PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with the stock pads?

mr_robs
07-22-2013, 05:21 AM
Has anyone else had nasty noises from the stock pads at any point?

Went on a spirited drive up some twisty roads tonight and when i got to the top of the mountain and rolled into a parking lot my brakes made an extremely loud screeching noise, from the drivers front IIRC. Its possible i just caught a stone in the brakes but im curious if anyone else has had a similar experience with the stock pads.

jguerdat
07-22-2013, 07:03 AM
Nope. Almost guarantee it's a stone or other small debris. Try backing up several times in case it just needs to be displaced and isn't actually trapped.

07-22-2013, 08:39 AM
Stock pads are shocking. Dust like crazy, rear rotors look like theyve done a lifetime and during winter my rears siezed on every cold morning - ebrake off, reverse out garage and CLUNK as they release. Ive full aftermarket rotors/pads on order as annoying rotational noise coming from thr rotors too...

shabba
07-22-2013, 12:48 PM
The stockers are almost shot on my car. They began making the high pitch squeal that indicates the pads are worn and sure enough, the front are almost worn down. 20k miles...I'm not sure if that's normal, but I've hardly been hard on them.

pk9394
07-23-2013, 09:25 AM
about 10k miles on stock pad, no squeal but lots of dust at the front as usual. but not as bad as bmw or benz

Saxonite
07-23-2013, 01:05 PM
I haven't heard any squeal from mine. Either you have a rock stuck in the caliper or your close to the end of your brakes.

Peachdad
08-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Has anyone else had nasty noises from the stock pads at any point?

Went on a spirited drive up some twisty roads tonight and when i got to the top of the mountain and rolled into a parking lot my brakes made an extremely loud screeching noise, from the drivers front IIRC. Its possible i just caught a stone in the brakes but im curious if anyone else has had a similar experience with the stock pads.

Yes. Try making one or two hard stops from highway speeds (safely).