PDA

View Full Version : ROAD/RACE- Down Pipes that count!

Pages : [1] 2

RoadRace
07-03-2013, 07:29 PM
We are proud to announce our Down Pipe Duo for the Abarth and 500T are about ready. First release will be the RRM CLUB SPORTIVO Down Pipe. We will show this for now. It will be a perfect fitting High Flow Down Pipe. Understand, this is what most people will want for their daily drivers because it is not completely open and Hella Loud. With our exhausts, an open downpipe will cause you to have a loud, loud setup and of course a CEL. This Unit should beat both of these drawbacks. Made with actual Garrett V-Band Flange and a slightly larger exhaust side flange, this will work with stock exhausts or upgrade sized systems. At the heart of the unit is a Micro High Flow cat converter. This is the key. We are also looking at some optional add ons if need be. I will explain that as soon as i have pictures of these. Otherwise, we are all bout choices. We will also have a fully open Down Pipe. This will be RRM'S CORSA DOWN PIPE. Pictures of that soon. We will start taking orders in a week or so but just want to explain the details (that count.)

ROAD/RACE

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8385/8580126233_2f97ab9fdd_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/8580126233/)
Fiat Downpipe (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/8580126233/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

mrhoopy
07-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Can you please post a video for sound purposes when you get a chance, thank you

Tweak
07-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Still hoping someone can release one that can also eliminate the CEL, other than that though I glad to see another option come to market.

Mr. Man
07-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Price estimates?

RoadRace
07-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Still hoping someone can release one that can also eliminate the CEL, other than that though I glad to see another option come to market.

We will have our electronic CEL eliminator ready soon. Didn't want to say it yet but the circuit board is already done. We have thought this out and do it for our other cars too.

ROAD/RACE

Abarth Five O
07-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Sweet!! Much anticipated from R/R! Now the tough decision for me i.e. which one to buy, Sportivo or Corsa? Look forward to video clips of both versions hooked up to the R/R rear axle exhaust system. Thanks R/R!

Crossfirecat
07-03-2013, 11:31 PM
That sir, is a piece of art! Absolutely beautiful! I'm glad I held off and waited on my down pipe. Looks like I know what to tell the wife to get me for my 40th next week! biggrinparty

13VaAbarth
07-03-2013, 11:36 PM
Yea price and sound clip on a stock exhaust Abarth would be what I want to know.

Mr. Man
07-04-2013, 05:46 AM
Soooo, when are you guys going to do a mid pipe? :D

808Abarth
07-04-2013, 06:19 AM
yeyyyy

James Hunt
07-04-2013, 09:14 AM
We will have our electronic CEL eliminator ready soon. Didn't want to say it yet but the circuit board is already done. We have thought this out and do it for our other cars too.

ROAD/RACE

Will you sell this cel eliminator without the downpipe?

Wiseguy
07-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Is the RRM CLUB SPORTIVO Down Pipe comes with 200 cell cat or higher?

Ryephile
07-04-2013, 10:43 AM
We are proud to announce our Down Pipe Duo for the Abarth and 500T are about ready. First release will be the RRM CLUB SPORTIVO Down Pipe. We will show this for now. It will be a perfect fitting High Flow Down Pipe. Understand, this is what most people will want for their daily drivers because it is not completely open and Hella Loud. With our exhausts, an open downpipe will cause you to have a loud, loud setup and of course a CEL. This Unit should beat both of these drawbacks. Made with actual Garrett V-Band Flange and a slightly larger exhaust side flange, this will work with stock exhausts or upgrade sized systems. At the heart of the unit is a Micro High Flow cat converter. .....

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8385/8580126233_2f97ab9fdd_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/8580126233/)
Fiat Downpipe (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/8580126233/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

I don't recognize that catalytic converter. It's not a Magnaflow, ACAT, Random, Vibrant, Flowmaster, etc.. Is it 49 state EPA? Also, is it used in other offerings have some sort of proven longevity record? The downpipe looks good until we get to the cat, which frankly looks like a cheap piece of crap.

How about materials? Is the tubing 2.5" and 304SS? Based on the weld aesthetic you're using all mild-steel. I hope the ground-down weld is just a test and the salable products will have professional welding?

Tweak
07-04-2013, 12:32 PM

ROAD/RACE

This I like! Thanks. :cool:

shagghie
07-04-2013, 02:00 PM
What brand of cat is that? maybe you could switch to ACAT, mil.spec or similar for the production runs?
Is that silver paint?
what is the diameter?
What steel is used for the main section?
Flanges look good. Price ranges?

Abarth Five O
07-04-2013, 03:22 PM
I don't recognize that catalytic converter. It's not a Magnaflow, ACAT, Random, Vibrant, Flowmaster, etc.. Is it 49 state EPA? Also, is it used in other offerings have some sort of proven longevity record? The downpipe looks good until we get to the cat, which frankly looks like a cheap piece of crap.

How about materials? Is the tubing 2.5" and 304SS? Based on the weld aesthetic you're using all mild-steel. I hope the ground-down weld is just a test and the salable products will have professional welding?

Lighten up dude, let's not pass judgement before giving our vendors the opportunity to provide more details.

charliesheen
07-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Can you please post a video for sound purposes when you get a chance, thank you

Sweet!! Much anticipated from R/R! Now the tough decision for me i.e. which one to buy, Sportivo or Corsa? Look forward to video clips of both versions hooked up to the R/R rear axle exhaust system. Thanks R/R!

Yea price and sound clip on a stock exhaust Abarth would be what I want to know.

yesss...HD sound clips PLZZZ (on stock exhaust)

James Hunt
07-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Lighten up dude, let's not pass judgement before giving our vendors the opportunity to provide more details.

Rye just wants to make sure we don't get Riss Racing quality.

I was the one who outted those Bozos on NAM.LOL

Tweak
07-05-2013, 01:14 AM
Can someone explain what is meant by Riss Racing and Bozos on NAM?

Also, Ryephile, left a msg trying to understand your position on the other forum...same here, help me understand if you would please, thanks!

NORCAL SS
07-05-2013, 02:24 AM
wondering how much louder this makes the car?? looks like ill be getting another vibrant resonator lol.

ALso im used to LS cars but will this require a tune to not lean out engine?

808Abarth
07-05-2013, 03:47 AM
What brand of cat is that? maybe you could switch to ACAT, mil.spec or similar for the production runs?
Is that silver paint?
what is the diameter?
What steel is used for the main section?
Flanges look good. Price ranges?

x2 :smokin:

MAZ
07-05-2013, 11:07 AM
I hope the ground-down weld is just a test and the salable products will have professional welding?
I'll agree that ground welds don't show very well. Perhaps that picture is of the mock up/test fit.
I'm sure that RRM will have a cleaned up and final version for sale.

NORCAL SS
07-05-2013, 11:14 AM
I tig/mig weld i just hope the finished welds look better and have some questions on what the cat is other than that looks good.

Here goes my welds for the hx tank I make for the 09 up ctsv's. Can we get them close to this?? id pay more for a cleaner looking weld also
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a104/NORCALSTI/11%20CTSV/20121223_163322.jpg

James Hunt
07-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Can someone explain what is meant by Riss Racing and Bozos on NAM?

Also, Ryephile, left a msg trying to understand your position on the other forum...same here, help me understand if you would please, thanks!

Riss Racing scammed 100s of mini owners with sub par products and product that never worked or shipped. Downpipes and exhaust made in china, cel modules that never worked.

I understand RRM is not Riss but a lot of people still have a bad taste in their mouth.

Jjm4life
07-05-2013, 04:25 PM
NorCal those are some nice welds.

Judging by the welds on my rrm chassis braces i gotta assume the pics posted are prototypes

Tweak
07-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Riss Racing scammed 100s of mini owners with sub par products and product that never worked or shipped. Downpipes and exhaust made in china, cel modules that never worked.

I understand RRM is not Riss but a lot of people still have a bad taste in their mouth.

Thank you! So much better when what you read makes sense.

deathshead
07-05-2013, 11:56 PM

Another reason why I'm going with a 100cel cat in a good midpipe. Much easier to swap out if something dosent workout.
My theory is keep the downpipe open as possible, then introduce/experiment with a no restriction in a good flowing midpipe.

Placement in the midpipe should be no problem, check out the assetto corse cars, their cat is allll the way back right in front of the rear axle, many rally cars also run their cats all them way back where a typical "fart can" would go.

Have an issue with the car in the downpipe itself and you have to pull the whole pipe, have good welding skills and rig or pay someone a lot of money..

Also about the sound of a fully catless setup.
They can be loud. But I ended up going with a tiny vibrant ss resonator, the body of it is like 8-9". I was just at my dealer today to get my side skirt fixed and they were selling a Grigio Abarth. At idle, and backing in and out of the parking lot loudness wise mines about the same, but my car catless with the tiny resonator just sounds meaner, deeper and more rally/race car. But it's totally manageable day to day.

My car sounds so much deeper. An almost old school v8 exotic tone when you get on it.

I'm going to ditch the resonator for the 100 cell I think for a little more turbo whistle,and a little more hollow. and once tunes come around I can still shoot huge flames and pass visual.

RoadRace
07-06-2013, 12:34 AM
I have not seen comments like "Rise Racing" or whatever. Wherever that is, I will take high road about it. We have a resume that is quite prestigous and we are proud of that. Many people know our client list and the parts we have pioneered over the years.

As for the Down Pipe, I will clarify a few things. This one pictured, is a prototype part. The production part will look different in a few ways that are hard to see. Welding is one thing, the ring at the top (V band) will be a CNCed piece. There is also some shielding that will be included too. It is not pictured. I really do not think there will be anything better. Maybe the same, but not better. The CEL eliminator will be sold separately so anyone can utilize it on either of our downpipes or someone elses.

ROAD/RACE

Tweak
07-06-2013, 12:43 AM
I have not seen comments like "Rise Racing" or whatever. Wherever that is, I will take high road about it. We have a resume that is quite prestigous and we are proud of that. Many people know our client list and the parts we have pioneered over the years.

As for the Down Pipe, I will clarify a few things. This one pictured, is a prototype part. The production part will look different in a few ways that are hard to see. Welding is one thing, the ring at the top (V band) will be a CNCed piece. There is also some shielding that will be included too. It is not pictured. I really do not think there will be anything better. Maybe the same, but not better. The CEL eliminator will be sold separately so anyone can utilize it on either of our downpipes or someone elses.

ROAD/RACE

Thanks for clearing things up, I'm sure many will be happy to see this option on the market.

Mr. Man
07-06-2013, 03:24 AM
Can't wait!

dart1.4t
07-06-2013, 03:52 AM
I tig/mig weld i just hope the finished welds look better and have some questions on what the cat is other than that looks good.

Here goes my welds for the hx tank I make for the 09 up ctsv's. Can we get them close to this?? id pay more for a cleaner looking weld also
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a104/NORCALSTI/11%20CTSV/20121223_163322.jpg

i welded in the airforce. mostly on dirty "Air/Ground Equipment" i do a lot of aluminum and some exotic alloys and i'd say you've got some skills to lay down that bead on aluminum. great heat control and a steady hand. the exhaust should be much easier to get looking good than that weld. especially if they build a self rotating fixture for the tig welder with a speed control, heck a robot welder could even be built to do tig welding with mig wire. we have one where i work and it's nothing i couldn't do with some stepper motors, chinese controllers, and free cnc software.

nojeebs
07-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Been busy as hell but I do enjoy coming back to the boards and seeing new products popping up. Hopefully we'll get all the details on this piece.

RoadRace
07-09-2013, 11:21 AM
I have talked to our fabricator about the 2 versions of the downpipe. In both instances, he insists that the material used be a thick wall steel. He has been building pieces like this for 40 years so I defer to him for details. If a light gauge were to be used like what has been seen on this proto and on units shown by some other companies, he will not warranty these parts. Built his way though he will warranty these units for us. That is good enough for me. These parts are not unlike other turbo related parts we make, like tubular manifolds so we will follow his formula, then ceramic coat them and then add another layer of heat protection. Lets wait to show you a production piece. That should be ready in a few weeks. A catted version will be the first one made available. The open design dp will shortly follow along with the electronic CEL eliminator. Most guys will want this one with a HF cat just because of the noise an open system makes with most open exhausts people own.

