PDA

View Full Version : ATM FMIC Group buy and Data/Information Thread

TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
06-24-2013, 01:30 PM
***beerchug We are now at the lowest price point of $799 + shipping. We are now shipping and have several FMICs in stock and available for purchase!***

Shipping and Handling Rates are:
East USA-$45
Central USA-Ohio to the Rockies-$52
Western USA-$60

Eastern Canada-$60
Central Canada-$64
Western Canada-$68

Group buy pricing is as follows:
-MSRP $899 + shipping
-10-14 $849 + shipping
-15+ $799 + shipping

To expedite your order simply add the shipping total to the balance due and PayPal us at www.paypal.com and pay this account:
AmbientThermalManagement@yahoo.com

Please make sure you include a confirmed shipping address.

1. Jjm4Life-paid/delivered
2. Shagghie-paid/delivered
3. RM-paid/delivered
4. NS-paid/delivered
5. NG-paid/delivered
6. MK-paid/delivered
7. AL-paid/delivered
8. JP-paid/delivered
9. MG-paid/delivered
Price cut to $849
10. DA-paid/delivered
11. TC-paid/delivered
12. DA-paid/delivered
13. JR-paid/shipped
Price cut to $799
14. JS-paid/delivered
15. SD-paid/delivered
16. DF-paid/shipped

Multidimensional Intercooling:
Prior to our original stepped core designs for the Helix BMW and Mini; you had the option to either go taller or thicker with the cores. In our design process, we measured the captive areas in the front of the bumper in both depth and height. We went about designing an intercooler that took up all of this area in multiple planes. We also designed the intercooler to sit against the factory heat exchangers, so the radiator fan could still draw ambient air through the core when the vehicle is stopped or in low speed situations. The end result is an intercooler with 66% more frontal area as well as 81% more core volume than stock.

Now about the core:
Since we custom spec'd the core to this application, we were not constrained to an off the shelf core in regards to ambient and internal fin count. The core in the ATM FMIC is a single unit stacked up to our specifications regarding to ambient row height, charge row height, internal fin count, and external fin count. Since our core has more volume, we could increase the internal fin count and remove more temperature while still meeting the targeted air flow with minimal pressure drop for this application. As you see by the AIT and pressure drop data logs(below) the intercooler works amazingly well.

Another Design feature to our core is the use of half round header bars on the ambient face and in the charge side of the core. These half round bars help to direct airflow with less restriction though the core to the radiator. The rounded header bars also offer less pressure drop across the core. This is due to the charge air not having to find its direction into the core nor fight flat surfaces (laminar airflow)!

Endtank Design:
All endtanks are not created equal. Air likes to flow in a smooth curved radius and as you can see the ATM FMIC has casted rounded endtanks . Another thing you will notice is we opted not to utilize any of the factory Plumbing. Our reasoning was simple; the factory plumbing is THE flow restriction in the charge side as they have many diameter and direction changes, unnecessary volume as well as a plethora of potential leak points.

System Volumes:
ATM FMIC with efficient and direct low volume charge pipes. 1300 ml total charge pipe volume 64% less volume than stock

Factory IC system, indirect high volume charge charge pipes with a multitude of direction chages and potential leak points. 3570ml total charge pipe volume

We collected this information by filling a measuring cup with water to 1000ml (1 Liter) then filling the individual pieces with the water. I lightly shook the components to remove air pockets. I did not include areas of overlap such as hoses over endtanks. I accounted for the volume only once on the hose portion and not the endtank neck. I took these measurements twice to ensure accuracy.

The factory is about 1700ml per intercooler (1700 x 2 = 3400ml), 1750ml for the hot side charge pipe, and 1820ml for the cold side charge pipe. In total its approximately 6970-7000ml.

The ATM Intercooler is 3200ml + Cold Side chargepipe 800ml + Hot side chargepipe 500ml = 4500ml. That's 2.5 liters less volume than the factory system.

You're probably wondering why the ATM core that is suppose to be larger has a lower internal volume. What you have to remember is that the factory intercoolers have a total of 4 endtanks where the ATM FMIC reduces it to two entanks. Also we have a pretty high internal fin density in the charge rows.

Our silicone starts right at the turbo outlet, to the intercooler, and from the intercooler to the plastic TIP sensor housing.

Datalogs:
The factory system has A LOT of plumbing which adds lag and pressure drop. The pressure drop requires the turbo to work harder by producing more pressure to hit the target boost and this causes a higher turbo charger outlet temperature further decreasing the intercooler system's effectiveness. You can see on the first datalog how the turbo outlet temps damn near maxed out the upper limits of our sensor. **SIDE NOTE: pressure and temperature have a somewhat linear relationship in air. As pressure increases, so does temperature. As temperature decreases, so does pressure (PV=nRT). If an intercooler is efficient at decreasing temperature it may appear as though it is not efficient at flowing air (low pressure drop). This is due to the congruent decrease in air pressure as the air is cooled. It is hard to quantify how much of the pressure drop is due to temperature reduction and how much is due to airflow restriction because the air pressure and temperature changes exist in the same vessel (system) at the same time.** One other BIG disadvantage is boost drop off. Because the factory intercooler system requires the turbo to work harder, the turbo runs out of steam sooner. You can see in the second (standing start) data log how the boost drops off (especially in 4th gear). A efficient flowing intercooler will keep the turbo in it's efficiency range longer. The factory cores are light and can not "bank" cold temperature. As a result they heat soak quickly but also recover quickly. We watched the post intercooler temps raise a a traffic light until it was the same temp as the pre intercooler temperature. This process didn't take long. Once moving the temps started to reduce but not as quickly as I'd prefer, but then again I'd prefer them not to raise in the first place. Another cause for this is the positioning of the intercoolers at the side of the car vs. in front of the radiator fans. If it were a FMIC, the radiator fans could assist in flowing air over core at idling or slow speed scenarios.

Stock 30-80mph X 3 & ATM 30-80mph X 3, 78 degree ambient temp on both runs
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/shagghie/91B149C2-7367-4A67-A5A8-2F08A3CEC37C-2295-00000183F5D958E5.jpg

STOCK: 1-4 gear & ATM Intercooler: 1-4 gear standing start, 78 degree ambient temp on both runs
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/shagghie/44881E84-2625-48F3-9498-D126D765A583-2295-00000183F018B91A.jpg

Independent testing and comments on the Ambient Thermal Management FMIC:
"I'm beyond impressed. the silicon hoses fit perfectly the first time. the clamps are high quality(never used clamps like this before i like them a lot). the size difference between the new piping and the oem is night and day. much larger volume, and no bizarre transitions in diameter.
as for the intercooler itself, the welds are a work of art. love the design of the end tanks. the intercooler itself fits perfectly snug right below the crash support. its obviously a lot of time went into making sure it all fit proper.
this is by far the best quality intercooler i have ever bought. better than my evo, lotus, noble."
-Jjm4Life

Install:
Requires NO cutting,removal and/or permanent modification other than drilling a 9/64" hole for upper FMIC mount
Utilizes factory mounting points- Yes

Design:
More core volume than stock- Yes 81%(factory ICs are 248/ci combined, ATM is 450/ci)
More Ambient face than stock- Yes 66%(factory Ics are 99.4 sq/in combined, ATM is 165 sq/in)
More charge rows than stock(12 on 1st pass and 10 on 2nd pass combined)- Yes 14
Less charge pipe volume than stock-Yes 64% less volume
Bar and Plate construction- Yes with half round bars
Removes restrictive stock plumbing - Yes
Sits closely to factory exchangers so air is drawn through when car is not in motion- Yes
Weight of the Intercooling systems-Factory 20lbs with most of weight in the plumbing, ATM 19lbs with most of the weight in the Intercooler

***The datalogs and information shared on this thread is the intellectual property of ATM and may NOT be used without the expressed written permission of ATM***

06-24-2013, 01:37 PM
30-80mph x 3 (78 degrees fahrenheit on both sets of logs)
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/shagghie/91B149C2-7367-4A67-A5A8-2F08A3CEC37C-2295-00000183F5D958E5.jpg

Standing start (78 degrees fahrenheit on both sets of logs)
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/shagghie/44881E84-2625-48F3-9498-D126D765A583-2295-00000183F018B91A.jpg

we will put up actual numerical pressure drops and temp drops later have to revisit the datalogs...

