PDA

View Full Version : POGEA CHIP? old or new?

sfhpawel
06-26-2013, 01:36 PM
http://shop.pogea-racing.com/en/chiptuning?shop_id=1&shop_locale=en&manufacturer=abarth&series=500&model=1-4-multiair-usa-168-ps&stage_product=stage-1

Hey all just stumbled upon this... during my daily "1.4multiair ecu tune" google search

shagghie
06-26-2013, 01:41 PM
http://shop.pogea-racing.com/en/chiptuning?shop_id=1&shop_locale=en&manufacturer=abarth&series=500&model=1-4-multiair-usa-168-ps&stage_product=stage-1

Hey all just stumbled upon this... during my daily "1.4multiair ecu tune" google search

Not sure if this is the same tuning map, but through the rumorville, I think this was at least initially, an epic fail. I think they were working with a vendor here in the USA and running this tune on some local cars in the area, with varying degrees of success, and failure. Perhaps they are now further along, or perhaps this offering you've found on the website, has absolutely nothing to do with the effort I'm referencing, and is good to go. Pogea are a high quality shop in general, so I'm hoping for the former...

shagghie
06-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Looks like they have a Stage 1 and a Stage 2 offering as well:

Stage 1:

Tuning Data:
Normal Optimized
Perfomance 163PS 195PS
Torque 230Nm 265Nm
Info:
The engine delivers 285Nm in SPORT Mode. The Power remains constantly the same.

Stage 2:
" Normal Optimized
Perfomance 163PS 205PS
Torque 230Nm 300Nm
Info:
The engine delivers 285Nm in SPORT Mode. The Power remains constantly the same.

^^^ probably a type-O on the the stage 2 sport mode statement... should say 300Nm i believe.

Lastly based off the pic, look likes you'd have to send them your ECU, or else they'll need to have partner vendors here, or else offer a DIY kit, which would be uncommon:

http://shop.pogea-racing.com/configurator/big/21_7c830aa309.jpg

Ryephile
06-26-2013, 02:27 PM
ooOOOOoo pokey pins connecting to the JTAG. That means they haven't cracked the OBDII connector comm, like most others have been struggling with.

That said, I cannot wait for an ECU flash (don't care if it's bench, are you vendors listening at all?), that fixes the boost controller curve, BOV function, lazy throttle in normal mode, and limited use of MultiAir everywhere.

Just my opinion, 205PS [or 202HP or whatever it converts to] is pushing our little GT1446 very hard [i.e. not very efficient]. I still think going to a "medium turbo' like the GT2056 would be a perfect fit for most owners needs.

shagghie
06-26-2013, 07:06 PM
ooOOOOoo pokey pins connecting to the JTAG. That means they haven't cracked the OBDII connector comm, like most others have been struggling with.

That said, I cannot wait for an ECU flash (don't care if it's bench, are you vendors listening at all?), that fixes the boost controller curve, BOV function, lazy throttle in normal mode, and limited use of MultiAir everywhere.

Just my opinion, 205PS [or 202HP or whatever it converts to] is pushing our little GT1446 very hard [i.e. not very efficient]. I still think going to a "medium turbo' like the GT2056 would be a perfect fit for most owners needs.

I have an email into Pogea with a bunch of questions, will report back IF/when they answer. They are EU, so could be a few weeks.
Ferp.

Jjm4life
06-27-2013, 09:21 AM
In for more info. Agree that a smaller gt series turbo would be sweet.
Pogea us and madness are one in the same no?

MADNESSLuckyJay
06-27-2013, 12:26 PM
In for more info. Agree that a smaller gt series turbo would be sweet.
Pogea us and madness are one in the same no?

Hey guys, yeah, we've united with Pogea to bring the products to the US, last I heard about this tune, was that it worked but the performance bump wasn't enough yet, and further work and testing was needed. They didn't want to come out with something that might disappoint some. About the listing on their site, I'm not sure, I'll send an email to Eduard Pogea and see what the latest word is

shagghie
06-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Hey guys, yeah, we've united with Pogea to bring the products to the US, last I heard about this tune, was that it worked but the performance bump wasn't enough yet, and further work and testing was needed. They didn't want to come out with something that might disappoint some. About the listing on their site, I'm not sure, I'll send an email to Eduard Pogea and see what the latest word is

Thanks Jay! I didn't get anything back from Pogea yet.

Ryephile
06-27-2013, 06:06 PM

Ok, well that's something. FWIW, I think most of us understand the stock turbo has relatively modest limits of about 200 HP. As long as Pogea has access to the portions of the ECU to fix the basics [boost controller curve, BOV function, lazy throttle in normal mode, and limited use of MultiAir everywhere.], then the tune will improve both part-throttle drivability and WOT torque.