ROAD/RACE

Ryephile
07-09-2013, 01:30 PM
I have talked to our fabricator about the 2 versions of the downpipe. In both instances, he insists that the material used be a thick wall steel. He has been building pieces like this for 40 years so I defer to him for details. If a light gauge were to be used like what has been seen on this proto and on units shown by some other companies, he will not warranty these parts. Built his way though he will warranty these units for us. That is good enough for me. These parts are not unlike other turbo related parts we make, like tubular manifolds so we will follow his formula, then ceramic coat them and then add another layer of heat protection. Lets wait to show you a production piece. That should be ready in a few weeks. A catted version will be the first one made available. The open design dp will shortly follow along with the electronic CEL eliminator. Most guys will want this one with a HF cat just because of the noise an open system makes with most open exhausts people own.

ROAD/RACE

Why does your fabricator think "thick wall" is necessary for an exhaust pipe? OEM's use in the range of 16 to 18 gauge 304SS for pieces like this with zero defects.

MAZ
07-09-2013, 03:09 PM
I'd expect the units will be of 16g 304 (sch10?) just like most downpipes, with 1/2" flanges?

Ryephile
07-09-2013, 03:57 PM
I'd expect the units will be of 16g 304 (sch10?) just like most downpipes, with 1/2" flanges?

I'd expect that too. FYI Schedule 10 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nominal_Pipe_Size) is 0.120" inch wall thickness on 2.5" ID pipe. 16 gauge stainless (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheet_metal#Gauge) is 0.063". IMO if they were able to get the vibration modes correct along with a good flex bellows, 18 gauge 304SS that's ceramic coated would be a smart materials choice and very light.

RoadRace
07-13-2013, 09:53 AM
I do not know exactly what gauge he plans to use so we might be talking in the same ranges of thickness and not even know it. That said, he has made 10s of 1000s of parts and he know what happens under the loads than we want to push on a parts like this. OEM is making a part that boosts in the teens. We have always boosted well past what an OE does (600 h.p. EVOs at 30 psi or whatever.) These parts will be able to handle 30 psi of boost and still be a part that he will warranty. What kills a downpipe is not the heat really. What kills one is the cycling between hot and cold. A race car d.p. can actually last longer than one made for the street. Race cars tend to stay hot until the car is turned off and that is it. Street cars heat cycle from traffic to stoplight to stoplight. That is what will cause steel to expand and contract, hence developing a crack. We have made so many turbo parts over the years, ourselves, we know how this works and we know what to avoid when making something that needs to last on the street or on the track. One other way to explain this is that a TRACK only Down Pipe will not last on the STREET. A STREET Down Pipe will last on the TRACK. Maybe that clears it up and helps people understand.

ROAD/RACE

musicsurf
07-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Do you guys know what kind of cat you will be using yet?

RoadRace
07-15-2013, 10:57 AM
We have couple of choices of cat still to decide. Remember downpipes is really not and exhaust pipe. It is the section that is bolted directly to the turbo and therefore it goes through extreme heat cycles. This is why it is a separate piece on most any turbo. It needs to have special attributes. Once an "EXHAUST PIPE" from a turbo in a couple feet away, then the piping can have the traditional characteristics that we have come to expect from experience. It then can be the same as exhausts on N/A engines or whatever gas engine but the first couple feet need to be special.

ROAD/RACE

Ryephile
07-15-2013, 11:44 AM
I do not know exactly what gauge he plans to use so we might be talking in the same ranges of thickness and not even know it. That said, he has made 10s of 1000s of parts and he know what happens under the loads than we want to push on a parts like this. OEM is making a part that boosts in the teens. We have always boosted well past what an OE does (600 h.p. EVOs at 30 psi or whatever.) These parts will be able to handle 30 psi of boost and still be a part that he will warranty. What kills a downpipe is not the heat really. What kills one is the cycling between hot and cold. A race car d.p. can actually last longer than one made for the street. Race cars tend to stay hot until the car is turned off and that is it. Street cars heat cycle from traffic to stoplight to stoplight. That is what will cause steel to expand and contract, hence developing a crack. We have made so many turbo parts over the years, ourselves, we know how this works and we know what to avoid when making something that needs to last on the street or on the track. One other way to explain this is that a TRACK only Down Pipe will not last on the STREET. A STREET Down Pipe will last on the TRACK. Maybe that clears it up and helps people understand.

ROAD/RACE

Mother of God. Bolded the contradiction.

If you're trying to explain that you have a comprehension and practical wisdom of thermal expansion, prove it. Your prototype picture shows no slip-joint and no flex-bellows. Your Suzuki SX4 header and shows no application of thermal expansion wisdom. Ditto your RRE Evo 8/9 and Evo X downpipe.

Remember downpipes is really not and exhaust pipe. It is the section that is bolted directly to the turbo and therefore it goes through extreme heat cycles. This is why it is a separate piece on most any turbo. It needs to have special attributes.

Then why do your other marques offerings (Evo X here (http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evox/parts/mxpdownpipe/xdp.jpg), Evo 8/9 here (http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/downpipe.htm)) show very simple exhaust tubing marketed as down-pipes? Your wording also contradicting many OEM down-pipe designs, which all do far more extreme durability testing than you have the resources to do. That said, your end products aren't much different than OEM, just bigger diameter and missing flex bellows.

With any luck you'll take this as constructive criticism from someone within the OEM automotive industry and apply it to create future successful products.

trevc
07-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Ryephile - you should start a company and produce a high-flow cat down-pipe for us Abarth and T owners.

Ryephile
07-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Ryephile - you should start a company and produce a high-flow cat down-pipe for us Abarth and T owners.

It's possible that aftermarket parts may not interfere with my non-compete clause; I'll have to look into that. Years ago I did MINI Cooper aftermarket just for fun, until it wasn't fun anymore.

I'd rather consult behind the scenes, but many companies are too bull-headed and ignorant to want to make legit quality parts. Not to de-rail RR's thread here; there is tons of good wisdom out there for competent exhaust design. Nobody needs to invent anything new here with the 500's exhaust system, just apply good design practices.

I think part of the problem here is the Fiat aftermarket community is treated like a half-joking side job instead of garnering the relatively rare good talent that does populate the automotive aftermarket. Road/Race being in SoCal has literally no logical excuses to not tap the barrage of wisdom and talent to make a great downpipe that's light-weight, offers competent thermal expansion characteristics, does a good job converting radial turbine flow to laminar flow through the exhaust system, and build it out of materials that will survive the rust-belt, not to mention can pass any emissions sniffer test.

Fiat500USA
07-16-2013, 12:54 AM
A couple of points to consider. First, there was NO real aftermarket for these cars a year or so ago. It is a tiny, tiny, tiny market that is growing. Second, Road Race has been around for years and their products have a good reputation. They have even prepared cars for the OEMs, so they have experience in what they are doing and their stuff works. Of course, everyone has an opinion on what is best and a well respected an engineer once told me " engineers always feel that their solution is the best solution." Just as something can be under-engineered, a product can be over-engineered. The solution has to meet a range of criteria, and it is only natural that there will be multiple ways to satisfy a challenge. Ultimately, we get to pick the solution that meets our own criteria when we make a purchase. Having choices is a good thing.

deathshead
07-16-2013, 08:45 AM
But this tiny tiny market is HUGE considering the Dart (and now the 500L) runs the same drivetrain minus transmission, but are still separate teams in terms of talent involved and aftermarket.

RoadRace
07-16-2013, 11:31 AM
A couple of points to consider. First, there was NO real aftermarket for these cars a year or so ago. It is a tiny, tiny, tiny market that is growing. Second, Road Race has been around for years and their products have a good reputation. They have even prepared cars for the OEMs, so they have experience in what they are doing and their stuff works. Of course, everyone has an opinion on what is best and a well respected an engineer once told me " engineers always feel that their solution is the best solution." Just as something can be under-engineered, a product can be over-engineered. The solution has to meet a range of criteria, and it is only natural that there will be multiple ways to satisfy a challenge. Ultimately, we get to pick the solution that meets our own criteria when we make a purchase. Having choices is a good thing.

Thanks. We have been tuning TURBO FWD cars for 20 years. It has been 15 years or so since we won Pikes Peak with a FWD Eclipse. Since then we have won numerous championships. That is WORK. We have tons of experience and it does bother us when people do not acknowledge this. Another thing is that they do not realize that other companies popped up when the car (FIAT) popped up. This is a big deal.

It is a sad thing because they project an aurora of experience and accomplishment. They , of course, just do not have what it takes (YET). When they do, then they will know the cars and customers will benefit. Otherwise we have to keep our waiting for this to happen. The community will benefit then. I am OK with that. We are not afraid of competition. Maybe they are afraid but.........

We will keep working our hardest to make what makes sense for the cars and thus keep things competitive. Others wish we were not here so that , by now, THey would have a monopoly. Customers would suffer. More to come on this. Some other materials arrived yesterday.

Thanks ROAD/RACE

Fiat500USA
07-16-2013, 11:50 AM
But this tiny tiny market is HUGE considering the Dart (and now the 500L) runs the same drivetrain minus transmission, but are still separate teams in terms of talent involved and aftermarket.

True, it is growing. The point I was trying to make was that the whole aftermarket thing for the cars is still new and little more than a year old.

For some coming from established makes that have been around for years, the Fiat aftermarket is not going to be at the same level of what they may be used to. New products are steadily coming, but we are still at or near the beginning.

shagghie
07-16-2013, 11:59 AM
True, it is growing. The point I was trying to make was that the whole aftermarket thing for the cars is still new and little more than a year old.

For some coming from established makes that have been around for years, the Fiat aftermarket is not going to be at the same level of what they may be used to. New products are steadily coming, but we are still at or near the beginning.

I think the other very happy thing that is happening, is you're seeing a lot of the classic Fiat nuts get excited about this car, and the tuning community for classic Fiats is bleeding over into the 'neu' 500. The one good thing about that? Most of the classic fiat and abarth tuning enthusiasts I know are some of the most intelligent and out of the box engineers and gear heads I've ever known. Guys getting 400hp out of a '72 1.8L fiat four-cylinder, for example. Or my own Dad that has one of the most fully built 124's in the country. Or Lynn Hanover...the guy that builds wankle engines from the ground up and then builds a race-car around it and the driver as he goes... same guy built some of the fastest SCCA 124 Spiders in history in the 70's and 80's with the Native Tan team. Or guys like Ryephile, whom we are blessed to have in our forums and is always willing/wanting to help others improve their expertise and products. I have no idea if Ryephile has ever owned a classic Fiat, but he owns a Lotus so at least he knows what 'small but wicked' means in a car. :-p

Crossfirecat
07-17-2013, 05:06 PM
I'd prefer functionality, durability, appearance in that order! Will there be provisions to retain the OEM heat shields on the catted version?

Mr. Man
07-17-2013, 07:24 PM
I'd prefer functionality, durability, appearance in that order! Will there be provisions to retain the OEM heat shields on the catted version?

I second that statement

Abarth Five O
07-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Can't wait for the final release of R/R Sportivo hi flow cell cat DP. Should be a winner!

MAZ
07-18-2013, 08:48 AM
In terms on welding, better appearance is reflective of a quality product.
If a weld is all fugly, it isn't going to last.
(I'm not saying that RRM's are fugly)

Sales@roadrace
08-02-2013, 05:07 PM
We're coming to a close on finishing up our downpipes for the Fiat! In the process of getting them coated so they'll be ready for the public by next week!