***The datalogs and information shared on this thread is the intellectual property of ATM and may NOT be used without the expressed written permission of ATM***

Ryephile
06-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Excellent :)

Don't forget to mention that the new FMIC system is 1 pound lighter, mainly due to the reduction in all that complicated factory charge pipe routing.

F5, F5, F5, F5, F5 for pricing.

shagghie
06-24-2013, 01:46 PM
Umm wow, those numbers look incredible... just what I was hoping to see. Lower boost and lower temps... awesome!

Ryephile
06-24-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm in. Deposit sent. :) Getting 15+ on this GB would be killer. Where's Norcal SS and Zonker? :wavey:

We're talking about a month for manufacturing & shipment, right?

Kurumi
06-24-2013, 06:41 PM
You guys @ ATM stop this right now, my wallet can't handle the abuse. All these goodies with no money to buy them.

At least spread out the group buys a few months apart. :p

mark449
06-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Im in for being the 15th person for sure!

Jjm4life
06-24-2013, 11:45 PM
i cannot stress enough how night and day the difference is once the intercooler was installed. i knew it was going to be an improvement, but didnt think it would be this big. lag is gone, transient response makes the car feel damn near normally aspirated in comparison. im by no means a nut swinger, but these guys had my sold on their intake when they were the firs to put up numbers. i doubted it then, but decied buy. damn am i happy i did. the intercooler is no different.
install was easy, even without directions. and did i mention it just works?

nojeebs
06-24-2013, 11:56 PM
Uggh I wish my car didn't get hit this past friday...would love to dump that money into this. >______<

Ryephile
06-25-2013, 10:09 AM
Uggh I wish my car didn't get hit this past friday...would love to dump that money into this. >______<

Bummer! Hope you're OK and the car can be mended quickly.

shagghie
06-25-2013, 11:40 AM

Are you kidding me???? Is it major? I know these cars are small and all that, but they're not THAT low to the ground, sheesh... Josh at Madness just got his ride smashed as well last week, and his car is one you simply cannot miss visually, just like yours. Did you have damage to your AG's?

mudking
06-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Deposit in!! Can't wait!

06-25-2013, 01:09 PM
***guys we are going to be continuously populating this post with data-information, its ALOT of info please bear with us!***

-MSRP $899 + shipping
-10-14 $849 + shipping
-15+ $799 + shipping

If interested in joining the GB please Paypal us a $100 deposit at www.paypal.com and pay this account:

We will ship all kits out once we have a solid production # and manufacturing is complete!

2. Shagghie-paid deposit/in production
3. RM-paid deposit
4. NS-paid deposit
5. NG-paid deposit
6. MK-paid deposit
7. BD-paid deposit
8. DA-paid deposit

Prior to our original stepped core designs for the Helix BMW and Mini; you had the option to either go taller or thicker with the cores. In our design process, we measured the captive areas in the front of the bumper in both depth and height. We went about designing an intercooler that took up all of this area. We also designed the intercooler to sit against the factory heat exchangers, so the radiator fan could still draw ambient air through the core when the vehicle is stopped or in low speed situations. The end result is an intercooler with 66% more frontal area as well as 81% more core volume than stock.

Now about the core:
Since we custom spec'd the core to this application, we were not constrained to an off the shelf core in regards to ambient and internal fin count. The core in the ATM FMIC is a single unit stacked up to our specifications regarding to ambient row height, charge row height, internal fin count, and external fin count. Since our core has more volume, we could increase the internal fin count and remove more temperature while still meeting the targeted air flow with minimal pressure drop for this application. As you see by the AIT and pressure drop data logs(below) the intercooler works amazingly well.

Another Design feature to our core is the use of half round header bars on the ambient face and in the charge side of the core. These half round bars help to direct airflow with less restriction though the core to the radiator. The rounded header bars also offer less pressure drop across the core. This is due to the charge air not having to find its direction into the core nor fight flat surfaces (laminar airflow)!

Endtank Design
All endtanks are not created equal. Air likes to flow in a smooth curved radius and as you can see the ATM FMIC has casted rounded endtanks . Another thing you will notice is we opted not to utilize any of the factory Plumbing. Our reasoning was simple; the factory plumbing is THE flow restriction in the charge side as they have many diameter and direction changes, unnecessary volume as well as a plethora of potential leak points.

System Volumes

ATM FMIC with efficient and direct low volume charge pipes. 1300 ml total charge pipe volume 64% less volume than stock

Factory IC system, indirect high volume charge charge pipes with a multitude of direction chages and potential leak points. 3570ml total charge pipe volume
INTERCOOLER SYSTEM VOLUME:

We collected this information by filling a measuring cup with water to 1000ml (1 Liter) then filling the individual pieces with the water. I lightly shook the components to remove air pockets. I did not include areas of overlap such as hoses over endtanks. I accounted for the volume only once on the hose portion and not the endtank neck. I took these measurements twice to ensure accuracy.

The factory is about 1700ml per intercooler (1700 x 2 = 3400ml), 1750ml for the hot side charge pipe, and 1820ml for the cold side charge pipe. In total its approximately 6970-7000ml.

The ATM Intercooler is 3200ml + Cold Side chargepipe 800ml + Hot side chargepipe 500ml = 4500ml. That's 2.5 liters less volume than the factory system.

You're probably wondering why the ATM core that is suppose to be larger has a lower internal volume. What you have to remember is that the factory intercoolers have a total of 4 endtanks where the ATM FMIC reduces it to two entanks. Also we have a pretty high internal fin density in the charge rows.

Our silicone starts right at the turbo outlet, to the intercooler, and from the intercooler to the plastic TIP sensor housing.

DATALOGS

The factory system has A LOT of plumbing which adds lag and pressure drop. The pressure drop requires the turbo to work harder by producing more pressure to hit the target boost and this causes a higher turbo charger outlet temperature further decreasing the intercooler system's effectiveness. You can see on the first datalog how the turbo outlet temps damn near maxed out the upper limits of our sensor. **SIDE NOTE: pressure and temperature have a somewhat linear relationship in air. As pressure increases, so does temperature. As temperature decreases, so does pressure (PV=nRT). If an intercooler is efficient at decreasing temperature it may appear as though it is not efficient at flowing air (low pressure drop). This is due to the congruent decrease in air pressure as the air is cooled. It is hard to quantify how much of the pressure drop is due to temperature reduction and how much is due to airflow restriction because the air pressure and temperature changes exist in the same vessel (system) at the same time.** One other BIG disadvantage is boost drop off. Because the factory intercooler system requires the turbo to work harder, the turbo runs out of steam sooner. You can see in the second (standing start) data log how the boost drops off (especially in 4th gear). A efficient flowing intercooler will keep the turbo in it's efficiency range longer. The factory cores are light and can not "bank" cold temperature. As a result they heat soak quickly but also recover quickly. We watched the post intercooler temps raise a a traffic light until it was the same temp as the pre intercooler temperature. This process didn't take long. Once moving the temps started to reduce but not as quickly as I'd prefer, but then again I'd prefer them not to raise in the first place. Another cause for this is the positioning of the intercoolers at the side of the car vs. in front of the radiator fans. If it were a FMIC, the radiator fans could assist in flowing air over core at idling or slow speed scenarios.

