PDA

View Full Version : Tim's Abarth build

TimAllen
06-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Hey guys, In the next two weeks I'll be getting the forge intercooler, BOV, Turbo actuator, and Injen intake on at once!
I'll tell you how the parts are and take some pics and vids!
I am starting my build over as I got some less then quality products that had bad fitment so hopefully this goes well.
Also I am waiting for the Megan Racing exhaust and the Eurocharged chip,
those will be going on when they are released
And a short shifter some time in the future.
Have a good day,
Tim

06-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Sounds good.... youre a brave man being a guinea pig for the eurocharged reflash! I guess you are giving them your ECU to reprogram?? Not sure I could do that but kudos to you, hope it works out. The Forge stuff looks very solid. Ill look for the pictures.

Dwaynek
06-25-2013, 09:18 PM
was in Edmonton a couple of weeks ago and couldn't believe the amount of potholes! How does the Abarth handle them?

TimAllen
06-26-2013, 01:23 AM
It's just a permanent slalom course haha
But it does not to bad, surprisingly!
That's why I backed off lowering or coil overs
I want to keep it higher and a bit softer to handle them sadly :(

shagghie
06-26-2013, 01:32 AM
looks like a solid build! Is Terry at EC just going to do a bench flash for you then?

I would take a close look at the ATM FMIC if you haven't already got the Forge purchased... entirely different class od product and the only one with real design and data logging to know what you are buying. Off-the-shelf core FMIC's are a hit and miss endeavor with the Forge.

TimAllen
06-26-2013, 05:34 PM
looks like a solid build! Is Terry at EC just going to do a bench flash for you then?

I would take a close look at the ATM FMIC if you haven't already got the Forge purchased... entirely different class od product and the only one with real design and data logging to know what you are buying. Off-the-shelf core FMIC's are a hit and miss endeavor with the Forge.

No I am gonna wait and see if they come out with an obd tune!

shagghie
06-26-2013, 06:13 PM
No I am gonna wait and see if they come out with an obd tune!

Funny you should say that... "good things come to those who wait". I resisted the urge to buy a generic FMIC to wait for the ATM one after I saw the workmanship and performance of their designs on Audi and Mini cars, etc. Legendary FMIC's! These guys can tune cars in their sleep, too...so as soon as the OBD-2 protocol is cracked and the interface sorted, it's going to be GAME OVER.

dart1.4t
06-26-2013, 06:44 PM
hey tim, is this you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmQ-84K8jRk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30K2hhnV88I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwRSwJtngDI&feature=c4-overview&playnext=1&list=TLfyASmTNGlbo

TimAllen
06-26-2013, 07:35 PM
hey tim, is this you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmQ-84K8jRk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30K2hhnV88I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwRSwJtngDI&feature=c4-overview&playnext=1&list=TLfyASmTNGlbo
hahah nope! haven't heard that one before.... ;P

TimAllen
06-26-2013, 07:38 PM
Funny you should say that... "good things come to those who wait". I resisted the urge to buy a generic FMIC to wait for the ATM one after I saw the workmanship and performance of their designs on Audi and Mini cars, etc. Legendary FMIC's! These guys can tune cars in their sleep, too...so as soon as the OBD-2 protocol is cracked and the interface sorted, it's going to be GAME OVER.
Thanks for plugging their product twice already haha
Ill be fine with the Forge one, pretty sure they have quite the pedigree.

shagghie
06-26-2013, 10:40 PM
Thanks for plugging their product twice already haha
Ill be fine with the Forge one, pretty sure they have quite the pedigree.

sorry i thought you meant "no" on the Forge and you were hoping ATM came out with an obd2 tune, lol.
looks like i read your reply 180 degrees backwards!

We worked Jerry several months ago, he used my Pop's car to pull the stock map from early this year.
Last I left off he was still working in the holy grail: the obd2 protocol crypto/interface.