Sales@roadrace
08-03-2013, 04:57 PM
We took a pre-order today for our Downpipe w/ Micro High Flow cat converter. We will be offering a special deal for those that would like to pre-order our catted-downpipe. Call and ask for Rob for details on the special. We are confident this is the right piece for the Fiat 500 Abarth and 500T owners. 562-906-0080 or call us toll-free at 855-891-1898

The downpipes should be arriving this next-coming week and will be ceramic coated. Can't wait to see some Abarth/500T owners with our down pipe.

Abarth Five O
08-04-2013, 02:52 AM
How much? HP gain? Guaranteed fitment and no CELs? Look forward to seeing pics.

RoadRace
08-04-2013, 04:44 PM
How much? HP gain? Guaranteed fitment and no CELs? Look forward to seeing pics.

Expect 10% gains in power. THe change has everything to do with the other mods you have, i.e. if you have our ECM, you have the highest boost of any of the ECMs. That means it will make more power than with other ECMs. Any vendor, claiming a "number" is not really representing anything that relates directly to the masses. I think you get it. Remember this has a Highflow 200 cel CAT. It does what it is supposed to do. A full open setup is TOO LOUD. THe "CEL Eliminators" might not be enough but look at the wording and instead of telling people what to think, they write a "lawyer type" description. Guaranteed fitment and warranted not to crack. The SS units out there will crack, NOT IF, but when. The SS is a race car only type of material because they stay hot then cool off once. A street car cycles too much and therefore, and thicker stronger material is what is called out and the company that makes for us said they would warrant these so long as we let them use the materials they want to use. I let them therefore, these are the only ones on the market that will actually have a warranty on them. Everything else on the market will get the whole "OFF HIGHWAY USE" label and be treated as not warranted because of that. I will check on what my production guy says is the duration they will warrant. Otherwise we will cover some of the things. With RRM you have nothing to worry about. I cannot say the same for other companies. I am thinking they will have no warranty. OH yea, I forgot ours are ceramic coated too. We address the HEAT ISSUE. None of the other ones do address heat.

ROAD/RACE

James Hunt
08-04-2013, 05:45 PM
have your current ecu piggyback and want to upgrade to the new one along with your downpipe.also want the carbonfiber front lip.

Have access to a dynojet and can post results and photos of install.

mneuman916
08-04-2013, 06:55 PM
have your current ecu piggyback and want to upgrade to the new one along with your downpipe.also want the carbonfiber front lip.

Have access to a dynojet and can post results and photos of install.

If you decide to sell your current ecu let me know! :rockon:

NORCAL SS
08-04-2013, 07:36 PM
how about a 2.5 exit option?

James Hunt
08-05-2013, 09:27 AM
If you decide to sell your current ecu let me know! :rockon:

Ok

Ryephile
08-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Expect 10% gains in power. THe change has everything to do with the other mods you have, i.e. if you have our ECM, you have the highest boost of any of the ECMs. That means it will make more power than with other ECMs. Any vendor, claiming a "number" is not really representing anything that relates directly to the masses. I think you get it. Remember this has a Highflow 200 cel CAT. It does what it is supposed to do. A full open setup is TOO LOUD. THe "CEL Eliminators" might not be enough but look at the wording and instead of telling people what to think, they write a "lawyer type" description. Guaranteed fitment and warranted not to crack. The SS units out there will crack, NOT IF, but when. The SS is a race car only type of material because they stay hot then cool off once. A street car cycles too much and therefore, and thicker stronger material is what is called out and the company that makes for us said they would warrant these so long as we let them use the materials they want to use. I let them therefore, these are the only ones on the market that will actually have a warranty on them. Everything else on the market will get the whole "OFF HIGHWAY USE" label and be treated as not warranted because of that. I will check on what my production guy says is the duration they will warrant. Otherwise we will cover some of the things. With RRM you have nothing to worry about. I cannot say the same for other companies. I am thinking they will have no warranty. OH yea, I forgot ours are ceramic coated too. We address the HEAT ISSUE. None of the other ones do address heat.

ROAD/RACE

bsflag

Oh dear.

dylansi
08-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Going to order one...waiting for a call back now.

Need to cancel my ACAT order, placed it three weeks ago just called and said this is a common problem with that company and wanted me to choose a different cat.

deathshead
08-05-2013, 03:32 PM
bsflag

Oh dear.

Yes, please explain what that's supposed to mean guys.

MAZ
08-06-2013, 11:36 AM
The SS units out there will crack, NOT IF, but when.
Someone correct me, but doesn't the entire world use 304ss for downpipes/headers?

NORCAL SS
08-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Yes. Stainless all my headers and downpipes on my cars no issues. If its welded right and still using flex joint in exhaust it wont crack. Not sure why he said this??

Jjm4life
08-06-2013, 03:37 PM
+1

Never seen a good quality ss exhaust part fail. header downpipe, cat back. My entire motorcycle exhaust is hand made from stainless, into a Ti muffler. No issues whatsoever.

RoadRace
08-06-2013, 06:29 PM
bsflag

Oh dear.

I agree to disagree and call B.S. that is not qualified in anyway. You do not know sources of materials unless you do metallurgical tests. Material is not exactly the issue. People are not always using 304. Prove that. And prove that it is a proper thickness for the fuel and heat cycle Characteristics of the Abarth under higher than stock boost levels. B.S. calls reverse B.S. Sorry. lets leave it there. Agree to disagree. Oh dear oh my.

ROAD/RACE

NORCAL SS
08-06-2013, 07:09 PM
your dong the sourcing so get it in stainless. man i was all for this till that last comment you said oh well.

RoadRace
08-06-2013, 10:07 PM
I would love to have you speak to my production guy. I specked SS. He told me over and over this way is best and that in SS it will be good for a race car but for a street car that heat cycles so much, the material he is using is much better and that he will warranty these unit made the way he specs them. In SS he will NOT warranty them. I have to defer to someone that made 1000s of manifolds and Downpipes over 30+ years. He is more expert than all of us. He does not care what we build with but he does want us all to benefit from his years of experience. Thus this made with every possible feature and concern addressed by making them the way he specs this part. I am going to have to defer to him. I trust him. He has made all my turbo manifold and downpipe for the last 10 years. I think we are all in good hands. They are made here in the USA and in small handmade batches, not mass produced.

ROAD/RACE

dylansi
08-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Im calling tomorrow to claim one and get an accurate shipping estimate. If it ships tomorrow I will recieve it Saturday and be able to easily install. I cant wait to get this.

When is the best time to call?

NORCAL SS
08-06-2013, 10:18 PM
what I don't get is you say no stainless yet you guys make them for the evo???? is this a different builder that makes your downpipe for the evo??? can you get a hold of the guy that makes the stainless steel road race evo downpipe to see if he can do it for the abarth?

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evox.htm

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evox/parts/mxpdownpipe/xdp.jpg

Tweak
08-06-2013, 11:28 PM
I've spent a bit of time thinking about this one and decided instead of a PM I will just say this here.

I spoke with Chris the forum owner and we are seeing reported posts from members on the way in which you make your posts Ryephile, Chris and I agree a ban is not called for as you are questioning things and looking for more information but the way you are going about it is obviously an issue for some members. For the record Rob or anyone from Road Race hasn't mentioned a thing about it but I think they'd be happy to chat with anyone that has a question about a product. Sometimes though I think it is better to just call up and get the answers as they aren't always available here, I can agree with your desire for more information but your how you ask needs work. Please do try to keep that in check as a reported post is an indicator that someone has a problem or problems, this requires Chris or I (or Eli) to take some type of action but at some point enough becomes enough, thanks for reading and I do hope this is understood for what it is intended.

Abarth Five O
08-07-2013, 11:44 PM
Pics? Pricing? This is next on my mod list followed by FMIC.

dylansi
08-08-2013, 01:43 AM
Once I get the shipping quote I will be buying this...cant wait

RoadRace
08-08-2013, 10:45 AM
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2826/9462435436_a36ca996b7_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9462435436/)
RRM Fiat 500T/Abarth Downpipe (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9462435436/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7391/9462438486_450f273a0c_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9462438486/)
RRM Fiat 500T/Abarth Downpipe (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9462438486/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3831/9462433326_d351e4bd70_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9462433326/)
RRM Fiat 500T/Abarth Downpipe (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9462433326/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2818/9459649975_519990589e_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9459649975/)
RRM Fiat 500T/Abarth Downpipe (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9459649975/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

Here it is. You can see the great design, ceramic coating (a must for the FIAT DP) and the CNC machined V-Band Clamp. You do not see the .120 wall steel. This is key to the whole design and the reason that it will stand as the ONLY Down Pipe that will actually have a warranty against cracking. In the industry, no SS Down Pipes are warranted against cracking. RRM's Down Pipe will be the only one we know of. The Fiat has a special groove needed to mate properly without leaking. THe standard Garrett V- band Clamps we bought, leaked so this was made to EXACTLY simulate the FIAT piece. This is being sold and shipped for an introductory price now of $369. Regular price is $399 due to the fact that this has a Catalytic Converter and the expense dictates, we have done everything we know of to make it the BEST that can be made. There is no feature missing from the list of Features this DOWN PIPE has.
THE LIST

The quietest
The thickest
The best fitting
The coolest
The most native to your engine.

It is everything you need and nothing you do not need.

MADE IN THE USA.

ROAD/RACE

LittleEvil
08-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Very very nice.

RoadRace
08-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Promotional price ends Sunday. Call to order this at $369.

ROAD/RACE

Jjm4life
08-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Sure is pretty all ceramic coated.

Sound clip? Before/after Dyno runs?

Spool500
08-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Damn thats beautiful 2.25i exit correct? And how much does it weigh compared to stocm

RoadRace
08-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Wait on FMIC. We just built one. It is too big and looses pressure. This what everyone is building....... We are going to build another one for our car that is smaller and better suited for this car. Trust me, everything must work together Gary. Everyone needs to find the sweet spot or it is just money out the window. Everything I have seen to date (FMICs) are too large really for this engine/turbo combo. Real world it is too large and doing the formula/math it appears to be too large. We have the fix coming. FMICs that COUNT should be the name of that one too. :)

ROAD/RACE

BigT
08-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Man you guys make amazing looking products. Wish I had the bank roll to afford them all lol

musicsurf
08-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Looking forward to getting mine in. I will post some video after the install.

RoadRace
08-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Man you guys make amazing looking products. Wish I had the bank roll to afford them all lol

Thank you. We really do try our best and have the best resources at our fingertips. We make things once and the best we know how. Thnx Again.

deathshead
08-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Can you ask your Vendor to Add the 2 small ears as provisions for the stock heat shield?
Its silly not to run it.

NORCAL SS
08-08-2013, 01:11 PM
2 or 2.25 exit?

Abarth Five O
08-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Promotional price ends Sunday. Call to order this at $369.

ROAD/RACE

Thanks Rob! Will be calling you to place my order.

Abarth Five O
08-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Wait on FMIC. We just built one. It is too big and looses pressure. This what everyone is building....... We are going to build another one for our car that is smaller and better suited for this car. Trust me, everything must work together Gary. Everyone needs to find the sweet spot or it is just money out the window. Everything I have seen to date (FMICs) are too large really for this engine/turbo combo. Real world it is too large and doing the formula/math it appears to be too large. We have the fix coming. FMICs that COUNT should be the name of that one too. :)

ROAD/RACE

Thanks again Rob for your worldly advice. Patience, experience, and solid R&D = meaningful results , especially when you're dealing with a finicky motor like the 1.4L turbo MA. Look forward to seeing more news on your FMIC.

MAZ
08-08-2013, 02:22 PM
the ONLY Down Pipe that will actually have a warranty against cracking. In the industry, no SS Down Pipes are warranted against cracking. RRM's Down Pipe will be the only one we know of.
It sounds like you are stating that RRM is the only company who offers warranty on downpipes in the automotive industry which is misleading.
Lifetime warranty on ss aftermarket downpipes is commonplace.
I'm not way knocking the product, just that claim if I am reading it correctly.

NORCAL SS
08-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Who can I talk to to find out what exit size is on downpipe? Both forums wasnt answered when I asked??

