PDA

View Full Version : No SiriusXM on the Uconnect 6.5

MaxPower
07-24-2013, 05:10 PM
I have started a new thread as the previous thread I originally posted this in has begun to turn into a thread about the new Trek.

Here is my original post below. I will post an update shortly with the latest I have found out.

No SiriusXM.

Ours came with the Popular equipment group, 6-speed auto, and the "free" premier package that includes the Uconnect 6.5 with GPS, rear camera and park assist. The dealer had advertised on their website, and the salesperson confirmed, that the Uconnect 6.5 included SiriusXM. When I test drove it, indeed the Uconnect had the SiriusXM on it but since it was not yet activated I didnt test it out. After getting it home I realized while it had SiriusXM on the touchscreen, when I went to activate it it showed "unknown" for the SiriusXM unit ID. I took back to the dealer and after and hour of the tech looking into it, he came back with the bad news that it indeed does not have a SiriusXM unit ID and thus can not be activated. What is unknown at this point is (a) does the unit support SiriusXM but is just disabled somehow (b) does it have a SiriusXM antenna or not (c) can this be activated later by the dealer somehow or (d) is there some sort of add-on module and/or antenna to make it work. What is for sure is that unless the sticker says Beats Audio/SiriusXM you won't get SiriusXM even if the Uconnect headunit shows it when turned on. Hopefully there will be away to activate it without additional equipment needing to be installed.

ciddyguy
07-24-2013, 06:35 PM
I have started a new thread as the previous thread I originally posted this in has begun to turn into a thread about the new Trek.

Here is my original post below. I will post an update shortly with the latest I have found out.

No SiriusXM.

Ours came with the Popular equipment group, 6-speed auto, and the "free" premier package that includes the Uconnect 6.5 with GPS, rear camera and park assist. The dealer had advertised on their website, and the salesperson confirmed, that the Uconnect 6.5 included SiriusXM. When I test drove it, indeed the Uconnect had the SiriusXM on it but since it was not yet activated I didnt test it out. After getting it home I realized while it had SiriusXM on the touchscreen, when I went to activate it it showed "unknown" for the SiriusXM unit ID. I took back to the dealer and after and hour of the tech looking into it, he came back with the bad news that it indeed does not have a SiriusXM unit ID and thus can not be activated. What is unknown at this point is (a) does the unit support SiriusXM but is just disabled somehow (b) does it have a SiriusXM antenna or not (c) can this be activated later by the dealer somehow or (d) is there some sort of add-on module and/or antenna to make it work. What is for sure is that unless the sticker says Beats Audio/SiriusXM you won't get SiriusXM even if the Uconnect headunit shows it when turned on. Hopefully there will be away to activate it without additional equipment needing to be installed.

I believe the module is there, however, if you don't have the appropriate package, then you don't get the VIN that is required to activate it. Don't know if that can be retro activated or not however. I believe this is also true for the 5" units too, as once we get past the first year, then the 6.5" unit becomes an extra cost unit, though if you get the Pop, you will have to pay extra for it to upgrade to the 6.5", just that it's only free on the Easy and up trim right now.

jfitz
07-25-2013, 08:11 PM
I believe the module is there, however, if you don't have the appropriate package, then you don't get the VIN that is required to activate it. Don't know if that can be retro activated or not however. I believe this is also true for the 5" units too, as once we get past the first year, then the 6.5" unit becomes an extra cost unit, though if you get the Pop, you will have to pay extra for it to upgrade to the 6.5", just that it's only free on the Easy and up trim right now.

Traded in our sport last week for the 500L was told it comes with Sirius spent hours at service trying to get it to work has an unknown radio ID in setup. Just found out today the ones that did not come preactivated there is a problem with the flash code to activate them. They are hoping to get the problem resolved in the third quarter sometime around September. Not very happy.

MaxPower
07-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Here is the latest info I have gathered after about a month looking into the missing SiriusXM issue:

Only 500Ls which have the Beats Audio/SiriusXM package (as noted on the window sticker) include SiriusXM. If you don't have this package then your Uconnect 6.5 does not have the ability to activate SiriusXM and you will see UNKNOWN listed as the SiriusXM ID.

All 500Ls that ship with the Uconnect 6.5 unit show a button for SiriusXM and imply that it can be activated by calling SiriusXM.

When I first called Uconnect directly and gave them my VIN number they stated that according to their database my unit should have SiriusXM. They have since corrected this issue and now just refer you to Chrysler/FIAT.

When the 500Ls first shipped it was not clearly explained to the dealers that SiriusXM is only included with the Beats Audio package, thus many dealers incorrectly informed buyers that their 500L had SiriusXM when it did not. In my case my dealer actually scheduled me for service with a tech to have it activated the following day not realizing it was not included with my 500L.

The 500Ls ship with a SiriusXM brochure in with the user manual implying you have SiriusXM and 1 year free subscription even when you don't have it.

The Uconnect website implies that all Uconnect 6.5 units have the ability to get SiriusXM if simply activated.

The website software that many of the Fiat dealers use to enable customers to see their current new inventory incorrectly shows all 500Ls as having "AM/FM radio: SiriusXM". This shown under the ENTERTAINMENT FEATURES section of the details of a car. This was still true as of this writing.

The "theory" on how this happened is this: Fiat decided to include for free a Premier Package with the first batch of 500Ls produced that includes the Uconnect 6.5 with nav, backup cam, and park assist. In a desire to keep costs lower and to provide a motivation to purchase the Beats Audio package, Fiat had the Uconnects in the Premier Package delivered without the specific software required to provide the unit with a unique SiriusXM ID (as noted by jfitz). This is why when you go to the SiriusXM activation screen you see UNKNOWN as the ID. The Uconnects have the ability to provide SiriusXM, but lack the software based ID number which is required to activate it. Since none of this was obvious to the dealers it has created much confusion. The solution would be to provide a software update to the Uconnects that would add the required SiriusXM ID components so it could then be activated. Fiat did not plan on doing this and at this point is looking into seeing if and how this could be done. This will require coordination with SiriusXM and the dealers to figure out a simple way to provide unique ID updates for a small set of units sold to people who thought they had SiriusXM. Supposedly they are looking to do this in the near future, but I have not had someone from Fiat confirm this. Moving forward, the dealers and Fiat are very careful to make sure all new customers know that they don't have SiriusXM included unless they get the Beast Audio package.

So if you bought a 500L recently under the assumption you had SiriusXM you might be able to get some sort of resolution by contacting your dealer. The more customers who complain about this, the more likely Fiat will finally issue an update so that SiriusXM can be activated.

I will update this post again when I find out more.

