PDA

View Full Version : Anyone make bolt in Recaros or Corbeau Seats??

NORCAL SS
07-08-2013, 02:57 AM
Anyone make bolt in Recaros or Corbeau Seats??

Jjm4life
07-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Im sure either of those brands make a chair that fits. The issue is sliders, and a fix for the airbag light and passenger seat sensor.

SailDesign
07-08-2013, 10:22 AM
I was going to reply that if anyone did, it would be Recaro or Corbeau - but that seemed pointless.
On the other hand, it was worth mentioning....

BigDaddySRT
07-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Im sure either of those brands make a chair that fits. The issue is sliders, and a fix for the airbag light and passenger seat sensor.

Both Front Seats have Sensors and Airbags.

NORCAL SS
07-08-2013, 11:03 AM
for front seat sensor can wire them together that complete circuit and kills that sensor. For the airbags its a 20 ohm resistor.

BigDaddySRT
07-08-2013, 11:39 AM
for front seat sensor can wire them together that complete circuit and kills that sensor. For the airbags its a 20 ohm resistor.

Thanks for letting everyone know how to Break the Law and modify the SRS Airbag System.

DO NOT under any circumstance modify the SRS Airbag System on a State Safety Inspected Vehicle that is Registered and driven on Public Streets.

trevc
07-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Where's Pinecone when you need him :peaceful:

NORCAL SS
07-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Ill be ordering seats prob today. Found the place that has the tracks. Custom red stiching to maych the abarth wheel should look good. Ill keep you guys updated.

Im gonna start looking into ls swaps also. Perfect for the street and a must for street driven fiats lol.

BigT
07-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Can't wait to see how the seats turn out should look nice.

redred
07-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Sweet! Looking forward to seeing how you do with the sensors, etc....

Mr. Man
07-08-2013, 02:07 PM

Seems BigDaddySRT has taken over in his absence. I am now going to break the law and modify my SRS airbag system on my State Safety inspected vehicle that is registered and driven on public streets

BigT
07-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Yes because everyone knows that state safety inspectors actually check the airbag sensors when no CEL is illuminated on the dash... SMH

NORCAL SS
07-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Oh I have slicks on my ctsv that I drive on the street. Guess I shouldnt do that also. Roll bar is illegal too.... thanks for the warning guys.

2Cool
07-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Seems BigDaddySRT has taken over in his absence. I am now going to break the law and modify my SRS airbag system on my State Safety inspected vehicle that is registered and driven on public streets

What I do not understand with this guy is he talks against any modifications to the car for any reason, yet he seemed happy enough to mod the hell out of his SRT4 and brag about it... double standard much?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3803516/2003-dodge-neon/

Crossfirecat
07-08-2013, 03:20 PM

Sweet! You wanna stop by later on and we can run around my shop with scissors while leaving the refrigerator door open and turning on all the lights too! Heck, We'll even leave the front door wide open with the a/c running! LMAO!

So let me get this straight...The same person that was telling us to "punch out the cat" in the down pipe group buy... Is now giving us legal advice about airbags? So your saying I can destroy the ozone but, You have a problem with me bouncing my face, off my dashboard, because my airbags are disabled?

A word of advice BigDaddy, Sarcasm and a negative tone to practically all of your posts is not going to win anyone over. (Cue the "I don't care if anyone likes me" post). It seems to me, like you post to get a rise out of people, Not to actually contribute to the forum in a good way. I respect your right to post what you want, But you can do it without coming off like an ***! This is isn't SRT Forums. Oh wait...You were Banned from there too! Never mind, You still haven't learned and probably never will.

Sorry Moderators but, We put up with the same antics on SRT forums. It gets old fast!
I'll get off my soapbox now. :soapbox:

I'm off to search for the "Ignore" button/feature? Do we even have that option?

NORCAL SS
07-08-2013, 03:44 PM
HHAHHHAHHHAHHAH must be a slow dodge thing

stealthy1ss
07-08-2013, 05:27 PM
I would look into a good local shop to fabricate a seat base for you. That way they can get the height and position of the seat perfect for you.

Mike S
07-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Of course, everybody expects their insurance company to cover any injuries sustained in an accident when the airbags don't deploy.

FTY
07-08-2013, 05:42 PM

LOL...I was waiting for that!!

Jjm4life
07-08-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm holding out until someone figures out a way to fake the seats into thinking there is always someone in it. That way, I getting seats, and airbags as well.
Fwiw, one off previous cars had no airbags and a full cage. Never thought twice about safety...

bawight
07-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Does anybody have any idea what the factory front seats weigh?

Mr. Man
07-08-2013, 09:02 PM
yelrotflmao-vi
Sweet! You wanna stop by later on and we can run around my shop with scissors while leaving the refrigerator door open and turning on all the lights too! Heck, We'll even leave the front door wide open with the a/c running! LMAO!