GramCracker
08-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Who can I talk to to find out what exit size is on downpipe? Both forums wasnt answered when I asked??

I'm finding it very amusing that RR is making all these bold claims about their downpipe with no data presented yet to back themselves up.

deathshead
08-08-2013, 03:20 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/About/General/2010/6/30/1277895308207/Larry-King-Live-has-been--006.jpg
Gentlemen at Road Race.

I think some members are are getting confused by earlier statements here.
Please clarify.

diameter?

why no provision for stock heat shields?

ETA on electronic o2 sim?

This is mild steel and ceramic coated then?

Whens the midpipe coming out? the downpipe, while making a big bump in performance is still being bottlenecked
by the midpipe.

Will the customer only receive 1 sticker and a plastic license plate frame after spending over $650
and fedexing back the defective part on their own dime?

And go!.

musicsurf
08-08-2013, 03:51 PM

If you haven't gotten an answer by the time I get mine in I will give you the outlet size.

Other than the TMC DP, do any of the options have the provisions for the stock heat shield? It doesn't look like madness does from the pictures nor does ATP.

deathshead
08-08-2013, 03:54 PM
if you haven't gotten an answer by the time i get mine in i will give you the outlet size.

Other than the tmc dp, do any of the options have the provisions for the stock heat shield? It doesn't look like madness does from the pictures nor does atp.

nope.
Its just 2 small ears with slots in them, you bolt the lower heat shield on and install the pipe.

Abarth Five O
08-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Glad I ordered mine today as there's only a few more left for the special deal.

dylansi
08-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Glad I ordered mine today as there's only a few more left for the special deal.
Same here

Kurumi
08-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Must resist buying due to lack of funds. Curse you mods for making me want all the things.

RoadRace
08-08-2013, 09:27 PM
2 or 2.25 exit?

2.25 exit. That is what you need and that is all you need. 2.5 for these cars is not needed. This is going to work great.

Road/Race

Spool500
08-08-2013, 10:43 PM
ordered mine alil bit ago, my mods are in my sig, so I can let you guys know how it feels with what I got. hopefully it ships asap

dylansi
08-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Rob do you think this will benefit from being heat wrapped?

Also do you have any sound clips? Or give us an idea of the sound compared to a catless DP?

trevc
08-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Looks nice. What are the specs on the CAT please?

RoadRace
08-09-2013, 10:31 AM
WE are trying to do a sound clip. Maybe over the weekend. Our car is getting prepped for the Silver State Challenge so it is on DYNO etc.... We are running our new Stage 3 on it. So we do not have the car. From there, we will start a thread. As for wrap, it can benefit in fact, we are exploring an option but because of the ceramic coating, it should not be needed. Here is a picture. Again it is something optional perhaps. We will try to do a clip. The sound will be quite different. Hope these explain.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3814/9466092659_04c911074d_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9466092659/)
RRM Abarth/500T Downpipe Blanket (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9466092659/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7358/9466095191_1bf8b62aa4_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9466095191/)
RRM Abarth/500T Downpipe Blanket (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9466095191/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

Again this is an option. It this is an option.

Road///Race

Jjm4life
08-09-2013, 11:30 AM
In for before/after dyno runs... Preferably without your latest tune just for comparison sake if at all possible.

dylansi
08-09-2013, 01:57 PM
I have my DP now wrapped with the Titanium stuff. I plan on reusing that if it would benefit.

Abarth Five O
08-09-2013, 02:26 PM
I have my DP now wrapped with the Titanium stuff. I plan on reusing that if it would benefit.

The wrap would be an added benefit and optional for the R/R HF Cat DP as Rob indicated.

It looks like a winner for us street tuners: http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=118_119&products_id=1937

Looking forward to receiving it!

dylansi
08-09-2013, 02:44 PM
I guess I will. I have the midpipe wrapped also to keep the heat from the IC pipes. Has your tracking updated?

Rob - are the guts of the cat ceramic or metallic? Also does it come with new gaskets?

deathshead
08-09-2013, 03:15 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/About/General/2010/6/30/1277895308207/Larry-King-Live-has-been--006.jpg
Gentlemen at Road Race.

Please clarify.

diameter?

Whens the midpipe coming out? the downpipe, while making a big bump in performance is still being bottlenecked
by the midpipe.

And go!.

Anything on this?

Abarth Five O
08-09-2013, 04:16 PM
I guess I will. I have the midpipe wrapped also to keep the heat from the IC pipes. Has your tracking updated?

No tracking number yet, will f/u w/ them.

redred
08-09-2013, 04:50 PM
No tracking number yet, will f/u w/ them.

I could have brought it with me to Hawaii ;)

GramCracker
08-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Anything on this?

+1

As well as some proof/support of their bold claims.

dylansi
08-09-2013, 05:00 PM

That would have been nice!!!

Abarth Five O
08-09-2013, 05:59 PM

Shucks, wait a minute. If they haven't shipped it out yet, would it be possible? That would save me and Dylansi $75 each and we would gladly buy you dinner and beers.
Let me check w/ RR.

Abarth Five O
08-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Shucks, wait a minute. If they haven't shipped it out yet, would it be possible? That would save me and Dylansi $75 each and we would gladly buy you dinner and beers.
Let me check w/ RR.

Thanks for the offer Stacey, but it already shipped. Give me a call when you're in town.

dylansi
08-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Let me check w/ RR.

Yea we should have done that. We could have split the shipping and I would have paypal'd you the money

Abarth Five O
08-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Yea we should have done that. We could have split the shipping and I would have paypal'd you the money

May be on the next purchase? FMIC?

dylansi
08-09-2013, 06:34 PM
I dont think the gains would be worth the money at this point. I am going to wait for a full tune then I think the FMIC would be worth it. Anything else?

dylansi
08-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Are you sure they shipped? My tracking number shows only a label was made and has not been dropped at USPS. I just checked

Abarth Five O
08-09-2013, 07:42 PM
I dont think the gains would be worth the money at this point. I am going to wait for a full tune then I think the FMIC would be worth it. Anything else?
Nobody has yet been able to crack the code for a custom tune. It'll be awhile, imo. R/R is coming out with a new power pack piggyback ecu w/ higher boost and gains than their current box.

Abarth Five O
08-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Are you sure they shipped? My tracking number shows only a label was made and has not been dropped at USPS. I just checked

Same here

dylansi
08-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Nobody has yet been able to crack the code for a custom tune. I'll be awhile, imo. R/R is coming out with a new power pack piggyback ecu w/ higher boost and gains than their current box.
That may be something to consider

Same here

Soooooo why cant we combine shipping? maybe save $25 a piece or more.

Spool500
08-09-2013, 09:17 PM

I always give USPS or UPS a day to update, more often than not I find them alil behind. especially if shipped on a Friday. Mine was shipped UPS btw.

RoadRace
08-11-2013, 07:17 PM
THey take a day or 2 for both. Everything should have left Friday that could have left. All I can say is wait for the rest. Look at the complementing components.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5511/9475891294_e81233dfcc_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9475891294/)
Thermal wrap (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9475891294/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

Needless to say, the blanket on the right side is our improved thermal blanket. It will only complement the downpipe even though it is the only one on the market that is ceramic coated. That speaks volumes to the attention to detail. Thanks

ROAD/RACE

Abarth Five O
08-11-2013, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE/] Needless to say, the blanket on the right side is our improved thermal blanket. It will only complement the downpipe even though it is the only one on the market that is ceramic coated. That speaks volumes to the attention to detail. Thanks

ROAD/RACE [QUOTE/]

Sooo...do you recommend your upcoming DP thermal jacket/sleeve? Or will the turbo blanket and ceramic coating be sufficient for my application?

deathshead
08-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Gentlemen at Road Race.

Please clarify.

diameter?

by the midpipe.

And go!.

Rob, DC
How many times do we have to ask the same questions over and over before we get an answer? Im thinking about possibly upgrading my tmc catless downpipe in the future..

RoadRace
08-12-2013, 09:48 AM
I have posted some of this info.

Please clarify.

diameter?

by the midpipe.

1. Diameter is 2.25 inch
2. Not true in a sense. All upper heat shields still connect. Lower shields are not needed because of the CERAMIC COATING that we do.
3. Electronic CEL is almost done but not needed with this D.P. It is only needed with competitor's DP or if we proceed with our own thickwall ceramic coated Catless DP. NOT NEED WITH RRM HF DP.
4. Midpipe will come but only after we PROVE it is the bottleneck that matters. Otherwise the smaller tubing size leads us all to believe it but how will it matter in performance? That I want to prove out. Not just make another $200 piece for nothing. I hope you understand. IF you are not boosting enough, this perceived bottle neck is just that, "perceived." Thanks.

ROAD/RACE

deathshead
08-12-2013, 10:11 AM
I have posted some of this info.

Please clarify.

diameter?

by the midpipe.

1. Diameter is 2.25 inch
2. Not true in a sense. All upper heat shields still connect. Lower shields are not needed because of the CERAMIC COATING that we do.
3. Electronic CEL is almost done but not needed with this D.P. It is only needed with competitor's DP or if we proceed with our own thickwall ceramic coated Catless DP. NOT NEED WITH RRM HF DP.
4. Midpipe will come but only after we PROVE it is the bottleneck that matters. Otherwise the smaller tubing size leads us all to believe it but how will it matter in performance? That I want to prove out. Not just make another $200 piece for nothing. I hope you understand. IF you are not boosting enough, this perceived bottle neck is just that, "perceived." Thanks.

ROAD/RACE

Thanks for the update Gentlemen!

NORCAL SS
08-14-2013, 04:03 AM
anyone here do before/after dyno pulls with the downpipe?

FTY
08-14-2013, 11:38 AM
anyone here do before/after dyno pulls with the downpipe?

Did you call him yet?

Your in the industry, give him a ring and discuss what info you need/want.

Ryephile
08-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Did you call him yet?

Your in the industry, give him a ring and discuss what info you need/want.

Dyno graphs don't display through an earpiece. Calling them doesn't post a dyno graph. His question is simple and a phone call does not help the situation.

deathshead
08-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Im getting tired of the catless downpipe stink,
But not sure if this is a good option for me or not, The catless
downpipe made a HUGE difference in performance over stock,

Decisions, decisions,

The cat in this unit is a 200 cell metallic core, NOT ceramic correct?
Was really hoping to run a 100 cell for more flow.

musicsurf
08-14-2013, 02:51 PM
I took the plunge on it and will be getting it in tomorrow morning and installing it as soon as my car cools down. I plan on taking some video and giving my initial impressions after taking it for a little romp around town and on I95.

dylansi
08-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Im getting tired of the catless downpipe stink,
But not sure if this is a good option for me or not, The catless
downpipe made a HUGE difference in performance over stock,

Decisions, decisions,

The cat in this unit is a 200 cell metallic core, NOT ceramic correct?
Was really hoping to run a 100 cell for more flow.
have mine now...may put it on Friday. Not sure yet.

Will let you know the difference between my TMC DP and this one.

I asked if this was a metallic DP or ceramic also (post #104 in this thread), no answer, but from seeing it I am pretty sure it is ceramic.

DIVSAbarth500
08-14-2013, 10:55 PM
I asked if this was a metallic DP or ceramic also (post #104 in this thread), no answer, but from seeing it I am pretty sure it is ceramic.

Am I crazy or was it not stated already that it is ceramic coated?

Tweak
08-14-2013, 11:33 PM
Am I crazy or was it not stated already that it is ceramic coated?

But the reply here relates to the core, not the actual unit. Someone post a dyno please so this can finally die already! Thanks!

dylansi
08-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Crazy! HAHA.

The pipe is ceramic coated to keep the heat in or away from other parts of the car, which ever way you want to see it, has nothing to do with the material the cat is filled with.

I just wrote "metallic DP or ceramic also" instead of DP i meant "cat"

I have the DP in hand now and it looks amazing.

RoadRace
08-15-2013, 12:36 AM
It is all ceramic coated. Under the coating, the metals are all rust resistant too. It is either aluminized steel or Stainless Steel. Thanks RRM

deathshead
08-15-2013, 09:45 AM
have mine now...may put it on Friday. Not sure yet.