He's had the maps done montgs ago... wish him all the luck on the crypto.

srry, didnt mean to "plug" ATM's ecu tune or fmic... i was excited for you thinking you were nay on the Forge and YAY on the ATM ECU tune/FMIC. ha!

Abarth Phreak
06-26-2013, 11:19 PM
sorry i thought you meant "no" on the Forge and you were hoping ATM came out with an obd2 tune, lol.
looks like i read your reply 180 degrees backwards!

We worked Jerry several months ago, he used my Pop's car to pull the stock map from early this year.
Last I left off he was still working in the holy grail: the obd2 protocol crypto/interface.

He's had the maps done montgs ago... wish him all the luck on the crypto.

srry, didnt mean to "plug" ATM's ecu tune or fmic... i was excited for you thinking you were nay on the Forge and YAY on the ATM ECU tune/FMIC. ha!

Haha Shaggie...then I'll plug it. Go for the ATM FMIC or kick yourself in the nuts later!!! nutkick

TimAllen
06-27-2013, 12:40 AM
I already ordered the forge! Just a misunderstanding haha Im sure both are quality products.
Excited to see how all the parts turn out!
Ill let you all know

shagghie
06-27-2013, 01:23 AM
it's gonna turn out awesome; u r doing the best mods.
mpx TB is a must, too!

TimAllen
06-27-2013, 11:30 AM
it's gonna turn out awesome; u r doing the best mods.
mpx TB is a must, too!

Ya thinking about doing that later too!

TimAllen
08-08-2013, 01:29 AM
So after a long delay I will have the forge intercooler, Wastegate Actuator and Blow off valve on by tomorrow night hopefully.
Along with the injen intake!!
I will post pictures and how every feels and all that :)
then next hopefully the Eurocharged chip when it is released!!

TimAllen
08-09-2013, 05:41 PM
So got all the parts on today expect for the Intercooler.
500 madness sent me a mk5 gti intercooler instead of the abarth one.... so that was a surprise haha :lame:
Last time I ordered from them, I got their short ram intake that fit like s***
They have been pretty good to deal with but getting sick of all the F****** hassle
The blow off valve sounds great and it holds boost alot better!
I would definitely recommend the BOV and the WGA from Forge
The Injen intake is great as well! but doesn't spool quite as fast as the ram intake style like the eurocompulsion one
Ill take some pics and vids and soon as I can! :p

Abarth Five O
08-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Sorry to hear about your woes w/ Madness. Unfortunately that was a huge shipping mistake, but I'm sure they will make it right for you. Look forward to seeing your pics and vids.

TimAllen
08-10-2013, 03:01 PM
I took some quick pictures for you guys!
Looks awesome!
The Injen intake is Huge in person, love it!

Abarth Five O
08-10-2013, 06:08 PM
The Forge BOV and WGA looks solid and well made.

TimAllen
08-10-2013, 06:18 PM
The Forge BOV and WGA looks solid and well made.
Ya, quality products!

TimAllen
04-07-2014, 11:58 PM
Sorry I haven't updated in forever!
Just installed my summer rims with yokohama AD08R 215/40/17.
As you can see in my signature im getting a lot of new parts this summer :D
Ill be getting and updated how they are around beginning of may!
The initial impression of the tires is great!
Super responsive and they have loads of grip, still breaking them in so cant fully test them, and they are quiet for that type of tire.
They are quieter then the stock pirelli's and seem to be better in every respect! I highly recommend them!
the left rear rubs a little when I corner hard but im putting in 10mm spacers as it is just slightly rubbing some kind of line on the inside.
So that should fix that!

Pics soon

TimAllen
04-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Just a couple quick pictures!

Abarth Five O
04-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Nice! Good to see u back. I love the NeuF rims too. I might try the Yokohamas for my next set of tires.

TimAllen
04-08-2014, 12:51 PM
Ya they are great but have only been driving on for a little bit on them. Ill give a another update down the road. They do ride pretty firm (not a whole lot worse then the pirelli's though) but its worth it for the advantages.
Im sure the roads are good in Honolulu so that wouldn't be much of an issue!