So let me get this straight...The same person that was telling us to "punch out the cat" in the down pipe group buy... Is now giving us legal advice about airbags? So your saying I can destroy the ozone but, You have a problem with me bouncing my face, off my dashboard, because my airbags are disabled?

A word of advice BigDaddy, Sarcasm and a negative tone to practically all of your posts is not going to win anyone over. (Cue the "I don't care if anyone likes me" post). It seems to me, like you post to get a rise out of people, Not to actually contribute to the forum in a good way. I respect your right to post what you want, But you can do it without coming off like an ***! This is isn't SRT Forums. Oh wait...You were Banned from there too! Never mind, You still haven't learned and probably never will.

Sorry Moderators but, We put up with the same antics on SRT forums. It gets old fast!
I'll get off my soapbox now. :soapbox:

I'm way ahead of you, I already ripped the tag off my mattress and later I'm going to make a flamethrower out of hair spray and a bic lighter :encouragement:

BigDaddySRT
07-09-2013, 08:44 AM
What I do not understand with this guy is he talks against any modifications to the car for any reason, yet he seemed happy enough to mod the hell out of his SRT4 and brag about it... double standard much?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3803516/2003-dodge-neon/

That's not me chief.

BigDaddySRT
07-09-2013, 09:03 AM

It's real easy to find:
Upper Top Right of Screen - Click Settings - Slide down to My Account - Click Edit Ignore List

Easy!!! Click the "Thanks" Button for me.

markinmad
07-09-2013, 05:16 PM
"State Safety Inspected Vehicle" I'm still wondering what that is... You obviously haven't seen some of the rust buckets that qualify for cars around here.

Land of no safety inspections or emission inspections...

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
07-09-2013, 08:02 PM
I would like to see pictures of this mod ,just for kicks. I personally love my heavy a-seats. In my state they let us ride motorcycles without helmets, I bet they could care less about airbags.

Abarth Phreak
07-10-2013, 12:13 AM
HHAHHHAHHHAHHAH must be a slow dodge thing

Hey hey now...not all of us former SRT-4 Phreaks had slow Dodges...But, SOME OF US DID THROW A RESISTOR INTO THE STEERING WHEEL AIRBAG LINE WHEN INSTALLING A RACE WHEEL....lol

I do not know who Bigdaddysrt is from my SRT Forum days...but they woulda wrecked him there too if he pulled that crap. They were pretty vicious crowd and did quite a bit of perma-banning. (But thanks BDSRT...it brings back the memories in this thread...lol)

Abarth Phreak
07-10-2013, 12:15 AM
I would like to see pictures of this mod ,just for kicks. I personally love my heavy a-seats. In my state they let us ride motorcycles without helmets, I bet they could care less about airbags.

You got it alllll wrong...they don't care about the drivers of the motorcycles...jestera

Wiseguy
07-10-2013, 08:16 PM
I have no plan on upgrading the seats, so I haven't asked but you can try emailing them.
http://autobacs-asm.com/blog/recaro/index.php?mode=res_view&no=1195

http://autobacs-asm.com/blog/recaro/index.php?mode=res_view&no=1078

They reply back fairly quick.

2Cool
07-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Corbeau does not list a bracket for the 500, only the Spider and Brava: http://corbeau.com/service/seat_brackets/

Which is a shame, as I used a set of of red CR1's in my '02 MINI Cooper S back in my STX class autocross days.

deathshead
07-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Both Front Seats have Sensors and Airbags.

http://i43.tinypic.com/17efxz.jpg

deathshead
07-10-2013, 10:25 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/vrbhjb.jpg

deathshead
07-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Hey hey now...not all of us former SRT-4 Phreaks had slow Dodges...But, SOME OF US DID THROW A RESISTOR INTO THE STEERING WHEEL AIRBAG LINE WHEN INSTALLING A RACE WHEEL....lol

I do not know who Bigdaddysrt is from my SRT Forum days...but they woulda wrecked him there too if he pulled that crap. They were pretty vicious crowd and did quite a bit of perma-banning. (But thanks BDSRT...it brings back the memories in this thread...lol)

http://i43.tinypic.com/dczdrl.jpg

This is what I traded in for my Abarth.
I constantly wonder about her and if she went to a good home. :(

mr_robs
07-10-2013, 10:33 PM

I just want these.

deathshead
07-10-2013, 10:39 PM

I just want these.

I want seats that will fit my fat body without buying a Challenger. LOL!
those stock SRT-4 Seats were the WORST!, It was torture, numb painfull legs, and your balls in a vise.

Jjm4life
07-10-2013, 10:51 PM

I just want these.

Yes please.