PDA

View Full Version : 500e window sticker

georges
06-27-2013, 03:27 AM
I thought everyone would enjoy this.

Robert Nixon
06-27-2013, 09:29 AM
$33,700 is the sticker price on that one, and then there is something like a $7,500 tax credit, so you could say the cost is more like 26,200 or so.

500ways
06-27-2013, 10:11 AM
$33,700 is the sticker price on that one, and then there is something like a $7,500 tax credit, so you could say the cost is more like 26,200 or so.

not a bad deal

Ryephile
06-27-2013, 10:26 AM
Thanks for sharing! The motor and transmission from "DE".....is that Germany?

I'm curious what "Driver seat memory" means.

GoFiatGo!
06-27-2013, 10:33 AM

If it is like any other vehicle there should a memory for seat position. For example I'm a big guy and my friend is a small guy, I hit preset 2 in his car and the seat auto moves back and leans back. When he hits preset 1 the seat slides forward and tilts up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er894Obzxn0

ReconTopher
06-27-2013, 10:34 AM
Driver seat memory is where you program the settings/position of the driver seat. When it is changed, by another driver presumably, you just press button 1 and the seat goes back to where your preferences are. So the seats will have electronic adjustment buttons, instead of levers.

*GoFiatGo! just beat me to it, and with video! ;)

Ryephile
06-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Right guys, but our 500's don't have power seats as an option, so that would mean the 500e adds power seats and then memory for it. None of which makes sense on a car where electricity is in relatively short supply. The irony is not lost on me.

Andree
06-27-2013, 01:21 PM
I like the "saves $9,100" in 5 years part. Yay! People forget that the higher cost of electric vehicles can be wiped out in 5 years with the gas savings (at 15,000 miles per year). And the savings don't stop at the end of five years. That's before tax credits and incentives. Making the gas savings plus incentives plus rebates in five years total about $20K. So the vehicle costs less than a Pop after five years. Roughly. Very roughly.

Andree
06-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Right guys, but our 500's don't have power seats as an option, so that would mean the 500e adds power seats and then memory for it. None of which makes sense on a car where electricity is in relatively short supply. The irony is not lost on me.

Seems to me there is an app for that. Where you can have the 500e start and warm up or cool off, while it is plugged in to a charging port, using the electricity from the port rather than the battery. I would guess you could also activate the memory seat remotely.

So I could actually get the car started, to my preferred temperature, with the seat just right for me, before even getting to the car. I like that idea.

Edit: Oops, that might be the Honda Fit EV:
http://automobiles.honda.com/fit-ev/hondalink.aspx

marc04
06-28-2013, 07:08 PM

I believe the "memory seats" in this case refers to the fact that when you fold the vertical part of the front seat (called "seatback") and move the whole seat forward to get in the back, you can restore the seatback (of the front seat) to the same tilt it was before folding it forward.

Fiat500USA
06-28-2013, 07:41 PM

Made in Germany by Bosch.:smile:

sjmst
06-28-2013, 07:55 PM
I believe the "memory seats" in this case refers to the fact that when you fold the vertical part of the front seat (called "seatback") and move the whole seat forward to get in the back, you can restore the seatback (of the front seat) to the same tilt it was before folding it forward.

Right our manual seats have memory as stated above. I doubt they would add extra electric draw and weight to an EV.

Did you see the 116MPG?

Tweak
06-28-2013, 09:07 PM

Welcome to the forum Marc.