PDA

View Full Version : Download 500e Manual

Andree
07-24-2013, 12:24 PM
While some of you folks out there are waiting for your new car to arrive at the Studio, you can download the manual ahead of time and start reading about the goodies.

http://www.fiatusa.com/en/owners/manuals/index.html

Choose 2013, and then 500e. That's it. It has all the manuals at that link.

There are some things I would think would be very important to know, like this:

Normal Starting
Turn the key to the START position while your vehicle is in PARK. When the ignition key is turned to the START position, the “READY” indicator in the EVIC will illumi- nate to indicate the 500e’s Electric Drive System has started. When the “READY” indicator is illuminated your 500e is ready to be driven.

It has to tell you it's ready, because there is no sound.

And here's something cool:

Auto Park
The Auto Park features automatically places the trans- mission into PARK if there is any indication that the driver may leave the vehicle while the transmission is in D (DRIVE), N (NEUTRAL) or R (REVERSE).

...Mode of operation with Key ON:
Auto Park will be engaged when the transmission is in DRIVE, NEUTRAL or REVERSE and the following con- ditions are detected:
• Seat Belt is unlatched • Brake pedal is released • Driver’s door is ajar

No worries about your car driving through the living room just as you exit the car as you forgot to put it into park. It will take care of that itself.

tpoltron
07-24-2013, 01:00 PM
While looking for the Fiat Access app (which is still suffering server errors), I stumbled upon the My Fiat app - it contains the manual in a handy app form.

Andree
07-24-2013, 09:19 PM
While looking for the Fiat Access app (which is still suffering server errors), I stumbled upon the My Fiat app - it contains the manual in a handy app form.

And here's a link to the Fiat app page:
http://www.fiatusa.com/en/mobile_apps/

I don't have anything that would use those apps, so I don't go looking for them or even know about them. I live in a cave. heh

Thanks Trent for mentioning it. Now non-cave dwellers can find them too!