Tweak
07-26-2013, 06:35 PM
Traded in our sport last week for the 500L was told it comes with Sirius spent hours at service trying to get it to work has an unknown radio ID in setup. Just found out today the ones that did not come preactivated there is a problem with the flash code to activate them. They are hoping to get the problem resolved in the third quarter sometime around September. Not very happy.

Sorry to hear you are unhappy about the radio situation, looks like MaxPower has put some effort into tracking down additional information.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Che Dog
07-27-2013, 01:26 PM
I, too, regret that I was deceived (I know, I know: not intentionally) on the availability of SiriusXM. There was a brochure with my Easy manuals touting Sirius for one year free. And, if you go to the Build It 500L area of the FIAT website right now here's what you get for the free Premier package:

Easy Premier Package

Media Hub (SD, USB, Aux)
ParkSense ® Rear Park Assist System
The ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System uses sound waves to detect nearby obstacles in and near the rear path of the vehicle to help you maneuver in tight spaces at parking speeds. Audiovisual indicators in the overhead display in the rear of the vehicle alert you to the proximity of most larger, stationary objects that might be outside your line of sight. Always check entire surroundings before backing up. ParkSense is a registered trademark of Chrysler Group LLC.
ParkView ™ Rear Back-Up Camera
ParkView♢ rear back-up camera is designed to assist the driver in detecting obstacles out of their line of sight during maneuvers. Always check entire surroundings before backing up.
Uconnect ® 6.5A AM/FM/BT/Voice
AM/FM radio. Media Hub with audio jack and USB port for music control and USB charging capability. SD Card Input for Music. Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth, which includes Hands Free Calling, Voice Prompts, Voice Commands for Radio Functions and Bluetooth Streaming Audio. 8.4-Inch Touch Screen for displaying music info and climate controls. Steering Wheel Music Controls. SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 1 Year Trial Included.

Note that it says it there and there are no ifs, ands, or buts.

It seems awfully sloppy to know there's a problem and not even take care of the false advertising for prospective buyers, much less those of us who bought under false pretenses.

Tweak
07-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Welcome to the forum "Dog". :D

NGEN
07-27-2013, 03:22 PM
I have a feeling for those of us who bought the Easy without the Beats will end up with a year free of Sirius by 3rd quarter. Similar to when the 500s first came out, they want the first batch of buyers to be happy as this is a big step for Fiat in the US.

White Abarth
07-31-2013, 01:40 PM
Sitting at my studio having the oil changed in the Abarth and I just overheard the service guy mention to someone on the phone a just-released-yesterday software update for the L. He didn't seem completely aware of the details, but he said it had something to do with the SiriusXM button on the screen of the 500L. Maybe it has to do with this issue?

NGEN
07-31-2013, 02:30 PM
Way to go there eavesdropper! LOL Hopefully you are right and we will see it soon.

White Abarth
07-31-2013, 04:35 PM
O.K. So I got more info for you...

Customer came in with his 500L while I was there. He said it was one of the ones with the special early-release package. Tech was using a flashdrive-based app to update the audio system and enable the Sirius receiver. That was shortly followed by the screen going into lock mode. When I left, the studio was on the phone with a Chrysler tech and looking up the car's radio unlock code.

So, if I understood correctly, they are now enabling the Sirius on these early 500Ls. Personally, I'd wait a couple days before taking my car in to ensure they've got all the bugs worked out of the update process.

Timem
08-01-2013, 10:47 AM
I live in Dayton, OH and got my 500L about two weeks ago. Love it. My wife has a custom red 2012 500 with sunroof. I guess we have a Fiat thing. I just called our dealer service dept and he told me I was on the list to get XMS and have an appointment at 1:00 PM today. I give details about experience later.

Andree
08-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Oh, YAY! Good news from White Abarth and Timem!

Hoping for this situation to be resolved for everyone!!

Timem
08-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Hey took my 500L in to dealer they had my name and vin number for the change approval. Service Mgr said all he new was he got a flash stick with something for the soft touch buttons on the Uconnect system so he proceeded. When I got the car new it said this when you were in the radio mode- AM, FM & SXM (but no SXM). Now it doesn't show SXM. They sure got me. He said he didn't know nothing about SXM.

Andree
08-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Hey took my 500L in to dealer they had my name and vin number for the change approval. Service Mgr said all he new was he got a flash stick with something for the soft touch buttons on the Uconnect system so he proceeded. When I got the car new it said this when you were in the radio mode- AM, FM & SXM (but no SXM). Now it doesn't show SXM. They sure got me. He said he didn't know nothing about SXM.

Well, it would be nice if everyone could get free SXM that didn't pay for it. Life doesn't usually work that way. And it would anger the people that DID pay for the SXM/Beats package that they had to pay for their SXM, so then they'd want it "free" too. Pretty soon everyone is mad.

What was done at the dealership is exactly what should have been done in the first place. The units that did not have the Beats/SXM should never have SHOWN a Sirius button. No confusion then, not for sales people, not for service techs, not for customers.

None of the vehicles showed SiriusXM on the window sticker, if they didn't have the option. And the window sticker is right from the manufacturer showing exactly what is on the vehicle.

This IS the fix for the problem, that little icon is removed that isn't supposed to be there.

rlove1221
08-07-2013, 08:55 PM
hello ! Just got the 500L and love it ! .. I called up Fiat about the SXM and they said it was an error in the first batch and there is a software update to remove the button, i said what about a software update to make it work . She said the radio is missing the transmitter and that there is a "rumor" that they may come out with an accessory to make it work. Until then, Im just bluetooth streaming from my phone.

Charliespeaking
08-07-2013, 09:39 PM
I had the same experience! I put in Sirius/XM aftermarket. I'm still not over this. At the dealer, we all thought XM was there, it was a menue option. Next day I brought it back, they said there was a software update from FIAT. When they appiled it, the XM menu option disappeared.

Tweak
08-07-2013, 10:09 PM
hello ! Just got the 500L and love it ! .. I called up Fiat about the SXM and they said it was an error in the first batch and there is a software update to remove the button, i said what about a software update to make it work . She said the radio is missing the transmitter and that there is a "rumor" that they may come out with an accessory to make it work. Until then, Im just bluetooth streaming from my phone.

Welcome to the forum.

Andree
08-08-2013, 04:07 AM

Any accessory would have to have a transmitter, which would NOT be a software update.

If they do create an XM-capable accessory, installing that accessory will come with it's own software update, which will include the new transmitter. It won't be free.

And it may require wiring, and a new antenna (if the regular 500 radio needs carry over to the 500L).

