PDA

View Full Version : It's finally here!!!!!

Skyler
07-27-2013, 10:41 PM
Hey all so my 500T finally came in. I haven't been able to hop on here and post this yet so here she is!

So now I need to start modding and making her mine. I saw that RRM has their new 500T ECU Box online and I was wondering if it's worth getting or should I hold off until an ECU tune.

My first few mods will be neuspeed springs, short shifter and do something with the ECU either the RRM box or a real tune, and a FMIC.
Any suggestions?

deathshead
07-27-2013, 10:47 PM
Hey all so my 500T finally came in. I haven't been able to hop on here and post this yet so here she is!

So now I need to start modding and making her mine. I saw that RRM has their new 500T ECU Box online and I was wondering if it's worth getting or should I hold off until an ECU tune.

My first few mods will be neuspeed springs, short shifter and do something with the ECU either the RRM box or a real tune, and a FMIC.
Any suggestions?

Welcome and congrats!
I would get all your supporting mods done first,
Cat less downpipe. Incredible difference!
Intake
And I would hold off for real odb flashable tunes especially being a T.
There's going to be a LOT of piggy back boxes dumped on the market after real tunes are out.

DIVSAbarth500
07-27-2013, 11:44 PM

Any suggestions?

Sweet. Congrats on the new ride. Your first mods sound good (springs/short shifter). If you want to wait for a tune instead of piggyback, that is your call. Forget the FMIC for now. Absolutely no need for one until you are making serious power. Stock IC is very efficient (as they are on most turbo cars these days). Save your money for other mods. Just my opinion.

Abarth Phreak
07-28-2013, 12:05 AM
Congrats! She looks hot.

Neu-F is the way to go...!

As far as the FMIC, the stocker is functional but I would not say it "is very efficient" as DIVS said above, but he is correct, go that route last unless you really want it for looks until you start pushing the car more. I have been on the fence about a piggy and patiently waiting for a tune. The increased chatter indicates there are few companies working on it so it may not be much longer...(less than a year perhaps)

Long_John
07-28-2013, 10:42 AM
Welcome to the club. Hold off on the ecu. Get some shocks to go with the springs.

..We need a 500T section

ScorpionSkins.com
07-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Love those headlights, enjoy! :)

Tweak
07-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Welcome to the club. Hold off on the ecu. Get some shocks to go with the springs.

..We need a 500T section

Indeed, this "suggestion" needs to be made more obvious by being posted here... http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/forumdisplay.php?27-Suggestions
;)

Robert Nixon
07-28-2013, 09:07 PM
looks great, congrats!

Skyler
07-29-2013, 04:57 PM
Thanks everyone, Good point on the FMIC I will deffinatly wait on that one. As far as suspension I was hoping to get the lower stance without sacrificing the ride cause it'll still be driven daily. I saw that 500 Madness just came out with their downpipe, what are your thoughts about it? is that the one to get or are there others that might be better. Also will the downpipe throw a code without the O2 spacer? If so then I'm getting the spacer as well. What are everyones favourate CAI? I was looking at the RRM one, and as far as short shifters RRM sells an adapter for much cheaper than a full out short shifter is it worth it or should I go full out and get a craven one?

Thanks