PDA

View Full Version : Koni, koni, koni

Gigante
07-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Hello everyone, I just want to share that I have now installed my KONI rear adjustable shocks from EuroCompulsion. The install was straight forward and I adjusted the shocks with two 1/2 turns. I drove to NY for the FFO and put over 700 miles on the car with the new rear shocks.

Some of you may know that anytime a forum member asked what springs to buy I always chimed in to say, if itís your daily driver buy the H&Rís as in my experience the H&R's provided a more comfortable ride over the Sportline. The other reason (like Haring commented, the ProKit sits too even and on some installs the rear appears to sag) I prefer the look (rake) on the H&R's compared to the ProKit. The Abarth with Sportlineís has a great stance but was bouncy and very annoying at times on uneven roads.

I am very happy to report that the Abarth now rides better than our 500c. The KONI rear shocks made a huge improvement on the ride comfort and the handling is improved over uneven roads as well as the tramline from the ruts in the road. If you have an Abarth with plans on lowering it with springs I would highly recommend adding the KONI rear shocks to your equation. The difference you feel in the ride is instant. Itís great to now have the look I want with the comfort I was seeking.

A big thank you to Chris (EuroCompulsion.com) for assisting me with the setup and if anyone has questions please let me know.

Thank you for your time:D

musicsurf
07-23-2013, 07:16 PM
I agree 100% with using the Koni shocks. At 3 half turns they take every bit of bounce out of the sportline springs too.

Ryephile
07-23-2013, 10:48 PM
I agree, the Koni Yellow's in back make a massive improvement in both ride quality and transitional competence.