MaxPower
08-09-2013, 10:50 AM

The easiest solution (but obviously not the cheapest for Fiat) is to replace the radio with one that has SiriusXM (the ones that are in the cars with the Beats Audio package). All cars today are very plug-and-play so that the wiring etc is all there. It is far easier and cheaper to build cars with as few variations as possible. They can easily swap out a radio and swap out an antenna if that would solve the problem. I still don't believe that the radios are missing a "transmitter". I bet it is easier and cheaper to make all the radios the same with the SiriusXM built-in and then activate via software as needed at the factory. I believe that the issue now is the hassle of updating software with unique SiriusXM IDs for a handful of customers at the dealer. It is easier to just remove the button for all future customers.

I am still waiting to hear back from my dealer. They have updated me almost every week (kudos to them!), but no resolution yet. No news is still good news to me as it appears they have not just given up yet. I am willing to be a little more patient if they continue to push the issue with Fiat.

Wolfepaw
08-09-2013, 05:38 PM
I was just in today with my 500L for a different issue and asked if they even knew this was an issue. The Fiat dealer in Kirkland, WA had no idea what I was even talking about.

jfitz
08-10-2013, 08:41 PM
My salesman called me to say service told them they had the issue fixed and to make me an appointment to bring it in. When we called service they asked if the salesman told me what the fix was? Well the fix is to remove the xm button from the screen I guess if it's not there I'll forget they told me I had it well that's not happening. It wouldn't be so bad but before I traded in my sport I asked them the window sticker said premium sound but didn't mention XM but the web description said it had XM so I wanted to make sure it had XM before I drove an hour to buy the car and was told it came with the one year. Today in the mail I got my Fiat welcome to the FIAT welcome to the family USB and I open it and it says all 500L's come with one year XM. Waiting on September to see what happens. Not Happy

jfitz
08-11-2013, 11:07 AM
That would be all well and good if the dealership had not flat out lied to me. I called them and asked them about the sirius I told them the window sticker said premium sound but did not mention sirius but the website listed am fm sirius. Asked them if it had it or not they put me on hold went out and checked came back said yes it has sirius drove an hour there asked them about sirius on the test drive they said it just had to be programed trade in my sport sent me to service to get it to work spent two hours there they could not get it to work. Told me they would get it to work the following week call back monday. That's what I'm mad
about. Today I get the usb in the mail welcome to the FIAT family and on page 12 it says everybody that buys a 500l gets free sirius for a year so who's lying

MaxPower
08-12-2013, 12:49 PM
As was noted by others, I got my Fiat Welcome package today which included a USB stick that has an HTML link.
Here is the link: http://fiatwelcome.com/2013/

If you download the Welcome Flipbook from the link you will see on page 9 that it states, "If you have a FIAT® 500L, you are ready to enjoy your Sirius All-Access Package. You will get every channel available on your radio...". It does not mention anything about only being available on an optional package. This is yet just another example where consumers (and dealers) are lead to believe that SiriusXM is included with the 500L.

Also, my dealership still shows (as of today) on their website that all of the 500Ls Easys include SiriusXM, even if they don't have the Beats Audio package. I think they use the same new dealer inventory website app as other dealers so I suspect they are not the only one showing this. You can see this by going to the new inventory page and then searching all of their 2014 inventory. You will see a list of all the 500Ls. Select any of them and look under ENTERTAINMENT FEATURES and you will see it lists AM/FM radio: SiriusXM. Here is the URL: http://www.fiatusaofcary.com/new-inventory/index.htm?reset=InventoryListing

Installing a software update that removes the button doesn't resolve the issue. I am really disappointed in how Fiat/Chrysler is handling this issue.

My dealer called me last Friday (they do have good communication with me!). They had no update for me other than that they were still looking into the issue.:neglected:

jfitz
08-13-2013, 05:46 PM
Been fighting with them for a month now. Same reply I'm getting were looking into it

rlove1221
08-13-2013, 10:21 PM
As was noted by others, I got my Fiat Welcome package today which included a USB stick that has an HTML link.
Here is the link: http://fiatwelcome.com/2013/

If you download the Welcome Flipbook from the link you will see on page 9 that it states, "If you have a FIAT® 500L, you are ready to enjoy your Sirius All-Access Package. You will get every channel available on your radio...". It does not mention anything about only being available on an optional package. This is yet just another example where consumers (and dealers) are lead to believe that SiriusXM is included with the 500L.

Also, my dealership still shows (as of today) on their website that all of the 500Ls Easys include SiriusXM, even if they don't have the Beats Audio package. I think they use the same new dealer inventory website app as other dealers so I suspect they are not the only one showing this. You can see this by going to the new inventory page and then searching all of their 2014 inventory. You will see a list of all the 500Ls. Select any of them and look under ENTERTAINMENT FEATURES and you will see it lists AM/FM radio: SiriusXM. Here is the URL: http://www.fiatusaofcary.com/new-inventory/index.htm?reset=InventoryListing

Installing a software update that removes the button doesn't resolve the issue. I am really disappointed in how Fiat/Chrysler is handling this issue.

My dealer called me last Friday (they do have good communication with me!). They had no update for me other than that they were still looking into the issue.:neglected:

Thats good they keep in contact with you , my dealer hasn't answered me back . BTW, Even on the uConnect website they say the 6.5 radio includes SiriusXM http://www.driveuconnect.com/system/fiat/?year=2014 .

This is off topic on this thread , but if anyone know a safe cleaner for the seats & dash please let me know thanks !

MaxPower
08-22-2013, 09:59 AM
My dealer contacted me again regarding the issue. They stated their "Fiat contact" said that Fiat would be willing to cover the costs to have an external/aftermarket SXM radio installed and cover the cost of 1 year of SXM. I declined as I don't want an aftermarket unit that works through the FM antenna installed in my Fiat. I want what I had on my 500 Sport that I traded in which is an integrated SXM unit.

I suggested again that there must be some additional components that could be added to provide SXM. The 500Ls with the Uconnect 6.5 must be pre-wired and ready to go only requiring perhaps either (a) a different head unit- which I doubt or (b) a SXM module/antenna. Fiat has to have their factory process pretty easy and simple to plug-and-play any feature they need in a car without requiring substantial changes to wiring etc. The dealer agreed and was going to look further into determining what exactly is missing and if it is possible to get the missing components via Parts, etc.

While this whole process is taking a long time and it is disappointing that this problem even exists, I am impressed with my dealer and their handling of the matter...so far...

Wolfepaw
08-22-2013, 12:28 PM
My dealer contacted me again regarding the issue. They stated their "Fiat contact" said that Fiat would be willing to cover the costs to have an external/aftermarket SXM radio installed and cover the cost of 1 year of SXM. I declined as I don't want an aftermarket unit that works through the FM antenna installed in my Fiat. I want what I had on my 500 Sport that I traded in which is an integrated SXM unit.

