PDA

View Full Version : overall gas mileage

dougvickie
07-17-2013, 09:52 PM
This is my first post on this forum. we have owned our 2012 pop automatic for 8 months and have 22,000 miles so far. our overall mileage is around 35mpg on regular fuel with 10%ethanol. here in the Knoxville Tennessee area, midgrade is .20 more than regular and premium is .40 more than regular. I find that is barely 1 mpg increase with these fuels, but the car seems peppier. We recently completed a 4600 mile trip out west on I-40 to California, vegas and the grand canyon and averaged 38 mpg on regular gas/ethanol blend. this is driving 75-80mph out west. we love our fiat and the only real issues we have are the clock, the inaccurate speedo vs gps, and now the tire wear. it looks like we will be lucky to get 25,000 miles on the original firestone tires. my wife and are retired and travel a lot so most of miles are highway and we don't drive like racers. it still one of the best purchases for our retirement.

Fiat500USA
07-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Thanks for registering and welcome to the forum! Sounds like a fun drive across the country. Would love to do that one day! Some tires just wear fast. I had a set of Continentals and Pirellis on different cars that wore pretty quickly. When I need tires, I look at Tire Rack and read the reviews to get an idea of what tires have the charecteristics I am looking for.

Tweak
07-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Welcome to the forum.

You should come join us in October for the 2nd trip to the Dragon with other FIAT owners!

Details: http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?8402-Fiat-on-the-dragon-2013&highlight=dragon

You can skip towards the end if you like but the entire thread is interesting. :)

panther76
07-20-2013, 09:30 PM
sounds like an overall good first 8 months with some really minor issues. I wouldn't even count the inaccurate speedo since its an industry wide practice to have speedos read higher than actual speed by a few mphs.