PDA

View Full Version : Overheating and Check engine light.

LittleEvil
07-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Last night i was cruising on the highway. Suddenly out of nowhere my temp gauges spiked to full hot and threw a code. Seconds later it temps went back to normal and light came off, but then about a minute later the check engine light came on. I pulled over, checked for coolant leaks any sort of vacuum leak, checked everything as best as i could with a flash light at night. I found nothing. Took it to fiat this morning, they don't have a technician till Monday -___- OK that's dumb. Anyways the car runs fine, no weird sounds or loss of power. I'm a bit shocked, never had such a thing. Anyone have a similar experience? i'll update the results Monday once it goes threw the shop.

jguerdat
07-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Could be an electronic gremlin since it went hot than suddenly normal. Could also be a sticking thermostat or even some schmutz that got in there in the initial build or any maintenance that's worked itself into a bad place.

LittleEvil
07-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Could be an electronic gremlin since it went hot than suddenly normal. Could also be a sticking thermostat or even some schmutz that got in there in the initial build or any maintenance that's worked itself into a bad place.

Yea my guess its some ecu fail that's nothing, but better safe than sorry, i'll find out Monday.

07-05-2013, 07:36 PM
There is a thread on this recently, search last couple of weeks, EXACTLY same symptoms!!

dart1.4t
07-05-2013, 08:26 PM
get the code. i getting knock sensor codes in this heat on the dart. lets see if it's just a common issue.

LittleEvil
07-11-2013, 03:13 PM
The Codes were "Oil supply valve solenoid overcurrent", idk wtf that is lol never heard of such a thing. But they ended up replacing the PCM. All is good for now.