PDA

View Full Version : Device Undiscoverable After iPhone5 Software Update

fiatkitty
07-14-2013, 08:06 PM
The title pretty much says it all. I have a 2012 Fiat 500 Sport and after updating my iPhone5 and syncing it with my laptop, the phone is now "undiscoverable" by the car's sound system and will not stream content from my apps when plugged into the USB. It will still charge the phone, just hasn't been recognizing it as a media device since the Apple software update.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tweak
07-14-2013, 11:17 PM
Sadly I am not experienced with the Apple phones (of any generation) but I'd like to welcome you to the forum.

If it worked before have you tried to un-pair and re-pair by chance? Just tossing out an idea, may not help at all.

Kurumi
07-14-2013, 11:24 PM
Do a full reset and restore from backup. If that doesn't work, restore and clean start. If for some reason That doesn't work, replace the phone. It's still under warranty.

shabba
07-14-2013, 11:36 PM
You have to erase your old profile that is stored in the Fiat. It will work after that. Had the same issue, this solved it.

luckymoi
07-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Do a full reset and restore from backup. If that doesn't work, restore and clean start. If for some reason That doesn't work, replace the phone. It's still under warranty.
That's way too extreme, way too alarming.
Just un-pair then re-pair.