PDA

View Full Version : De-Cat Pipe Now Available from 500 MADNESS!

MADNESSLuckyJay
07-05-2013, 12:51 PM
We've finished up our de-cat pipe and we are ready go! we spent a good amount of time on the design of this, and our design lead us to a product that has less welds than the competition, for a better flow. We accomplished this by testing several different raw materials to find tubing that would allow us to do this. These are made of Stainless Steel and also available polished!!

http://500madness.com/500madness/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=115&product_id=1956

http://i.imgur.com/K9VXdOa.jpg

Are you taking your ABARTH or 500T on the track? If so, this upgrade may be perfect for you!

Designed for those that track their car this MADNESS De-Cat Pipe is a great way to add power to your car if you are planning to use it in a Non Polution Controlled Environment.

This De-Cat Pipe is Hand Crafted in house by our Fabrication Team. No cheap, overseas materials here!

Features:

Manufactured out of High Quality 3" Stainless Steel Tubing

Mandrel Bent

Tig Welded
Designed to fit the North American Version of the FIAT 500 ABARTH, FIAT 500T and FIAT 500L

Custom Flange that mounts to the stock mid pipe

Stainless Steel V-Band Clamp that mounts to the stock turbo for a perfect fit

Made in the USA

Each piece made by hand by MADNESS - Please allow 14 days for delivery

Optional High Polished Finish available ($44.99 extra option) - pictured
LAMBDA O2 Oxygen Sensor Extender Spacer available ($19.99 extra option)

Designed to give you optimum flow for racing applications, this replacement part eliminates the stock catalytic converter. This upgrade will increase the performance and exhaust sound of your ABARTH/ 500T.
Please note! The high polish De-Cat will change colors over time as you use it. Expect some of the pipe to turn a Blue/ Gold Tint over time. Please make sure you wipe the pipe well after installation to remove any fingerprints or residue from the installation to keep the finish looking good. Failure to do so may etch the fingerprints in to the finish and alter the look of the pipe.

Designed for Race Applications Only! Not designed to be used on polution controlled vehicles that are operated on public streets where smog laws mandate the use of a Catalatyc Converter.

MADNESSLuckyJay
07-05-2013, 12:52 PM
and of course the sound check...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9GX9OGdlYU&feature=share&list=UUYdP0jebo64gE1HjgHSmD9g

shagghie
07-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Sounds great! So what's the status on a CEL fix? Is the O2 Spacer working well enough to prevent CEL's?

Any plans for a 200Cell catted version, and/or would your shop be willing to make one for me if I pick a 3" Cat to weld in?

MADNESSLuckyJay
07-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Sounds great! So what's the status on a CEL fix? Is the O2 Spacer working well enough to prevent CEL's?

Any plans for a 200Cell catted version, and/or would your shop be willing to make one for me if I pick a 3" Cat to weld in?

The spacer worked on the two we tested in-house, and yes I'm looking for a high-quality high-flow cat, since I'm very tight with Magnaflow you shouldn't be surprised if a CarSound Cat shows up

MADNESSLuckyJay
07-05-2013, 01:06 PM

And yes, we can make that for you!

MADNESSLuckyJay
07-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Built in-house and ready to ship!

http://i.imgur.com/jjT6Quv.jpg

DS Ocampo
07-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Gotta say I loved the way it sounded... With the custom set up I had made its a little louder.. Ill post clips whenever I get it back... Just sounds like an Abarth on steroids.. The polished one I got looks amazing even tho people won't see it it's still very sexy in my pictures I sent u guys. No codes from the 4 hour drive before my sunroof blew up.. Hard pulls, 80 and let offs, and just normal drive but no cells :)..
Oh deceleration sounds wicked cracks and pops and just has that mean Abarth growl turned up a few notches

Thanks Madness once again for everything you've done

NORCAL SS
07-19-2013, 02:18 AM
hows install on this?

