PDA

View Full Version : Spring installer in San Diego?

GQRob
07-23-2013, 10:15 PM
I am looking for a reasonably priced shop or person to install H&R springs on my Abarth. Any suggestions?

Tweak
07-23-2013, 10:19 PM
East coaster so I have no clue on suggestions but welcome to the forum and good luck getting things done "reasonably".

GQRob
07-23-2013, 10:23 PM
Thanks. I used to be an East Coaster (Maryland) too.

djhace
07-23-2013, 10:35 PM
hey rob, have you checked what the fiat dealer in kearny mesa charge?
where in S.D are you? i am in North Park.

GQRob
07-23-2013, 10:48 PM
Haven't asked KM Fiat yet. I live in Mission Valley.

djhace
07-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Haven't asked KM Fiat yet. I live in Mission Valley.

nice. i usually tear up the streets around there. hah. if see a white abarth, white wheels and red strips. that's most likely me.

djhace
07-24-2013, 02:14 AM
suspension plus in point loma or mira mesa.

n00dle
07-24-2013, 03:05 AM
not sure if these guys are reasonable, but they're in San Diego and may be worth checking. they actually have an Abarth and making parts for it.

http://www.hgmotorsports.com/index.php/homepage

http://youtu.be/ti6WjrraP5M

shagghie
07-24-2013, 11:54 AM
+1 for Suspension Plus. Up until last week I would have suggested Preston's in La Mesa, but after watching the Suspenion Plus guys put the car up on a lift, the first thing they notices were the upper bolts on both sides of my shocks (the camber bolt location) were completely loose, so much so that one of the nuts was about to fall off, which was the work that Preston's did only 2.5 weeks prior!
Suspension plus also does the car that ends up winning nearly every single Auto-X at Qualcomm... they know how to set a car up. Heck, the manager at the shop in Pt. Loma drives a 700hp N.A. mustang that weighs 2300lbs... so they also know about getting the power down. ha!

I'll never go back to Preston's again, even though they have been great to work with personality wise, I can't afford to have my suspension break while I'm out on the course with other worker's lives only 40 ft away...

shagghie
07-24-2013, 05:12 PM
OK, it's official, took my car again today to Suspension Plus in Pt. Loma, and they didn't charge me anything for backing of my camber a little bit from where I asked them to put it. They got it dialed in perfectly now at -1.6 deg L and R, just like I asked. Didn't charge me a dime. No guilt, all smiles, and very knowledgeable in general when it comes to suspensions. +1!!!