I suggested again that there must be some additional components that could be added to provide SXM. The 500Ls with the Uconnect 6.5 must be pre-wired and ready to go only requiring perhaps either (a) a different head unit- which I doubt or (b) a SXM module/antenna. Fiat has to have their factory process pretty easy and simple to plug-and-play any feature they need in a car without requiring substantial changes to wiring etc. The dealer agreed and was going to look further into determining what exactly is missing and if it is possible to get the missing components via Parts, etc.

While this whole process is taking a long time and it is disappointing that this problem even exists, I am impressed with my dealer and their handling of the matter...so far...

Glad to hear your dealer is going the extra mile. It would be really nice if Fiat took a uniformed approach to this and offered info instead of making us force them to look at it. My dealer won't even talk about it.

Luv2byte
08-30-2013, 01:56 AM
Glad to hear your dealer is going the extra mile. It would be really nice if Fiat took a uniformed approach to this and offered info instead of making us force them to look at it. My dealer won't even talk about it.

So weird your experience with Kirkland iis polar opposite of ours. They have gone above & behind to be sure we are happy. I also made sure that nav & Sxm was activated before we left the lot. We bought a trekking (fully loaded) w Beats so no issue with Sxm (thankfully).

Andree
08-30-2013, 04:35 AM
I, too, regret that I was deceived (I know, I know: not intentionally) on the availability of SiriusXM. There was a brochure with my Easy manuals touting Sirius for one year free. And, if you go to the Build It 500L area of the FIAT website right now here's what you get for the free Premier package:

Easy Premier Package

Media Hub (SD, USB, Aux)
ParkSense ® Rear Park Assist System
The ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System uses sound waves to detect nearby obstacles in and near the rear path of the vehicle to help you maneuver in tight spaces at parking speeds. Audiovisual indicators in the overhead display in the rear of the vehicle alert you to the proximity of most larger, stationary objects that might be outside your line of sight. Always check entire surroundings before backing up. ParkSense is a registered trademark of Chrysler Group LLC.
ParkView ™ Rear Back-Up Camera
ParkView♢ rear back-up camera is designed to assist the driver in detecting obstacles out of their line of sight during maneuvers. Always check entire surroundings before backing up.
Uconnect ® 6.5A AM/FM/BT/Voice
AM/FM radio. Media Hub with audio jack and USB port for music control and USB charging capability. SD Card Input for Music. Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth, which includes Hands Free Calling, Voice Prompts, Voice Commands for Radio Functions and Bluetooth Streaming Audio. 8.4-Inch Touch Screen for displaying music info and climate controls. Steering Wheel Music Controls. SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 1 Year Trial Included.

Note that it says it there and there are no ifs, ands, or buts.

It seems awfully sloppy to know there's a problem and not even take care of the false advertising for prospective buyers, much less those of us who bought under false pretenses.

To make it just a bit more confusing, you don't appear to need the Beats option to have Sirius in the 500L Lounge. It's Standard Equipment.

This is all listed on the window sticker of a Lounge:

INTERIOR FEATURES
Uconnect (R) 5.0 AM/FM/Bluetooth (R)
SiriusXM Satellite Radio w/ 1-Yr Radio Subscription
6 Premium Speakers
Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control
Heated Front Seats
Driver Seat Height Adjuster
Passenger Seat Height Adjuster
Driver / Passenger Power 4-Way Lumbar Adjust
Tilt / Telescoping Steering Column
Chrome / Leather-Wrapped Shift Knob
Electronic Vehicle Information Center
Sun Visors with Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
Front and Rear Floor Mats
------------------------

And is also on the Fiat website.

This should be the link to the 500L Lounge Build It Yourself page:
http://www.fiatusa.com/hostc/bmo/CUX201405/models.do

Click "Lounge" then click "View Standard Features" (below and to the right of the photo of the vehicle).

So, all Lounges have Sirius XM. Beats is extra. Just learned that now.

Luv2byte
08-30-2013, 10:44 PM
The trekking we just bought at Kirkland Fiat does have Sxm, we made sure that Sxm & nav was activated before we even left the lot after picking it up. They were amazing with us.

Wolfepaw
08-31-2013, 01:10 AM
The trekking we just bought at Kirkland Fiat does have Sxm, we made sure that Sxm & nav was activated before we even left the lot after picking it up. They were amazing with us.

I'm guessing you have the Beats audio package...which has been stated many times on here has the SXM. :) If you had the 500 Easy, they would tell you it did, but it doesn't. :( The Kirkland studio guys are great, that is where I got my two Fiats. I don't blame them for not realizing it didn't have SXM. The button is there, the paperwork said it did. Service has been fine there as well, they just don't seem to keep up on any Fiat issues. They only have one Fiat tech as well which means very long waits for appointments. Took 9 days for my last appointment. Hopefully they add more as they sell more. Good luck and welcome to the Fiat family!

Luv2byte
08-31-2013, 03:35 AM
I'm guessing you have the Beats audio package...which has been stated many times on here has the SXM. :) If you had the 500 Easy, they would tell you it did, but it doesn't. :( The Kirkland studio guys are great, that is where I got my two Fiats. I don't blame them for not realizing it didn't have SXM. The button is there, the paperwork said it did. Service has been fine there as well, they just don't seem to keep up on any Fiat issues. They only have one Fiat tech as well which means very long waits for appointments. Took 9 days for my last appointment. Hopefully they add more as they sell more. Good luck and welcome to the Fiat family!

You are correct, it's has the package that includes Beats. Some earlier posts on here stated they have beats but no Sxm.

As for the studio, no complaints so far. The work we did have done the service mgr was quick & thorough with his communications and our sals person also kept up on the status of things, even though the sale was completed.we were impressed with the service all around.

MaxPower
09-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Is anyone an attorney on this board who might know if a class action lawsuit might be a reasonable option in this case if we are not able to get a resolution with Fiat?

Wolfepaw
09-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Is anyone an attorney on this board who might know if a class action lawsuit might be a reasonable option in this case if we are not able to get a resolution with Fiat?

Doubt that would go any where. It doesn't state on the window sticker it has SXM and you sign the document when you purchase stating they haven't promised you anything that is not on the sticker or in writing. I'm sure a few states have something on the books about telling you one thing but getting another, but my guess is you have to prove intent. No, I'm not an attorney, just my common sense and years of life experience involving legal issues speaking. I rack it up as my own stupidity for not actually checking before I purchased. They are the ones that really lost out. I would have purchased a more expensive model with it had I known the "SXM" button did nothing and it wasn't really there.

MaxPower
09-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Doubt that would go any where. It doesn't state on the window sticker it has SXM and you sign the document when you purchase stating they haven't promised you anything that is not on the sticker or in writing. I'm sure a few states have something on the books about telling you one thing but getting another, but my guess is you have to prove intent. No, I'm not an attorney, just my common sense and years of life experience involving legal issues speaking. I rack it up as my own stupidity for not actually checking before I purchased. They are the ones that really lost out. I would have purchased a more expensive model with it had I known the "SXM" button did nothing and it wasn't really there.