DS Ocampo
07-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Way to easy... Take off all the heat shielding and slide it up the top... Then unbolt the stock DP and cat and pull out the same way... The small gasket may fall out so be careful not to pinch it or step on it.. Go slow... Then the install took me maybe 30 min.. Longer to get the heat shield off...

deathshead
07-19-2013, 10:21 AM
The spacer worked on the two we tested in-house, and yes I'm looking for a high-quality high-flow cat, since I'm very tight with Magnaflow you shouldn't be surprised if a CarSound Cat shows up

Jay, what spacer are you guys running? and have you tested enough to be confident in your spacer?
Typically these spacers are good for 24-72 hours.

The 2 codes usually pop within 20-30 miles when decelerating, usually at speed going down a longer hill when you let off the gas. I would be very careful wording this as if its working out 100%! Electronic is the way to go. until real tunes drop.
pipe looks good tho!, now 2 words MID PIPE!

MADNESSLuckyJay
07-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Jay, what spacer are you guys running? and have you tested enough to be confident in your spacer?
Typically these spacers are good for 24-72 hours.

The 2 codes usually pop within 20-30 miles when decelerating, usually at speed going down a longer hill when you let off the gas. I would be very careful wording this as if its working out 100%! Electronic is the way to go. until real tunes drop.
pipe looks good tho!, now 2 words MID PIPE!

No of the customers running it have had a code thrown yet, or if so they haven't told us, our 500T that has the decat pipe was hit, so it's been off the road the last two weeks, but almost back on the streets!

As far as the mid pipe, I'm not sure the result would be something people like, on FWD drag cars (our fabricator and I have been building them for 15 years) I could see this working, or an all-out track car that is going to keep the RPM range high, but for street driving it would most likely cause more lag in the turbo. If it's something you really want, we can easily make you one!

DS Ocampo
07-19-2013, 06:21 PM
Still running mine.. No codes.. I keep trying but nothing ( knock on wood) ... Been doing everything I can but nothing .. Over 200+ miles

MADNESSLuckyJay
07-19-2013, 07:17 PM
Still running mine.. No codes.. I keep trying but nothing ( knock on wood) ... Been doing everything I can but nothing .. Over 200+ miles

Nothing is more fun than TRYING to throw a code :)

DS Ocampo
07-20-2013, 12:18 AM
Hey people ask so I tried it ... Just can't do it... Drove around today again hmmm 50 miles racing around back roads.. Nothing... The spool and how high boost and how well it holds is great... Forge everything installed .. Feels great.. Getting a dyno when the MMbox is back in it

NORCAL SS
07-20-2013, 03:03 PM
question how much louder is the car without the cat? I dont have to deal with smog ever since I have a hook up for the past 20 years (i love cali lol) and wouldn't mind doing this mod just not sure how much louder car gets. Currently I have a small vibrant resonator which quieted down the car just a tad with my axle back and its fine but im sure id have to add another resonator once i go catless.

DS Ocampo
07-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Gets pretty loud when mashed down on the gas .. But not ricer hurt my ears loud... Pm me ill send a video clip from my iPhone

Abarth Five O
07-20-2013, 07:35 PM
Video clip here would be nice.

Mr. Man
07-21-2013, 02:55 AM
Yeah that's not fair I want to here it to. I just arrived in Cali this morning so I plan on visiting the Madness shop later in the week

LittleEvil
07-26-2013, 05:43 PM
is that video clip with your axle back and DP only?

MADNESSLuckyJay
07-26-2013, 06:55 PM
is that video clip with your axle back and DP only?

as far as exhaust goes, honestly I'm not sure if it had an intake or not

LittleEvil
07-26-2013, 09:02 PM
as far as exhaust goes, honestly I'm not sure if it had an intake or not

No question was if the car in the video have the cattless down-pipe and the madness axle-back exhaust only?

MADNESSLuckyJay
07-29-2013, 12:14 PM
No question was if the car in the video have the cattless down-pipe and the madness axle-back exhaust only?

that's what it has exhaust wise, yes

deathshead
07-29-2013, 12:30 PM
What spacer are you guys running?
Does it have Cat material in it like the Big Daddies Garage pieces?

No one has popped a CEL with just a spacer?

