PDA

View Full Version : Here we go!

georges
07-15-2013, 02:26 AM
1st car at a studio?

http://www.autonationfiatsouthbay.com/new/FIAT/2013-FIAT--Los-Angeles-LA-CA-5876212c0a0a00640136b859dab0f20f.htm

Andree
07-15-2013, 04:18 AM
Whoa! First one I've seen. That's the combo that several people here liked the most, Grigio with the eSport package.

edit: just looking online, the others still show "in transit" and there were 11 last time I looked, now there are only 9. I guess 2 sold to the people that were on a waiting list.

jenkess18
07-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Whoa! First one I've seen. That's the combo that several people here liked the most, Grigio with the eSport package.

edit: just looking online, the others still show "in transit" and there were 11 last time I looked, now there are only 9. I guess 2 sold to the people that were on a waiting list.

My dealer called me yesterday and said they had a VIN to go with the build sheet put aside for me, but there appears to be some problem with getting the e-Sport package through CA certifications. I guess that's not true!

Andree
07-15-2013, 04:31 PM
My dealer called me yesterday and said they had a VIN to go with the build sheet put aside for me, but there appears to be some problem with getting the e-Sport package through CA certifications. I guess that's not true!

What is "CA certifications"? If it's smog, it's an ELECTRIC car, LOL, it doesn't HAVE an exhaust.

eSport package is wheels, mirror covers, stripes, and all-black interior:

eSport Package
What this includes
15" x 5.5" and 15" x 6.5" Aluminum Wheels
Orange Mirror Cap with Body Side Stripe

Andree
07-15-2013, 04:32 PM
1st car at a studio?

http://www.autonationfiatsouthbay.com/new/FIAT/2013-FIAT--Los-Angeles-LA-CA-5876212c0a0a00640136b859dab0f20f.htm

AND it's gone. I wonder if someone went there before the store opened to buy it?

georges
07-15-2013, 08:56 PM
AND it's gone. I wonder if someone went there before the store opened to buy it?

I called and she said it's gone and 2 others also.
I think they just called the 1st person on their list.

jenkess18
07-15-2013, 08:59 PM
What is "CA certifications"? If it's smog, it's an ELECTRIC car, LOL, it doesn't HAVE an exhaust.

eSport package is wheels, mirror covers, stripes, and all-black interior:

eSport Package
What this includes
15" x 5.5" and 15" x 6.5" Aluminum Wheels
Orange Mirror Cap with Body Side Stripe

I know all that. I just can't get a straight answer from any FIAT dealership on why they can't get a 500e with an eSport package. So frustrating!

Andree
07-16-2013, 12:23 AM
I know all that. I just can't get a straight answer from any FIAT dealership on why they can't get a 500e with an eSport package. So frustrating!

They can get one. We've already seen a dealer get one.

If it's McKevitt you're going to, they have a Grigio eSport in transit:
http://www.fiatusaofberkeley.com/new/FIAT/2013-FIAT-null-Berkeley-CA-542b832a0a0a0002018f48a13926d38c.htm

Window sticker shows it's an eSport (no sunroof):
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=3C3CFFGE4DT712556

Usually the inventory search shows some of the things in transit, but it's been the same few vehicles for awhile now.

jenkess18
07-16-2013, 01:48 AM
They can get one. We've already seen a dealer get one.

If it's McKevitt you're going to, they have a Grigio eSport in transit:
http://www.fiatusaofberkeley.com/new/FIAT/2013-FIAT-null-Berkeley-CA-542b832a0a0a0002018f48a13926d38c.htm

Window sticker shows it's an eSport (no sunroof):
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=3C3CFFGE4DT712556

Usually the inventory search shows some of the things in transit, but it's been the same few vehicles for awhile now.

I'm dealing with Concord. McKevitt says they have 100 paid deposits. So, good luck getting a 500e from them!

Andree
07-16-2013, 03:18 AM
I'm dealing with Concord. McKevitt says they have 100 paid deposits. So, good luck getting a 500e from them!

