PDA

View Full Version : The 500L easy , what is the seat fabric and is it easy to clean ?

rjb
07-08-2013, 06:44 AM
Looking at the seats in the 500L Easy ( Black/Cementite ) they are light in colour.What is the fabric and if it is easy to clean?
Thank you

cmj912
07-08-2013, 08:08 AM
It is a flat-weave automotive polyester not unlike what is seen in the 500 Pop. Couple of cheap cans of Scotchguard and most upholstery'd be fine. :)

Cammilla500L
07-11-2013, 12:52 AM
It is a flat-weave automotive polyester not unlike what is seen in the 500 Pop. Couple of cheap cans of Scotchguard and most upholstery'd be fine. :)

That's what the salesman told me to do.....so its ok? I'd hate to ruin the seats.
They do show dirt! :(

cmj912
07-11-2013, 08:31 PM
That's what the salesman told me to do.....so its ok? I'd hate to ruin the seats.
They do show dirt! :(

Scotchgard recommends you test in an inconspicuous area before fully applying, but in almost all cases it will not hurt any fabric.
As a matter of fact it is all the dealership would do when they charge you $$$$ for 'fabric protection' anyway.

Andree
07-25-2013, 07:18 PM
Looking at the seats in the 500L Easy ( Black/Cementite ) they are light in colour.What is the fabric and if it is easy to clean?
Thank you

From the Owners Manual, page 346:

Stain Repel Fabric Cleaning Procedure – If Equipped
Stain Repel seats may be cleaned in the following manner:
• Remove as much of the stain as possible by blotting with a clean, dry towel.
• Blot any remaining stain with a clean, damp towel.
• For tough stains, apply MOPARŪ Total Clean, or a mild soap solution to a clean, damp cloth and remove stain. Use a fresh, damp towel to remove soap residue.
• For grease stains, apply MOPARŪ Multi-Purpose Cleaner to a clean, damp cloth and remove stain. Use a fresh, damp towel to remove soap residue.
• Do not use any harsh solvents or any other form of protectants on Stain Repel products.

Interior Care
Use MOPARŪ Total Clean to clean fabric upholstery and carpeting.
Use MOPARŪ Total Clean to clean vinyl upholstery.
MOPARŪ Total Clean is specifically recommended for leather upholstery.
Your leather upholstery can be best preserved by regular cleaning with a damp soft cloth. Small particles of dirt can act as an abrasive and damage the leather upholstery and should be removed promptly with a damp cloth. Stubborn soils can be removed easily with a soft cloth and MOPARŪ Total Clean. Care should be taken to avoid soaking your leather upholstery with any liquid. Please do not use polishes, oils, cleaning fluids, solvents, deter- gents, or ammonia-based cleaners to clean your leather upholstery. Application of a leather conditioner is not required to maintain the original condition.

------

I haven't heard anyone mention "Stain Repel" yet. But if it's already on the seats, it says not to use anything else. But how would anyone know? Maybe it's done at/by the dealer? Or can be done by/at the dealer?

cmj912
07-26-2013, 09:45 AM
From the Owners Manual, page 346:

Stain Repel Fabric Cleaning Procedure – If Equipped
Stain Repel seats may be cleaned in the following manner:
• Remove as much of the stain as possible by blotting with a clean, dry towel.
• Blot any remaining stain with a clean, damp towel.
• For tough stains, apply MOPARŪ Total Clean, or a mild soap solution to a clean, damp cloth and remove stain. Use a fresh, damp towel to remove soap residue.
• For grease stains, apply MOPARŪ Multi-Purpose Cleaner to a clean, damp cloth and remove stain. Use a fresh, damp towel to remove soap residue.
• Do not use any harsh solvents or any other form of protectants on Stain Repel products.

Interior Care
Use MOPARŪ Total Clean to clean fabric upholstery and carpeting.
Use MOPARŪ Total Clean to clean vinyl upholstery.
MOPARŪ Total Clean is specifically recommended for leather upholstery.
Your leather upholstery can be best preserved by regular cleaning with a damp soft cloth. Small particles of dirt can act as an abrasive and damage the leather upholstery and should be removed promptly with a damp cloth. Stubborn soils can be removed easily with a soft cloth and MOPARŪ Total Clean. Care should be taken to avoid soaking your leather upholstery with any liquid. Please do not use polishes, oils, cleaning fluids, solvents, deter- gents, or ammonia-based cleaners to clean your leather upholstery. Application of a leather conditioner is not required to maintain the original condition.

------

I haven't heard anyone mention "Stain Repel" yet. But if it's already on the seats, it says not to use anything else. But how would anyone know? Maybe it's done at/by the dealer? Or can be done by/at the dealer?

MOPARŪ Stain Repel is Scotchgard. Applied by the dealer. Not cheap.

rjb
07-27-2013, 09:18 AM
Has anybody used Scotchgard on there seats ?

FiatGusto
07-27-2013, 02:41 PM
Used it over 2 years ago on my Sport. Seats still look great.