I'm almost ready to call shenanigans on no CEL here unless this spacer is unique, is steel wool packed, something.. L bend spacers have been tested, even the big daddies pieces still pop codes. the only 100% way around this is an electronic 02 sim or a real tune.

But if you can guarantee no codes with your spacer than sign me up!

Loudness -
Trust me, The Catless downpipe without any type of resonator
is obnoxious loud, even for me.. I had to put a small resonator on mine right in the mid pipe. that little resonator makes a WORLD of difference!<
Still sounds as raw, but the resonator takes that edge off.

Jay, that midpipe though, it bottle necks down to 1.75" at the bend!
that is lost power man..

DS Ocampo
07-29-2013, 03:03 PM
http://youtu.be/R-JygB79b-c

http://youtu.be/R-JygB79b-c

I know I dropped my phone and missed 2nd lol geeeeezzz

DS Ocampo
07-29-2013, 03:52 PM
There's another video under my name also not sure if it came up

deathshead
07-29-2013, 04:56 PM
There's another video under my name also not sure if it came up

ill check those out, any pics of this bad boy installed?

DS Ocampo
07-29-2013, 05:51 PM
I had some... Sent them to madness not sure what they did

DS Ocampo
07-29-2013, 05:54 PM

In the car and after I put the shield and blanket over... Remade the Madness heat shield to go with the RRM setup .. Looks good

MADNESSLuckyJay
07-29-2013, 06:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/BbrfDjp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5rslyUQ.jpg

dylansi
07-29-2013, 09:30 PM
Jay I sent you a PM. Think I may go with this DP as opposed to the TMC unit I have now.

Tweak
07-29-2013, 11:07 PM
Video embedded now. ;)

Sure sounds good, exhaust setup looking good too.
(The entire car looks good really but noticed the Y split)

DS Ocampo
07-30-2013, 02:04 AM
Yea had them do that ... Didn't like the T setup.. I had it before running a single exit setup .. Cut it out slapped a Y in place and ran smooth in mids and highs :)

NORCAL SS
08-01-2013, 05:17 AM
i just bought a blower for my escalade today so might as well spend more money on the abarth. Just have a few questions

On the exit side of this downpipe is it a 2.25 or 2.5 exit?? if its a 2.25 is it possible to make it a 2.5 exit on the flange?? id buy another flange 2.5 also since im going to weld up my own 2.5 flange back to the 2.25 next down since I have a axle back.

dylansi
08-01-2013, 07:12 PM
i just bought a blower for my escalade today so might as well spend more money on the abarth. Just have a few questions

On the exit side of this downpipe is it a 2.25 or 2.5 exit?? if its a 2.25 is it possible to make it a 2.5 exit on the flange?? id buy another flange 2.5 also since im going to weld up my own 2.5 flange back to the 2.25 next down since I have a axle back.

Would like to know this also, when I measured the TMC unit it looked to be 2" maybe 2.25" (inside) at the most...hopefully this one is at least 2.5"

Jay, I sent an email to Joseph and havent heard anything back yet on the downpipe. Thanks

DS Ocampo
08-01-2013, 09:41 PM

Pulled mine out ... Here ya go...

dylansi
08-01-2013, 10:35 PM
This is the Madness one? ^^^ Which are the two on the last pic?

DS Ocampo
08-01-2013, 11:52 PM
The madness ones ..

dylansi
08-02-2013, 12:41 AM
The madness ones ..

OK so two different designs with the same exit ID?

If you notice the sixth post of this thread it has a row of DPs and the bottom one looks as though it doesnt taper off at the bottom like the two you have or the other ones in that pic. Looks liike it may retain that 2.5 - 3" inside diameter. Or it has a custom flange on it im not sure.

Jay is there anyway you have these in stock that will keep at least a 2.5" diameter the whole way through?

shadyabarth
08-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Just out of curiosity can this be used effectively with the stock exhaust and is it still loud if used so?

deathshead
08-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Just out of curiosity can this be used effectively with the stock exhaust and is it still loud if used so?

Search the forums for all the info..

Tweak
08-02-2013, 10:12 AM

Welcome to the forum.