I can't wait for the coilovers so I can lower that monster truck of a back end haha

Abarth Five O
04-08-2014, 05:38 PM
On the contrary, our roads here are embarrassing, even when the President comes here w/ his family for his annual vacation. angryred After years of neglect and public outcry, only now the State and City are slowly repaving our baddest roads. U bought the best COs for the Abarth in the market today and you will be a happy camper. When it's time to retire my BCs, I plan to upgrade to Bilsteins.

crankin
04-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Sorry I haven't updated in forever!
Just installed my summer rims with yokohama AD08R 215/40/17.
As you can see in my signature im getting a lot of new parts this summer :D
Ill be getting and updated how they are around beginning of may!
The initial impression of the tires is great!
Super responsive and they have loads of grip, still breaking them in so cant fully test them, and they are quiet for that type of tire.
They are quieter then the stock pirelli's and seem to be better in every respect! I highly recommend them!
the left rear rubs a little when I corner hard but im putting in 10mm spacers as it is just slightly rubbing some kind of line on the inside.
So that should fix that!

Pics soon

Slight rubbing in the rear, are you lowered at all? I was thinking about the same size tire.

TimAllen
04-09-2014, 01:27 AM
no im stock ride height but im gonna lower it, the rubbing is not because of the height.
It is rubbing a brake line just barely on hard cornering. only on the left side.
Im assuming because the problem with bent shaft or axles or shifted ones what ever it is.
Spacers will fix it im pretty sure but when I put them on ill update!
I think others are running the same tire size with no problems.
Also these yokohamas are extra wide for 215s. The side wall in pretty much straight up and down.

MADNESS Kevin
04-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Just a couple quick pictures!

Looks great Tim! Needs a little bit of Low!

TimAllen
04-09-2014, 08:33 PM
I agree! getting on that ASAP!

TimAllen
04-10-2014, 02:52 PM
The 5mm spacers fixed all the rubbing on the back tires!
I haven't hit any really big bumps but I assume it will be fine then.
These tires grip like no tire i've ever driven on!!

TimAllen
04-25-2014, 02:17 PM
Got an exciting update!!
I got my bilstein coilovers, neuf short shifter, torsion bar, and catback exhaust on!
First off the coilovers are just perfect! Ride comfort is close to stock and handle immensely better. Dampening is way better too.
I cant find a flaw personally.
Everything is great! The exhaust is just a tiny bit louder and kinda deeper and more gargles down low. Perfect sound I think.
Ill try to take some good pics ASAP
Ill be away next week so hopefully I can get some before then!
Id recommend the Bilsteins to everyone!

Tweak
04-25-2014, 08:38 PM
Got an exciting update!!
I got my bilstein coilovers, neuf short shifter, torsion bar, and catback exhaust on!
First off the coilovers are just perfect! Ride comfort is close to stock and handle immensely better. Dampening is way better too.
I cant find a flaw personally.
Everything is great! The exhaust is just a tiny bit louder and kinda deeper and more gargles down low. Perfect sound I think.
Ill try to take some good pics ASAP
Ill be away next week so hopefully I can get some before then!
Id recommend the Bilsteins to everyone!

Great! Look forward to the pics soon.

AudiGuy
04-25-2014, 09:41 PM
Great! Look forward to the pics soon.

But my build thread gets banished to the projects and builds section that nobody knows exists? Kinda strange..

Nice Tim! The car is coming along nicely. I bet the handling difference is night and day compared to when you bought it. The torsion bar was the most noticeable for me. Although the stock spring rate was terrible.

TimAllen
04-25-2014, 10:54 PM
But my build thread gets banished to the projects and builds section that nobody knows exists? Kinda strange..

Nice Tim! The car is coming along nicely. I bet the handling difference is night and day compared to when you bought it. The torsion bar was the most noticeable for me. Although the stock spring rate was terrible.

