PDA

View Full Version : Flashing / Blinking Auto Door Lock Light

Spancho
07-27-2013, 05:57 AM
Has anyone figured out how to correct the auto lock light and make it stop blinking? The manual clearly says LED on indicates locked. LED off indicates unlocked. What's with the blinking?

Curious
07-27-2013, 07:59 AM
I've read about this problem in this forum site. Long story short your dealer can reset something in your car to fix this. It's an easy fix for them.

NGEN
07-27-2013, 03:23 PM
10 minute fix - go to the studio. As long as their Fiat tech is there, it takes about 5-10 minutes to perform the update (this was supposed to be done prior)

Spancho
07-29-2013, 06:07 PM
I went by the dealership just now on the way home from work. There are three Fiat techs there. Pleasant. But neither of them knew anything about a flashing light issue with the door lock. They looked at me as if I just landed from outer space. They asked if I could stop back tomorrow morning when they would have time to really look at the car.

Soooo... Can anyone assist me with a TSB bulletin or some specific direction I can give these guys to rectify the issue? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Spancho
07-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Just called Fiat Customer Care. First let me say that the lady trying to assist me is SUPER nice. Still, she unfortunately had no information regarding the door lock light issue. She agreed with how I read the manual, that the light should be steady or off - not ever blinking.

Help?

Che Dog
07-29-2013, 09:36 PM
Wish I could tell you what they did but I can't as they fixed it, seemingly easily, after they ascertained that it was a code that should have been put in at pre-delivery but wasn't. It seemed easy once they knew what was wrong. (The service note says: "This problem was not a warranty issue, it was a lack of completion during the PDI. No key code was entered before car was delivered to customer. Key code entered, fault codes erased, problem resolved.")

Not sure this would work but you can try a call to McKevitt FIAT in Berkeley, CA (877-896-3539 — that's the service dept.). Paul is the service advisor there who worked on this issue a week ago; you might mention that to him and see if he has suggestions for FIAT central and studios.

Good luck!

Spancho
07-29-2013, 10:16 PM
Thank you so much!

Spancho
07-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Well, Che Dog - your service department is doing a lot better than mine! I was at the dealer at 7am this morning. The service advisor first told me, "it's a security light. It's supposed to do that." I showed him page 20 in the owner's manual. "Oh. We've never seen this issue before." I showed him the service note your service advisor stated, "This problem was not a warranty issue, it was a lack of completion during the PDI. No key code was entered before car was delivered to customer. Key code entered, fault codes erased, problem resolved." And then I waited. For almost an hour and a half.

He comes back to me and says they don't know how to resolve the problem. They've sent a message to headquarters and hope to have information back by tomorrow afternoon, at which point they will contact me. If I don't hear back, I should call him.

Yeah.

I'm going to give a call to your studio in Berkeley, CA. I called yesterday evening, but they had already closed. I have to allow for the time difference, as I'm in New York. Let's see how this plays out...

Che Dog
07-30-2013, 10:59 AM
Good luck! Let us know how it turns out...

Well, Che Dog - your service department is doing a lot better than mine! I was at the dealer at 7am this morning. The service advisor first told me, "it's a security light. It's supposed to do that." I showed him page 20 in the owner's manual. "Oh. We've never seen this issue before." I showed him the service note your service advisor stated, "This problem was not a warranty issue, it was a lack of completion during the PDI. No key code was entered before car was delivered to customer. Key code entered, fault codes erased, problem resolved." And then I waited. For almost an hour and a half.

He comes back to me and says they don't know how to resolve the problem. They've sent a message to headquarters and hope to have information back by tomorrow afternoon, at which point they will contact me. If I don't hear back, I should call him.

Yeah.

I'm going to give a call to your studio in Berkeley, CA. I called yesterday evening, but they had already closed. I have to allow for the time difference, as I'm in New York. Let's see how this plays out...

Spancho
07-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Spoke with Paul, your service advisor at McKevitt FIATT. He was a pleasure.

His direction is to instruct my local service advisor to refer to "Star Case S13080000194." He states that "during the PDI, the key code was not entered into the BCM." I will relay this to my local service tech and report back. Thanks!

Spancho
07-31-2013, 10:21 PM
All fixed. Giving that Star Case number to the tech enabled them to resolve the issue immediately. Couldn't have done it without you Che Dog!

Che Dog
08-01-2013, 08:11 AM
My pleasure … and of course there's Paul! (BTW, for you northern Californians, check Yelp for McKevitt FIAT. My experience has been very positive as well).

All fixed. Giving that Star Case number to the tech enabled them to resolve the issue immediately. Couldn't have done it without you Che Dog!

Cammilla500L
08-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Mine was flashing off and on and they took it the service dept. and fixed it before I drove it off the lot.

It only flashes now when I locked it with my key button. The light stays solid when I lock it at the dash.

FiatCares
08-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Mine was flashing off and on and they took it the service dept. and fixed it before I drove it off the lot.

It only flashes now when I locked it with my key button. The light stays solid when I lock it at the dash.

Yes, the studios have now been recently equipped with a repair procedure for this.. if any of you have this concern, feel free to contact me and I will work with your studio to resolve.

Wolfepaw
08-09-2013, 05:44 PM
I just took my 500L in this AM for this exact issue and they said they couldn't fix it. I even told them where I found the case # for it(here). They said the software fix for it wasn't available yet. I didn't have another hour to sit and argue with them. Not very impressed with the communication to the various dealerships with about the issues and fixes.

FiatCares
08-12-2013, 11:38 AM
I just took my 500L in this AM for this exact issue and they said they couldn't fix it. I even told them where I found the case # for it(here). They said the software fix for it wasn't available yet. I didn't have another hour to sit and argue with them. Not very impressed with the communication to the various dealerships with about the issues and fixes.

Actually the 'fix' is available. If you would like, PM me with your VIN and studio name and Ill be sure to let the studio know where to find the fix.

sbulla
08-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Mine is fixed also.

Wolfepaw
08-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Actually the 'fix' is available. If you would like, PM me with your VIN and studio name and Ill be sure to let the studio know where to find the fix.

PM sent and thank you! I have my first service coming up so it will be in for that before too long.

FiatCares
08-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Just called Fiat Customer Care. First let me say that the lady trying to assist me is SUPER nice. Still, she unfortunately had no information regarding the door lock light issue. She agreed with how I read the manual, that the light should be steady or off - not ever blinking.

Help?

Sorry for the delay... but I do have a repair procedure for the blinking door light. Feel free to PM me with your studios name and representative and Id be happy to email him/her the information needed for repair.

Wolfepaw
08-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Sorry for the delay... but I do have a repair procedure for the blinking door light. Feel free to PM me with your studios name and representative and Id be happy to email him/her the information needed for repair.

Oddly enough I had my 500L scheduled for this tomorrow and yesterday....it just stopped doing it out of the blue and started working normally. I swear this car is just messing with me! lol I don't know if I just hit the right combination of buttons or what. I wasn't messing with anything or changing settings.