PDA

View Full Version : T Lenses...

Onyx13Abarth
07-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Been going back and forth with this for a while...I keep threatening to take the lights off my buddy's 500T when he isnt looking.
Saw a Nero T in a local dealer lot a few weeks ago (attached). Procrastinated a bit longer.
Was talking to someone at the FO with a black abarth and T lenses...yup, it's time...

Bellissimo
07-22-2013, 04:53 PM
As a Nero Abarth owner who has made the switch - I completely agree! I LOVE how it looks with the T light set installed - extremely worthwhile upgrade.

Cheers,
Kev

Jono
07-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Any tips on getting them cheap, I would like to do this but if u include the DRLs its way over $1400!

Bellissimo
07-22-2013, 05:15 PM
I purchased them from MoparOnlineParts - far cheaper through them and they are OEM light sets.

Onyx13Abarth
07-22-2013, 05:39 PM
As a Nero Abarth owner who has made the switch - I completely agree! I LOVE how it looks with the T light set installed - extremely worthwhile upgrade.

Cheers,
Kev
Excellent - looking fwd to it!
Can you post up a picture or two :) ?

I am going thru MoparOnlineParts

Corrnaus
07-22-2013, 06:13 PM
I have done the upgrade on my bianco and LOVE IT. I see pictures from before with the chrome and so glad I have did the sway.. If you are interested I have a black right turbo DRL for sale (will be posting an ad soon) if you are interested. Brand new and never been on a car. Pm me for the story

Jjm4life
07-22-2013, 10:26 PM
Bianco owner with 500t lights as well. Looks so much better

NGEN
07-22-2013, 11:10 PM
I sell the Sport Turbo lights as well.

shagghie
07-23-2013, 12:35 AM
I sell the Sport Turbo lights as well.
I went through NGEN for my 500T lights, and even better, they let you trade in your chrome lights, saving you a ton of hassle. Great to deal with, too... be sure to check out their other custom color painted light assemblies too...I almost went with red painted units!

enginethatcould
07-23-2013, 01:19 AM
It's about ~$550 all said and done with core trade-ins from NGenFiat?

mr_robs
07-23-2013, 07:26 AM
I got a coupon from my dealer for 15% off mopar parts and accessories but im assuming moparpartsonline is a separate entity and it doesnt apply there.

If the OEM turbo lights are under $600 with your core lights sent in to NGen, im definitely going to do that.

Haring
07-23-2013, 08:42 AM
For the front, has anyone tried the Turbo DRLs but left the headlights the chrome ones? I'm thinking the black DRLs would match the bottom black grills but I can't sell myself to pick up the black headlights.

doadea
07-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Here are some pics of my Nero Abarth with full 500T lights set.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f195/doadea/IMG_20130630_184642_zps39ccdd57.jpg (http://s47.photobucket.com/user/doadea/media/IMG_20130630_184642_zps39ccdd57.jpg.html)

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f195/doadea/IMG_20130221_165027_zps60286485.jpg (http://s47.photobucket.com/user/doadea/media/IMG_20130221_165027_zps60286485.jpg.html)

Corrnaus
07-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Bianco with Turbo lenses. Soon blacking out all the chrome

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag145/Corrnaus/IMG_0304_zpsfb65da21.jpg (http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/Corrnaus/media/IMG_0304_zpsfb65da21.jpg.html)

mneuman916
07-24-2013, 10:12 PM
I dunno Andy.... Bianco with full turbos and black hood stripes could look pretty sweet!

melanzane
07-25-2013, 12:46 AM
Someone please explain to me why they think the Turbo headlights look good on a Bianco. I understand the other 3 colors - as the darker lights blend with the body colors. But with Bianco, the blacked out lights become way overemphasized given the small volume of sheet metal on the front of this car. Instead of becoming accents, like say a blacked out door handle or side marker might, the blacked out headlights are like giant ink blots on a small white piece of paper.

Awesome on Nero, Grigio and Rosso - Bianco not so much.