DATALOGS

STOCK: 1-4 gear & ATM Intercooler: 1-4 gear standing start, 78 degree ambient temp on both runs

"I'm beyond impressed. the silicon hoses fit perfectly the first time. the clamps are high quality ( never used clamps like this before i like them a lot). the size difference between the new piping and the oem is night and day. much larger volume, and no bizarre transitions in diameter.
as for the intercooler itself, the welds are a work of art. love the design of the end tanks. the intercooler itself fits perfectly snug right below the crash support. its obviously a lot of time went into making sure it all fit proper.
this is by far the best quality intercooler i have ever bought. better than my evo, lotus, noble."
-Jjm4Life

Install:

Requires NO cutting,removal and/or permanent modification other than drilling a 9/64" hole for upper FMIC mount

Design:
More core volume than stock- Yes 81%(factory ICs are 248/ci combined, ATM is 450/ci)
More Ambient face than stock- Yes 66%(factory Ics are 99.4 sq/in combined, ATM is 165 sq/in)
Sits closely to factory exchangers so air is drawn through when car is not in motion- Yes
Weight of the Intercooling systems-Factory 20lbs with most of weight in the plumbing, ATM 19lbs with most of the weight in the Intercooler

Ryephile
06-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Mark, I have two more questions:

*Total charge pipe volume versus stock, is that number available?
*What do the new charge pipes replace? Turbo compressor outlet to FMIC, then FMIC to ?? hard pipe above transmission ??

WegoFaster@Ambient Thermal Management
06-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Mark, I have two more questions:

*Total charge pipe volume versus stock, is that number available?
*What do the new charge pipes replace? Turbo compressor outlet to FMIC, then FMIC to ?? hard pipe above transmission ??

I collected this information by filling a measuring cup with water to 1000ml (1 Liter) then filling the individual pieces with the water. I lightly shook the components to remove air pockets. I did not include areas of overlap such as hoses over endtanks. I accounted for the volume only once on the hose portion and not the endtank neck. I took these measurements twice to ensure accuracy.

Abarthman
06-26-2013, 06:27 AM
Mark;
Impressive design and great info.
However, I think the one piece of info a LOT of folks want is missing: DYNO results!!!

06-26-2013, 09:00 AM
Mark;
However, I think the one piece of info a LOT of folks want is missing: DYNO results!!!

Well we could dyno the car and I am sure we would see positive results. However; if there was one system that is out of it's element on a dyno, its intercooling. You just can reproduce road going conditions. What you will see it the advantage of the minimal system volume and thermal banking (resistance to heat soak) of our intercooler.

We opted to invest time and money in datalogging and offer you information that no other manufacturer that I can recall has ever offered. We produced temperature and pressure reading before and after the factory system as well as our FMIC. We use a pair of matching GM IAT sensor and a pair of matching GM 3BAR MAP sensors. We wanted to make sure that the sensors on the pre and post intercooler matched so that the scaling is exactly the same and the results will be the same for both systems tested. We also did our best to position the sensors in areas with as close to matching cross sections as possible. This way the sampling area would closely match. Who does this? These guys!bigok As proof of how we went about collecting this data, I offer you the below pictures of the sensor installation.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l247/agennello/IMG_3972_zps71efccb7.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l247/agennello/IMG_3973_zps37d18c30.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l247/agennello/IMG_3974_zps6f685f35.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l247/agennello/IMG_3975_zps73c6f60b.jpg

shagghie
06-26-2013, 11:32 AM
Mark;

The data logs above mean a ton more than dyno results for this product, imo. I'm buying this primarily because I like the idea of my turbo working less to make the same power, with less lag. Everything else is sugar on top... including the incredible engine jewelry aspect of this beast, especially after we finish up our front grill DIY project... the combo is going to be next level!

Check out the graphs and the temps in the upper right hand corner... you can't even put a price on those deltas, and I'm going to be driving this Abarth for a long time... longevity is another primary objective. (I also have an ulterior motive fantasy of re-purposing the passenger side SMIC duct for a forced-air CAI design)

nojeebs
06-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Are you kidding me???? Is it major? I know these cars are small and all that, but they're not THAT low to the ground, sheesh... Josh at Madness just got his ride smashed as well last week, and his car is one you simply cannot miss visually, just like yours. Did you have damage to your AG's?

Thanks for the concern gang. :) Just the Rear cf diffuser is damaged and the bumper needs adjustment on the passenger side. I do see paint chipping where the taillight and bumper meet since it's been pushed up. Sucks since the diffuser is one of the newer parts on the car and honestly my favorite part currently. :-p The wheels are fine and being pampered as usual. Actually I might have something new in the works if I can get AG behind building me a set. *ssshhhhhh* Bwahaha.

shagghie
06-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the concern gang. :) Just the Rear cf diffuser is damaged and the bumper needs adjustment on the passenger side. I do see paint chipping where the taillight and bumper meet since it's been pushed up. Sucks since the diffuser is one of the newer parts on the car and honestly my favorite part currently. :-p The wheels are fine and being pampered as usual. Actually I might have something new in the works if I can get AG behind building me a set. *ssshhhhhh* Bwahaha.

Damn man, that Diffuser is NOT cheap, either. Glad about the wheels...and you've got my attention with the Top Secret. Srry ATM for the off-topic...was just shocked, that's all. BTW, send a Deposit just now for the pre-run unit.

berlinetta
06-28-2013, 09:23 AM
(I also have an ulterior motive fantasy of re-purposing the passenger side SMIC duct for a forced-air CAI design)

My thoughts exactly, I'll take one of the combination FMIC+ram air inlet kits please.

06-28-2013, 09:56 AM
My thoughts exactly, I'll take one of the combination FMIC+ram air inlet kits please.

I am already looking at it. The biggest obstruction is the windshield washer reservoir. I believe the washer pump is integrated into the tank. It will have to be replaced or relocated.
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l247/agennello/IMG_3957_zps5690884a.jpg

Ryephile
06-28-2013, 10:02 AM
I am already looking at it. The biggest obstruction is the windshield washer reservoir. I believe the washer pump is integrated into the tank. It will have to be replaced or relocated.

It is integrated, but that shouldn't be too big of a problem and there's a ton of space on the driver side in front of the transmission. I'm also mocking up a prototype right now that'll be 1st draft this weekend. Perhaps we should collaborate to get a good design finished quicker.

Speaking of quicker, what's the timeframe on these FMIC's getting shipped?

06-28-2013, 10:49 AM
It is integrated, but that shouldn't be too big of a problem and there's a ton of space on the driver side in front of the transmission. I'm also mocking up a prototype right now that'll be 1st draft this weekend. Perhaps we should collaborate to get a good design finished quicker.

Speaking of quicker, what's the timeframe on these FMIC's getting shipped?

We planned on casting a plug in replica of the factory side mount intercooler that uses the current side duct and acts as a ram air system with our velocity stack/filter and custom silicone as well as an AEM bypass filter. Production times for FMIC is same as helix 6-8 weeks.

Jjm4life
06-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Id be in for a "new" ATM intake to take up the void where my intercooler was.

Did i mention im loving this intercooler? Still shocked how much better the car responds

shagghie
06-28-2013, 11:09 AM
We planned on casting a plug in replica of the factory side mount intercooler that uses the current side duct and acts as a ram air system with our velocity stack/filter and custom silicone as well as an AEM bypass filter. Production times for FMIC is same as helix 6-8 weeks.

Even lowered, do we really need the AEM bypass filter? That duct isn't like street-rice low; I think someone else measured 11" from ground, maybe a few inches lower when lowered? (maybe it can be an option for wet-climate customers that deal with flash floods and severe weather and/or road conditions?)

Ryephile
06-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Even lowered, do we really need the AEM bypass filter? That duct isn't like street-rice low; I think someone else measured 11" from ground, maybe a few inches lower when lowered? (maybe it can be an option for wet-climate customers that deal with flash floods and severe weather and/or road conditions?)

It's like you read my mind Shaggie. :) Oh, we should prolly get a moderator to splice this out into a new topic in ATMs sub-forum.

It's too bad we can't easily rotate the turbo and put the air inlet on the driver side of the engine bay, where there's more room to work with. That'd also keep the washer bottle in its stock location. Uh oh, this is giving me all sorts of evil ideas. LOL

Here's what I see as major design points for a "front bumper cheek CAI" after the FMIC is installed:
*Velocity stack
*Massive filter area for low pressure drop
*Rain baffle/airbox to keep water away from filter during rain and tire splash
*Smooth run up to compressor inlet will be much straighter and cleaner than current intake offerings.

06-28-2013, 11:44 AM
I am going to work on the AirBath first then I will take a closer look at this intake option.

DJ Sueno
06-28-2013, 09:33 PM
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l247/agennello/IMG_3955_zps864d025f.jpg
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l247/agennello/IMG_3959_zps9a022966.jpg

Do you have any better direct front pictures ? Or is the intercooler off center when mounted ?

