PDA

View Full Version : Car Boggs down o.O

DS Ocampo
07-22-2013, 01:00 PM
So after the auto body shop gave me back my car nothing has been right... The car gets to 6psi on stock gauge and stops when car is heated up.. After I let off the gas it jumps past 12...

This has only started since the shop flooded out the ECU and the car wouldn't start.. No codes.. I rechecked all the lines and only found one issue .. The line going from the EVAP canister from the T fitting coming from the vacuum line under it.. ( the forge BOV install) ... The line was sucked shut.. I unplugged it and you hear a thump..

I tried going over every line but nothing ...

So lines are good - check
Won't go past 6psi when warm- ????
After unplugging the EVAP lines a loud thump noise-??
No code lights- ????

DS Ocampo
07-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Oh BOV. Does a long slow hiss.. Not the normal woosh sound... More like wwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooosssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol ..

shagghie
07-22-2013, 01:07 PM
Wait what now?? Which line is sucked shut? The brake vacuum line that comes off the block (under the Evap Canister)? When you say sucked shut, you mean fully collapsed? (Is this the silicone hosing that Forge shipped with their BOV, or?). Is there water in your vacuum lines??

Dood clunks are never good. I wouldn't do that again. I would even get it towed to the dealership and go in heavy: "You guys better un*uck my car right now or else".

Defo sounds like something terribly wrong with your vacuum lines... maybe something got taken apart, and then put back together again. Re-check your forge lines....

So after the auto body shop gave me back my car nothing has been right... The car gets to 6psi on stock gauge and stops when car is heated up.. After I let off the gas it jumps past 12...

This has only started since the shop flooded out the ECU and the car wouldn't start.. No codes.. I rechecked all the lines and only found one issue .. The line going from the EVAP canister from the T fitting coming from the vacuum line under it.. ( the forge BOV install) ... The line was sucked shut.. I unplugged it and you hear a thump..

I tried going over every line but nothing ...

So lines are good - check
Won't go past 6psi when warm- ????
After unplugging the EVAP lines a loud thump noise-??
No code lights- ????

DS Ocampo
07-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Yea that one from under the EVAP.. It's not a washer line... It's the lines that were in the package .. If I disconnect that quick fitting from the silver connector, you can hear a thump.. Like a valve opening or closing .. I rechecked everything I could.. No boost at WOT. But after I left off it jumps up and a long hiss from the BOV...

I didn't see any water in the lines... The stupid body shop used a pressure washer and washed me engine out .. I don't know why.. It fried the ECU and car wouldn't start.. A day later it fired up but hasn't ran right since then ... I'm lost .. No codes just Boggs out at 6psi when car is warmed up

shagghie
07-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Yea that one from under the EVAP.. It's not a washer line... It's the lines that were in the package .. If I disconnect that quick fitting from the silver connector, you can hear a thump.. Like a valve opening or closing .. I rechecked everything I could.. No boost at WOT. But after I left off it jumps up and a long hiss from the BOV...

I didn't see any water in the lines... The stupid body shop used a pressure washer and washed me engine out .. I don't know why.. It fried the ECU and car wouldn't start.. A day later it fired up but hasn't ran right since then ... I'm lost .. No codes just Boggs out at 6psi when car is warmed up

Could be water in some of the connectors for the ECU, shorting out.. I mean your boost behavior sounds almost inverted! I dunno, I wouldn't even run it under you get it looked at, but I'm a chicken **** when it comes to an engine not behaving normally. Call the shop that drowned your ecu and tell them you are taking car to dealer and that you are going to hit the shop up with any directly-related repair costs. Ask the dealer/service shop to highlight in yellow everything on the invoice that they attribute to the water in the ECU. THis is just me thinking out loud on what I would do, but there may be a better way to handle things. Hopefully someone else with more awareness will step in to help!

DS Ocampo
07-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Yea.. Just took out the forge stuff and put stock on... Same thing... I agree it sounds like it's backwards .. Just weird ...

opiateESP
07-22-2013, 02:28 PM
That really sucks. I think I'd be losing it on the body shop at this point. What was it in the body shop for?

