PDA

View Full Version : 2013 shift light update for 2012?

Saxonite
07-26-2013, 12:59 PM
I had my 2012 Abarth in the dealership for a few days and they gave me a loaner 2013. Most of the new features I didn't care for but the one I did like was the fuel economy shift light when you were not in sport mode. I was wondering if anyone had heard if their would be an update for those with 2012 cars. I know its a bit of a trivial thing but it would keep me from reving out the car too much and kill my fuel economy.

Jjm4life
07-26-2013, 05:56 PM
shift earlier? dont hit redline in each gear? its common sense.

you really want a car telling you what to do and when to do it?

enginethatcould
07-26-2013, 07:23 PM
It's not that great. It's a dumb system that simply tells you to switch before 2000rpm or before the turbo spools up.

Aussie
07-26-2013, 08:57 PM
It's an economy light. Ideal for fuel consumption.

Saxonite
07-29-2013, 12:33 PM
I know all it's for is better fuel economy and I could just shift earlier but after driving my acura for 8 years its hard to transistion to shifting at 2k instead of 3.5k. A small reminder wouldn't hurt and it can be turned off. Plus it only flashes a couple times then turns off if you don't shift. It was one of the few new features that I actually liked and it seems like a simple software update to get it on the first run cars.

BigT
07-29-2013, 01:11 PM
you will be miserable if you shift when that light directs you too and so will the people behind you. Just leave it in sport and shift on or before 3k rpms problem solved.

Tony S
07-29-2013, 10:57 PM
I have it on my 13 and it don't go out after a few seconds. It goes out if you continue to accelerate or take your foot off the gas. If you hold the revs at about 2k it will stay on.

Saxonite
08-01-2013, 01:29 PM
I have it on my 13 and it don't go out after a few seconds. It goes out if you continue to accelerate or take your foot off the gas. If you hold the revs at about 2k it will stay on.

Interesting. I didn't notice it staying on if I held the gear longer but then again I could have been briefly lifting off the throttle. To me it seems like the updates they added to the menu on the 2013 would be an easy software update but there could be more to it than just that.