I don't know if it's the angle, but looking at those two pictures, it seems to be off...

Tweak
06-28-2013, 09:40 PM
^^^ Somewhere (don't recall exactly) they posted about why it is off a bit, I am fairly certain the end result is aligned properly.

shagghie
06-28-2013, 11:26 PM
I didnt know fmic's had to be centered in the first place... certainly doesn't matter to me, when I see one i think "Function", with no thoughts of symmetry or centeredness entering my mind, u know?

Jjm4life
06-29-2013, 03:16 AM
mine is as close to dead center as i could ever imagine it being. i posted pics, but will try to get a better front shot as soon as i can

06-29-2013, 08:10 AM
^^^ Somewhere (don't recall exactly) they posted about why it is off a bit, I am fairly certain the end result is aligned properly.

We had to off center it a bit due the datalogging temp and pressure sensors BUT it's centerered perfectly now. Our mounting brackets allow left to right adjustability and the best way to get it perfectly centered is:
Once the front bumper cover is off you close the hood and use the abarth center badge as your centering guide, then you simply pencil a line straight down the front of the steel bumper. This line is the plane in which you mount the front/center alignment bracket.(which resides dead center of the core) It's that simple...

06-29-2013, 09:32 AM
***guys we are going to be continuously populating this post with data-information, its ALOT of info please bear with us!***

-MSRP $899 + shipping
-10-14 $849 + shipping
-15+ $799 + shipping

If interested in joining the GB please Paypal us a $100 deposit at www.paypal.com and pay this account:

We will ship all kits out once we have a solid production # and manufacturing is complete!

3. RM-paid deposit
4. NS-paid deposit
5. NG-paid deposit
6. MK-paid deposit
7. BD-paid deposit
8. DA-paid deposit
9. CrossfireCat-

Prior to our original stepped core designs for the Helix BMW and Mini; you had the option to either go taller or thicker with the cores. In our design process, we measured the captive areas in the front of the bumper in both depth and height. We went about designing an intercooler that took up all of this area in multiple planes. We also designed the intercooler to sit against the factory heat exchangers, so the radiator fan could still draw ambient air through the core when the vehicle is stopped or in low speed situations. The end result is an intercooler with 66% more frontal area as well as 81% more core volume than stock.

Now about the core:

Endtank Design:

System Volumes:

Datalogs:

"I'm beyond impressed. the silicon hoses fit perfectly the first time. the clamps are high quality(never used clamps like this before i like them a lot). the size difference between the new piping and the oem is night and day. much larger volume, and no bizarre transitions in diameter.
-Jjm4Life

Install:

Design:

lenswerks
06-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Is some type of black coating an option or have any ill effect?

Tweak
06-29-2013, 11:42 PM
We had to off center it a bit due the datalogging temp and pressure sensors BUT it's centerered perfectly now. Our mounting brackets allow left to right adjustability and the best way to get it perfectly centered is:
Once the front bumper cover is off you close the hood and use the abarth center badge as your centering guide, then you simply pencil a line straight down the front of the steel bumper. This line is the plane in which you mount the front/center alignment bracket.(which resides dead center of the core) It's that simple...

Thanks for the clarification, I knew it was off and became centered at some point. :D

Ryephile
06-30-2013, 07:04 PM
Is some type of black coating an option or have any ill effect?

+1 for a SwainTech thermally radiant stealth coating, for those of us into discreet function.

Crossfirecat
06-30-2013, 11:06 PM
+1 for a SwainTech thermally radiant stealth coating, for those of us into discreet function.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I keep thinking that any type of jet hog or swaintect coating would reduce heat transfer in a negative way. Wouldn't the coating cause heat to remain in the intercooler and reduce the air to air heat transfer? Does that make sense? Maybe I should not mix drinking and posting!

lenswerks
06-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but, I keep thinking that any type of jet hog or swaintect coating would reduce heat transfer in a negative way. Wouldn't the coating cause heat to remain in the intercooler and reduce the air to air heat transfer? Does that make sense? Maybe I should not mix drinking and posting!

No, that is why your radiator is black - black is emissive.
Just not sure about the backside against the radiator being black coated.

I'm interested in a black stain or anodized because I'm not much for the gold tooth or aluminum up front.
However, if done correclty there is a functional benefit to being black.

shagghie
07-01-2013, 02:00 AM
im getting mine in purple with orange silicone.

Jjm4life
07-01-2013, 07:30 AM
I vote laker purple, and im a celtics fan.

For real you can barely see MIT through the grill, and i know what im looking for. Its stealthier than my rrm exhaust for sure.

Crossfirecat
07-04-2013, 12:09 AM
im getting mine in purple with orange silicone.

LOL, I guess if its bare aluminum, You could just dunk it in some machinist's dye and viola! Instant Lakers purple!

On a sad note, My Abarth met with an idiot and a truckload of gravel on the way to work. No major damage aside from a cracked windshield and a dozen or so small chips in the hood! :cussing: Driver never stopped, even though gravel was spewing from his open lift gate going down the highway. Cars slamming on their brakes and horns blowing! I was lucky to be behind the first line of cars that took the brunt of it!
I'll be dropping her off at the body shop this coming Monday. A mild financial set back but, I'll send my deposit in within the next week once I've squared things up. Feel free to add me to the list with deposit pending.

Gigante
07-04-2013, 08:19 AM
LOL, I guess if its bare aluminum, You could just dunk it in some machinist's dye and viola! Instant Lakers purple!

On a sad note, My Abarth met with an idiot and a truckload of gravel on the way to work. No major damage aside from a cracked windshield and a dozen or so small chips in the hood! :cussing: Driver never stopped, even though gravel was spewing from his open lift gate going down the highway. Cars slamming on their brakes and horns blowing! I was lucky to be behind the first line of cars that took the brunt of it!
I'll be dropping her off at the body shop this coming Monday. A mild financial set back but, I'll send my deposit in within the next week once I've squared things up. Feel free to add me to the list with deposit pending.

I feel for you Crossfirecat, I would be the same Way and follow your lead in getting this repaired. My wife's 500c took a beating this past winter and I am going to have the front bumper, hood and door sils repaired in a couple of weeks. She loves her little 500c and and want her to keep feeling good about it.

Good luck.

musicsurf
07-06-2013, 03:31 PM
It's only money right? Deposit sent.

07-07-2013, 07:20 AM

-MSRP $899 + shipping
-10-14 $849 + shipping
-15+ $799 + shipping

3. RM-paid deposit
4. NS-paid deposit
5. NG-paid deposit
6. MK-paid deposit
7. BD-paid deposit
8. DA-paid deposit
9. CrossfireCat-
Price cut to $849
10. JP-paid deposit
11. MG-paid deposit
Price cut to $799

Now about the core:

Endtank Design:

System Volumes:

Datalogs:

-Jjm4Life

Install:

Design:

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
07-07-2013, 08:07 AM
I vote laker purple, and im a celtics fan.

For real you can barely see MIT through the grill, and i know what im looking for. Its stealthier than my rrm exhaust for sure.

Say, it ain't so a Celtics fan will NEVER have Laker's purple on anything. We bleed green. So sad to see Doc, Garnett and the Truth (Paul Pierce) go way. I think Ainge has gone insane. Sorry for the change on the subject,I just had to vent, Carry on with the FMIC. Inquiring minds want to know about this very cool (pun intended) product.

Jjm4life
07-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Say, it ain't so a Celtics fan will NEVER have Laker's purple on anything. We bleed green. So sad to see Doc, Garnett and the Truth (Paul Pierce) go way. I think Ainge has gone insane. Sorry for the change on the subject,I just had to vent, Carry on with the FMIC. Inquiring minds want to know about this very cool (pun intended) product.

Haha i was waiting to get called out on it. Wasnt for my car thats for sure. Gonna be a rebuilding year. Ainge played his hand while it was still worth something. Only two i will miss is doc and pierce.

shagghie
07-12-2013, 04:25 PM
Screw basketballs, I want this FMIC so bad. Like so so so so bad. Jjm4life... MOAR UPDATES? How's the AIT's etc lookin' now in the summer temps? I need to make it a few more weeks by living vicariously through you!