Ya almost feels like a new car! I couldn't really tell how much is the torsion bar and coilovers cause I got them on the same time.
The new tires helped alot too with the handling.
Are those carbon door handle covers still working good?
Thinking I might do that some time after the unichip :D

AudiGuy
04-25-2014, 11:13 PM
Ya almost feels like a new car! I couldn't really tell how much is the torsion bar and coilovers cause I got them on the same time.
The new tires helped alot too with the handling.
Are those carbon door handle covers still working good?
Thinking I might do that some time after the unichip :D

I'm sure having all of that installed at the same time is sensory overload. The handle covers are great so far. I plan on shaving the pieces a bit tomorrow to get the fit perfect. The unichip should be awesome. Can't wait to get a legit tune in this car. It's been the thing that's been missing the most (aside from the suspension).

TimAllen
04-26-2014, 12:40 AM
I'm sure having all of that installed at the same time is sensory overload. The handle covers are great so far. I plan on shaving the pieces a bit tomorrow to get the fit perfect. The unichip should be awesome. Can't wait to get a legit tune in this car. It's been the thing that's been missing the most (aside from the suspension).

Ya id agree with that!
I want to drive it all day now haha

Tweak
04-27-2014, 12:33 AM

#1 That section was requested by multiple forum members and created then all moved there.

#2 I see it gets attention and remains active so I wouldn't call it "banished".

AudiGuy
04-27-2014, 12:30 PM
#1 That section was requested by multiple forum members and created then all moved there.

#2 I see it gets attention and remains active so I wouldn't call it "banished".

You don't seem to get it. You moved my build thread, yet continue to comment in a build thread but keep it in the performance section? You don't see how that looks weird?

Tweak
04-27-2014, 11:01 PM
You don't seem to get it. You moved my build thread, yet continue to comment in a build thread but keep it in the performance section? You don't see how that looks weird?

I am posting in this thread because it is a currently active thread since my last visit...also if I try to Move it to the Builds section it states this cannot be done because it is already in that section which means one of the other staff moved it or there is a redirect/link from its original location to the member requested build area. I don't get why this is such a big deal though, different forum areas for different purposes like every internet forum. Members requested and got a location for all of the projects and builds so they wouldn't need to look for them. If people are interested in builds they'll visit that area just like those wishing to buy would check the Classifieds, it just makes good sense.

TimAllen
04-27-2014, 11:32 PM
Should I stop posting here? Or is it okay?
I Dont want any controversy or anything!

AudiGuy
04-28-2014, 08:04 AM

Sorry Tim. Didnt mean to derail your thread. Ill PM and explain.

Tweak
04-28-2014, 08:50 PM

It is fine here, no worries things are as they should be and you've done what you should.

TimAllen
04-29-2014, 12:56 AM
Some quick pictures :)
Again I gotta say how perfect the Neuf exhaust is! Had some big backfires today, louder then the stock exhaust and better tone!
The tips look gorgeous too.
Unichip is the next mod im hoping! Maybe plasti dipping some chrome too

AudiGuy
04-30-2014, 10:24 AM
Some quick pictures :)
Again I gotta say how perfect the Neuf exhaust is! Had some big backfires today, louder then the stock exhaust and better tone!
The tips look gorgeous too.
Unichip is the next mod im hoping! Maybe plasti dipping some chrome too

Jealous about the exhaust. You should get a can of the "glossifier" from plastidip too. A layer of that on tol of the flat black would look awesome.

TimAllen
05-01-2014, 05:08 PM
I might take some sound clips of it too. Sounds dirty. The backfires are even louder now! love it

Ya I was doing some research on that!
I'm probably gonna go with the glossifier and if I want flat black, ill just peel it and change it.
Ill take pics when I get it all done.

DIVSAbarth500
05-01-2014, 11:44 PM
Looking very good! Is that your C30 also?