You make a good point and are probably right.

But playing "devils advocate" there are a lot of things that are not on the sticker that is implied in the purchase. For example, there is nothing stated on the sticker that a roof mounted antenna is provided with the car, but it is implied and all assume they are getting it when they make a purchase. If I had bought my car and just saw a piece of plastic on the roof, but then later found out that there was no antenna or cable connecting it to the tuner I would feel it was implied in the purchase. To prove my point, how many times do you see an advertisement or commercial for a car where they always have a disclaimer stating that some features shown are optional and not included. Why make that statement in the ad if they didnt have to since the sticker would be enough to protect them legally.

I think the case that can be made is that the Uconnect 6.5 shown on the sticker did imply and obligated Fiat to provide SXM since there is a lot of evidence (manuals, advertising, displayed features, etc) that indicate it is provided with all Uconnect 6.5 units. In fact I have yet to find something that states SXM is optional and not included with the Uconnect 6.5. It is only the word of Fiat and dealer who have told me this. The fact that the Beats Audio package states SXM is included does not prove that it is not included without that package.

At this point I am just curious and am still hopeful that Fiat will resolve the issue in the near future.

Andree
09-09-2013, 09:27 PM
You make a good point and are probably right.

But playing "devils advocate" there are a lot of things that are not on the sticker that is implied in the purchase. For example, there is nothing stated on the sticker that a roof mounted antenna is provided with the car, but it is implied and all assume they are getting it when they make a purchase. If I had bought my car and just saw a piece of plastic on the roof, but then later found out that there was no antenna or cable connecting it to the tuner I would feel it was implied in the purchase. To prove my point, how many times do you see an advertisement or commercial for a car where they always have a disclaimer stating that some features shown are optional and not included. Why make that statement in the ad if they didnt have to since the sticker would be enough to protect them legally.

I think the case that can be made is that the Uconnect 6.5 shown on the sticker did imply and obligated Fiat to provide SXM since there is a lot of evidence (manuals, advertising, displayed features, etc) that indicate it is provided with all Uconnect 6.5 units. In fact I have yet to find something that states SXM is optional and not included with the Uconnect 6.5. It is only the word of Fiat and dealer who have told me this. The fact that the Beats Audio package states SXM is included does not prove that it is not included without that package.

At this point I am just curious and am still hopeful that Fiat will resolve the issue in the near future.

Each and every thing has to be taken individually. Who messed up in each issue?

And there are many issues.

The button showing up on the UConnect system.

The UConnect website.

The Fiat website.

The dealer website.

The dealer's personnel.

The manufacturer's printed media, such as Owner's Manuals and User's Guides.

Your own failure to investigate the features on the vehicle.

None of the above mistakes/errors were done with malicious intent.

There were no errors on the Window Sticker. Correct?

Here, just go to the Wiki on Contractual Law (basic Business Law 101 all on one Wiki page, LOL):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract

That's the law. That's how things work.

Mistakes are listed, as well as misrepresentation/fraud.

You'd have to prove that the misrepresentation existed, addressing the specific person/people/company who caused the misrepresentation, and seek damages from those people. Which would be the other unit, not mentioned on your window sticker.

Most all of these issues have disclaimers, on websites or in print. "To the best of our knowledge" or "at the date of publication". I cannot sue for lack of subwoofer under the passenger seat, even though it's mentioned in the manual. I knew from my own looking into the features of the vehicle that the 2013 Lounge came with a different stereo system, the Alpine. The Bose system for 2012 had the subwoofer. I knew this because I read about the car. I also don't have a convertible opening button, that is mentioned in the manual, because I didn't buy a convertible. I don't need to press in the clutch either, as my car is an automatic.

Did you READ the manual for your car before buying the car? Probably not. I've read parts of the 500L and 500e manuals, and own neither. I downloaded them. To help other people. Anyway, if you didn't see those materials prior to buying the vehicle, you can't say you were misled by them. So, toss out all those complaints.

Did you read any of the materials that led you to believe the SiriusXM was included prior to buying the car? Any materials read afterwards are NOT VALID complaints.

What did you know and when did you know it?

What led you to believe it was there?

Look at the current "available" features for the 500L on the Fiat website:
http://www.fiatusa.com/en/2014/500L/

It says the Beats/Sirius are available, they're listed together, not separately. It also says the sunroof and/or contrast painted roof are available. And heated seats and/or specialty wheels. I wouldn't assume those things were going to be on my car unless they were listed on the window sticker.

Here's the Terms of Use for the Fiat website:
http://www.fiatusa.com/crossbrand/terms-of-use/

"Products' and Services' Descriptions and Specifications. Chrysler attempts to be as accurate as possible when describing its products and services. However, Chrysler does not warrant that product or service descriptions or specifications are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product or service we offer through the Services does not match its description, your sole remedies are to stop using the Services and to return the product in unused condition. All descriptions and specifications are subject to change at any time without notice."

Next up, you want a free lawyer on an online forum?

Go to the American Bar Association, click on your state, find your area, call the number:
http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/findlegalhelp/home.cfm

There's a super low cost option. You call, they set you up with someone who specializes in that type of case, and will listen to what you have to say. Here's an example from California, the first link in the list, with some clicking to find the appropriate page:
https://www.acbanet.org/For%20the%20Public/NeedaLawyer.aspx

" How does it work?

When you call the Lawyer Referral Service, you’ll speak with an intake referral counselor who will ask you a few basic questions about your legal situation. For a $35 fee, collected at intake, you will be given contact information for two attorneys qualified to represent you. This fee includes a consultation of up to 30 minutes with an attorney.

During that consultation, you and the attorney will determine whether the attorney will take your case, and agree upon terms of payment. Please note that the average rate for attorneys in California ranges from $200 to $400 per hour.

In the event that you do not need any attorney after all, you will be directed to an governmental, legal, or social services agency that can help you."

Come back after your appointment and let us know what the attorney said.

BillyBob
09-13-2013, 04:45 PM
I have been informed that my studio is ordering an after market sat radio for my car and will install it at no cost. They stated ,even if Fiat will not stand by their mistake, the dealership will. When it comes in, I will determine whether it is appropriate for my interior. it will probably take a couple of weeks.

MaxPower
09-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Each and every thing has to be taken individually. Who messed up in each issue?

And there are many issues.

The button showing up on the UConnect system.

The UConnect website.

The Fiat website.

The dealer website.

The dealer's personnel.

The manufacturer's printed me...