Jjm4life
07-13-2013, 03:23 AM
Screw basketballs, I want this FMIC so bad. Like so so so so bad. Jjm4life... MOAR UPDATES? How's the AIT's etc lookin' now in the summer temps? I need to make it a few more weeks by living vicariously through you!

Even in city traffic with all the heat/humidity we've been having in boston, the car still feels strong. No data to back it up, but its still cool to the touch

07-30-2013, 03:20 PM
***Only 3 more people needed to get to lowest price point!***

-MSRP $899 + shipping
-10-14 $849 + shipping
-15+ $799 + shipping

3. RM-paid deposit
4. NS-paid deposit
5. NG-paid deposit
6. MK-paid deposit
7. BD-paid deposit
8. DA-paid deposit
9. CrossfireCat-
Price cut to $849
10. JP-paid deposit
11. MG-paid deposit
12. DA-paid deposit
13. TC-paid deposit
Price cut to $799

Now about the core:

Endtank Design:

System Volumes:

Datalogs:

-Jjm4Life

Install:

Design:

Spool500
07-31-2013, 10:19 PM
come on everybody! only threemore people!!!! I cant wait for mine

Abarth Phreak
08-03-2013, 07:51 PM
come on everybody! only threemore people!!!! I cant wait for mine

I'm holding off until the other group buy is fulfilled...signwerd

pk9394
08-08-2013, 04:41 PM
I will buy it, if someone can help me install for free :livid:

deathshead
08-08-2013, 04:44 PM
I will buy it, if someone can help me install for free :livid:

Ill install it for you and even bring the beer if you buy me one too :)

Spool500
08-08-2013, 07:11 PM
where in NY? id help for free. can get em both done the same day

Jjm4life
08-08-2013, 07:15 PM
As far as installation goes, it was very straightforward and super easy. Since i have the first one, i didnt get instructions. Only had one question along the way which mark answered very fast. Hardest part is drilling the pilot hole in the crash bar.

musicsurf
08-08-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm crazily waiting in anticipation for this to battle this extremely humid and hot Florida summer.

pk9394
08-09-2013, 10:06 AM
where in NY? id help for free. can get em both done the same day

I live in queens, work at merrick, long island.

musicsurf
08-12-2013, 07:02 PM
So are we still looking at these shipping within the next couple weeks? I am DYING to get this on my car.

Ryephile
08-12-2013, 10:54 PM
Agreed, some status would be appreciated. I almost forgot I even paid the deposit. :fatigue:

08-13-2013, 01:22 PM
So are we still looking at these shipping within the next couple weeks? I am DYING to get this on my car.

I will get a tentative date for all you guys in the next few days BUT we are well into the manufacturing process which usually lasts about 8 weeks before we QC and ship. Our design takes longer to manufacture as the rounded face bars add several steps to the fabrication process.

Jjm4life
08-13-2013, 03:30 PM
its worth the wait gang, hang in there.

in the meantime, if anyone wants to come to boston for a "demo" let me know hah

Spool500
08-24-2013, 06:52 PM
any updates gentlemen?

musicsurf
09-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Do we have an approximate ETA yet?

trevc
09-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Deposit sent - can't resist anymore!

09-16-2013, 01:08 PM
***beerchugWe are now at the lowest price point of $799 + shipping beerchug!***

-MSRP $899 + shipping
-10-14 $849 + shipping
-15+ $799 + shipping

3. RM-paid deposit
4. NS-paid deposit
5. NG-paid deposit
6. MK-paid deposit
7. BD-paid deposit
8. DA-paid deposit
9. CrossfireCat-
Price cut to $849
10. JP-paid deposit
11. MG-paid deposit
12. DA-paid deposit
13. TC-paid deposit
14. DA-paid deposit
Price cut to $799

Now about the core:

Endtank Design:

System Volumes:

Datalogs:

-Jjm4Life

Install:

Design:

mr_robs
09-16-2013, 02:16 PM
I'm slowly slipping... As soon as i sell one of my volvo wagons ill send in deposit.

redred
09-16-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm slowly slipping... As soon as i sell one of my volvo wagons ill send in deposit.

Come on! You know you want one ;)

Abarth Phreak
09-17-2013, 12:38 AM
Dang it....

trevc
09-17-2013, 09:32 AM
Excellent news! dancingsmilies

Ryephile
09-17-2013, 09:37 AM
w00t!

shagghie
09-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Excellent news! dancingsmilies

Hah, you guys must be getting
:Blue::Blue:
by now, eh?

nojeebs
09-19-2013, 09:57 AM
I want to get in on this before it closes.....Uhhhh helping Shagghie do the install is not helping me stay away. :-p

sk8ace
09-21-2013, 09:39 PM
I may have to get in on this. lol. How much is the shipping to 15003?

ultramagnus
09-22-2013, 11:54 PM
This looks amazing, do you think shipping to Canada would be out of this world?

09-24-2013, 10:14 AM
I want to get in on this before it closes.....Uhhhh helping Shagghie do the install is not helping me stay away. :-p

At the moment we do not have pricing on shipping. Once everything comes in and we have weights/dimensions, we will have a better idea.

shagghie
09-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Teasers...

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/shagghie/EBE8C129-CE71-4E1C-9D7F-7349004489B8-1595-0000018B7B13938F_zpsbbd1d4c5.jpg (http://s60.photobucket.com/user/shagghie/media/EBE8C129-CE71-4E1C-9D7F-7349004489B8-1595-0000018B7B13938F_zpsbbd1d4c5.jpg.html)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/shagghie/B04F6040-AEBE-4EC3-8218-E9163B1159D7-1595-0000018B736A74A9_zpsb4e98d3d.jpg (http://s60.photobucket.com/user/shagghie/media/B04F6040-AEBE-4EC3-8218-E9163B1159D7-1595-0000018B736A74A9_zpsb4e98d3d.jpg.html)

This thing has just taken the performance to another level. Throttle response (less lag), and torque seem to be the biggest seat of the pants differences. The car just feels incredible 'eager' and the engine just wants to rev to infinity. The last 1500 or so RPMs make a lot more power than before...and I'm thinking that has as much to do with getting rid of the boost leaks in the OEM SMIC system. Boost just holds and holds and holds all the way to rev limiter. Worth the wait, gentlemen (and ladies!)

musicsurf
09-24-2013, 10:44 PM
Teasers...

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/shagghie/EBE8C129-CE71-4E1C-9D7F-7349004489B8-1595-0000018B7B13938F_zpsbbd1d4c5.jpg (http://s60.photobucket.com/user/shagghie/media/EBE8C129-CE71-4E1C-9D7F-7349004489B8-1595-0000018B7B13938F_zpsbbd1d4c5.jpg.html)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/shagghie/B04F6040-AEBE-4EC3-8218-E9163B1159D7-1595-0000018B736A74A9_zpsb4e98d3d.jpg (http://s60.photobucket.com/user/shagghie/media/B04F6040-AEBE-4EC3-8218-E9163B1159D7-1595-0000018B736A74A9_zpsb4e98d3d.jpg.html)

This thing has just taken the performance to another level. Throttle response (less lag), and torque seem to be the biggest seat of the pants differences. The car just feels incredible 'eager' and the engine just wants to rev to infinity. The last 1500 or so RPMs make a lot more power than before...and I'm thinking that has as much to do with getting rid of the boost leaks in the OEM SMIC system. Boost just holds and holds and holds all the way to rev limiter. Worth the wait, gentlemen (and ladies!)

STOP IT!!! I am very impatiently waiting for mine and you are not helping!

trevc
09-25-2013, 09:42 AM
+1
STOP IT!!! I am very impatiently waiting for mine and you are not helping!

shagghie
09-25-2013, 01:58 PM
+1
my bad....I take it back... bluegrab

NORCAL SS
10-05-2013, 03:06 AM
where can i order?

