PDA

View Full Version : e85 injectors

zyxelenator
07-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Have anyone try those in their Abarth/500T? ATP turbo store has it for under $400. They claim that it is 100% drop in without any changing to ECU.
We all know e85 benefits turbo.
I'm thinking about those, have couple gas stations that sell e85 near me for about $1 lower than 93,but price is not the reason.
I were wondering is it ok to run car on gas if e85 is unavailable? Will ECU react and spray less? Will fuel get fully burned with 30% more spray injectors, if you have MM on race mode and sport mode on.
if it won't, you will dilute your oil pretty bad, right?
So my main question is, do I risk anything if I happen to be in the middle of nowhere and there is no e85 to fill up?

shagghie
07-06-2013, 05:42 PM
+1.... want to run e85 for auto-x days.
How long does it take to swap injectors in and out i wonder?
maybe u could keep a set of gas injectors in trunk w a toolkit for emergencies?

zyxelenator
07-06-2013, 06:33 PM
From a quick look main part to remive would be intake. So maybe little more difficult than changing out spark plugs.

trevc
07-06-2013, 07:45 PM
There was somebody on this forum working with ATP developing stuff for our cars. He was drag racing with e85 and those injectors. He was also experimenting with different turbos. Then he disappeared. I suspect something may have happened to the car.

FTY
07-08-2013, 01:56 AM
There was somebody on this forum working with ATP developing stuff for our cars. He was drag racing with e85 and those injectors. He was also experimenting with different turbos. Then he disappeared. I suspect something may have happened to the car.

I was wondering where he disappeared too also.....

stealthy1ss
07-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Have anyone try those in their Abarth/500T? ATP turbo store has it for under $400. They claim that it is 100% drop in without any changing to ECU.
We all know e85 benefits turbo.
I'm thinking about those, have couple gas stations that sell e85 near me for about $1 lower than 93,but price is not the reason.
I were wondering is it ok to run car on gas if e85 is unavailable? Will ECU react and spray less? Will fuel get fully burned with 30% more spray injectors, if you have MM on race mode and sport mode on.
if it won't, you will dilute your oil pretty bad, right?
So my main question is, do I risk anything if I happen to be in the middle of nowhere and there is no e85 to fill up?

To me running E85 or meth (as a fuel) is pointless without a tuning solution. If you run out of E85 and there is none available you can run the car on 93 but you must stay out of boost or the car will run like dog ****. I would highly suggest against running 93 with a E85 setup unless you absolutely had to do it. Why put your car on a leash though?