PDA

View Full Version : Next Mod?

musicsurf
07-05-2013, 08:52 PM
I was hoping to get some opinions and maybe some help weighing pros and cons. I currently have a TMC piggyback, Forge BOV, EC V2 intake (Injen intake is on it's way), an MPX TB, and I am lowered on Eibach sportlines. I have about $1100 to play with and I am for sure getting a TWM short shifter and a Neu-f torsion bar. In the mix is a turbo blanket, Forge WG, and/or Koni Yellows for the rear. The way I am thinking is I can get two of the three and put a deposit on an ATM FMIC. Opinions? If someone has other suggestions for a different part let me know. Thanks!

redred
07-05-2013, 10:13 PM
From what I've heard, the Koni yellows are a heck of an upgrade on this car with lowering springs. That's probably my next mod

Gigante
07-05-2013, 10:41 PM
I would recommend the waste gate actuator, especially with your current mods. Then go for the Turbo Blanket and put your deposit down on the FMIC. Also, I have the Koni's on my list as well from Eurocompulsion, I hear only great things and I am on Sportlines as well:thumbsup:

Seafarer61
07-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Go Pedal

deathshead
07-06-2013, 12:24 AM
No catless downpipe yet?!
Big bottle neck and HUGE difference, changes it into a different car and no more hitting a wall
On the top end.

deathshead
07-06-2013, 12:26 AM
I would also skip the ptp blanket it's expensive. You can get a nice generic one that fits nicely under
The stock heat shield and then get some titanium wrap for he downpipe. All for around $75 bucks.

I'm doing mine in a few days and will post pics.

davidjon_99
07-06-2013, 09:39 AM
From what I've heard, the Koni yellows are a heck of an upgrade on this car with lowering springs. That's probably my next mod

I have the Koni Yellows and would second this suggestions without reservation. Anyone using lowering springs should check out the Konis. I'll never take them off. :)

DMilla
07-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Get the Neuspeed short shifter vs. the TWM and you'll have another $280 for other engine performance mods.

LittleEvil
07-06-2013, 09:57 AM
turbo upgrade.

musicsurf
07-06-2013, 11:03 AM
The TWM is only $300 now and even with all of the good feedback on the Neu-f adapter, I want to actually fix the issues I have with the shifter and in my mind the adapter would just be a bandaid. Downpipe is definitely on the list but I want a high-glow instead of catless and to order one from TMC would cost more than buying an exhaust so I am waiting for a good offering. Thanks deathshead for the suggestion, I am definitely on the fence about the turbo blanket. One of the main reasons I am considering it is because I will be putting in the injen intake and in doing so removing the stock airbox.

JackandSue
07-06-2013, 11:22 AM
RRM front brake pads

DS Ocampo
07-06-2013, 01:20 PM
Forge everything lol.... It's an amazing !!! FMIC .. My 2 cents

musicsurf
07-06-2013, 01:33 PM
I am really torn about the Forge FMIC because they are local to me (55 miles or so away) and I love supporting local businesses. I am hearing great things about the ATM though. Do you have any issues with your a/c and Forge FMIC since you live in a hot climate as well? Does anyone else have the Forge FMIC that can chime in? I have heard they are hit or miss on different cars and I would love to know how it is working on our cars. Has anyone done any datalogging with it comparable to ATM's?

trevc
07-06-2013, 01:48 PM
I recently install a PTP Turbo blanket and would say save your money.
The TWM short-shifter I absolutely love. Very well engineered and a big improvement over stock.
I would suggest a pedal box. I have the sprint-booster and love it but they all see to perform well.
Road Race is coming out with a high flow cat solution which looks promising.
Forge Waste Gate actuator and the ATM FMIC are must haves!
For aesthetics and to protect the body get a set of RallyArmor mudflaps from Eurocompulsion. Quality product.

DS Ocampo
07-06-2013, 03:28 PM
I am really torn about the Forge FMIC because they are local to me (55 miles or so away) and I love supporting local businesses. I am hearing great things about the ATM though. Do you have any issues with your a/c and Forge FMIC since you live in a hot climate as well? Does anyone else have the Forge FMIC that can chime in? I have heard they are hit or miss on different cars and I would love to know how it is working on our cars. Has anyone done any datalogging with it comparable to ATM's?

I don't have stuff to data log... When car gets back from the shop ill post a better review on the forge with the hellish heat of AZ ..

musicsurf
07-06-2013, 03:39 PM
I decided to put my deposit on the ATM FMIC. I admit that comparing why one FMIC is better than another is totally outside my scope of knowledge, but it all comes down to what I think I like the most. It seems like there was a lot of thought put into their design and the construction looks top notch.

Jjm4life
07-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Forge is uk based by the way. And from my experiences, their customer service is crap. I purposely bought their bov from a second party (500madness) because they have proven more than once to make good products without support.

musicsurf
07-06-2013, 03:52 PM
I know they are based in UK, but they have their US branch in Orlando. I went in and bought my BOV directly from them and everyone there was super nice. Sorry you had a bad experience with them.

Jjm4life
07-06-2013, 03:57 PM
I know they are based in UK, but they have their US branch in Orlando. I went in and bought my BOV directly from them and everyone there was super nice. Sorry you had a bad experience with them.

Im aware of the Orlando location. Happy youve had a better experience. I've had several bad ones. I don't want to derail your thread. You'll be very happy with the ATM intercooler. Loving what it did for my abarth.

musicsurf
07-06-2013, 04:14 PM
I am looking forward to it believe me. Especially with the central Florida heat and humidity. I am thinking I will be getting the TWM shifter, Koni Yellows, and Neu-f torsion bar right now. I can pick up the actuator from Forge whenever I am in Orlando next. After getting the two suggestions on foregoing the PTP turbo blanket I will see what other ways I can deflect some of the heat out of the engine bay. After all this I have to start thinking about wheels, tires, and probably brakes. Thanks for all of the input so far!

Abarth Five O
07-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Look into hood vents to reduce your under hood temps. I'm installing AC CF hood vents from R/R.

musicsurf
07-06-2013, 04:44 PM
They are definitely on the list further down the road.

Seafarer61
07-06-2013, 08:26 PM
I disagree with those who say skip the blanket. If you're running an open air filter in the engine bay, it will help to keep that area cooler than without. I live down here in south Florida where we've been hitting mid 90's lately. The difference before and after the blanket install was quite remarkable with regards to how hot that area felt when opening the hood. The blanket definitely works as advertised. It's not cheap...but quality rarely is.

musicsurf
07-06-2013, 08:35 PM
I am not far from you with close to the same temps and sometimes higher. The blanket does look quality, and I may end up getting one. Just not before other things.