Will let you know the difference between my TMC DP and this one.

If its a Ceramic core cat then BOOO!.

The resonator in my car in breaking in nicely after like 5k miles, and it keeps sounding better and better everyday..
idk what to do, lol

dylansi
08-15-2013, 02:19 PM
If its a Ceramic core cat then BOOO!.

The resonator in my car in breaking in nicely after like 5k miles, and it keeps sounding better and better everyday..
idk what to do, lol

Ill post a review as soon as I get it on. I am considering doing a dyno also. One pull with TMC DP then two with the RRM DP and custom exhaust. Have to see if the shop will let me "baseline" now with the TMC DP and then come back and make a run after putting on the RRM DP and then installing 2.25" to 2.5" pipe all the way back

Spool500
08-15-2013, 07:00 PM
got my downpipe in the mail and installed 1.5hrs later. preliminary results are positive. total weight was reduced by 5.4lbs also, for those interested. I need to go for a longer ride and let the computer settle with the new Pipe. ill report back soon. :-)

mneuman916
08-15-2013, 07:06 PM
got my downpipe in the mail and installed 1.5hrs later. preliminary results are positive. total weight was reduced by 5.4lbs also, for those interested. I need to go for a longer ride and let the computer settle with the new Pipe. ill report back soon. :-)

VERY interested in how the sound changes!

Abarth Five O
08-15-2013, 10:19 PM

That's good news. I haven't installed mine yet. U installed yours in less than half the time it took others to do. Did u install it from the top side without removing the front bumper and going underneath? Did you reuse the OEM V band clamp and gaskets? How is the fitment? Any noticeable change in your exhaust note? That is pretty significant weight savings over the stock DP. Look forward to your feedback.

DIVSAbarth500
08-15-2013, 10:42 PM
But the reply here relates to the core, not the actual unit. Someone post a dyno please so this can finally die already! Thanks!

Oh my bad.

Can't wait for the reviews on this. Looking forward to some updates.

musicsurf
08-15-2013, 11:12 PM
I had mine on pretty quick... until I got a little over zealous with the v band clamp and snapped the bolt. Oh well, now I just have to go find another clamp in the morning. It is considerably lighter than the stock unit and install really isn't bad at all.

Abarth Five O
08-15-2013, 11:57 PM
I had mine on pretty quick... until I got a little over zealous with the v band clamp and snapped the bolt. Oh well, now I just have to go find another clamp in the morning. It is considerably lighter than the stock unit and install really isn't bad at all.

Were you able to install it from the top? How's the fitment? The LS here wants $42 for the OEM V band clamp and it's back ordered nationally :-( so I hope I don't snap mine. What other mods do you have? Look forward to your feedback.

musicsurf
08-16-2013, 12:44 AM
I found a place local to me that sells v band clamps, they might not be the OEM part but I see no reason it won't work. If it doesn't I just need to find a replacement bolt. I am running an Injen intake, MPX TB, Forge BOV and actuator, and a TMC box on 9. Fitment is perfect, and I did it from the top and removed the splash guard to get at it from the bottom on ramps. Just remove the lower heat shield completely and it will slide out the top leaving plenty of room for the stock downpipe to come out.

Abarth Five O
08-16-2013, 03:20 AM
Thanks! Look forward to more feedback after you add more miles on it and your ECU/TMC box learns its new found power. You should feel a significant gain. Your stock exhaust must even sound better. Did u have the use the CEL eliminator?

RoadRace
08-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Still waiting to hear from him.

ROAD/RACE

musicsurf
08-16-2013, 02:34 PM
So I bandaided the v band with a different bolt and nut until I get my new v band tomorrow. It works fine, no leaks, but I like things done right so I am replacing the v band regardless. The sound is awesome, at WOT the car sounds like a beast. No rasp, just a snarl and more frequent backfires that sound like they are coming from a bigger engine. 1st and 2nd gears have never lacked power in my set up, but in 3rd the car has always fallen flat and the power has always seemed to drop off, not any more. The car pulls noticeably harder through 3rd and 4th and the turbo seems to spool quicker from a roll in both 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. I am very happy with the performance and with the sound. I took a video with the phone mounted in my car but didn't realize it would sound so bad. I guess I really need to get a GoPro. Here is a video with a start up and a few revs. I will have my wife take a video of the car under load as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdfH03xPETM&feature=youtu.be

Abarth Five O
08-16-2013, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback and vid. Sounds wicked. I can hear where it kicks a*# over 4k rpm. Has the wow factor for sure. It really unleashes more untapped potential of this engine. Needless to say, R/R really knows what they're doing. I can't wait to install mine. Enjoy and have fun! Btw, your Grigio looks great!

dylansi
08-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the video.
Cant wait to put this on and get rid of the rasp, I will miss the constant turbo whistle like a diesel truck no matter how much throttle I give it.

Wonder how much different it will sound with a larger single exit exhaust

RoadRace
08-16-2013, 06:54 PM
So I bandaided the v band with a different bolt and nut until I get my new v band tomorrow. It works fine, no leaks, but I like things done right so I am replacing the v band regardless. The sound is awesome, at WOT the car sounds like a beast. No rasp, just a snarl and more frequent backfires that sound like they are coming from a bigger engine. 1st and 2nd gears have never lacked power in my set up, but in 3rd the car has always fallen flat and the power has always seemed to drop off, not any more. The car pulls noticeably harder through 3rd and 4th and the turbo seems to spool quicker from a roll in both 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. I am very happy with the performance and with the sound. I took a video with the phone mounted in my car but didn't realize it would sound so bad. I guess I really need to get a GoPro. Here is a video with a start up and a few revs. I will have my wife take a video of the car under load as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdfH03xPETM&feature=youtu.be

That sound hot and POWER is POWER. I urge everyone not to buy it. :) Thanks

ROAD/RACE

Spool500
08-16-2013, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the video.
Cant wait to put this on and get rid of the rasp, I will miss the constant turbo whistle like a diesel truck no matter how much throttle I give it.

Wonder how much different it will sound with a larger single exit exhaust

^^mine still whistles all the time, more pronounced that the stock turbo whistle too. the rest of my exhaust aside from the RRM DP is factory

on a side note, I have the exact same experience with mine as Musicsurf reported, so I don't need to add more feedback at this time.

dylansi
08-16-2013, 09:22 PM
^^mine still whistles all the time, more pronounced that the stock turbo whistle too. the rest of my exhaust aside from the RRM DP is factory

on a side note, I have the exact same experience with mine as Musicsurf reported, so I don't need to add more feedback at this time.

Glad to hear that. With the Catless DP it is constant at any throttle.

RoadRace
08-18-2013, 02:09 PM
People are missing a key point. Our builder will warranty these parts. I am afraid others will lean on "OFF HIGHWAY USE." Just think about it.

ROAD/RACE

Jjm4life
08-18-2013, 10:32 PM
Rrm, any chance you have a video? Interested to hear it coupled with your exhaust.

Abarth Five O
08-19-2013, 02:13 AM
I'll have my R/R DP installed later this week in addition to my existing R/R rear axle exhaust and CAI, and will post vid and pics.

RoadRace
08-19-2013, 10:01 AM
There are already some vids sound clips up. By the way these are about to be out of stock. Next batch is already in the works though.

ROAD/RACE

Abarth Five O
08-21-2013, 01:02 AM
Rob, the pic at the bottom, is that your new mid pipe?

http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=118_119&products_id=1937

RoadRace
08-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Rob, the pic at the bottom, is that your new mid pipe?

http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=118_119&products_id=1937

It is a possible pipe even though you really do not need one. Thanks..

ROAD/RACE

RoadRace
08-22-2013, 10:42 AM
The downpipes are the Key. They are getting great reviews. We are happy with the results now. It takes time to do it 100% right.

ROAD/RACE

mneuman916
08-22-2013, 07:52 PM
I got word that my down pipe and turbo blanket were shipping today... look for pics, install tips and reviews to follow soon! :rockon:

RoadRace
08-23-2013, 08:40 AM
I got word that my down pipe and turbo blanket were shipping today... look for pics, install tips and reviews to follow soon! :rockon:

Great. We are working on more goodies that will help support this and other related products.

ROAD/RACE

RoadRace
08-23-2013, 09:32 AM

It is all on the way. You will be quite stoked.

ROAD/RACE

Dave80GTSi
08-23-2013, 12:06 PM
I am keenly interested in this aftermarket cat system, and have been ready to purchase one of these ever since I bought my Cabrio.

There are three (3) features which are key to me, and it is not entirely clear, via reading thru this long thread, how this new system addresses each of these issues. I would be appreciative for any additional info or feedback which anyone can offer on each point below.

1) Performance. I have yet to see any good info on this parameter – specifically, looking for some sort of comparisons like flow resistance, pressure drop, back-to-back dyno results for this new system vs. the OEM system, or etc. Even a side-by-side picture of each system, as a starting point, would be helpful. This thread “implies” that there is less flow resistance thru this system vs. the OEM system, and from this, more power, but so far (unless I have overlooked something) it’s mostly been conjecture.

2) OEM heat shielding. I need to have this be a stealth system, with no obvious outward visible sign that the aftermarket system has been fitted when viewed from the front of the engine. This goal can easily be accomplished if all of the various OEM cat’s heat shielding, brackets, etc. can simply be transferred over to the new system. Can this be done?

3) The Dreaded Check Engine Light (CEL). I would like to hear from any owners who have fitted this system to their otherwise stock engines, and after living with it for a period of time, can report back on whether or not their CEL has ever been triggered.

Thanks - DM

Abarth Five O
08-23-2013, 01:11 PM
I installed mine yesterday. Dyno results would vary greatly depending on conditions, mods, etc. so such info would be nice, but not critical for me. I could immediately feel a stronger pull through the power band with a deeper more wicked sounding exhaust, stock or modified like mine. The R/R DP is smaller and more streamlined throughout than the OEM DP. The 200 HF cell cat in the R/R DP has noticeably larger screen holes than the OEM cat which does what it supposed to do i.e. higher flow. With the ceramic coating, you really don't need the OEM lower heat shield. It would be difficult to secure the lower heat shield w/o McGwyvering additional mounting points to eliminate any rattling issues. If u want more heat insulation, simply wrap it w/ titanium wrap. No CELs. Install the supplied CEL eliminator as an extra precaution. Fitment is perfect w/ a lifetime guaranty. This is a huge upgrade over stock and well worth my hard earned $$, imho.

mneuman916
08-23-2013, 02:14 PM
I installed mine yesterday. Dyno results would vary greatly depending on conditions, mods, etc. so such info would be nice, but not critical for me. I could immediately feel a stronger pull through the power band with a deeper more wicked sounding exhaust, stock or modified like mine. The R/R DP is smaller and more streamlined throughout than the OEM DP. The 200 HF cell cat in the R/R DP has noticeably larger screen holes than the OEM cat which does what it supposed to do i.e. higher flow. With the ceramic coating, you really don't need the OEM lower heat shield. It would be difficult to secure the lower heat shield w/o McGwyvering additional mounting points to eliminate any rattling issues. If u want more heat insulation, simply wrap it w/ titanium wrap. No CELs. Install the supplied CEL eliminator as an extra precaution. Fitment is perfect w/ a lifetime guaranty. This is a huge upgrade over stock and well worth my hard earned $$, imho.

Any tips or tricks on the install? Mine will be arriving next week! :thumbsup:

Abarth Five O
08-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Any tips or tricks on the install? Mine will be arriving next week! :thumbsup:

If you're not a seasoned mechanic and/or do not have someone like that to help you, hire an exhaust shop to install for you. If u DIY, it takes a full lift, a lot of patience, a few bloodied knuckles and arms. For first timers w/ experience, u should give yourself at least 4 hours. It's not an easy job by any means.

mneuman916
08-23-2013, 02:47 PM
If you're not a seasoned mechanic and/or do not have someone like that to help you, hire an exhaust shop to install for you. If u DIY, it takes a full lift, a lot of patience, a few bloodied knuckles and arms. For first timers w/ experience, u should give yourself at least 4 hours. It's not an easy job by any means.

