PDA

View Full Version : Pricing for the 500L

CIAO RR
07-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Stopped by the local FIAT dealership here in NJ (FIAT of Maple Shade, NJ) to have my PRIMA EDIZIONE #239 serviced. Decided to look at the 500L. Mind you, I just returned from Italy and had a eye full up close and personal. Wanted to take a test drive, but didn't. WHY???? Looking at the sticker price and along side of it was another sticker adding an additional $2, 995.00 for market value. WTF! Kidding me??? How does FIAT allow them to up the price? Want to sell them? Work with a customer. You have a database of all your FIAT customers, have an event. But NOOOOOOOOOOO

I was so angry, when the salesperson came up to me, I didn't even want to discuss the car. So, I plan on doing more research on finding a dealership that will not stick it to me. And since I have family in Ohio, heck, I'll just give the local dealership next to Mom & Dad a call. Just curious if anyone else is seeing the same.

Thx,

RR

Kurumi
07-17-2013, 06:16 PM
The dealerships in my area are selling them at MSRP. I haven't been to one yet that is selling them below retail.

Felnus
07-17-2013, 07:13 PM
I have never understood the logic behind doing that. The 500L is not a limited edition vehicle. It makes no sense whatsoever to add $3000 to the sticker and take it completely out of the price range of a large number of buyers. Especially in light of the existence of the internet when you can find another dealer within easy driving distance that is not doing stupid things with the pricing.

Spancho
07-17-2013, 08:12 PM
We picked up the 500L Trekking last Saturday after MUCH research and price shopping. Ended up at our local dealer on Long Island and paid $634 below MSRP. Only fee we got nabbed with was $75 document fee. We financed at 1.99%.

Some of the studios we shopped told us nobody would be going below sticker because it was such a new model, but that is simply not the case. Just keep going until you get the price you think is fair.

500ways
07-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Stopped by the local FIAT dealership here in NJ (FIAT of Maple Shade, NJ) to have my PRIMA EDIZIONE #239 serviced. Decided to look at the 500L. Mind you, I just returned from Italy and had a eye full up close and personal. Wanted to take a test drive, but didn't. WHY???? Looking at the sticker price and along side of it was another sticker adding an additional $2, 995.00 for market value. WTF! Kidding me??? How does FIAT allow them to up the price? Want to sell them? Work with a customer. You have a database of all your FIAT customers, have an event. But NOOOOOOOOOOO

I was so angry, when the salesperson came up to me, I didn't even want to discuss the car. So, I plan on doing more research on finding a dealership that will not stick it to me. And since I have family in Ohio, heck, I'll just give the local dealership next to Mom & Dad a call. Just curious if anyone else is seeing the same.

Thx,

RR

additional market value up-charge?! Total BS!

NGEN
07-18-2013, 08:45 AM
Ya that's pretty bad. You can definitely go elsewhere to purchase a 500L.

Tom2.0
07-19-2013, 11:56 AM
Uncool.

cmj912
07-22-2013, 08:59 AM
Sadly, MSRP means "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price". They could sell them for a dollar if they wanted to. Sadly, even in the age of consumer's access to information galore about proper car pricing dealers will still attempt to destroy a carmaker's reputation with all manner of tasteless practices. However, in the age of the internet, word travels fast. It is much easier nowadays to affect the dealer's reputation with a few choice words.

Unfortunately there is probably someone who will pay it.