PDA

View Full Version : how accurate is Ultra Gauge?

zyxelenator
07-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Hi guys, I found today my Ultra Gauge that I used on previous cars.
I set it up to show boost, HP and torque on one of the screens.
Did a test run. I had MM on Race mode, sport on, ESC partially off, AC off, windows up. I also have Ingen intake and forge blow off plate, and I adjusted actuator a little.
City roads -couple easier pulls HP went up to 166.
Pull on hwy ramp 3 gear HP went up to 185.4
From stop light- I got wheel hop and it went up to 233 HP.
I did not really pay attention to TQ numbers this time or to Boost, but boost was more than 15 psi for sure.
Wonder how accurate that gauge is?
P.S. it's 500T

dart1.4t
07-02-2013, 10:12 PM
233 is too high. may have just been a spike from the holeshot or you may need to do some kind of calibration. well come to think of it if you had wheel spin and it is strictly obd2 data and no extra accelerometer then it will read high. it should be capable of being as or more accurate than drag strip mph calcutaions which are surprisingly accurate.

GoFiatGo!
07-02-2013, 10:35 PM
233 is too high.

166 was too high...

zyxelenator
07-02-2013, 11:30 PM
166 was too high...
? you think 500t can't push 166 with MM box and Intake, when Abarth pushes around 200?

GoFiatGo!
07-03-2013, 12:28 AM
? you think 500t can't push 166 with MM box and Intake, when Abarth pushes around 200?

Yes that is exactly what I think, You are not going to make 30HP from an MM box and intake. Most I've seen is a 21HP gain. Especially when you "made 166 on light pulls". I agree with above, do a 1/4mi. run for real results.

dart1.4t
07-03-2013, 07:58 AM
Yes that is exactly what I think, You are not going to make 30HP from an MM box and intake. Most I've seen is a 21HP gain. Especially when you "made 166 on light pulls". I agree with above, do a 1/4mi. run for real results.

the 500t is the same motor as the abarth. it should in theory be possible to make as much as an abarth does with a box. don't really know in practice though.. depends on how well the ecu tolerates being lied to.

sfhpawel
07-03-2013, 12:33 PM
the 500t is the same motor as the abarth. it should in theory be possible to make as much as an abarth does with a box. don't really know in practice though.. depends on how well the ecu tolerates being lied to.

Someone with a brain lol

You can recover some % of the 30hp loss on the 500T without ECU modification.

-Adjusting the wastegate actuator(theory: less spring load physically adjusted from factory)
-muffler delete

and your ECU is already altered

now bump up the boost 3-5psi.... hmmm might be closer than you think! Cant wait to try out the water/meth injection

also ... I think the piggy back should run the same ratio of power increase. Why not?

Its too early to throw my 500T on the dyno... I'll wait to see what kind of development happens over the summer. Planning on getting some true numbers in the cool Fall weather.

puntoevo
10-21-2015, 04:44 PM
I know that is a old post
but I am trying to know if with the ultragauge, i can delete the engine fault codes?
Anyone knows if it is posible.
thanks

Klasse Act
10-21-2015, 07:38 PM
I know that is a old post
but I am trying to know if with the ultragauge, i can delete the engine fault codes?
Anyone knows if it is posible.
thanks

I bought a used Ultra gauge from my buddy when he sold his MS3 and he said you can clear fault codes, I haven't had to do this yet, thankfully. Let us know what you found out, would like to know myself for sure but I don't see why not.

puntoevo
10-22-2015, 03:37 AM
I ask this, because i read that a owner of a lancia can not clear fault codes.
lancia, fiat and alfa romeo is so similar, and i prefer to be sure that you can delete on a fiat car.

you can try to disconnect some sensor and clear the fault codes for be sure.