Really? You paint quite a different picture than the other guy who installed (his name escapes me at the momment). I was planning on parking the car on ramps, removing the under belly cover and wrenching on it after cooling overnight. After removing the lower heat shields and disconnecting everything he had mentioned there was enough room to bring it out through the top… is that generally accurate?

I wouldn’t call myself a master tech by any means, but I’m also no slouch. Growing up driving Fiats, learning how to swing a wrench was pretty much a requirement. :friendly_wink:

Spool500
08-23-2013, 03:47 PM
that might be me^. aside from one bolt that connected the upper to lower heat shield IIRC. (needed a 10mm ratchet wrench, I was stuck with a standard wrench, so picture that. 1/4 turn by 1/4turn by 1/4turn for about an inch of thread. lol) it was very straight forward using just ramps. doing it again with a ratcheting wrench I could def do it less than an hour.

mneuman916
08-23-2013, 06:40 PM
that might be me^. aside from one bolt that connected the upper to lower heat shield IIRC. (needed a 10mm ratchet wrench, I was stuck with a standard wrench, so picture that. 1/4 turn by 1/4turn by 1/4turn for about an inch of thread. lol) it was very straight forward using just ramps. doing it again with a ratcheting wrench I could def do it less than an hour.

Yep, it sure was you! That makes a lot more sense to me. All you've down now if given me an excuse to buy a set of ratcheting wrenches! :thumbsup: I'll try and take some pictures during the install. I'm really bad about that. I get a55hole deep into things like this and never think to pick up a camera.

Spool500
08-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Yep, it sure was you! That makes a lot more sense to me. All you've down now if given me an excuse to buy a set of ratcheting wrenches! :thumbsup: I'll try and take some pictures during the install. I'm really bad about that. I get a55hole deep into things like this and never think to pick up a camera.

im the same way with projects, I guess I get a55hole deep as it were, haha. once I get started on something just stay outta my way, sorta like a unstoppable freight train deal. \m/ good luck on your install

Abarth Five O
08-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Popped a CEL (Malfunction Indicator Light) today in sport mode w/ less than 20 miles on DP w/ CEL eliminator installed. :-( Perhaps I should have run it longer in normal mode for about 80 mi. to have the ECU learn the new DP? Will reset ECU and run it 80 miles in normal mode keeping it under 4k rpm as suggested by R/R. Hope this works.

musicsurf
08-23-2013, 11:30 PM
Popped a CEL (Malfunction Indicator Light) today in sport mode w/ less than 20 miles on DP w/ CEL eliminator installed. :-( Perhaps I should have run it longer in normal mode for about 80 mi. to have the ECU learn the new DP? Will reset ECU and run it 80 miles in normal mode keeping it under 4k rpm as suggested by R/R. Hope this works.

Do you have a way to read the code? If so, what is it?

A ratcheting wrench definitely did help. Another tip, the stock v band is a little fragile. DO NOT try to over tighten it. Tighten it, tap it with a rubber mallet where you can, and repeat until satisfied. Start the car and feel for leaks. I broke the bolt on mine with not a whole lot of effort and it is really hard to find a replacement that will work. I ended up replacing with a heftier v band but had to take some width off on a grinder. You should do the bottom bolts as well as reattaching the exhaust hanger on the midpipe before the v band. I did mine on ramps as well and in about the same amount of time as spool500.

dylansi
08-24-2013, 12:21 AM
Tips from me:
Buy ratchet wrenches 8mm, 9mm, 10mm, and maybe even a 13mm. I'm not positive but I think I remember an 11mm in there some where but dont hold me to that.
Have two 22mm wrenches for installing o2 sensor to supplied adapter.

Have a deep socket 13mm socket for the midpipe bolts

Have a 1/2 ratchet at a minimum as the bolts that attach to the mid pipe are usually tight.

I tighten the sh!t out of the V-band, that is the last place you want a leak...I easily found another bolt and nut at Lowes to replace my original one.
Be prepared for your seconday o2 senso'rs threads to be stripped, out of the two I've installed both were stripped to some degree.

I pre-wrapped my DP with the titanium wrap and so is most of my mid-pipe, last thing your going to want to do is take everything off again to wrap it properly. The wrap MAY help with poping codes. I have not had one yet and Torque does not show one pending. BUT I have both pipes wrapped and used the supplied o2 adaptor.

I would never want to lay under the car and do this but ehh maybe im being a pre-madonna, as I have access to a lift when ever.

Patients is the key when working with the lower heat shield, this includes removing the nuts to dropping it down through the bottom.

Also when working with the V-Band, loosen it the whole way. Then use a flat tip to lightly pry the "band" off, kind of like a see-saw motion. Do this down as close to the bottom of the band as you can. It will pop when it releases from there, then work your way around lightly prying the other three (or two, can't remember) points up.

I've installed two of the RRM DPs one being mine and also installed and uninstalled the TMC DP roughly 10 times.

I will do a review of the RRM DP probably tomorrow. Def worth the monies. Visually stuning, sounds better than stock, and fitment was 100% on point with the two I've seen.

Any questions on the set-up hit me up here or PM and I will give you my best help/opinion.

BTW Gary your car is probably one of the cleanest Abarths to date...

Abarth Five O
08-24-2013, 01:11 AM

Well, reset ECU, idled for 10 minutes, and drove it 10 mi. in normal mode w/ no cel yet. Will see. If it pops a code again, will try an electronic CEL eliminator from R/R.

musicsurf
08-24-2013, 09:37 AM
I replaced the v band bolt twice with bolts from ace. Both times they stripped to the point they wouldn't come back off and had to be broken/cut. The second time it stripped before it could be tightened all the way preventing the v band from creating a good seal. If you use a mallet there is no need to get all of the clamping power from tightening the bolt. One other thing, being that this DP is not stainless, wrapping it is asking for a potential problem in my opinion. If the wrap gets wet, the trapped moisture is more likely to eat the metal.

Tips from me:
Buy ratchet wrenches 8mm, 9mm, 10mm, and maybe even a 13mm. I'm not positive but I think I remember an 11mm in there some where but dont hold me to that.

Have a 1/2 ratchet at a minimum as the bolts that attach to the mid pipe are usually tight.

I tighten the sh!t out of the V-band, that is the last place you want a leak...I easily found another bolt and nut at Lowes to replace my original one.
Be prepared for your seconday o2 senso'rs threads to be stripped, out of the two I've installed both were stripped to some degree.

I pre-wrapped my DP with the titanium wrap and so is most of my mid-pipe, last thing your going to want to do is take everything off again to wrap it properly. The wrap MAY help with poping codes. I have not had one yet and Torque does not show one pending. BUT I have both pipes wrapped and used the supplied o2 adaptor.

I would never want to lay under the car and do this but ehh maybe im being a pre-madonna, as I have access to a lift when ever.

Patients is the key when working with the lower heat shield, this includes removing the nuts to dropping it down through the bottom.

Also when working with the V-Band, loosen it the whole way. Then use a flat tip to lightly pry the "band" off, kind of like a see-saw motion. Do this down as close to the bottom of the band as you can. It will pop when it releases from there, then work your way around lightly prying the other three (or two, can't remember) points up.

I've installed two of the RRM DPs one being mine and also installed and uninstalled the TMC DP roughly 10 times.

I will do a review of the RRM DP probably tomorrow. Def worth the monies. Visually stuning, sounds better than stock, and fitment was 100% on point with the two I've seen.

Any questions on the set-up hit me up here or PM and I will give you my best help/opinion.

dylansi
08-24-2013, 12:45 PM
I replaced the v band bolt twice with bolts from ace. Both times they stripped to the point they wouldn't come back off and had to be broken/cut. The second time it stripped before it could be tightened all the way preventing the v band from creating a good seal. If you use a mallet there is no need to get all of the clamping power from tightening the bolt. One other thing, being that this DP is not stainless, wrapping it is asking for a potential problem in my opinion. If the wrap gets wet, the trapped moisture is more likely to eat the metal.

Yep same here I have been through many bolts and nuts. Well I will keep an eye on the pipe, i figured that outer coating on the pipe would keep it protected from the elements.

Had all the same codes yesterday that I had with my catless DP, cleared them reset ecu and am going to drive lightly for the next 80 miles or so and pray I dont see another one. Otherwise I will have to buy all new gaskets, get a new V-Band and 02 sensor then uninstall and reinstall. Luckily once the stock DP is out it is only about an hour job to uninstall and reinstall everything.

musicsurf
08-24-2013, 01:02 PM
Yep same here I have been through many bolts and nuts. Well I will keep an eye on the pipe, i figured that outer coating on the pipe would keep it protected from the elements.

Had all the same codes yesterday that I had with my catless DP, cleared them reset ecu and am going to drive lightly for the next 80 miles or so and pray I dont see another one. Otherwise I will have to buy all new gaskets, get a new V-Band and 02 sensor then uninstall and reinstall. Luckily once the stock DP is out it is only about an hour job to uninstall and reinstall everything.

The ceramic coating should protect it. Adding the ability for moisture to be trapped and sit on the metal for longer could cause it to deteriorate. I'm not saying it will just that it could.

Abarth Five O
08-24-2013, 06:32 PM
Popped cel again :-( Getting Dash Command to read code, but probably same code as Dylansi. Everything we reinstalled on my R/R DP, including V Band clamp, gaskets, 02 sensors, supplied spacer for lower 02 sensor, bolts, nuts, etc. was done very carefully and tightened down solidly by Dylansi and myself. I can't imagine the OEM 02 sensors going bad from the reinstall. May be we should take off the spacer on the lower 02 sensor? Perhaps the electronic CEL eliminator from R/R is the fix? We'll come up w/ the right fix eventually...

musicsurf
08-24-2013, 11:24 PM
I think removing the spacer would make it more likely to pop a code as it will be more directly in the stream and more likely to sense that the cat is inefficient. I'm not saying you guys didn't tighten everything back down, but leaks happen. Before I put my car back together I started it and felt around the circumference of the v band, the flange where the midpipe and downpipe meet, and the o2 bung to make sure there wasn't a leak. Having done that, I could still have a small leak that I couldn't feel. Being that you guys had your cars on a lift, did you start them and look for leaks? I don't think it would cause a problem, but did you disconnect the o2 sensor before unscrewing it as to not put the stress of twisting the wires as the sensor turned to come out? I'm just trying to help you guys find the source of the problem.

Abarth Five O
08-25-2013, 12:31 AM
Thanks for your input musicsurf, much appreciated!! We should have started it and looked for leaks, but we checked everything to make sure it was snug and tightly in place. I doubt I have a leak as the engine/exhaust runs and sounds fine w/o any noticeable loss in boost pressure. We probably should have disconnected the 02 sensor wires before unscrewing/screwing it back on, but we made sure it was carefully done during the process w/o any undue stress or twisting on the wires. That said, it doesn't mean it couldn't happen.
The electronic cel eliminator from R/R is probably the fix since the RR HF DP is truly doing what it supposed to do i.e. HF according to the sensors.

dylansi
08-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Didnt check for leaks. But I do feel the stock DP to MP gasket is inadequate and it should be thicker. I ordered a new secondary o2 and a new MP to DP gasket. Still need to find a where to get a new heavy duty V-band and a new tubo/DP gasket. When I get all of that I will uninstall and reinstall again and see how it goes. I will try and get the o2 sensors disconnected. Ive tried before to disconnect them for quite some time and could not successfuly do it but I didnt realize once you pulled out the yellow tab you pressed down on it and pulled then. I dont think the twisting of them would cause a problem unless one of the wires became disconnected.