10-05-2013, 08:18 AM

-MSRP $899 + shipping
-10-14 $849 + shipping
-15+ $799 + shipping

3. RM-paid deposit
4. NS-paid deposit
5. NG-paid deposit
6. MK-paid deposit
7. BD-paid deposit
8. DA-paid deposit
9. CrossfireCat-
Price cut to $849
10. JP-paid deposit
11. MG-paid deposit
12. DA-paid deposit
13. TC-paid deposit
14. DA-paid deposit
Price cut to $799

Now about the core:

Endtank Design:

System Volumes:

Datalogs:

-Jjm4Life

Install:

Design:

10-05-2013, 08:20 AM
where can i order?

Look at the above GB info, as a tuner let us know if you would like to sell these to your customers we have 30 kits in production so plenty to go around!

NORCAL SS
10-05-2013, 09:48 AM
ill shoot you a pm. Headed home from the street races right now and its been a long night.. I need new drag radials for my car lol.

NORCAL SS
10-06-2013, 11:47 PM
IM ready to order just waiting to hear back from my pm to you.

Abarth Phreak
10-07-2013, 12:13 AM
where can i order?

Did you get it ordered and are you still considering a blackout look for it? If so, post pics when you get a chance. Thanks!

NORCAL SS
10-07-2013, 12:35 AM
i pmd them yesterday some other things i need to go ove

NORCAL SS
10-07-2013, 09:51 PM
JUST paid deposit

10-08-2013, 03:56 PM

-MSRP $899 + shipping
-10-14 $849 + shipping
-15+ $799 + shipping

3. RM-paid deposit
4. NS-paid deposit
5. NG-paid deposit
6. MK-paid in full
7. BD-paid deposit
8. DA-paid deposit
9. CrossfireCat-
Price cut to $849
10. JP-paid deposit
11. MG-paid deposit
12. DA-paid deposit
13. TC-paid deposit
14. DA-paid deposit
Price cut to $799
15. AL-paid deposit
16. JS-paid deposit

Now about the core:

Endtank Design:

System Volumes:

Datalogs:

-Jjm4Life

Install:

Design:

sptcoupe
10-13-2013, 10:55 PM
deposit sent!
This is Shagghie's dad.

NORCAL SS
10-13-2013, 11:50 PM
question how much more power would you estimate this fmic giving us??? like 10 hp?

NORCAL SS
10-15-2013, 02:09 AM
also how many weeks are we looking at until orders are shipped out?

10-15-2013, 04:28 AM
also how many weeks are we looking at until orders are shipped out?

We hope to start QC'ing, packing and shipping by next week. as far as power our intercoolers have shown to make 10-15hp on the mini and 15-20+ on the turbo bmw's.

Abarth Phreak
10-15-2013, 02:11 PM
We hope to start QC'ing, packing and shipping by next week. as far as power our intercoolers have shown to make 10-15hp on the mini and 15-20+ on the turbo bmw's.

Why not dyno this for the Abarth???? I know this was asked and answered around post #17....but its time!!!!dancingsmilies

It would be great to see some level of dyno data, although to your point ICs are hard to confirm consistently since it is temp and density driven.

NORCAL SS
10-15-2013, 02:23 PM
no one really dynos there car with parts from this forum ive noticed but I have a few bolt ons I will be dynoing my car with this fmic on and then another dyno with a tune.

At this point just hearing that there is less lag and less drop with this intercooler set up is a win for me.

shagghie
10-15-2013, 04:47 PM
no one really dynos there car with parts from this forum ive noticed but I have a few bolt ons I will be dynoing my car with this fmic on and then another dyno with a tune.

At this point just hearing that there is less lag and less drop with this intercooler set up is a win for me.

I wish I had the time and funds to dyno my car for us too. But all I can say is that after installing the FMIC, the whole car just works SO much better. The power comes on immediately even well before the inevitable boost surge. Then the boost surge is like HOLY CRAP! Then the upper RPM's kick in and it just makes PROGRESSIVE power all the way to the rev limiter which you cannot help but ping in 1st and 2nd on anything close to a WOT run. You even shed a few pounds compared to the stock SMIC's as a cherry on top.

EDIT: And heck if ONLY for the fact that you get rid of the last remaining boost leaks (assuming you've done the Forge BOV and the Booba check valve mods already, yes?).

THat alone is worth the price of admission... this engine makes tremendous power when it isn't leaking boost! Just make sure you have two hands on the wheel after installing the FMIC... torque steer becomes an issue for the first time in 1st and 2nd....

Last thought... you can pretty much get rid of your power pedals/go pedals/sprintbooster crap after the FMIC too... just curl your toes and the car is lurching forward now.

10-18-2013, 03:44 PM
Guys we are going to start the Quality Control process on Monday and will hopefully start shipping the Intercooler kits next week. Keep your eyes peeled for final payment details and it's not too late to jump in we will have 15 kits ready to go and 15 more in reserve bigclap

10-18-2013, 03:52 PM
***beerchugWe are now at the lowest price point of $799 + shipping and getting ready to ship beerchug!***

-MSRP $899 + shipping
-10-14 $849 + shipping
-15+ $799 + shipping

3. RM-paid deposit
4. NS-paid deposit
5. NG-paid deposit
6. MK-paid in full
7. BD-paid deposit
8. DA-paid deposit
9. CrossfireCat-
Price cut to $849
10. JP-paid deposit
11. MG-paid deposit
12. DA-paid deposit
13. TC-paid deposit
14. DA-paid deposit
Price cut to $799
15. AL-paid deposit
16. JS-paid deposit

Now about the core:

Endtank Design:

System Volumes:

Datalogs:

-Jjm4Life

Install:

Design:

mr_robs
10-18-2013, 04:06 PM
Question, will the group buy pricing of $799 only be available until you start shipping units? Or is this for the first 30 production units sold?

musicsurf
10-18-2013, 04:07 PM
I just can't contain my excitement!

NORCAL SS
10-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Perfect im planning to go mid November to drag my car. Looking forward to it.

Abarth Phreak
10-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Question, will the group buy pricing of $799 only be available until you start shipping units? Or is this for the first 30 production units sold?

x2

Abarth Phreak
10-18-2013, 10:14 PM
I just can't contain my excitement!

Another weird moment, brought to you by another 500 fan!

(TWEAK??? xxrotflmao)

musicsurf
10-18-2013, 10:17 PM
Another weird moment, brought to you by another 500 fan!

(TWEAK??? xxrotflmao)

Lol, I have just been waiting so long, and right now it seems like the only thing my car is missing.

Tweak
10-18-2013, 11:07 PM
I can't imagine what your car will be like with this addition Mike, you know come spring I'm expecting another ride along...lol. :D

Abarth Phreak
10-19-2013, 03:52 AM
Lol, I have just been waiting so long, and right now it seems like the only thing my car is missing.

I hear that! I have been intentionally waiting to time the purchase with some other items, including more info on the pending tuning. Also, November is a fantastic triple payday month woootttt!!!

NORCAL SS
10-22-2013, 01:22 AM
we still looking at shipping this week?

10-22-2013, 09:10 PM
we still looking at shipping this week?

Going to UPS tommorrow to get shipping quotes, keep your eyes peeled on the forum for the balance due with shipping for your delivery area!

10-24-2013, 10:29 AM
***beerchugWe are now at the lowest price point of $799 + shipping and getting ready to ship beerchug!***

East USA-$45
Western USA-$60

Eastern Canada-$60
Central Canada-$64
Western Canada-$68

-MSRP $899 + shipping
-10-14 $849 + shipping
-15+ $799 + shipping

To expedite your order simply add the shipping total to the $699 balance due and PayPal us at www.paypal.com and pay this account:

Please make sure you include a confirmed shipping address. We will be shipping in a few days as we are only waiting on packaging materials! xxrotflmao

3. RM-paid deposit
4. NS-paid deposit
5. NG-paid in full
6. MK-paid in full
7. BD-paid deposit
8. JP-paid/owes shipping and handling
9. MG-paid deposit
Price cut to $849
10. DA-paid deposit
11. TC-paid in full
12. DA-paid deposit
13. AL-paid deposit
Price cut to $799
14. JS-paid deposit

Now about the core:

Endtank Design:

System Volumes:

Datalogs:

-Jjm4Life

Install:

Design:

NORCAL SS
10-24-2013, 11:17 AM
FUNDS just sent 759

musicsurf
10-24-2013, 11:46 AM
Paid in full!

trevc
10-24-2013, 11:46 AM
Money sent!

