PDA

View Full Version : ROAD RACE intake whistle noise?

NORCAL SS
06-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Put my road race intake on and i get a whistle noise after like 5k rpms is this normal?

SuperTony
06-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Ohhhhh yeah. That is the Turbo Whine I have referred to in my previous posts. My favorite sound.

I started a thread on it here:
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?9536-Turbo-Whine-Auditory-CRACK-for-my-brain

FTY
06-29-2013, 10:42 AM
Put my road race intake on and i get a whistle noise after like 5k rpms is this normal?

You will get that sound with all open filter intakes....for those who don't like it there is the V3. I love it....

Ohhhhh yeah. That is the Turbo Whine I have referred to in my previous posts. My favorite sound.

I started a thread on it here:
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?9536-Turbo-Whine-Auditory-CRACK-for-my-brain

Agreed !! :)

NORCAL SS
06-29-2013, 11:04 AM
Cool ill wire up my wet nitrous kit today then. Thanks guys.

dylansi
06-29-2013, 02:07 PM
I personally havent heard the RRM intake but the ATM HCI has a crazy whistle at WOT. My daughter calls my car a jet airplane, haha

Tweak
06-30-2013, 12:00 AM
I personally havent heard the RRM intake but the ATM HCI has a crazy whistle at WOT. My daughter calls my car a jet airplane, haha

I have the RRM intake and drove in a car with the ATM intake and it to me was like the RRM sound multiplied by 50...would drive me insane if I had to spend more than 10-15 minutes hearing it but I get why it happens and most have managed to accept it without issue, few sold theirs, trade-off for the benefits it offers. :)

dylansi
06-30-2013, 01:08 AM
I have the RRM intake and drove in a car with the ATM intake and it to me was like the RRM sound multiplied by 50...would drive me insane if I had to spend more than 10-15 minutes hearing it but I get why it happens and most have managed to accept it without issue, few sold theirs, trade-off for the benefits it offers. :)

Yea I agree. I told my wife the other day I am tired of hearing this "thing." I think she likes it though, I dunno. I have gotten use to it, it really only gets annoying when going up a long hill, I use cruise control 85% of my driving so Its just a constant vacuum sound while climbing. If i get tired of it usually granny drive the car with sport off to get a break. All in all at WOT its enjoyable.

Mr. Man
06-30-2013, 03:51 AM
I love it, sounds like the car is totally pissed and going insane :burnout:

NORCAL SS
06-30-2013, 06:05 AM
Yah my car does sound nice with the stock set up just adding the intake. not getting a louder blow off valve

redred
06-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Totally normal. Mine does it too. So did my Madness intake that I had before. Here's a recording of it:

http://youtu.be/C4qNiB65ud8

TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
07-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Guys just an FYI the next project on our agenda is developing a ram air intake that will work in conjunction with our FMIC, this intake will have the same design features of our HCI(silicone construction,billet velocity stack, large filter) Since it will be located at the front of the car sound will no longer be an issue. The inlet for the intake is planned to reside in the area of the current passenger side intercooler.