Abarth Five O
08-25-2013, 09:59 PM
Reset my ECU, drove it 40 mi, hammered in sport mode w/ no cel. :-) Could be a fluke or the 02 sensors needed more time to learn the new cat DP? We'll see...
The R/R HF Cat DP and R/R Rear axle exhaust is an awesome combo and definitely has the wow factor. It's about 5% -10% louder, rappier especially through 2nd and 3rd, and I could feel at least 10% more pull/gain throughout the rpm range. This new DP from R/R definitely sets the new standard and I'm pleased w/ the product.

mneuman916
08-28-2013, 07:26 PM
Tips from me:

Just to clarify here... are we talking ratcheting wrenches, or sockets? I've got socket sets.... I was assuming we were talking wrenches with the ratcheting inserts.

Abarth Five O
08-28-2013, 07:51 PM
Just to clarify here... are we talking ratcheting wrenches, or sockets? I've got socket sets.... I was assuming we were talking wrenches with the ratcheting inserts.

Thanks to Dylansi and the self help shop equipment, we used ratcheting, socket, and solid wrenches to make the job easier.

mneuman916
08-28-2013, 08:12 PM
Thanks to Dylansi and the self help shop equipment, we used ratcheting, socket, and solid wrenches to make the job easier.

Thanks! I'll report back with my experiences, positive or not on Saturday!

FTY
08-29-2013, 12:09 AM
Reset my ECU, drove it 40 mi, hammered in sport mode w/ no cel. :-) Could be a fluke or the 02 sensors needed more time to learn the new cat DP? We'll see...
The R/R HF Cat DP and R/R Rear axle exhaust is an awesome combo and definitely has the wow factor. It's about 5% -10% louder, rappier especially through 2nd and 3rd, and I could feel at least 10% more pull/gain throughout the rpm range. This new DP from R/R definitely sets the new standard and I'm pleased w/ the product.

Looking forward to getting mine.....cant wait now!!!!!!!

Abarth Five O
08-29-2013, 01:34 AM
Looking forward to getting mine.....cant wait now!!!!!!!

You won't regret it! This thing is WICKED sounding when paired w/ the R/R Rear Axle exhaust system. You can hear the turbo spool up quicker and feel the greater pull throughout the power band. The wow factor w/ this set up is def there. The R/R DP brings out the beast in this motor and when you stomp it, it will blow your mind and turn some heads. Have fun Chris! Yee haw....

dylansi
08-29-2013, 01:44 PM

Both, ratchet wrenches will help but are not needed. You can pick up a cheap pair at Harbor Freight

mneuman916
08-30-2013, 08:51 PM
After 3 hours of heavy cussing, the stock pipe is out. Getting tools on the stock lower heat shield nuts is the painfully difficult part. The rest was fairly simple, although maneuvering the stock down pipe out the top was challenging. I ran out of day light right as I got the stock pipe out. I'll be installing the new pipe in the morning. I can rest easy knowing the worst is behind me. Here a side by side shot of old vs. new.

Abarth Five O
08-31-2013, 12:24 AM
I hear u man. If it weren't for Dylansi's help, I would have been cussing for at least 4 hours. Rest assured, the worst part is over. Take ur time installing the V band clamp, gaskets, cel spacer, and 02 sensors to avoid any potential leaks. The R/R HF Cat DP a thing of beauty next to the piece of c#%^ stock DP. It is def a HUGE upgrade which significantly improves flow and HP. You will be more than pleasantly surprised when u rap the throttle tomorrow. Have fun!

RoadRace
08-31-2013, 12:41 AM
Next batch is ready. This batch is gone and gone. Reviews are great and I have a surprise for everyone with these tomorrow. Post pictures tomorrow.

ROAD/RACE

RoadRace
08-31-2013, 12:47 AM
Here is a tease.

IMG_0038 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9631723697/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

RoadRace
08-31-2013, 12:47 AM
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2824/9631723697_16a4d53a3e_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9631723697/)
IMG_0038 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9631723697/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

Abarth Five O
08-31-2013, 04:36 AM
Nice, but is it really necessary for street use? I thought the ceramic coating was sufficient. I would prefer not to remove the DP again and risk stripping/compromising the v band clamp, gaskets, 02 sensors and bungs which may cause potential leaks :-(

musicsurf
08-31-2013, 10:26 AM
Just to make sure you know, the o2 spacer goes after the cat not in the DP.

After 3 hours of heavy cussing, the stock pipe is out. Getting tools on the stock lower heat shield nuts is the painfully difficult part. The rest was fairly simple, although maneuvering the stock down pipe out the top was challenging. I ran out of day light right as I got the stock pipe out. I'll be installing the new pipe in the morning. I can rest easy knowing the worst is behind me. Here a side by side shot of old vs. new.

RoadRace
08-31-2013, 12:08 PM
Just to make sure you know, the o2 spacer goes after the cat not in the DP.

Correct. The jacket above is not required on our DP. In fact ours is the only one it is not needed with but this will lower under hood temps twice as much as anything under the hood and it offers extra peace I suppose. Oh yea, it is a work of ART that will yet again help lower intake temperatures. I could not believe it when I got it today. Wow and wow.

ROAD/RACE

mneuman916
08-31-2013, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I know that now. I had initially threaded it in there so I didn't lose it. Then I wasn't sure but it was pretty obvious when it all came together. I can report the following on my install:

The O2 sensors were not cross threaded, but the lower one took a bit of muscle to get out. I was sure to unplug each sensor before attempting to remove them.

Regarding the v band clamp, when removing it I barely had to use much effort with a stubby handled ratchet. I see no reason to torque the thing back on as hard as you can. Snug was sufficient.

I installed the Road Race turbo blanket at same time.

Here you can see where the oil line sleeve goes. This was no fun snaking down into areas my hands didn't fit. Trouble was I MADE them fit and now I have some healing to do:

And here is a shot of the final install.

Finally, here is a shot of the down pipe from under the car. If you look in the upper left corner you will see where the turbo blanket has nothing to attach to since the stock down pipe had the mounting stud and it's now gone. I plan to pick up a small bolt and nut to remedy that.

I've run the car up the street and back and to the grocery store just to play with it and see what is sounds like under load. This thing sounds insane now! I have a feeling I'm going to be scaring the pants of people when I pass them now. I'm now going to do an ecu reset, let everything re learn and see where I end up. I drive about 300 miles a week so if a code is going to pop up it should do so very quickly I imagine. I'll let you all know!

Abarth Five O
09-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Matt, pop any codes?

mneuman916
09-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Matt, pop any codes?

No codes yet, but to be fair I only have 60 miles on the car since the ecu reset. I had no codes pending or otherwise when I did the reset either, after spending roughly 15 miles running the car hard just to hear what it sounded like.

What I CAN tell you is that the ecu rest is ABSOLUTLY NECESSARY. In all honesty I though that the ecu reset idea was bull hockey but I'm completely sold now. After reset and running the car to work this morning, no sport and taking it easy (the way I generally "commute" anyway) not only did I post my highest fuel mileage to date, I also noticed (very obviously so) that the power band has completely been smoothed out (this was not evident until after the ecu reset). No more lumpy, uneven feel to the acceleration which was really only evident in non sport mode anyway. I should have over 260 miles on the car by this time Friday. I have my fingers crossed, I'm confident I am leak free and I was sure to treat the removed O2 sensors with great care. We'll see what happens!

I plan on running the entire tank of fuel out with no sport mode. The next tank, even though it's going to completely destroy my fuel economy, will be spent entirely in sport mode. I should know very quickly if I'm going to pop a code.

A bit off topic, but on the subject of codes, I have been running the Amazon check valve mod completely code free for 3000 miles.

Abarth Five O
09-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the update! I reset my ECU a couple times, but still get cel. I didn't notice any before/after difference in the smoothness of normal mode since I rarely run it on normal mode. At any rate, good luck and look forward to more feedback.

mneuman916
09-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the update! I reset my ECU a couple times, but still get cel. I didn't notice any before/after difference in the smoothness of normal mode since I rarely run it on normal mode. At any rate, good luck and look forward to more feedback.

I'll certainly keep you all posted. How quickly are you throwing the cel?

Just to throw it out there, I do not have a piggyback box yet. Do we have anyone throwing a code that has no box?

Abarth Five O
09-03-2013, 07:51 PM
I'll certainly keep you all posted. How quickly are you throwing the cel?

Just to throw it out there, I do not have a piggyback box yet. Do we have anyone throwing a code that has no box?

Anywhere from 5 to 50 mi. after resetting ecu w/ and w/o sport mode on and w/ and w/o box on. Doesn't really make a diff.

mneuman916
09-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Anywhere from 5 to 50 mi. after resetting ecu w/ and w/o sport mode on and w/ and w/o box on. Doesn't really make a diff.

Hmmmm.... now that's interesting. I'll be throwing another 66 miles on the car tomorrow. I'll let you know the results, no Sport mode obviously, YET!

dylansi
09-03-2013, 11:20 PM
No box here and getting the code. Also throwing a code with the Boomba valve. I have a touchy ECU I guess

RoadRace
09-04-2013, 09:48 AM
50 miles is the standard for checking things. If no code at 50 miles then you will not ge a code. So some do it and some do not

ROAD/RADE

mneuman916
09-04-2013, 12:18 PM
50 miles is the standard for checking things. If no code at 50 miles then you will not ge a code. So some do it and some do not

ROAD/RADE

Well thats good to know! I'm over a hundred miles now, no code!

Abarth Five O
09-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Well thats good to know! I'm over a hundred miles now, no code!

You're a lucky man!

RoadRace
09-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Saw your pictures. Very nice. I finally heard the sound of our Combo.

mneuman916
09-04-2013, 10:15 PM
You're a lucky man!

Thanks!

Crossed 160 miles today with no codes and nothing pending. I may be going crazy, but I think putting a few miles on the pipe has mellowed out the sound just a hair. It's still CRAZY silent like stock when cruising, but when you mash the go pedal she sings an impressive note that's no doubt going to turn heads! I'd say under normal throttle load you're looking at a 10% to 15% increase in sound, upwards of 20% in full beast mode, pedal to the floor with Sport on and high revs. Again, still near silent while cruising!!!

After spending another day with the downpipe I can still say I feel a solid improvement in acceleration smoothness and a nice bump in Sport. I cheated tonight and turned on Sport, hammering away from a few red lights. FIREdevil

I think I am set now for engine mods that I wanted to have done BEFORE a piggyback. Everything I have done so far was a set up for the addition of an ecu, whichever it ends up being. I'm waiting on the release of the next Road Race ecu before I decide which will be right for me. In the mean time, I'm enjoying the heck out of this mod! I'll be fueling up tomorrow, and the next tank will be all sport mode. I'll update you all soon!

RoadRace
09-04-2013, 11:22 PM
You are building your car the RIGHT WAY, Bilsteins, best D.P. Heat sheilds etc...... now we are going to post some numbers but for your viewing pleasure.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7426/9677116410_1341d85355_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9677116410/)
RRMAbarth16 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9677116410/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3787/9673878139_33d3bc94c7_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9673878139/)
RRMAbarth20 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9673878139/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2834/9677096778_29a7a2b5a3_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9677096778/)
RRMAbarth25 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9677096778/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5522/9677092272_6023a823ee_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9677092272/)
RRMAbarth27 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9677092272/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3728/9673856061_c5454455e4_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9673856061/)
RRMAbarth30 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9673856061/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2857/9673853763_27ced37a2e_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9673853763/)
RRMAbarth31 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9673853763/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5324/9677075238_06913a1cf4_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9677075238/)
RRMAbarth35 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9677075238/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3729/9668178752_cb4820d179_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9668178752/)
Teaser Corsa Sportivo (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9668178752/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

IT IS SO F#$KING COLD UNDER THE HOOD WITH THESE.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3795/9668177776_868bb35989_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9668177776/)
Teaser Corsa Sportivo (http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadrace/9668177776/) by ROCKHARD37 (http://www.flickr.com/people/roadrace/), on Flickr

ROAD/RACE

redred
09-05-2013, 01:57 AM
Holy sweet Jesus!!!! That front end looks menacing! Love the new aero!!! Of course the rear end is insane too. Love the new rocket ship you built!

mneuman916
09-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Crossed over the 200 mile threshold today and still no codes. Seems I am in the clear! I filled the tank up on the way home tonight and pressed the Sport button for a little fun... all I can say is WOW! The car feels great and the sound is amazing!