Thanks Andree for your detailed and comprehensive reply. I was just curious and you answered it well. Not being a lawyer myself I don't really know the ins and out, just what I think is right and fair. Obviously you are either an attorney yourself, know one well or have lots of experience here. Having this forum and its members helps!

It seems like every few months I get a notice in the mail for being a member of a class action suit for some consumer product I bought years ago. It usually ends up with me getting a check for a couple of dollars or some sort of coupon. Never really worth much. I always wondered how they get going. I won't be waiting for my notice with my Fiat :D

Hopefully the dealer will resolve the issue.

MaxPower
09-16-2013, 04:11 PM
I have been informed that my studio is ordering an after market sat radio for my car and will install it at no cost. They stated ,even if Fiat will not stand by their mistake, the dealership will. When it comes in, I will determine whether it is appropriate for my interior. it will probably take a couple of weeks.

My dealer offered me the same, but I didn't want the aftermarket. I have had one in the past and they are less than ideal. They usually require a separate tuner that gets mounted on your dash. Since uConnect probably isn't designed to work with aftermarket SXM tuners it will probably end up plugging into the FM antenna port which means you have to always go to a specific FM station to listen to it and the sound not as clear as an integrated unit. It will also likely require external antennas being installed on the roof. It still looks and works ok, but I really want to use something integrated into the uConnect and antenna.

I still find it hard to believe no one knows exactly what is installed in the 500Ls that have SXM that gives it SXM. Different uConnect? add-on module? different antenna? Once I know this, then I think I/dealer can figure out what is a reasonable resolution.

MaxPower
09-16-2013, 04:33 PM
I found a parts list for the 500L at http://www.mopar.com/fiat/500l/2014
Under the Electrical - Radio, Antenna, Speakers, DVD, and Video systems section it lists 3 different Radio/Multi Media Parts:
Part # 5ND54MXHAA = $0.00
Part # 5NE29MXHAA = $3600
Part # 5PE21MXHAA = $3900

I called my dealers parts department and found out that the 5NE29MXHAA is the uConnect 6.5 WITHOUT SXM and the 5PE21MXHAA is the uConnect 6.5 WITH SXM

There also only appears to be one antenna so it doesn't look like a separate antenna is needed for SXM.

Indie500L
09-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Under the Electrical - Radio, Antenna, Speakers, DVD, and Video systems section it lists 3 different Radio/Multi Media Parts:

I wonder if the last two are the uConnect 6.5 with the $3900 one being a version that includes SXM?

I also notice that their is only one part for the antenna which leads me to believe that there is not a separate/different antenna required for SXM.
I was unable to find any separate part/module for SXM which makes me think it is likely just two different uConnects - one with SXM and one without SXM and the retail cost difference between the two is about $300.

Anyone have the ability to get more detail on the radio part numbers above?

Yes folks those are the prices without the pennies showing - the unit is $3900.00 !!!!!

available at a slight discount ... http://www.hendrickmoparparts.com/OEMParts/dodge-120/5/5PE21MXHAA.html

Sort of makes you wonder WHO is making all the money on this thing and why, at that price, does the XM radio not work?

YIKES!!!

Andree
09-16-2013, 05:50 PM

I called my dealers parts department and found out that the 5NE29MXHAA is the uConnect 6.5 WITHOUT SXM and the 5PE21MXHAA is the uConnect 6.5 WITH SXM

There also only appears to be one antenna so it doesn't look like a separate antenna is needed for SXM.

Good find! I know I'd looked before and there were very few items up for the 500L at the time. That's a lot of money.

Andree
09-16-2013, 05:53 PM
Yes folks those are the prices without the pennies showing - the unit is $3900.00 !!!!!

available at a slight discount ... http://www.hendrickmoparparts.com/OEMParts/dodge-120/5/5PE21MXHAA.html

Sort of makes you wonder WHO is making all the money on this thing and why, at that price, does the XM radio not work?

YIKES!!!

One of the members showed the back of their XM unit, and it has a XM ID number on the sticker. Probably has to do with licensing too. And fees paid to include the XM.

Wolfepaw
09-16-2013, 10:56 PM

So for $300 Fiat can right a wrong done to many of us. All they have to do is replace my $3600 unit with the $3900 unit, problem solved. Since they won't even discuss it with me..... I'll keep holding my breath that will ever occur lol!

Andree
09-17-2013, 12:36 AM
So for $300 Fiat can right a wrong done to many of us. All they have to do is replace my $3600 unit with the $3900 unit, problem solved. Since they won't even discuss it with me..... I'll keep holding my breath that will ever occur lol!

No, they can't. The unit you have is now used. Unless they have some sort of credit or reselling of used/refurbished products, they'd be replacing a used unit with a new one.

Since your vehicle is titled, it's used, as are the components inside.

I suppose you could try to trade in your current vehicle on the vehicle that has all the things you want on it, but it won't be a straight across trade either, nor will the difference be 300.

Remember that your dealer was just as confused as you were, and thought all the cars came with the Sirius. They probably don't want to talk to you, because they're mad as heck at Fiat too. And maybe Fiat isn't talking to them. LOL!

BillyBob
09-17-2013, 09:47 AM
In checking local studios' inventories for current sxm denotes in the entertainment sections. They have corrected everything I could examine . But, now, they are showing single disc cd players on all models. I was told cd equipped radios were not available. Anyone have any info on this? I hope this is another error as I want to have no other concerns about Fiat short changing its new customers.

Andree
09-17-2013, 11:30 AM
In checking local studios' inventories for current sxm denotes in the entertainment sections. They have corrected everything I could examine . But, now, they are showing single disc cd players on all models. I was told cd equipped radios were not available. Anyone have any info on this? I hope this is another error as I want to have no other concerns about Fiat short changing its new customers.

A link would help. What dealer(s)?

The single CD is on the smaller unit, currently found in the Pop.

The free Premier Package was for a limited time, not sure if that's ending now.

Indie500L
09-17-2013, 01:57 PM
We got the Premier Package ... yeah no xm on the window sticker

Andree-you saying there was a XM ID number on the sticker on the back? Could that be the activation number?

Andree
09-17-2013, 06:48 PM
We got the Premier Package ... yeah no xm on the window sticker

Andree-you saying there was a XM ID number on the sticker on the back? Could that be the activation number?

There's a sticker on the back with Sirius ID number IF you have Sirius.

Check the back of your unit if you want.

Here are the pictures of the back of the unit WITH Sirius:
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?11536-UCconnect-6-5-RA3-pictures

You can see it's not just an add-on sticker with a number, it's part of the whole product sticker.

Indie500L
09-17-2013, 09:32 PM
Guess I will be breaking out the inspection camera tomorrow and snaking a look in the back of the head unit for some numbers.

