PDA

View Full Version : Code System Warning light

rallyesports
06-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Today when I leave work I got into my car, unalarmed, started, took off normally, and then I got this warning light which I have no idea what it means, got home and researched it, says Code System, anyone know what it means? And why I got it?

Robert Nixon
06-25-2013, 10:02 AM
that second symbol looks like what is on this link for a Fiat Punto, something to do with the key code, but it's not in my Abarth manual

http://www.fiatia.com/fman-434.html

Shagnwrx
06-25-2013, 12:16 PM
I got that when I accidentally set off the alarm one day getting out of the car. When I came back and started the car, those lights were on. It's basically telling you someone either accidentally hit the alarm or someone tried to get into the car. It'll reset when you stop and restart the motor.

Tweak
06-25-2013, 01:26 PM
I got that when I accidentally set off the alarm one day getting out of the car. When I came back and started the car, those lights were on. It's basically telling you someone either accidentally hit the alarm or someone tried to get into the car. It'll reset when you stop and restart the motor.

This would be my guess, looks like the alarm got triggered sometime while you were away.

FTY
06-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Someone was doing some HEAVY petting to your ABARTH, will you were away. :)

rallyesports
06-25-2013, 04:41 PM
I hope nothing wrong with my key code

FiatCACares
06-26-2013, 09:39 AM
Today when I leave work I got into my car, unalarmed, started, took off normally, and then I got this warning light which I have no idea what it means, got home and researched it, says Code System, anyone know what it means? And why I got it?

Rallyesports,

Shagnwrx is right, if the alarm is triggered this light will come on to let you know and will turn off once the vehicle is restarted.

If the vehicle Security Light is on after the key is turned to the ON/RUN position, it indicates that there is a problem with the electronics; and if the light turns on during normal vehicle operation (running longer the 10 secs), it indicates there is a fault in the electronics and should be serviced by a studio as soon as possible. This information can be found in the Owner's Manual, pg. 13.

If you have any other questions please feel free to PM me! :)