PDA

View Full Version : Spoke to my dealer today

danny_1
07-03-2013, 04:12 AM
My dealer told me 2 weeks and possibly less for arrival. They told me there are 2 centers that will receive the 500e's. One in northern cali and the other in southern. 48 hours delivery from there to the dealer.

I thought July 8 was the deadline to the take retail delivery according to the website. I guess since they will be missing that date that maybe the pricing will change.

Has anyone else talked to their dealer lately? Heard anything other than that?

Oh...and they say they will be receiving 3 cars soon to test drive.

cdeforrest
07-03-2013, 05:01 PM
I've spoken to my 9 or 10 closest dealers & this jibes with what most of them say. 3 cars arriving in the next week or so, and then they can take orders for more.
Now, depending on the dealer, they might have a list a mile long for those orders. Two dealers (Capitol, Fremont) I spoke to have 100+ people on the list and/or don't expect to clear the queue until year end.
Some places didn't know (or weren't saying) what the colors & specs of their first 3 cars would be - but in most cases it didn't matter since the cars were already sold.

Andree
07-03-2013, 06:08 PM
I've spoken to my 9 or 10 closest dealers & this jibes with what most of them say. 3 cars arriving in the next week or so, and then they can take orders for more.
Now, depending on the dealer, they might have a list a mile long for those orders. Two dealers (Capitol, Fremont) I spoke to have 100+ people on the list and/or don't expect to clear the queue until year end.
Some places didn't know (or weren't saying) what the colors & specs of their first 3 cars would be - but in most cases it didn't matter since the cars were already sold.

Wait, they EACH have 100+ people on their list? Wow.

Gray with Sport package at McKevitt:
http://www.fiatusaofberkeley.com/new/FIAT/2013-FIAT-null-Berkeley-CA-542b832a0a0a0002018f48a13926d38c.htm?vin=3C3CFFGE4 DT712556&sid=1037056&channel=paidsearch&KWID=3399739620&KWNM=500l&TR=1

Andree
07-03-2013, 06:24 PM
My dealer told me 2 weeks and possibly less for arrival. They told me there are 2 centers that will receive the 500e's. One in northern cali and the other in southern. 48 hours delivery from there to the dealer.

I thought July 8 was the deadline to the take retail delivery according to the website. I guess since they will be missing that date that maybe the pricing will change.

Oh...and they say they will be receiving 3 cars soon to test drive.

Hey Danny, go to the website and do an inventory search

The window stickers work. And you can then see for sure the color and options on what is coming in.

Andree
07-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Looks like the steam (white) interior might be hard to find. The eSport package automatically makes the interior and accents black. I've found one in that group so far that has the steam interior and the exterior is gray (mossy fiat)

danny_1
07-04-2013, 02:06 AM
I put deposits on two of these cars. One is orange and the other is white (or whatever they call those two colors). I tried to use the link but couldn't understand it. I tried to recreate my cars and neither of them ended up looking like the options and whatnot that I picked. I will keep messing with it though.

Andree
07-04-2013, 04:00 AM
I put deposits on two of these cars. One is orange and the other is white (or whatever they call those two colors). I tried to use the link but couldn't understand it. I tried to recreate my cars and neither of them ended up looking like the options and whatnot that I picked. I will keep messing with it though.

I just tried the link again and it took me to one car in my area. Not all the cars in your area (southern california).

Use the configurator link then: http://www.fiatusa.com/hostc/bmo/CUX201304/models.do

And click on the "View Inventory". It's under the car picture, first there is "Get a Quote", then "Payment Calculator" and then is the "View Inventory".

On the Inventory page there will be a place near upper left corner to enter/change the zip code. Enter your zip. You can change the mile radius too, I choose the 200+, which should be all of California (I think).

Right now it only shows 11 cars. None are orange. The white ones have black interior. Only one had a white interior with the gray exterior.

Man oh man, I sure wish I could get a white with white interior. I'd prefer plain glossy white, but they only have the pearl. And with the orange headrests, I think the orange mirror caps would look great, plus the orange stripe. Someone somewhere has to do it, and take a picture, and post it, just so I can oooh and ahhh over it.

I'll be eagerly looking online for photos and hope people will post photos as they see the cars.

Edit: there is also a mistake on the configurator (as usual). The black matte wheels with orange accent are supposed to be a part of the eSport package, and that also has wheel widths of different sizes.

The regular 500e has silver wheels.

georges
07-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Last I heard from my dealer was the middle of July.

The $2000 incentive ends on the 8th. Maybe they will extend it when the 500e comes out.

500eee
07-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Hi guys, I just joined this forum- I am on the waiting list at OC Fiat for a Grigio/Nero (e-Sport + Sunroof). Last I talked to the dealer they said that they *might* be getting a bunch of 500e's in this Monday.

I think the way it works is: they get in a shipment of cars, they go to the wait list and call the first person on the list. If the person is still interested in purchasing the car, the dealer checks to see if they received one with the color and options the person wants. If not, they go on to the next person on the list. At some point I guess you can order a car and it then takes about three weeks to get it from the factory.

I managed to "test drive" a 500e when they had a couple on loan for the weekend from Fiat last month. I couldn't leave the parking lot, but still got a good feel for the car in general. I liked it a lot- the only thing that concerned me was the air conditioning did not seem strong enough. I assumed that it was just because we were driving it around in small circles, only up to 20 MPH at any point.

I look forward to sharing info!

Sean

jenkess18
07-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Hi guys, I just joined this forum- I am on the waiting list at OC Fiat for a Grigio/Nero (e-Sport + Sunroof). Last I talked to the dealer they said that they *might* be getting a bunch of 500e's in this Monday.

I think the way it works is: they get in a shipment of cars, they go to the wait list and call the first person on the list. If the person is still interested in purchasing the car, the dealer checks to see if they received one with the color and options the person wants. If not, they go on to the next person on the list. At some point I guess you can order a car and it then takes about three weeks to get it from the factory.

I managed to "test drive" a 500e when they had a couple on loan for the weekend from Fiat last month. I couldn't leave the parking lot, but still got a good feel for the car in general. I liked it a lot- the only thing that concerned me was the air conditioning did not seem strong enough. I assumed that it was just because we were driving it around in small circles, only up to 20 MPH at any point.

I look forward to sharing info!

Sean

Did you get to test drive one with a sunroof? If so, how was the headroom?

I'm on the waitlist for one in the Bay Area and my dealer put my name down on a "build sheet" for a Grigio/eSport/sunroof. Can't wait!

500eee
07-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Did you get to test drive one with a sunroof? If so, how was the headroom?

I'm on the waitlist for one in the Bay Area and my dealer put my name down on a "build sheet" for a Grigio/eSport/sunroof. Can't wait!

Yup, and I'm 6'2" :-) yay Grigio!