PDA

View Full Version : 500e Build and Price ready to rock and roll!

Andree
07-03-2013, 05:49 PM
http://www.fiatusa.com/hostc/bmo/CUX201304/models.do

Let the configuration begin!

Andree
07-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Sport package only comes with Nero interior. Booo.

And the Steam (white) interior is extra cost, $395. I suppose that's why I'm not seeing many with the Steam interior.

Extra cost for the Bianco Perla and Arancio Elettrico exteriors, $500. Sunroof is $1,050, and eSport package is $495.

What I don't know/remember is what will change the lower parts of the front/rear. It changes from white to black when...

We choose the sport package?
We choose the Nero interior (with or without sport package)?

fiat500e
07-04-2013, 12:01 PM
the front area below bumper in white shows like a teeth! It doesn't match well with certain colors.

cdeforrest
07-04-2013, 02:58 PM
the front area below bumper in white shows like a teeth! It doesn't match well with certain colors.

Indeed. I think the white accents on the black car look strange. The dark grey/black accents would work much better.
Ah well, I might give vinyl wrap on those 2 white parts a try, especially since I'll be leasing, don't want to get too crazy with swapping parts.

Andree
07-04-2013, 03:24 PM

It's just something we aren't used to seeing. If all cars had been accented in white from day one, and then someone put on black accents, we'd think the black looked weird.

I like the contrast, and I like to have the OPTION to have the contrast, of white. I sincerely wish the option for the white (or ivory) plastics for the interior had been available when I got my regular Fiat. And I'm hoping that it will be an option on future models.

Andree
07-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Indeed. I think the white accents on the black car look strange. The dark grey/black accents would work much better.
Ah well, I might give vinyl wrap on those 2 white parts a try, especially since I'll be leasing, don't want to get too crazy with swapping parts.

You won't have the white accents if you're choosing the eSport package or the black interior. You'll only get the white exterior accents with the white interior.

Edit: The configurator is not complete, the exterior white plastic isn't changing from white to black when you change interiors or add the eSport package. The wheels section is wrong. The matte black wheels with orange trim only come on the eSport package. Otherwise the wheels are silver.

cdeforrest
07-05-2013, 02:02 PM
You won't have the white accents if you're choosing the eSport package or the black interior. You'll only get the white exterior accents with the white interior.

Edit: The configurator is not complete, the exterior white plastic isn't changing from white to black when you change interiors or add the eSport package. The wheels section is wrong. The matte black wheels with orange trim only come on the eSport package. Otherwise the wheels are silver.

That's great news - I hadn't seen a black 500e yet that didn't have the white accents, but also couldn't verify the interior colors on all of them, either. And as you mention, the configurator isn't 100%, because when you switch to a black interior, nothing happens, which is why I was under the impression white was the only way they come.

Indeed, I will be getting a black interior, so should have the black trim as well.

Andree
07-05-2013, 03:03 PM
That's great news - I hadn't seen a black 500e yet that didn't have the white accents, but also couldn't verify the interior colors on all of them, either. And as you mention, the configurator isn't 100%, because when you switch to a black interior, nothing happens, which is why I was under the impression white was the only way they come.

Indeed, I will be getting a black interior, so should have the black trim as well.

Ask and you shall receive, only if the pics are out there, though. LOL.

Ah! Pics of all the colors with black or white grilles. Enjoy:
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/fiat-500e-electrifies-us-ahead-of-la-debut-photo-gallery-52285.html

eSport package not available with the orange, nor is a black interior available on the orange.

Andree
07-05-2013, 03:28 PM
One more pic, the eSport apparently has the black headrests, while the other black interiors have the orange headrest.

eSport interior (black):
http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/first-drive-fiats-500e-proves-an-italian-accent-is-the-key-to-making-evs-cool/#/10

There is a picture of the black seat with orange headrest on the Fiat site when clicking on the Interior options in the configurator.