PDA

View Full Version : Performance Upgrades

CanAmMick
06-26-2013, 03:27 PM
Just purchased a used 2012 500 Sports, manual transmission with 6900 miles on it.. As far as performance upgrades what can I do to get a little more power from it without spending a lot of money???

Thanks!

Mick

Tweak
06-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Another NC resident, sweet! Welcome to the forum and congrats on joining the forum.

Intake, exhaust (or muffler delete), lowering springs, Sprint Booster or goPedal, Road Race Motorsports Timing controller, these would be some of the best mods to make it more enjoyable.

CanAmMick
06-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Another NC resident, sweet! Welcome to the forum and congrats on joining the forum.

Intake, exhaust (or muffler delete), lowering springs, Sprint Booster or goPedal, Road Race Motorsports Timing controller, these would be some of the best mods to make it more enjoyable.

Tweak, Thanks!!!

What is the difference between the Spring Booster and the Go Peddle? I know what the Sprint Booster does, but not too sure about the Go Peddle... Can you use them both at the same time????

sfhpawel
06-26-2013, 04:54 PM
different names, same thing. I own a goPedal. You have 3 settings plus an additional 6 tweaks (+3/-3)
The sprint booster has 3 settings.
They work the same if you already know what the Sprint booster does. I had a discussion with Tweak the other day. It seems one offers a more custom feel between each setting (seems like overkill but I like it) and the other offers a more ... "let me just put it in race mode already!" or eco mode *but no one uses that!* hahaha

They both offer warranty's for quite some time, and from personal experience, it has changed the fun factor of the car even more.

CanAmMick
06-26-2013, 06:03 PM
different names, same thing. I own a goPedal. You have 3 settings plus an additional 6 tweaks (+3/-3)
The sprint booster has 3 settings.
They work the same if you already know what the Sprint booster does. I had a discussion with Tweak the other day. It seems one offers a more custom feel between each setting (seems like overkill but I like it) and the other offers a more ... "let me just put it in race mode already!" or eco mode *but no one uses that!* hahaha

They both offer warranty's for quite some time, and from personal experience, it has changed the fun factor of the car even more.

sfhpawel, Thanks for the info!!

Guess I had better do some shopping around to see where I can find the best price. The dealer where I purchased my 500 told us about the Sprint Booster and said it really made a difference on how it performed. Go Peddle sounds very interesting, so I going to do some some research on it... Really appreciate the info.

Mick

FTY
06-26-2013, 07:27 PM

What Tweak said, you can start with a RRM TC (biggest power increase) and progress with the normal bolt-ons, exhaust, intake ect.

The sprint booster although does not make a difference with power it does alter the feel of power delivery by changing the sensitivity of the gas pedal.

Tweak
06-27-2013, 09:28 PM
Evening CanAmMick, answers given are what I would have said so you have some options out there now, the goPedal seems an ideal pedal mod with the number of options compared to the competition. :cool:

Seafarer61
06-27-2013, 10:20 PM
I think the single biggest "feel" mod I've done to date is installing the Go Pedal. The easiest way I can describe what it does is imagine if someone else's foot was pressing down on your own. That pretty much sums it up. It doesn't ADD horsepower, it just delivers what your car has in a quicker fashion, which essentially equates to the same result you'd get if your foot weighed 100-lbs more than it does. :p

CanAmMick
06-28-2013, 04:25 PM
I really appreciate everyone's input. Decided to go with the Go Peddle. Should have it ordered sometime next week when I get back from my trip..

Thanks again!!!!!

Mick

animator659
07-21-2013, 01:27 PM
I just upgraded to a 500T last week but I had a 500 Sport for the past two years and it is my daily driver up a 14 mile, 4000ft hill climb every day. I found that the greatest performance mods were:

1.Moderate Spring change - Eibach Pro-kits (which allowed me to carry more speed around corners, allowing for fewer down shifts and better milage).

2. Road Race Corsa Intake - the minimal added torque helped maintain power up hill at cruising speed. This also helped maintaining consistent speeds while cruising on the Hwy at 3k RPM.

3. Road Race Timing Controller - emphasized the torque gains of the intake.

I was accustomed to sharp pedal response on my last car (2008 STI) but I declined a sprint booster after trying it out. It simply gives you all the throttle control in the first 30-50% of the pedal. Basically an extension of one of the features of the sport button. I figured I would just push harder on the pedal and save the coinage for other mods.

Just my two cents, hope it helps.