Abarth Five O
09-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Crossed over the 200 mile threshold today and still no codes. Seems I am in the clear! I filled the tank up on the way home tonight and pressed the Sport button for a little fun... all I can say is WOW! The car feels great and the sound is amazing!

Good news! Isn't it wicked? Wait to you add the new R/R box, it will blow your mind. When you rap it in 2nd and 3rd it sounds like an open DP but not as loud and more refined. You will def turn some heads, including cops, so be careful. :burnout:

mneuman916
09-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Good news! Isn't it wicked? Wait to you add the new R/R box, it will blow your mind. When you rap it in 2nd and 3rd it sounds like an open DP but not as loud and more refined. You will def turn some heads, including cops, so be careful. :burnout:

Yeah, still waiting on the new box to come out so I can decide which one I want to get. I'll have to discuss it with Rob when the time comes. You're absolutely right about the attention! Doing full throttle pulls with Sport engaged is an unreal sound! I bet nobody expects to see what they see when I blow by them! :onthego:

Tweak
09-05-2013, 11:53 PM
I bet nobody expects to see what they see when I blow by them! :onthego:

Even without a downpipe I can confirm this happens and it is so much fun to see the looks on the faces of those you pass. :D

mneuman916
09-06-2013, 08:58 PM
Even without a downpipe I can confirm this happens and it is so much fun to see the looks on the faces of those you pass. :D

My friend... I hope that when you make your way north for installation of your wares we can finally get together. You have NO idea what you're missing! Wait till you hear this thing! ThrashinSmiley

260 and counting.... NO CODES!

RoadRace
09-07-2013, 12:39 PM
I always thought no codes and we did not get them. There is still a backup to this so no worries either way. Other D.p.s surely get CELS. We have the CEL eliminator for them and if needed for us. Also our D.P. Jackets are amazing. I can leave my hand in place on a hot engine. Intake temps will be almost SUB ambient temps. Really. We were already at +5-7 over ambient temps before , now it is so freickin cold under the hood, it is mind blowing.

ROAD/RACE

dylansi
09-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Code doesnt bother me, it is obviously a sign that the cat is high flow. I am still getting the best gas milage I have ever seen due to this DP. Now with 90% highway - 10% city The MPG says 36.7 :encouragement: And if any of you have been to Hawaii and driven up H-2 freeway towards Wahiawa, it does nothing but climb up hill thw whole way. So I think without that I would be close to if not over 40MPG. I also use cruise control the whole way set at 58MPH

redred
09-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Rob,

Will the DP blanket work on a stock DP as well?

dylansi
09-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Speaking for myself, I highly doubt it will fit around the stock cat or stock pipe, they both are big

redred
09-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Correct. I spoke with Rob this morning and the DP blanket will only work on the RRM Hi-Flow DP. He did mention it "might" fit on a catless DP but not tightly and with an air gap which would not really be ideal.

Great job in the DP and DP blanket RRM. Seems like a real winner and can't wait to get mine

Abarth Five O
09-07-2013, 05:32 PM
I always thought no codes and we did not get them. There is still a backup to this so no worries either way. Other D.p.s surely get CELS. We have the CEL eliminator for them and if needed for us. Also our D.P. Jackets are amazing. I can leave my hand in place on a hot engine. Intake temps will be almost SUB ambient temps. Really. We were already at +5-7 over ambient temps before , now it is so freickin cold under the hood, it is mind blowing.

ROAD/RACE

Any update on the electronic cel eliminator? How do u install the jacket on the DP? Is it wrapped around and snapped on or do we have to remove the DP again to install it? If the latter, I should probably replace the v band clamp and gaskets since they go through wear and tear every time you remove and re-install them.

dylansi
09-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Gary,

I dont think you need a new V-Band, mine has been through hell and back, but still sealed up this last time. I do feel if you take off the DP I would do a new upper gasket. I ordered mine but Cutter may have them. I think everytime I take that off now (hopefully never) I will just replace that gasket.

RoadRace
09-07-2013, 08:04 PM
We have ours on with our center exhaust now. F#$IN WOW. We are ready and yet it is civilized until you turn the volume up with your FOOT.

ROAD/RACE

Tweak
09-07-2013, 10:43 PM
My friend... I hope that when you make your way north for installation of your wares we can finally get together. You have NO idea what you're missing! Wait till you hear this thing! ThrashinSmiley

260 and counting.... NO CODES!

I have info to share on that... incoming PM. :)

shadyabarth
09-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Is it me or does the side by side picture or the RR DP look like the piping diameter is smaller than the stock DP?

Abarth Five O
09-12-2013, 06:28 PM
The R/R DP exit diameter is 2.25". The stock exit is more like 1.8".

mneuman916
09-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Not to mention that the outlet does not have to be as large due to the drastic reduction in restriction.

RoadRace
09-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Not to mention that the outlet does not have to be as large due to the drastic reduction in restriction.

That is basically it. The flanges are not smaller though. By the way, we finally have a batch, We have about 1/4 of these sold but we will take orders now. Also I have 2 full catless downpipes that are ceramic coated,

shadyabarth
09-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Pricing to Nyc?

RoadRace
09-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Pricing to Nyc?
Prices for what f.p. you want are on the site. Figure $25ish to ship and you are gold. No tax for NYD.

ROAD/RACE

Abarth Five O
09-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Pricing to Nyc?

EC also carries R/R DP. You might save on shipping.

RoadRace
09-13-2013, 11:23 AM
We open at 10 PAC time today. 562-906-0080. We will make that happen.

RoadRace
09-17-2013, 10:13 AM
All is getting worked on but we now have another batch of Downpipes in stock. They are going fast a long with greatest optional heat management products. Check these out. We also have 2 fully open Downpipes in stock now. These are the same but different because they are the only ones on the market that are ceramic coated.
We will be showing these soon. Look for pictures and pricing on our site. Call if you want one of these full open Downpipes. Price is $289 for RRM Corsa Pro OPEN DOWN PIPE. Thanks

ROAD/RACE

MAZ
09-17-2013, 10:30 AM
Sorry if I had missed it:
Did the Electronic CEL fix come out?

RoadRace
09-18-2013, 01:23 PM
It will be done in a couple weeks but it may not plug in. We cannot find the factory plugs. very hard to find so it will just need to wire in about 3 wires. Pretty easy stuff.

ROAD/RACE

Abarth Five O
09-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Hope your techs can find the factory plugs and develop plug in solution inasmuch as it would be easily removable and non-detectable in the event of any warranty work.

mneuman916
09-20-2013, 06:31 PM
Just to chime in here since it's been a while, I've officially crossed over a thousand miles with the down pipe and still no codes! In the beginning I was unsure if I would be able to live with the added sound, but the fact that its super quiet when cruising like stock and only roars when you mash the pedal makes it intoxicating! My 3 year old son LOVES getting in daddy's car! Definitely no regrets adding the downpipe! I'm really curious how it would sound with the Magnaflow system....

Abarth Five O
09-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Just to chime in here since it's been a while, I've officially crossed over a thousand miles with the down pipe and still no codes! In the beginning I was unsure if I would be able to live with the added sound, but the fact that its super quiet when cruising like stock and only roars when you mash the pedal makes it intoxicating! My 3 year old son LOVES getting in daddy's car! Definitely no regrets adding the downpipe! I'm really curious how it would sound with the Magnaflow system....
You're a lucky man! Wait to you install R/R's soon to be released new PP 3 ecu box, it will blow your mind and make it even more intoxicating. Your son will have a blast too! Adding Magnaflo's 2.5" cat back, now that would be a dangerous combo.

musicsurf
09-20-2013, 07:34 PM

I can take a video of that since I now have the Magnaflow. It sounds sweet! If you are going to the Dragon in October you can hear it in person as well.

mneuman916
09-20-2013, 08:42 PM
You're a lucky man! Wait to you install R/R's soon to be released new PP 3 ecu box, it will blow your mind and make it even more intoxicating. Your son will have a blast too! Adding Magnaflo's 2.5" cat back, now that would be a dangerous combo.

I'm waiting for new information for this. I need to be sure that it will be the correct upgrade for me vs the original box. My car is used for commuting 90% of the time so I need to weigh the pro's and con's of each. I have to balance my performance and economy! As of now everything I have done has been a positive when I keep my foot out of it... so that's a plus!

I can take a video of that since I now have the Magnaflow. It sounds sweet! If you are going to the Dragon in October you can hear it in person as well.

I'd love to see/hear that! I wish I could make it to the dragon but that is one long ass haul for me... too much for a weekend for me even though the roads are WELL worth the time investment. I made the drive years ago for Fiat Freak Out.. 1995 or 1996 I think...

musicsurf
09-20-2013, 09:36 PM
I'd love to see/hear that! I wish I could make it to the dragon but that is one long ass haul for me... too much for a weekend for me even though the roads are WELL worth the time investment. I made the drive years ago for Fiat Freak Out.. 1995 or 1996 I think...[/QUOTE]

I am making the trip from Florida so I know about the long haul to get up there! I too am waiting for the new Road Race Stage 3 box, it's sounds like it's going to really do the trick for our cars with the convenience of being able to easily take it out without a trace if need be. Anyways I just dragged my wife along to take a quick video of the combo. Here you go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXZkPfJP_Cs&feature=youtu.be

Abarth Five O
09-20-2013, 09:49 PM
I'm waiting for new information for this. I need to be sure that it will be the correct upgrade for me vs the original box. My car is used for commuting 90% of the time so I need to weigh the pro's and con's of each. I have to balance my performance and economy! As of now everything I have done has been a positive when I keep my foot out of it... so that's a plus!
Yeah, me too. Need to see if it's right for my DD street use, but don't really care about economy, just want to maximize street performance.

RoadRace
09-21-2013, 11:14 AM

This is part of the dilemma. Not everyone gets codes. We did not either. That said, the pugs for anything are very hard to acquire. We still cannot find them. The option is not too big a deal though. "T"ing in a couple wires will not kill anyone. The guys with our Down Pipe or another's DP will both be able to benefit from this. Meantime this next batch is almost spoken for. Also I have CERAMIC COATED CATLESS D.P. avaialbe for anyone who might want that for some reason. It will be superior to anything like it because of its ability to manage heat.

ROAD/RACE

mneuman916
09-22-2013, 08:23 PM
I'd love to see/hear that! I wish I could make it to the dragon but that is one long ass haul for me... too much for a weekend for me even though the roads are WELL worth the time investment. I made the drive years ago for Fiat Freak Out.. 1995 or 1996 I think...

I am making the trip from Florida so I know about the long haul to get up there! I too am waiting for the new Road Race Stage 3 box, it's sounds like it's going to really do the trick for our cars with the convenience of being able to easily take it out without a trace if need be. Anyways I just dragged my wife along to take a quick video of the combo. Here you go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXZkPfJP_Cs&feature=youtu.be[/QUOTE]

That sounds awesome!!! Damn you!!! Now I have another mod to add to the list... thanks for the video! :thumbsup:

trevc
09-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Order placed this morning on the website - sounds like a winner for performance!

Abarth Five O
09-25-2013, 02:21 PM
Order placed this morning on the website - sounds like a winner for performance!

You won't be disappointed. dancingsmilies

dylansi
09-26-2013, 02:56 PM

With or without cat?

trevc
09-26-2013, 03:10 PM
With CAT. We don't have smog tests where I live but I don't feel comfortable going CATless.

With or without cat?

RoadRace
09-26-2013, 03:13 PM
I think cat is the way to go, even if your criteria is noise pollution instead of other.

ROAD/RACE

shadyabarth
09-26-2013, 05:33 PM
Sorry if this has already been answered in the previous 25 pages of this thread but what size is the exit opening on this DP?