TimAllen
05-02-2014, 10:07 PM
Looking very good! Is that your C30 also?
No that is my brothers! Its a nice car! hes got it pushing 310 hp about. Sounds meannn

DIVSAbarth500
05-03-2014, 01:35 PM
No that is my brothers! Its a nice car! hes got it pushing 310 hp about. Sounds meannn

Nice. I always loved the C30. Awesome pair of cars btw you and the bro.

TimAllen
05-08-2014, 11:44 AM
Hey I saw some sweet matte vinyls on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251343931878?var=550284135651
I was thinking about changing the side stripe to matte black and plastidip my mirrors too.
I think it would look killer on a black car. It would just show a little.
What do you guys think of that?
And how had is it to remove the stock side stripes and putting on new vinyl?
Also thinking about doing this hood vinyl in matte black too
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151227627856
Saw someone on the forum post the hood ones and that sparked the idea as I saw it can come in matte black!

LittleEvil
05-08-2014, 12:52 PM
I was thinking about changing the side stripe to matte black and plastidip my mirrors too.
Saw someone on the forum post the hood ones and that sparked the idea as I saw it can come in matte black!

That hood stripe is pretty clean.

AudiGuy
05-09-2014, 01:27 PM

That was me. I ordered one in black. Ill post pics of it once its done.

MADNESSJoseph
05-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Those tires look beefy! Very nice my friend!

TimAllen
05-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Those tires look beefy! Very nice my friend!
Ya I love the look!

TimAllen
06-16-2014, 08:10 PM
Uni chip has shipped!!!!! Ill let you guys know how it goes and I have been busy so haven't had time to do some plastidipping
Hopefully soon

TimAllen
06-27-2014, 04:51 PM
Installed the Unichip and I have nothing to add to all the other reviews, works perfectly how it is supposed too! GREAT smooth power!
I want to thank Chris for all the help and for putting up with me! EUROCOMPULSION is a treat to deal with (literally ;) )
If anyone wants to see pictures and videos of when I use the SONAX POLYMER NET SHIELD I got from them let me know.
Looks like a great product and wax substitute.

TimAllen
07-06-2014, 08:02 PM
https://vimeo.com/100056208

Just a little clip of my car driving away :P

Tweak
07-06-2014, 08:49 PM
https://vimeo.com/100056208

Just a little clip of my car driving away :P

Sounds good. For future reference, turn the phone sideways when filming. I have read many people say this and it does make for a nicer looking video. ;)

TimAllen
07-06-2014, 11:40 PM
Sounds good. For future reference, turn the phone sideways when filming. I have read many people say this and it does make for a nicer looking video. ;)

Ya I know, my bro just took a quick vid when I was leaving!
I got on his case don't worry ;) haha

Tweak
07-07-2014, 10:42 PM
Ya I know, my bro just took a quick vid when I was leaving!
I got on his case don't worry ;) haha

At least he'll know for next time! ;)

TimAllen
07-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Just a couple pics of my new carbon diffuser courtesy of DIVSAbarth500! I also put my carbon front whisker back on.
http://i57.tinypic.com/10pyhcl.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/6fv34l.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/29cqsgl.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/19twzr.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/257q2at.jpg

I know shes a little dirty :( Damn you water spots!!!!!

Abnormalradio13
07-27-2014, 08:20 AM
Looks good man. I plan on getting carbor fiber parts as well soon

TimAllen
07-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Looks good man. I plan on getting carbor fiber parts as well soon

Ya they make the car look higher class if you know what I mean haha
Debating on the carbon handle covers from vanhook.

Abnormalradio13
07-29-2014, 11:00 AM
I'm grabbing some hood vents, carbon fiber rear spoiler an forza front splitter from RRM

TimAllen
08-15-2014, 03:00 PM
Just a quick video of my exhaust :)
Loving the stage 2 Unichip!!!
Audio is okay but the backfires aren't as loud as in person sadly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Dictjthws&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Dictjthws&feature=youtu.be

Rico_Abarth
08-15-2014, 08:52 PM
Looks great!
Neu-F exhaust looks great too!