Onyx13Abarth
07-25-2013, 07:03 AM
Someone please explain to me why they think the Turbo headlights look good on a Bianco. I understand the other 3 colors - as the darker lights blend with the body colors. But with Bianco, the blacked out lights become way overemphasized given the small volume of sheet metal on the front of this car. Instead of becoming accents, like say a blacked out door handle or side marker might, the blacked out headlights are like giant ink blots on a small white piece of paper.

Awesome on Nero, Grigio and Rosso - Bianco not so much.

Personal preference..? On the flip side, I like the black light set on the white a lot...

Haring
07-25-2013, 08:03 AM
I dunno Andy.... Bianco with full turbos and black hood stripes could look pretty sweet!

I'm still on the fence about the front. The rears were an easier choice to change but there's so little black on them back there since there's more read. The fronts they look all black. I kinda wish there was a little more chrome details in there.

http://andegraphics.com/pics/albums/userpics/10001/minime2~0.jpg

Onyx13Abarth
07-30-2013, 09:33 AM
Got the tails in last night - I will get the fronts in over the next few days....

Onyx13Abarth
07-30-2013, 09:35 AM
more....

nojeebs
07-30-2013, 09:53 AM
I'm on the fence with doing this. Coming from a import car background I've always loved dark housing headlights. Think older Hondas like the civic and integra type r. Ahhh the simple days. >___<

Jjm4life
07-30-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm on the fence with doing this. Coming from a import car background I've always loved dark housing headlights. Think older Hondas like the civic and integra type r. Ahhh the simple days. >___<

would look great on a gray car.

Onyx13Abarth
07-30-2013, 10:13 AM

I hear ya on that. I have typically maintained a stock look, and any modifications were behind the scenes.
This is my first time changing housings. Problem was I saw the 500T at the dealer, then my buddy got a grigio T...
Had to.... :)

Integra Type R's were sweet... I had a GSR...those motors loved to revvvvvv....

500ways
07-30-2013, 10:40 AM
I hear ya on that. I have typically maintained a stock look, and any modifications were behind the scenes.
This is my first time changing housings. Problem was I saw the 500T at the dealer, then my buddy got a grigio T...
Had to.... :)

Integra Type R's were sweet... I had a GSR...those motors loved to revvvvvv....

This brings back some great memories! I had a 1991 Integra RS, a 1999 Integra GSR and a 2002 RSX Type S. The BEST of the 3 that I enjoyed the most was the 1991 Integra (second generation)! It was white with blue interior. Absolutely loved that car. I purchased it new and drove it to 162,000 miles with no problems whatsoever. Sold it to a college kid.

The GSR and Type S were both faster and loaded (nevermind mods). However, if I could have anyone of them back, it would be the 91 with its 140 hp high revving and happy engine.

They were all manuals btw!

Onyx13Abarth
07-30-2013, 01:37 PM
This brings back some great memories! I had a 1991 Integra RS, a 1999 Integra GSR and a 2002 RSX Type S. The BEST of the 3 that I enjoyed the most was the 1991 Integra (second generation)! It was white with blue interior. Absolutely loved that car. I purchased it new and drove it to 162,000 miles with no problems whatsoever. Sold it to a college kid.

The GSR and Type S were both faster and loaded (nevermind mods). However, if I could have anyone of them back, it would be the 91 with its 140 hp high revving and happy engine.

They were all manuals btw!

Girlfriend at the time had a white on blue 90-91 RS 5 speed...great car.
I test drove an RSX a few years ago...liked it a lot.
My GSR was a great overall driver (that car was all stock)
Nephew had an S2000 - rev-happy car!

Honda gearboxes are so buttery-smooth...

nojeebs
07-30-2013, 07:27 PM
That's the one thing I truely miss....Honda gear boxes/shift feel. Short shifters on that were extremely short and crisp. Man I'm getting all misty eyed thinking about the Honda days.