Hey MaxPower I think I just remembered where you got your image from - Homer's Brother? DOH!

MaxPower
09-18-2013, 08:48 AM

My local studio is still showing SiriusXM being included with the Premier package even though it does not have the BeatsAudio option. Below is a URL. Look under Entertainment Features and you will see AM/FM radio: SiriusXM

http://www.fiatusaofcary.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-Raleigh-1ba100860a0a0002018f48a1b21336b6.htm

Andree
09-18-2013, 09:08 AM
My local studio is still showing SiriusXM being included with the Premier package even though it does not have the BeatsAudio option. Below is a URL. Look under Entertainment Features and you will see AM/FM radio: SiriusXM

http://www.fiatusaofcary.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-Raleigh-1ba100860a0a0002018f48a1b21336b6.htm

Egads. Have you pointed this out to them?

Notice they have TWO disclaimers about accuracy. It's like they aren't even trying.

MaxPower
09-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Egads. Have you pointed this out to them?

Notice they have TWO disclaimers about accuracy. It's like they aren't even trying.

I have pointed this out to them and directly to Fiat/Chrysler customer service rep.

The problem isnt just with this studio. Every studio's website I have gone to has the same issue. It looks like most (all?) show SiriusXM being included with any 500L that has the Premier Packager even if it doesn't have the BeatsAudio. See below:

http://www.fiatusaofalexandria.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-16d65f840a0a00650113fc3778c726c0.htm
http://www.fiatusaoffredericksburg.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-87df79990a0a006400ee887486550be3.htm
http://www.fiatusafayetteville.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-1c27c54c0a0a006400ee88741cc69b2c.htm
http://www.fiatusaofwilmington.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-c5abda190a0a000201b41650b8fd51ae.htm
http://www.fiatusaofmanhattan.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-303a7e580a0a0064004cbcaf2896e93e.htm
http://www.fiatusaoflosangeles.com/new/FIAT/2014-FIAT-500L-fc9f64da0a0a0002018f48a170814b5d.htm

Indie500L
09-18-2013, 11:19 AM
And we signed paperwork to the effect that it came with XM for a year so . . . where is it?

MaxPower
09-18-2013, 11:35 AM

So, the above uConnect 6.5 radio parts are no longer listed on the Mopar site. They only list the 5ND54MXHAA. Very odd.

Do you think they removed the above because of this thread?

Andree
09-18-2013, 08:56 PM
So, the above uConnect 6.5 radio parts are no longer listed on the Mopar site. They only list the 5ND54MXHAA. Very odd.

Do you think they removed the above because of this thread?

Hmmm. Maybe, maybe they're reworking the site or something, adding in the L parts and organizing it. It really needs to be organized, too many items have inadequate descriptions or no pics.

Navigating the Mopar site isn't pleasant. I've learned to bookmark or post about things I've found there, because if I don't, I may never find my way back to that specific item again. LOL

MaxPower
09-19-2013, 11:36 AM
So I know that I have already posted regarding this issue and many others have as well. There have been lots of conflicting information regarding it, including information I have posted in the past. I wanted to post a complete update reply to this thread outlining the issue and the latest information I have found regarding it. My hope is that if enough of us who are affected are able to speak up and defend ourselves then hopefully Fiat will make things right.

Issue:
The Uconnect 6.5 RA3 Touchscreen Radio shows SiriusXM (SXM) as being an included feature on the screen. The SiriusXM Settings screen shows UNKNOWN as the SiriusXM ID and indicates that the service can be enabled by calling (866) 635-2349. When the customer calls that number, which is SXM, they are told their radio does not have SXM. When contacting Fiat, they confirmed that the radio does not include SXM and they should contact their dealer if they have any issues.

There appear to be two different models for the UConnect 6.5 RA3 (although I could not find any manuals or literature form Fiat or Uconnect stating this). The model without SXM is installed in cars with just the Premier Package and models with SXM are installed in cars that include the "Plus Beats Audio / SiriusXM" package. There only seems to be one model of antenna installed on the 500Ls so it does not appear that anything else is needed for SXM other than a radio that includes it. Whether the difference in models is just software or is hardware is unknown, but my guess is that their SXM specific hardware as well.
Part # 5NE29MXHAA is the UConnect 6.5 RA3 without SXM
Part # 5PE21MXHAA is the UConnect 6.5 RA3 with SXM

Vehicles affected:
Fiat 500L's built on or before July 09, 2013 (See Fiat 500L Technical Service Bulletin - Satellite Radio Button Doesn't Work) that included Premier Package but did not include the "Plus Beats Audio / SiriusXM"

Evidence implying that SiriusXM was included with all UConnect 6.5 RA3 radios and not just the one sold under the "Plus Beats Audio / SiriusXM" package:

UConnect 6.5 RA3 Radio
When the radio is turned on it shows AM, FM and SXM under the RADIO button as being available features. Under the SETTINGS their is a section for SXM that implys SXM is included and that it can be activated by calling the displayed phone number. Fiat has recently released a Fiat 500L Technical Service Bulletin - Satellite Radio Button Doesn't Work that instructs dealers to update the radio to 13.27.0 software level to remove Satellite soft key the Soft Touch SAT Button on radios that do not have SAT.

Vehicle Sticker
The vehicle sticker shows "Premier Package: Includes Radio with GPS Navigation System, RearView Back-up Camera, and ParkSense Rear Park Assist. Compliments of Fiat". Now it does not specifically mention SXM, but it does just say "Radio". It does not qualify this as AM/FM radio, but just states radio. Does "Radio" on the sticker imply AM,FM and SXM? Yes. Below is why.

Fiat 500L 2014 User Guide
The User Guide included with the car defines what "Radio" means. When you look at what is included with "Radio" on the Uconnect 6.5 RA3 you clearly see it is AM, FM and SXM.
Looking under the ELECTRONICS - IDENTIFYING YOUR RADIO section of the guide it only shows two different models of radio. They only show one version of the uConnect 6.5 RA3 radio that is the one installed in my vehicle. They do NOT mention that there are two versions of the uConnect 6.5 RA3 and that one does not include SXM. I could not find anywhere in the manual that states that there are two models of the Uconnect 6.5 RA3 radio and that only one includes SXM. Looking under the ELECTRONICS - Uconnect 6.5N section of the guide the photos and text show that the RADIO mode includes AM, FM and SXM. It also mentions the 12-month SXM trial subscription is included with the new vehicle purchase. I could not find anywhere that mentioned that SXM is optional with the Uconnect 6.5 radio.
The guide is included with car and can be downloaded at http://www.fiatusa.com/en/owners/manuals/index.html

Fiat 500L Brochure
Page 11 states "Take an even wider view with the available Uconnect 6.5 with a 6.5-inch ToUchscreen display. With it, the available SiriusXM® Satellite radio is accessible via voice command — along with AM/FM radio and the included GPS navigation with intuitive map graphics. ". I did not find anywhere that stated this was optional or only included with the Beats Audio package. It simply indicates that is is included with the Uconnect 6.5. It also indicates at the bottom that the SXM subscription is included.
Download at https://www.fiatusa.com/pdf/Digital_Brochure_FIAT_500L_CP5.pdf

Fiat 500L Welcome Brochure
Page 8 only indicates two models of radios and I could find anything mentioning SXM as being optional on the Uconnect 6.5. Page 9 states that "If you have a Fiat 500L, you are ready to enjoy you Sirius All-Access Package". It also states that the 12-month trial subscription is included with the new vehicle.
Download at http://fiatwelcome.com/2013/FIAT_500L_eWelcome_FlipBook.pdf

SiriusXM Brochure included with owner's manual in the car
The included brochure states 1-Year Trial subscription being included.

