PDA

View Full Version : Fiats in Alaska

Teds
07-21-2013, 04:56 PM
I am thinking about flying to the lower 48 and purchasing a Fiat 500 Sport to drive back up to Alaska, but I have concerns about my limited ability to access a Fiat dealer for any warranty work once I return north. There are no dealers here in Anchorage or anywhere in Alaska. I like the adventure of it all, but I would like to have some fall-back plan for warranty work. Any thoughts?

Kurumi
07-21-2013, 05:28 PM
As far as engine work (and only that as far as I know off the top of my head) any Dodge dealer can service it. You might want to ask FiatCare about any other warranty questions.

ex-saab-driver
07-21-2013, 05:30 PM
try sending a pm to FiatCares (http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/member.php?1368-FiatCares)
he's a Chrysler - Fiat rep that is very active on this site
he might be able to give you some help

Tweak
07-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Welcome to the forum.

As for your concerns these guys seem to have you pointed in the right direction, hope it works for you!

NGEN
07-31-2013, 04:31 PM
I think in general when you are XX miles away from the nearest Fiat Studio, you can default to a Chrysler dealership. Powertrain definitely shouldn't be an issue and anything else really shouldn't be difficult. I'm surprised this question hasn't come up before and/or there hasn't been a demand for Fiat in Alaska....

Mike S
07-31-2013, 06:59 PM
I think the Chrysler dealers that don't sell Fiats don't have any training or parts for the cars.

I'm sure they can get parts but would likely opt out of working on it. I'm not sure what would happen but it wouldn't be fast or easy. Make sure you have another car for a daily driver.

Andree
08-01-2013, 12:34 AM
I think the Chrysler dealers that don't sell Fiats don't have any training or parts for the cars.

I'm sure they can get parts but would likely opt out of working on it. I'm not sure what would happen but it wouldn't be fast or easy. Make sure you have another car for a daily driver.

Could always go with an Abarth, since the Dodge dealers have the Dart Aero, with the 1.4 turbocharged Abarth engine:
http://www.dodge.com/en/2013/dart/

"1.4L MultiAir® Turbo

160 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque
Segment-exclusive MultiAir® engine technology+.
Available with a six-speed manual or six-speed Dual Dry Clutch Transmission (DDCT).
Standard on Aero. Available on SXT, Rallye and Limited."

spd2918
08-03-2013, 10:07 AM
My local Dodge dealer will not do any warranty work on my 500c.