PDA

View Full Version : 3 inch downpipe to 2.5 mid pipe??

NORCAL SS
07-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Seeing if any vendors are working on a 3 inch downpipe set up mated to a 2.5 inch mid pipe and 2.5 all the way to the back of the car and can attach to oem axle back or aftermarket?? I think 3 inch all the way to the back would be way overkill for a car with as much power as we have.

dart1.4t
07-20-2013, 08:45 PM
i'd say that's a good idea with a really subtle reducer cone. some people like a big down pipe to difuse the turbulence then a smaller exhaust...
....then again the turbine exducer is only 36.5mm according to what i can find, or about 1-7/16" so how big does the down pipe have to be...

opiateESP
07-21-2013, 07:34 PM
ATP's is 3" in 2.5" out. I just emailed them about this three days ago.

deathshead
07-22-2013, 09:42 AM
Exhaust Depo is hopefully working with Tweak to prototype a downpipe-back exhaust.
Im willing to bet its going to kill the competition price wise as well,
Exhaust depo is loved in many circles!. they make great stuff. We shall see how it plays out.

Tweak
07-22-2013, 07:37 PM
Exhaust Depo is hopefully working with Tweak to prototype a downpipe-back exhaust.
Im willing to bet its going to kill the competition price wise as well,
Exhaust depo is loved in many circles!. they make great stuff. We shall see how it plays out.

I spoke with Ollie and I intend to call him this week to follow up, I will be taking the car to him sometime soon. He said he was going to do a little research first and I have a few things to handle the first of this week, maybe the end of this week or sometime next week he should have my car and get things started. ;)

Ryephile
07-22-2013, 10:24 PM
ATP's is 3" in 2.5" out. I just emailed them about this three days ago.

Perfect. Just needs a good kitty in there and it would be golden. Chop-saw and welder here I come. :)

shagghie
07-23-2013, 01:20 AM
Perfect. Just needs a good kitty in there and it would be golden. Chop-saw and welder here I come. :)

HG Motorsport's is done now too, fwiw Ryan... looks delish...

Ryephile
07-23-2013, 11:24 AM
HG Motorsport's is done now too, fwiw Ryan... looks delish...

Oh? They haven't updated their webstore or build thread in quite some time. You've been chatting with them?

shagghie
07-23-2013, 11:30 AM
Oh? They haven't updated their webstore or build thread in quite some time. You've been chatting with them?
Yes, via FB. I'll rope you in on the public side and then you can follow up on via email. They owe me an email back with answers to some questions, so waiting for that back before I post here, but it looks like the best design I've seen so far, at least visually in terms of flow. Dunno if it's been dyno'd etc.

Jjm4life
07-23-2013, 01:02 PM

I was wondering what happened with them

deathshead
07-24-2013, 09:03 AM
Anyone doing the downpipe, dont reuse the crappy stock v-band clamp, the bolt is tiny and stretches like like 3" when you tighten it, get the beefiest v-band clamp you can find.
also the stock gasket is tissue paper thin ditch that too for a nice think one.