Spool500
10-24-2013, 02:24 PM
Paid!!

10-26-2013, 08:55 AM
***beerchug We are now at the lowest price point of $799 + shipping. We are now in shipping mode and have several FMICs in stock and available for purchase!***

East USA-$45
Western USA-$60

Eastern Canada-$60
Central Canada-$64
Western Canada-$68

-MSRP $899 + shipping
-10-14 $849 + shipping
-15+ $799 + shipping

To expedite your order simply add the shipping total to the $699 balance due and PayPal us at www.paypal.com and pay this account:

Please make sure you include a confirmed shipping address. We will be shipping all paid orders early next week! xxrotflmao

3. RM-paid/shipped
4. NS-paid in full
5. NG-paid in full
6. MK-paid/shipped
7. AL-paid in full
8. JP-paid/shipped
9. MG-paid in full
Price cut to $849
10. DA-paid in full
11. TC-paid in full
12. DA-paid in full
13. BD-paid deposit
Price cut to $799
14. JS-paid deposit
15. SD-paid deposit

Now about the core:

Endtank Design:

System Volumes:

Datalogs:

-Jjm4Life

Install:

Design:

Toad
10-26-2013, 05:17 PM
#4 ns should be paid in full as well

10-27-2013, 07:20 AM
#4 ns should be paid in full as well

Fixed, thanks for your order we hope you love the Intercooler!

10-27-2013, 08:25 PM
All those that have paid in full your Intercoolers are shipping out tommorrow you should all receive UPS tracking info via email. We still need full payment from JS, BD, SD to complete your orders!

trevc
10-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Christmas is coming early this year SpinningSmiley

10-28-2013, 01:58 PM
I shipped 7 more intercoolers today. Emails with tracking should have gone out. There are a few more that will be going out within the next few days.

10-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Guys I am going to apologize in advance. Typically Mark handles the shipping, but he was not available this week so the I had to ship. The insurance on the intercoolers was set @ $500. I didn't realize it but it is mandatory receipt signature. UPS will not leave these on your doorstep.

Spool500
10-29-2013, 05:13 PM
UPS just dropped off this early present for me! I must say it really is well crafted. im driving straight onto my race ramps tomorrow after work and putting this on. Thank You ATM

Ryephile
10-30-2013, 10:54 AM
I received mine yesterday too :) The packaging is legit, my shipping tech was impressed.

Construction of the intercooler is beefy. It's a damn skid-plate on the bottom of it, LOL. The silicone tubes are very well made and the clamps are top shelf.

If my 2-pence were in it, I'd spend more time finishing the casting mold and then not bother mostly polishing the end tanks. Kind of a wasted effort, IMO. I'm not confident the silicone will flex complementary as the engine rocks on its mounts. A torque-arm bushing insert may be required to keep from collapsing the silicone during engine excursion. I've brought this up with ATM and they're confident I'm over-thinking it.

Time to get the datalogger out. :)

Spool500
10-30-2013, 11:32 AM
I agree with ATM, you may be over thinking it. However I do also agree with you that we really need a torque arm bushing badly

shagghie
10-30-2013, 01:57 PM
I received mine yesterday too :) The packaging is legit, my shipping tech was impressed.

Construction of the intercooler is beefy. It's a damn skid-plate on the bottom of it, LOL. The silicone tubes are very well made and the clamps are top shelf.

If my 2-pence were in it, I'd spend more time finishing the casting mold and then not bother mostly polishing the end tanks. Kind of a wasted effort, IMO. I'm not confident the silicone will flex complementary as the engine rocks on its mounts. A torque-arm bushing insert may be required to keep from collapsing the silicone during engine excursion. I've brought this up with ATM and they're confident I'm over-thinking it.

Time to get the datalogger out. :)

I have a gopro3 coming in the mail. If I get the courage and time, I'll mount it with a duct taped flashlight shining on one of the hoses if I can find a spot, and go for a drive.
I can't possibly see this happening based solely off of the experience of installing it and driving the crap out of the car ever since. I understand the physics of why this COULD be a problem in any given application...but I'm just not feeling it, nor can I imagine this silicone compressing significantly under engine torque load.

10-31-2013, 09:05 PM
Hey guys,

Hope you are all recieving your Intercooolers... We have a few left in stock ready for immediate shipping at the $799 + GB pricesmtree2

trevc
11-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Mine arrived safely. Looks very impressive.
I have a busy November so it will likely have to sit in the box until December now :sorrow: .

Spool500
11-02-2013, 09:28 AM
well I got the Intercooler on but I haven't had a chance to push it yet. one thing Ill add though is that the self tapping screw that goes through the bumper is a b!tch. I ended up striping that one and three more I had in my toolbox. I finally just drilled the hole and put a nut and bolt on it.

lenswerks
11-02-2013, 10:44 AM
well I got the Intercooler on but I haven't had a chance to push it yet. one thing Ill add though is that the self tapping screw that goes through the bumper is a b!tch. I ended up striping that one and three more I had in my toolbox. I finally just drilled the hole and put a nut and bolt on it.

I was going to ask about that as it looked like not the best choice and why a nut and bolt was not provided in the first place. Thanks for the information.

Ryephile
11-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Install notes:

*You need skinny arms and hands. Normal people won't be able to install it without putting the radiator/crash structure in some sort of service mode. Even then, prepare to exclaim lots of expletives at the sticky stock rubber boost tubes and the hard-to-position hot-side silicone tube. The cold-side boost tube is a breeze.
*The hot-side boost tube is not shaped quite right. It's about 1/2" too short in length. It helps tremendously to paint-mark it prior to install to ensure you clock it correctly on both upper and lower fittings. You have to install it onto the turbo compressor outlet before installing it onto the FMIC inlet. Also, you'll want to cock it on the turbo outlet towards the driver side to minimize rubbing on the turbo coolant line fitting. Even then, it's only a matter of time before the rubber perforates the silicone tube. There's room for improvement on the fitment. If you don't clock it correctly, it'll put even more pre-load on the tube against the sharp edge of the coolant fitting.
*The self-tap screw for the HSS crash beam, yea like everyone else said, you need a nut and bolt there, not a self-tapper. IMO it would be better supported by two fasteners, at least that would be redundant/secure for when the crash beam rusts out.
*You have to Dremel out the radiator shroud webbing to clear the FMIC inlet and outlet tubes.
*Note the front bumper won't sit flush against the bottom of the front crash structure anymore, since it shares mounting space with the FMIC lower mounting bracket/skid-plate.

shagghie
11-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Install notes:

*You need skinny arms and hands. Normal people won't be able to install it without putting the radiator/crash structure in some sort of service mode. Even then, prepare to exclaim lots of expletives at the sticky stock rubber boost tubes and the hard-to-position hot-side silicone tube. The cold-side boost tube is a breeze.

HELPS WITH TWO PEOPLE DOING THE INSTALL, ONE GUIDES AND APPLIES LATERAL PRESSURE AS NEEDED WHEN GETTING THE SILICON OVER THE TURBO MOUNTING POINTS
*The hot-side boost tube is not shaped quite right. It's about 1/2" too short in length. It helps tremendously to paint-mark it prior to install to ensure you clock it correctly on both upper and lower fittings. You have to install it onto the turbo compressor outlet before installing it onto the FMIC inlet. Also, you'll want to cock it on the turbo outlet towards the driver side to minimize rubbing on the turbo coolant line fitting. Even then, it's only a matter of time before the rubber perforates the silicone tube. There's room for improvement on the fitment. If you don't clock it correctly, it'll put even more pre-load on the tube against the sharp edge of the coolant fitting.
AFTER PLAYING/ROTATING IT A BIT WHILE HANGING OFF THE TURBO, WE WERE ABLE TO GET IT SUCH THAT IT DIDNT TOUCH ANYTHING. IT TOOKS A LITTLE TIME, AND WHEN IT POPPED INTO PLACE IT WAS LIKE MAGIC, ALMOST UNEXPECTED. THE HOSE HAS TO BE COCKED PERFECTLY..IT ONLY GOES ON ONE WAY TO MAKE A CLEAN RUN DOWN TO THE FMIC. WE INITIALLY THOUGHT THE HOSE WAS ABOUT 1/2" SHORT TOO, BUT IT DID EVENTUALLY GO ON AND WAS SEATED FLUSH ON THE TURBO MOUNT, AND STILL HAD PLENTY OF GRIP SURFACE ON THE FMIC MOUNT POINT WITH THE MURRAY CLAMP. A 1/2" MORE SILICONE THOUGH WOULD BE WELCOMED IF ONLY BECAUSE IT CAN ALWAYS BE TRIMMED IF NEEDED.

