PDA

View Full Version : Polyurethane Torque Arm Insert

PerformanceDoneRight
07-03-2013, 09:14 PM
I was thinking about buying a couple brand new torque arm mounts from the dealer (maybe one for each model, turbo or NA) and making some poly inserts since they don't offer one for the US market yet.

Is that something you guys would be interested in? I know i'm going to make one for myself, at least. Maybe even take a look at the trans and motor mounts to see what they look like inside, too.

Ryephile
07-03-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm down for a torque arm insert, assuming the durometer isn't absurd. Just something to take the bulk of the slop out of the stock setup and not add NVH enough for my passengers to assume the engine is hard-mounted.

trevc
07-03-2013, 09:51 PM
I'm doing one with 60a Urethane. Looks like I may be waiting a while for the new mount though - it's been on order a week so far and no ETA yet :sad:

PerformanceDoneRight
07-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Is that a familiar username I spot, Ryan? I go by another name on some forums, Not-so-rednwhitecooper. Didn't know you'd bought a 500. Still have any MINI stuff going on?

Anywho, I bought a pound of 80a, and I don't have anything else to use it for, really. I'm going to talk to the parts manager on Friday and see if he has any in stock or if he can get me any in the near future.

Small&Wicked2013
07-03-2013, 10:18 PM
I just got some 80a and a new torque strut. I was thinking about doing the engine mount up top near the intake also. Only took me 4 days to get the torque strut. Probably have enough polyurethane to do 10 of these.

Ryephile
07-04-2013, 01:24 AM
Is that a familiar username I spot, Ryan? I go by another name on some forums, Not-so-rednwhitecooper. Didn't know you'd bought a 500. Still have any MINI stuff going on?

Anywho, I bought a pound of 80a, and I don't have anything else to use it for, really. I'm going to talk to the parts manager on Friday and see if he has any in stock or if he can get me any in the near future.

Small world, good to see you here! :) The Abarth is the new Cooper S, IMO. I still hang with the MINI crowd as they're good people and I've been part of it for so long. Keep me in the loop on this idea here.

deathshead
07-24-2013, 09:45 AM
I'm down for a torque arm insert, assuming the durometer isn't absurd. Just something to take the bulk of the slop out of the stock setup and not add NVH enough for my passengers to assume the engine is hard-mounted.

As Meatloaf says, "You took the words right out of my mouth" lol

solid mounts are awesome, until you put your kid or wife in the car....