PDA

View Full Version : 500L custom leather black over tan!!!

Andree
07-18-2013, 02:33 AM
I love McKevitt. That was my dealership. Today's love is for again putting up photos of the custom leather interior packages they can put together for you, check out this gorgeous black over tan 500L interior at the top of this page:
http://www.fiatusaofberkeley.com/mckevitt-fiat-custom-leather-packages.htm

They use Katzkin for one, as do some other dealerships. You can play around with the combinations of colors on the Katzkin site:
http://www.katzkin2.com/SeatSelector/SCSTOOL_09.html

They show a "generic seat" on Katzkin for illustrative purposes, but you can have them do exactly what you see in the pictures on Katzkin or the color over color at McKevitt (and in our 500s and 500Ls). Arrangements of the colors, that is.

Katzkin does show a BRIGHT yellow on their site, which I think would be cool with the black over yellow Trekking. Black "wrap" with the bright yellow "insert".

They have lots of colors, there's a few reds, dark greens, many gray and brown tones to mix and match or contrast. Several blues, several orange/yellow.

I don't know what the cost is for the 500L model. It used to be $1,500 for the regular model. So it's probably 2-2,500 for the larger L model. There are advantages for the leather, which is why I went with leather (factory).

First, it was easier for me to get in and out of the car, I could slide a bit on the seat surface without getting hung up on the fabric (as I did in my former car).

Second, it's infinitely easier to clean. In other words, I haven't cleaned mine yet. If there's dust or clothing lint, it blows off by itself or brushes off with a hand. It doesn't stick. While I haven't spilled any beverages yet, I did have a lady's dog vomit on the front seat. Wiped right off. No problem at all.

She was at the same vet as I was, and she didn't have a car. I know what it's like not to have a car. She was going to call a cab, and cabs are expensive. I insisted on driving her home. She was super apologetic about the dog barf, but it wasn't her fault, or the dog's fault. And these things do happen. Was glad to see the ease of cleaning for the leather seat.

Check it out, and if you do a custom interior, please post pics. I love pics.

NGEN
07-18-2013, 08:40 AM
Those are pretty nice upgrades for the interior and the price is fairly reasonable

luckymoi
07-18-2013, 04:54 PM
That's a great idea because the L fabrics are
B O R I N G.

( IMHO )

Andree
07-18-2013, 07:31 PM
That's a great idea because the L fabrics are
B O R I N G.

( IMHO )

I saw a similar remark in a review of the 500L. I like the Pop 500L interior in red and black. In a red car. It's wild.

One of the things that people fancy about the regular 500 is the two-tone interior seating. Which includes the dash in body color and black or ivory accents. The 500L Pop has the body color dash, which really adds a lot to the interior.

Maybe we're spoiled with all the colors, inside and out, and the gray/beige interior seems "plain" in comparison. It's restful.

While *I* might do something bright, it would probably freak out too many other people and wouldn't be a good choice to offer as coming standard on the 500L.

Like this:

NGEN
07-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Andree, that would actually look incredible! I like that color combo a lot.

Andree
07-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Andree, that would actually look incredible! I like that color combo a lot.

Thank you!

Disclaimer: People would have to check the colors IN PERSON though, because who knows what I'm seeing on MY monitor with MY monitor settings using an online configurator for seats (their colors may not be rendered accurately) and comparing to the Fiat pictures (and their color may not be correct either).

I ended up using the Suedezkin for the yellow as it appeared to be a closer match at my end (with all those disclaimers attached).

It's also going to be somewhat different as applied to the shape of the 500L seats.

Nevertheless, folks can try out all kinds of combinations and use their imagination. Would love to see the black/yellow interior for real on a yellow Trekking.