500ways
07-30-2013, 08:10 PM
That's the one thing I truely miss....Honda gear boxes/shift feel. Short shifters on that were extremely short and crisp. Man I'm getting all misty eyed thinking about the Honda days.

Yep!!!!!!

Onyx13Abarth
07-31-2013, 10:32 AM

Most definitely....
Had this car for about 7 years...very reliable, cheap to maintain, fun to drive, great on gas...
21k new...
http://www.sdkgarage.com/carpix/assorted/integra/integra6x4.jpg

500ways
07-31-2013, 10:37 AM
Most definitely....
Had this car for about 7 years...very reliable, cheap to maintain, fun to drive, great on gas...
21k new...
http://www.sdkgarage.com/carpix/assorted/integra/integra6x4.jpg

Honda/Acura lost their way. They have become boring clones. IMO, they used to be the most "Euro" of the Japanese manufacturers.

Onyx13Abarth
07-31-2013, 10:58 AM
Fronts installed last night....Big thanks going out to Divs and Chris of Eurocompulsion. You guys are awesome
Huge fan of the end result...a bit more subtle on a black car.

Very sexy.....

Onyx13Abarth
07-31-2013, 11:03 AM
Honda/Acura lost their way. They have become boring clones. IMO, they used to be the most "Euro" of the Japanese manufacturers.

They really did - I could not even name an acura product right now. Accords are great cars, but dull....
I really liked the NSX. Could have used more hp, but was probably the first supercar you could use every day.

500ways
07-31-2013, 11:59 AM
Fronts installed last night....Big thanks going out to Divs and Chris of Eurocompulsion. You guys are awesome

Very sexy.....

I agree that they are subtle, sexy and work BEST on black and the other dark colors - just beautiful!!!

In looking at the second picture with the white Ab in the background with the stock heads: IMO, the stock headlight set-up on white works best and is the equivalent to the T heads on black. They look natural and clean.

The black bezel tails work on all the colors. You retain the red (the inside of the taillight is not painted black), there is a bit of chrome inside the T tails and the black bezel is reminiscent of the black rubber gaskets on the tails of the original 500s of the 50s/60s that also had chrome trimmed heads.

If you are decking out the Ab or the T in some type of race livery, the black heads do a great job - they make the car more "menacing"! But in standard everyday driving, I prefer the stock set-up on white or the other light colors.

disclaimer: Just my 2 cents. Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors for a reason. March to the beat of your own drum and be happy!

Onyx13Abarth
07-31-2013, 12:50 PM
I agree that they are subtle, sexy and work BEST on black and the other dark colors - just beautiful!!!

In looking at the second picture with the white Ab in the background with the stock heads: IMO, the stock headlight set-up on white works best and is the equivalent to the T heads on black. They look natural and clean.

The black bezel tails work on all the colors. You retain the red (the inside of the taillight is not painted black), there is a bit of chrome inside the T tails and the black bezel is reminiscent of the black rubber gaskets on the tails of the original 500s of the 50s/60s that also had chrome trimmed heads.

If you are decking out the Ab or the T in some type of race livery, the black heads do a great job - they make the car more "menacing"! But in standard everyday driving, I prefer the stock set-up on white or the other light colors.

disclaimer: Just my 2 cents. Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors for a reason. March to the beat of your own drum and be happy!

Thank you for the cool feedback...and I agree with the baskin robbins statement :)
That is what makes this hobby so cool...these cars are highly personalizable. Lots of different directions to go in..

Makes sense with the white/stock...carries the brightness throughout.
For a day I was running the black tails and chrome fronts...was a cool subtle difference

DIVSAbarth500
07-31-2013, 08:48 PM

Very sexy.....

The lights look amazing!! You made the right decision for sure. Sets the car off really well

I am very tempted to do them on mine now. Very easy to install too.

Oh, stop talking about Hondas!! One of my dream builds was always a stripped out EG Civic Hatch but once I had the money to do one the import scene was at its height and I didn't want to be associated with it anymore for obvious reasons (thanks The Fast and The Furious!!). Now you guys have me all nostalgic and thinking about it again lol.

