PDA

View Full Version : My Assetto Corse Wannabe at 4th of July Car show.

deathshead
07-15-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm mostly against entering "new cars" in car shows.
But my Wife,son and Wifes cousin insisted I enter my car and I was completely blown away with the response the car got!
We stood there and watched people flocking to the car, I didnt understand, I just shook my head and laughed. :)
People were going bonkers.

Granted, I do have some mods on the car,
unlike the "driven off the dealer showroom" $53k Yellow jacket Challenger that was bone stock that was parked a few down who no one
paid any attention to..

Here she is.

http://i42.tinypic.com/f44uvb.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/9areo1.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/wgt6bl.jpg

FTY
07-15-2013, 11:42 PM
Incredible...love it bro!!

Abarth Five O
07-15-2013, 11:52 PM
Looking good! The scorpion on the NACA vent is true to the AC look. What next? AC front lip? Rear wing?

Dwaynek
07-15-2013, 11:56 PM
nice job looks shape!

deathshead
07-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Looking good! The scorpion on the NACA vent is true to the AC look. What next? AC front lip? Rear wing?

I'll have to get a better shot of that, That scorpion is done in the silver carbon fiber vinyl.
It looks just like the real Assetto Corse vent to match the black Carbon fiber, but with more detail than the original, It kinda blends in with the black and looks real.. It really sets that vent off.

trevc
07-16-2013, 09:50 AM
Looks great!

deathshead
07-16-2013, 11:08 AM

I would never EVER be able to pull off the AC Front lip up here in Northeast PA.
I have a hard time as it is just dropped on sportlines with the 16"s.

I wish someone would make this lip in Molded RUBBER, That way when that turtle comes shooting out from under the car in front of me again like on super Mario cart the lip would just bounce right back.

The Rear Wing hopefully down the road would be great, but its just soooooo expensive. and hard to justify dropping $1000 on a appearance item, but i DO need it to complete the look.

shagghie
07-16-2013, 11:27 AM
I would never EVER be able to pull off the AC Front lip up here in Northeast PA.

I wish someone would make this lip in Molded RUBBER, That way when that turtle comes shooting out from under the car in front of me again like on super Mario cart the lip would just bounce right back.

The Rear Wing hopefully down the road would be great, but its just soooooo expensive. and hard to justify dropping $1000 on a appearance item, but i DO need it to complete the look.

Yes bro you DO need it to complete the look, you have come this far, a G on the rear-spoiler is chump change compared to the overall impact it will have. Think of it this way, it will actually ADD value to the overall package and complement your previous purchases which are only realizing a fraction of their potential until the synergy of the complete look is realized.

Also, that rear wing will be for more than looks, you should notice a big difference in breaking stability when you need it most... coming off of 4th gear when it's topped out. ;-)

redred
07-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Looks great man! Nice to see some Abarth love at the car shows!

Abarth Five O
07-16-2013, 12:42 PM
I'll have to get a better shot of that, That scorpion is done in the silver carbon fiber vinyl.
It looks just like the real Assetto Corse vent to match the black Carbon fiber, but with more detail than the original, It kinda blends in with the black and looks real.. It really sets that vent off.

Look forward to your close up shot. The scorpion really does complete the look of the AC vents. I took the ez way out and got the silver raised decal from Madness.

MADNESSLuckyJay
07-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Just continue the ABARTH stripe to the front vent and it'll be spot on! Well done!

Abarth Five O
07-16-2013, 12:48 PM

The molded rubber option is a good idea for those w/ rough roads. I agree w/ Shaggie on the rear wing, pull the trigger. You'll also have function i.e. more down force and stability at high speeds.

johniew398
07-16-2013, 09:53 PM
Fantastic looking Abarth.

OhSoLo
07-18-2013, 11:45 AM

Love this one!

deathshead
07-19-2013, 10:11 AM
Love this one!

I still drop drop the Abarth like a crack pipe as the police walk up to you for that 440-6 pack - pistol grip 4 speed on the left if
I had the choice, :) but that picture is just polarizing as the Abarth just looks more special.

shagghie
07-19-2013, 01:42 PM
I still drop drop the Abarth like a crack pipe as the police walk up to you for that 440-6 pack - pistol grip 4 speed on the left if
I had the choice, :) but that picture is just polarizing as the Abarth just looks more special.

This is making me want to do a doppleganger version, Jason... Black and red checkered roof, cavallino hood and spoiler and AC wing. $2.5k and I'm there. Can't wait for next spring's tax returns! By that time our AC Grill project will also be completed, so I can run a red ABARTH logo on that, and get Jason a proper white ABARTH logo grill made!

To get the AC spoiler, I'll need to swap my rear hatch with my wife's red prima, and then CF vinyl wrap it to tie everything together... Not sure how Katy will feel about having a black hatch on her red prima though, but asking forgiveness will be better than permission, and I'll bill it as an 'upgraded spoiler' and sporty look for her prima.

deathshead
07-19-2013, 09:55 PM
I still have to get back with the company On the Grill Scott. you guys made any progress?

500ways
07-19-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm mostly against entering "new cars" in car shows.
But my Wife,son and Wifes cousin insisted I enter my car and I was completely blown away with the response the car got!
We stood there and watched people flocking to the car, I didnt understand, I just shook my head and laughed. :)
People were going bonkers.

Granted, I do have some mods on the car,
unlike the "driven off the dealer showroom" $53k Yellow jacket Challenger that was bone stock that was parked a few down who no one
paid any attention to..

Here she is.

http://i42.tinypic.com/f44uvb.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/9areo1.jpg

You've done a great job so far!!!

I like the bottom picture in that it looks to me like the Ab is saying "hey Spike, hey Spike (panting) - let's go racing because I want to go fast!"

Onyx13Abarth
07-23-2013, 12:15 PM
Car looks awesome..and yeah, looks like it wants a piece of that challenger!

shagghie
07-23-2013, 12:19 PM
I still have to get back with the company On the Grill Scott. you guys made any progress?
Let me get an update for us today... it's been a crazy week, and next week I will be AWOL in Vegas for work, so let me try to get us an update today!
Lot's of progress made, though..yes!

Sales@roadrace
07-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Looks awesome! Well done on getting the unexpected attention!

-dc