PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard EVIC Sounds Missing

wildeyed
07-25-2013, 07:01 AM
Hello Everyone,

My most recent anomaly involves the loss of any "sounds" from my EVIC. These include the "click-click" of the turn signals (this is a very real safety issue) and the "speed beep" option which I actually did use. There may be other sounds missing that I've yet to notice. Does anybody know where these sounds reside? Is it a software issue or is there a hardware module involved? I'd love to be able to direct my tech since they are so often at a loss. I'm about to take my car in for it's final warranty service (I'm getting close to 60K km) and I want to make sure that everything is dealt with. The list includes the sounds just mentioned, the passenger side rapid seat release has stopped working - rear-seat passengers cannot get out - and there is rust bubbling the paint at the rear window sill.

As always, any help is appreciated.

FiatCACares
07-25-2013, 09:59 AM
Wildeyed,

Sounds like the problem would be coming from the instrument cluster. However, since there are too many variables involved, I am unable to properly assess the cause of your electrical concern by correspondence. Please keep me updated when you will be bringing the vehicle in for a diagnosis. PM me your VIN# and the name of your studio and I'd be happy to help in reviewing your concerns.

Robert Nixon
07-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Have you scrolled thru all the controls of the EVIC? I know there is one specific one to turn on/off the Speed Beep (whatever that is!). Not sure if there is a master control to turn the sounds off.

Tweak
07-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Have you scrolled thru all the controls of the EVIC? I know there is one specific one to turn on/off the Speed Beep (whatever that is!). Not sure if there is a master control to turn the sounds off.

You can adjust the sound levels so it is possible it could be turned down to low (maybe lowest is off) but someone would have to deliberately turn it as low as possible so this seems doubtful.

SeaDawg
07-25-2013, 10:51 PM
A reflash MAY work, but it may require a complete cluster replacement. Good luck!