Remember they were supposed to divy up the cars between a northern warehouse and a southern warehouse, and ship the cars to the dealers from those warehouses. Maybe that is the hold up. Getting ALL the cars to the warehouses first.

Thing is, I wonder how many people will take ANY 500e, or will want only a certain combination and would pass on something very different.

You know, just for flexibility, you could probably order the orange mirror covers, stripe and wheels separately if you found one close to what you want. It wouldn't have the smoky lights, but those can be ordered also. Unless they are substantially different from the ones used on the Turbo and Gucci w/double black interior.

Just a thought. Hope your car comes soon!

Andree
07-16-2013, 06:10 PM

It's tough, because McKevitt (Berkeley) and Burlingame are the closest to San Francisco. Those two Studios get most of the San Francisco traffic. There isn't a Studio in Marin County either, and their closest Studio would be Berkeley as well.

Usually not a problem with regular gas cars, but with the 500e, the Studio has to be within range of the car to get home. LOL. Or it has to be shipped. And the 500e is limited in numbers, with people on waiting lists.

I'm not too clear on how the waiting lists will be worked. And I'd guess each Studio could differ.

Let me make a list of customers for an example:

1. Orange w/white
2. Grigio eSport
3. Any 500e with any options
4. Black w/white

Four customers. Number one is the first. But will that customer be called first? I wouldn't call the first person if the car available was all black, non-eSport, because the car isn't at all what they wanted. I wouldn't call the second person in line either. Or the fourth person in line. I would call only the third person, because they said they'd take any 500e with any options.

It would seem silly to keep calling the first person who wants only the orange car, that only comes with the white interior, with other cars that aren't close.

So it could be like multiple lines of people waiting, for specific cars. A line for 13 different combinations: http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?10766-Pictures-of-ALL-the-exterior-combinations

And that doesn't include the sunroof. Some folks might want one, some might definitely NOT want one, so we have 26 combinations. Twenty six different lines. You can be in multiple lines at once. Like a person who has an exterior or interior color preference, but doesn't care one way or another if the car has sunroof. Or if the car has the eSport package.

That customer would be "must have black interior" which puts them in all color lines (except orange) and with and without sunroof or eSport. (eSport has black headrest, the rest have orange headrest with black, and we'll say the person is fine with either).

The person most likely to get their car fairly quickly is the person who will take ANY 500e.

And I have the feeling that the white interior cars paired with the black, gray, silver will be somewhat less popular. I love the white interior, but would prefer it on the orange car or the white car. Remember the interior color also affects the color of the lower panels of the front and back of the car. I'd be okay with the other colors with the white interior, but would probably get a white stripe for the sides of the car, which would look nice, I think.

QuindiciUndici
07-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Andree
FIAT of SF is to open on Van Ness within a month or so. Check out the Craigslist ads for salespersons, etc.

Andree
07-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Andree
FIAT of SF is to open on Van Ness within a month or so. Check out the Craigslist ads for salespersons, etc.

Oh, yay! That will help immensely. I don't know if they'll get any 500e models, but if they do, they wouldn't have a waiting list until they open.

And that will probably be the place I'll end up for service, since it will be the closest. Without a bridge toll!

I hope they get some good people for all their departments. Wish I wasn't such an old lump of coal. I think I'd like selling Fiats. Until someone was mean to me and then I'd cry and get fired. Or quit.

Andree
07-16-2013, 11:49 PM
Andree

Just in case someone IS looking for the job, here's a link to the Craigslist ad:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/sls/3929902512.html

And for the Sales Manager:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/sls/3934158040.html

They have a fake picture for the Sales Manager job. The cars have Lounge chrome on the front, including the wider UK license area, but no chrome on the mirrors. Looks like they have a red UK interior in the yellow car, not a possible combination. The paint and interior fabric display has lime green, and there are no lime green cars or interiors or convertible tops. The reflection on the car windshields is wrong. So is the reflection on the upper level glass.

Any Sales Manager candidate that doesn't pick out those flaws with the fake picture doesn't get hired.