DS Ocampo
07-22-2013, 02:40 PM
The sun roof and paint repair

FTY
07-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Definitely sounds like a vacuum line issue, crimped line or obstructed line.

DS Ocampo
07-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Pulled it all out checked but still nothing... Driving me nuts .. Gonna pull out the MMBOX .. Check the waste gate.. I'm just lost...

dart1.4t
07-22-2013, 05:32 PM
do you have an android phone? i have an app called alfaobd that has some of the fiat diagnostics procedures and can test things like movement of the actuators and such.. i'll need to post the app becasue only my copy has been updated for the USA iso can 15765-4 protocol. i contacted the developer and have been giving him feedback and debugging files so he sent me a test version and it is working on my dart. you will need a bluetooth obd adapter like an elm 327 or obdkey (wifi also should work if you have root access but the setup is more complicated). i've been given permission to distribute it as it's a "demo" version and you can only use it for 15 minutes at a time. and because he wants more feedback... i may have to upload it to dropbox and post a link if you or anyone else is interested. ps it doesn't have the usa models so you may have to select a punto evo abarth or alfa guilietta to get access to the magnetti ecu.

DS Ocampo
07-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Bad MMBOX ... Got that one in a thousand :/

redred
07-22-2013, 08:12 PM
I know loads of people who are really happy with their MM box, but there are so many who have had issues with theirs that it makes me really nervous to try it out. Sucks that you are having an issue with yours. I am sure it will get replaced and you will be up and running soon enough.

DS Ocampo
07-22-2013, 09:33 PM
My first one was good ... Just that one in a million thing.. Already called madness and they are gonna get on it ASAP ... Gotta love their customer service :)...

musicsurf
07-22-2013, 10:58 PM
It's good to hear it is an easy fix and not something related to the body shop. It also means the car doesn't have to go back in and be off the road even more.

DS Ocampo
07-30-2013, 09:30 PM
Ok just got the box back but......

When I was driving around town the car started idling at 2k then making a weird woosh sound from left of the car o-O ... Then it went into limp mode....

Turn car off and wait a sec and it's fine , but comes back after awhile .... Anyone else get this

musicsurf
07-30-2013, 09:53 PM
It's a shot in the dark, but do you have your check valve by the charge pipe? Is it possible it the line is off one end of the valve? Just a thought since that is on the left side of the engine.

DS Ocampo
07-31-2013, 09:30 AM
Never had this before with the first ver of the chk valve mod... But decided to go back to stock and hasn't been the same..... Soooooo, I did the new ver of this and the car has been doing this... If it gets a good drive in it just goes crazy .. Holding boost only around 6-12ish .. Flutters high when u drop your foot off the gas..

The times it throws a code it flashes something about air or park brake assist/ hill start ??

musicsurf
07-31-2013, 12:12 PM
By new version you mean you rerouted the EVAP lines? When I first did mine I capped the leak at the charge pipe and the cap popped allowing boosted air to escape and causing a loud sound from the air blowing out. Maybe it was just a bad batch of the EPDM caps but to be safe I replaced with high temp/pressure silicone caps and made a sleeve from the end of a cap to keep the worm drive from biting into the cap. As far as all the crazy stuff going on with yours I have no idea. I really had no adverse effects other than the sound and the obvious loss of power from the huge boost leak that was created.

DS Ocampo
07-31-2013, 02:42 PM
So confused... Just tore it all down again.... Found a exhaust leak at the DP to the turbo... Fixing it... I capped off and rechecked all the lines with the MOD again to make sure... Seems nothing is wrong ... Bout ready to blow this thing up.. Put a 2zj in it and be fine

DS Ocampo
08-01-2013, 01:23 PM
One tear in the 90 bend tube going to the WGA... Would've never seen it if I didn't try to remove it... About 1/4 inch long and wide open in the bend ... Sucks ... Also noticed the actuator arm at the flange is rattling... Can that thing be tightened or fixed?? Can't see a bold or anything