PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Satellite Radio

mason702
07-25-2013, 09:41 PM
Hello Fellow owners
Question for all Does anyone know how to activate Sirius satellite radio? I have a 2014 Fiat 500L easy. We got the premier package valued at $1745. This includes Uconnect 6.5 inch screen, Nav, backup cam,and park assist.
THe SXM button is on the screen but when you press it, it does nothing. Went into settings and the ID is unknown. I called Sirius and they told me with out and ID they can not help me. I saw something on another forum about a 2013 Dodge Dart and the dude calmed by changing the stander antenna to a satellite the ID will then show up. I called Fiat corpete and they told me that they are working on the problem and will have solution in the future. I than contacted the dealer where I got the car they said that only way i can get satellite radio is to change out the head unit to a new unit which is the same one for a low price of $4,000. Does anyone have any suggestions of what works or what my next move should be. Thank you

SeaDawg
07-25-2013, 10:48 PM
FIAT has created a Monster with this manufacturing mistake. Apparently they included the icon even if the vehicle did NOT have Sirius radio, which gives the new owner the impression they have something they do NOT.

The latest information I have seen on this situation is that if you don't have the 'Beats' audio then you do NOT have Sirius radio. If that is your situation the only way you CAN get Sirius is either one of the add on modules Sirius sells seperately which is sort of a 'one-size-fits-all' system or spend the BIG bucks to have a new head unit installed.

Cammilla500L
07-25-2013, 10:50 PM
I have a 2014 500L Easy. Mine came with the Beats radio package and the Sirius radio was already working when I test drove it. I do know that there are other member here that are having problems. There is other threads here discussing it.
It sounds like its a problem Fiat is aware of.

I hope you're enjoying your 500L as much as I'm enjoying mine.

sbulla
07-25-2013, 11:18 PM
I bought the 500L lounge model and my Sirius satellite was activated the day I bought it at the dealer.

MaxPower
07-26-2013, 12:59 PM
See the thread No SiriusXM on the Uconnect 6.5

nolalou
07-31-2013, 11:36 AM
You say you have the 'premier package' , but that may not include Sirius. When I look at the Fiat USA web site, they show the "Easy Premier Package", or as an option for an additional $700 "Easy Premier Package + Beats Audio & SiriusXM"
The fact that the SXM button exists is not surprising, before I bought my FIAT, the Suzuki I had also had a "Sirirus' button, but it only worked if you had the package that included satellite radio. I've seen that on friends cars too, so it's not just a FIAT issue.