Uconnect website (http://www.driveuconnect.com/system/fiat/)
Shows only two models of radios (RA3 and the RA2). The Uconnect 6.5/RA3 shows SiriusXM Radio as being included. It also states, "INTEGRATED MULTIMEDIA SYSTEM with a vivid 6.5-inch touchscreen, Integrated Voice Command with Bluetooth® and SiriusXM® Premier." The footnote only states that the 12-month trial subscription is included with vehicle purchase.

Fiat Dealer New Inventory webpages
The webpage listing my car specifically stated under the ENTERTAINMENT FEATURES listing that my car included "AM/FM radio: SiriusXM". In fact every dealer's new inventory webpage that I went to showed similar 500Ls which only had the Premier Package and not the Beats Audio package as having "AM/FM radio: SiriusXM" under the ENTERTAINMENT FEATURES section of available features. Links to examples of this are posted in an earlier thread.

The Fiat Dealer
My dealer specifically told me that SiriusXM was included with my car and even scheduled an appointment with the service department for me to bring it back so that they could activate if for me. It wasn't until I brought it back that they even discovered the issue. The dealers were not well educated on which Uconnect 6.5 RA3 radios include SXM and which do not. I know some will say that since I signed a piece of paper saying nothing else was owed to me that there is nothing that can be done. I disagree with this since I did not believe anything was owed to me when I signed it because the sticker on my car stated it included the Uconnect 6.5 RA3 Radio and the dealer told me I had SXM, the radio itself indicated I had it and all of the information I read indicated I had it included.

What is a resolution for this issue?

In my opinion, Fiat should replace the model 5NE29MXHAA UConnect 6.5 RA3 without SXM radio with the model 5PE21MXHAA UConnect 6.5 RA3 with SXM radio and include the 1 year Sirius All Access trial subscription for a customer who purchased a Fiat 500L built on or before July 09, 2013 and was led to believe that SXM was included.

What can you do if you are affected by this issue?:

1. Contact your dealer
I have spent over two months working with my dealer. They have been very apologetic and have stated they want to make things right but have yet to resolve the issue to my satisfaction. They did offer to install an aftermarket SXM radio and pay for 1 year subscription but I declined since it was not integrated into the Uconnect, required an external tuner to be mounted on my dash, would use the FM antennas input with less than ideal sound and would require additional antennas to be mounted on the roof of my car. I have since asked them to replace my unit with the 5PE21MXHAA but they have not responded back regarding this.

2. Contact Fiat
I tried several times and was basically told SXM is not included with my vehicle and if I have any issues I have to contact my dealer. I am very disappointed in Fiat/Chrysler's cavalier attitude in dismissing the issue.

3. File a complaint against your dealer with the Better Business Bureau (https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started)
Usually dealers will work hard to resolve the issue when a complaint is made, especially if they are a BBB Accredited Business. The BBB will help mediate the issue to some extent.

4. Contact the consumer reporters at your local TV news stations. Most TV news departments have a consumer reporter that will help solve these kinds of issues if they can do an on screen report on it. Go to your TV station website and look for a contact form and send in the details of your issue and see if they might be willing to do a report. I had one of the local stations in my area contact me that they are interested in my issue.

5. File a claim in Small Claims Court - search for legal aid in your state to find out how. The process is pretty simple

6. Contact a law firm that specializes in consumer Class Action Suits and see if they would be interested in taking up such a case. (http://www.jacobymeyers.com/questions-about-class-action-l.html)

BillyBob
10-21-2013, 08:25 AM
I was just notified that my sirius radio was about to be shipped to the dealer around 10-21. They will notify me and this, along with 1 year service, is free. Not sure as to what to expect. I will report later as to what I am getting. PS: is any one experiencing the radio changing stations on it's own when you restart the engine? just wondering.

MaxPower
10-23-2013, 05:23 PM
It took about a month, but my issue with my 500L missing SiriusXM has been resolved. A representative from Chrysler/Fiat reached out to me directly and worked with the dealer to come up with a resolution that I was satisfied with. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to find Chrysler/Fiat and the dealer to be both very focused on customer satisfaction and in the end made things right. If anyone else has a similar situation to mine above, then I would recommend to continue to patiently work with your dealer and to reach out to Chrysler/Fiat to find a resolution that you are happy with.

CMcG
11-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Well, did they finally put the new radio in? Did you agree to not post anymore? Do I have to start a new thread to get my SXM? and what about Naomi?
Seriously though, I would love to have SXM in my L and I meet the same criteria as yours and feel Fiat should make a blanket repair of this issue, not just grease the squeaky wheels. My dealer will be receiving a call shortly.

BillyBob
12-03-2013, 11:24 PM
My claim has been resolved with an after market Sirius radio. maybe not as I wanted but satisfactory. Fiat of Melbourne( Florida) is commended for their awesome courtesy in handleling this to conclusion.

Dufferin1557
12-15-2013, 09:31 AM
Has anyone had a problem with no voice on the uconnect nav I cannot get get voice to work on my 500L

Andree
12-15-2013, 01:05 PM
Has anyone had a problem with no voice on the uconnect nav I cannot get get voice to work on my 500L

Welcome Dufferin1557! You might want to start a new thread for your question, maybe one of the 500L owners can walk you through setting it up?

Tweak
12-15-2013, 08:16 PM

Welcome to the forum, as Andree suggested you're likely to get a lot more reply from creating a new thread about your issue. To offer a bit of help though I don't recall reading of the problem but it may have been mentioned.

FiatCACares
12-17-2013, 01:16 PM

Dufferin1557,

Just the navigation is not working? Have you discussed this with your selling Studio? If you would like assistance in reviewing your concern, please feel free to PM me, if you are located in Canada or my US counterpart Jonathan, FiatCares, if you are located in the US.