Downpipe + stock exhaust = louder, how effective I can't offer an opinion but as stated above you can search for specifics as there are is much to read on the subject.

shadyabarth
08-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Downpipe + stock exhaust = louder, how effective I can't offer an opinion but as stated above you can search for specifics as there are is much to read on the subject.

Thank you for the welcome and helpul info. I am new to the Abarth Forum and dont actually have one yet..I come from the BMW world and currently own a 1988 M3, 2002 M coupe and 2010 M3 and have been modifying cars heavily for almost 20+ years. I am lurking the forums to get as much info as possible as i am about to purchase a 2013 Abarth..Thanks again!

Tweak
08-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Thank you for the welcome and helpul info. I am new to the Abarth Forum and dont actually have one yet..I come from the BMW world and currently own a 1988 M3, 2002 M coupe and 2010 M3 and have been modifying cars heavily for almost 20+ years. I am lurking the forums to get as much info as possible as i am about to purchase a 2013 Abarth..Thanks again!

Nice, I'm sure you will enjoy the Abarth, lot of info so make like a sponge and soak it all up, enjoy the forum! :)

deathshead
08-08-2013, 04:11 PM
So, still not popping codes yet?

DS Ocampo
08-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Still no codes 1k miles and going

deathshead
08-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Still no codes 1k miles and going

so your running a DECAT downpipe, and not 1 code?

Whats this spacer look like?

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Evogelion
02-24-2014, 01:38 AM
do you need the adaptor they offer for stock air sensor? Does it fit up with aftermarket cat backs?

TimAllen
02-28-2014, 02:40 AM
pm sent about custom DP jay

MADNESS Kevin
02-28-2014, 04:48 PM
Unfortunately Jay is no longer with the company. But I will more that happy to assist you! Sent me a PM or give us a call directly.

mkdragn
04-01-2014, 02:41 AM
I would love to buy this DE-CAT. But I have a hard time believing this isn't throwing codes in non tuned Abarths :dunno:

Abarth Five O
04-01-2014, 03:59 AM
If you're a betting man, I would stick to your belief.

MADNESS Kevin
04-01-2014, 03:43 PM
I would love to buy this DE-CAT. But I have a hard time believing this isn't throwing codes in non tuned Abarths :dunno:

This is what I can say honestly, everyone that has purchased this part from us and running it on their car currently since release have not reported any issues or Codes as you can see with the previous posts and no issues on the shop car we have here at MADNESS. On the same note we cannot guarantee that this will not throw a code in the future.

But please keep in mind, this is a off road/ race part only and not legal in some states. Not designed to be used on pollution controlled vehicles that are operated on public streets where smog laws mandate the use of a Catalatyc Converter. We also do not install this item here in our shop due to strict emission laws.

If you have any more questions about this item or anything that we carry here at MADNESS please send me a PM or contact us at 888-993-7552 or 562-981-6800.

Abarth Five O
04-01-2014, 05:17 PM
It would help increase your sales if your other your customers (other than DS Ocampo) posted their testimonials, reviews, and feedback on no cels w/ this decat DP.

500MADNESS.com
04-01-2014, 08:12 PM
It would help increase your sales if your other your customers (other than DS Ocampo) posted their testimonials, reviews, and feedback on no cels w/ this decat DP.

We would love more feedback, but the majority of people do not post on forums. Some simply look around on this and other forums, read and some also visit other social media platforms. We have served over 5,000 FIAT Customers so far, but the majority of folks simply do not post on forums.

This particular part sells out regularly and we have backorders on them right now waiting for production (this week). The part is expensive to manufacture and the margins are very small. Each pipe is made in house by our fabricator and many hours are spent on each one, so it is not a part that we really push. We make it available for those that really want it, but we do not spend much time promoting it.

In fact we do not even offer installation on it at our facility due to California Smog Laws. We also do not recommend that someone installs it on a vehicle that is being driven on public streets in a place that mandates a catalytic converter. The part was designed for those that track their car and for them a check engine light is not an issue. The upside is that the spacer we provide as an option seems to take care of the light. I say "seems" because you just never know, so we do not guarantee that it will never come on. It may and we are upfront about it.