Onyx13Abarth
08-01-2013, 04:43 AM
The lights look amazing!! You made the right decision for sure. Sets the car off really well

I am very tempted to do them on mine now. Very easy to install too.

Oh, stop talking about Hondas!! One of my dream builds was always a stripped out EG Civic Hatch but once I had the money to do one the import scene was at its height and I didn't want to be associated with it anymore for obvious reasons (thanks The Fast and The Furious!!). Now you guys have me all nostalgic and thinking about it again lol.

Thanks Divs!
Very happy I went ahead with this. Definitely worth it after seeing the results!
Do it!!

Haha - FnF :cower: ...Those hatchs are cool. I would love to find an unmolested integra type r...

DIVSAbarth500
08-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Thanks Divs!
Very happy I went ahead with this. Definitely worth it after seeing the results!
Do it!!

Haha - FnF :cower: ...Those hatchs are cool. I would love to find an unmolested integra type r...

There are still a few Type-Rs around that haven't been thrashed or heavily modded. Very few though. Definitely something to snatch up if you find one.

500ways
08-02-2013, 10:26 AM
There are still a few Type-Rs around that haven't been thrashed or heavily modded. Very few though. Definitely something to snatch up if you find one.

Agreed!! I go back to my earlier post that refers to how sad it is that Honda lost it's way. I know, get over it!

Haring
08-02-2013, 10:32 AM
I missed out on those days of Honda. I had my 83 Civic 1500S and there wasn't anything for those cars. Then jumped into the world of german cars starting with BMW then VWs. It's nice to see now that the 84-87s are starting to get some respect now. Still think the 83 was the better year.

Onyx13Abarth
08-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Adams Buttery Wax on the abarth....

Honda/Acura did have some nice stuff..was just paging thru the new car and driver new car issue. Acura is making nothing I want...hasnt for years.
I see a few integras around here that are beat to crap, and the occasional integra R 'tribute' car that is even worse. Would be an awesome find to get a clean original type R

I also really wanted a crx si - wanted an black 85 badly. I remember the 83 1500 - they were everywhere!
Cant go wrong with BMW or VW... Rabbit GTi is another favorite

FTY
08-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Adams Buttery Wax on the abarth....

Honda/Acura did have some nice stuff..was just paging thru the new car and driver new car issue. Acura is making nothing I want...hasnt for years.
I see a few integras around here that are beat to crap, and the occasional integra R 'tribute' car that is even worse. Would be an awesome find to get a clean original type R

I also really wanted a crx si - wanted an black 85 badly. I remember the 83 1500 - they were everywhere!
Cant go wrong with BMW or VW... Rabbit GTi is another favorite

Car looks fantastic....black with the black T lights look incredible. Wanna come over and wax mine its on daily driver duty again...F#$@$#% VOLVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Valve train inspection and intake manifold removal Monday.

Onyx13Abarth
08-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Car looks fantastic....black with the black T lights look incredible. Wanna come over and wax mine its on daily driver duty again...F#$@$#% VOLVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Valve train inspection and intake manifold removal Monday.

Thank you!...The buttery wax was very easy to use...very happy with the results!

Stupid volvo...hopefully the inspection will lead to an inexpensive fix

or maybe something like this :naughty:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GFrPjMVhP04#at=417

DIVSAbarth500
08-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Speaking of Honda/Acura. Not a Type-R but an early GSR that looks to be in mint condition (http://bringatrailer.com/2013/07/29/46k-mile-1992-acura-integra-gs-r/). Thanks BaT

Onyx13Abarth
08-04-2013, 04:59 AM
Speaking of Honda/Acura. Not a Type-R but an early GSR that looks to be in mint condition (http://bringatrailer.com/2013/07/29/46k-mile-1992-acura-integra-gs-r/). Thanks BaT

Wow that is sweet...really nicely preserved. Aside from the small badge on the back and the redline, they looked like a regular integra.
Price and mileage are both low...