*The self-tap screw for the HSS crash beam, yea like everyone else said, you need a nut and bolt there, not a self-tapper. IMO it would be better supported by two fasteners, at least that would be redundant/secure for when the crash beam rusts out.
*You have to Dremel out the radiator shroud webbing to clear the FMIC inlet and outlet tubes.
WE DIDN't HAVE TO DREMEL ANYTHING ANYWHERE... MIND TAKING A PIC MAYBE? #INTERESTING
*Note the front bumper won't sit flush against the bottom of the front crash structure anymore, since it shares mounting space with the FMIC lower mounting bracket/skid-plate.
MINE ENDS UP SITTING FLUSH STILL...WHEN WAS YOUR AB MANUFACTURED? MINE WAS MADE NOV, 2012.

sorry for ALL CAPS,...not yelling just thought would be easier to address each bullet separately.

Also, instead of using the self-tapping bolt as a self tapper, recommend using a diamond drill bit.. took 3 seconds to drill a hole smaller diameter than the screw threads...

Ryephile
11-04-2013, 02:36 PM
... If you don't clock it correctly, it'll put even more pre-load on the tube against the sharp edge of the coolant fitting.....

It's not possible to install the tube and NOT have it rub the turbo coolant line fitting. The orientation I settled on puts the least pressure on the fitting. The tube is simply not shaped correctly for a flawless fitment. Go shine a flashlight in there and look at the coolant fitting below the compressor outlet. The tube simply doesn't start turning soon enough to clear that coolant fitting.

IIRC, mine is a Dec.'12 build. It's possible my car has a completely different coolant line routing than other cars or my ATM tube was built different than yours.

Re: Dremeling the radiator shroud. No, you don't *have* to Dremel clearance. You can jam the FMIC in there without making clearance, however it'll be pressed against the shroud at the FMIC inlet and outlet tubes and IMO there's no reason to add friction interfaces unless you're trying to create long-term reliability problems.

Abarth Phreak
11-05-2013, 12:30 AM
Thanks for sharing these experiences guys! I appreciate it as it will help others be ready for the minor complications.

Crossfirecat
11-05-2013, 02:42 AM
Thanks for sharing these experiences guys! I appreciate it as it will help others be ready for the minor complications.

Indeed! Mine is set to arrive this Thursday! Thanks for the install tips. Hot side hose sounds like fun. I think I'll use some soapy water to make adjusting it into position a little easier. (hopefully)

shagghie
11-05-2013, 02:47 AM
one tip / trick i think i captured in my initial write up /review: you can access the murray clamp bolts for the hot side via the front fascia if you have a nice long tool that can get to the spot. You all can thank NoJeebs for that one...he's the one that found it... in fact here's a pic of him doing it up on my install for reference:

http://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1239718_10151800541370660_1103162099_n.jpg

the passenger side headlight, too... that area is a great place to reach through to reach the hot side turbo house mount, and to pivot the silicone around so that it is cocked the right way for the run down to the FMIC. The headlight itself of course won't be there by the time you get to that phase... = WIN!

shagghie
11-05-2013, 11:04 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/shagghie/423BD0A3-D344-44C1-AF1E-074C9993ED74-2738-0000018B88149F48_zps211a5c6e.jpg

NORCAL SS
11-05-2013, 11:11 PM
is there a reason you took front grill off?

shagghie
11-06-2013, 01:02 AM
is there a reason you took front grill off?

I always pop it off on race day for fun and weight savings/airflow.

Also getting ready to fit the ACS grill; will need to trim fog housings...

Ryephile
11-06-2013, 11:39 AM
After driving the car for a few days, I have to admit it drives much better with the FMIC. Throttle response is quicker and more accurate, boost targeting is more accurate, and the car accelerates more consistently at WOT. I'm sure the stock setup was leaking as sometimes I'd go WOT and the car would just sit there, but now when I floor it the car pulls nice and consistently. No time for datalogging yet, that'll come soon enough. The factory "boost gauge" indicates a few PSI less than the stock setup, but make no mistake, it makes more power than stock. I hit my speed warning beep on my reference on-ramps sooner than stock.

So, install is a PITA (ok, just the hot-side boost tube), but seat-o-pants is a nice improvement.

NORCAL SS
11-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Can't wait to do mine. Im really excited... but wont be back from SEMA till saturday so car just has to wait. IM hoping I can get it done since wednesday is the last drag strip day here and want to get some times before I do my tuner shoot out

shagghie
11-06-2013, 01:51 PM
I took off my MM ECM last night (had to sell it to put $ towards new wheels), and this morning I was SHOCKED. Being the sleepy guy I am in the mornings, I got in the car and drove half way to work before I ever remembered I had taken the ECM off the night before. I was dodging in and out of cars, sport mode on, driving like a dick like I always do. Then it hit me... "HOLY CRAP! How is this car so fast right now????". I remembered I had taken it off, and i was in disbelief. Even without the MM ECM, this car is hauling as and there is ZERO hesitation. And the car is still breathing and making a ton of power north of 5k RPMS.
The last time I ran without an ECM was before I has the FMIC on (and a Turbo blanket, but who cares). I can tell you emphatically that the car did not perform like this the last time I ran with no ECM. It's down a LITTLE on raw boost, but dammit, I am still revving it out to rev limiter making power all the way, and being pushed back in my seat still without the ECM. It was cooler out this morning compared to the summer the last time I ran no ECM, but there's no way that could account for the delta.

Anyway, long story short... not even missing the MM ECM at this point...and only thing i can attribute it to is the FMIC. What a hoot!

mr_robs
11-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Do you guys have any units in stock still at the GB price? I will want this at some point so why not buy it now at the best pricing.

11-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Do you guys have any units in stock still at the GB price? I will want this at some point so why not buy it now at the best pricing.

Please check your PMs...

11-07-2013, 12:55 PM
***beerchug We are now at the lowest price point of $799 + shipping. We are now shipping and have several FMICs in stock and available for purchase!***

East USA-$45
Western USA-$60

Eastern Canada-$60
Central Canada-$64
Western Canada-$68

-MSRP $899 + shipping
-10-14 $849 + shipping
-15+ $799 + shipping

To expedite your order simply add the shipping total to the balance due and PayPal us at www.paypal.com and pay this account:

3. RM-paid/delivered
4. NS-paid/delivered
5. NG-paid/delivered
6. MK-paid/delivered
7. AL-paid/delivered
8. JP-paid/delivered
9. MG-paid/delivered
Price cut to $849
10. DA-paid/delivered
11. TC-paid/delivered
12. DA-paid/delivered
13. JR-paid/shipped
Price cut to $799
14. JS-paid/delivered
15. SD-paid/delivered
16. DF-paid/shipped

Now about the core:

Endtank Design:

System Volumes:

Datalogs:

-Jjm4Life

Install:

Design:

Crossfirecat
11-08-2013, 04:00 AM
Waited all day for ups to arrive. Stripped the car down and waited some more. Ups finally shows up at almost 8pm. Grab the box from him and head to the driveway!
The FMIC is amazing looking! But we all know this already, So on to my install...
The hot side tube is no fun to get on! I tried a little dish soap and still no luck. I decided to soak it in some really hot water to soften it up a bit and give it another try. This time it popped right on first try!
I was so happy, I installed the cold side hose and then went back to check the hot side fitment near the water feed for the turbo. I have the same issue Rye has. The hose lays against the fitting no matter how I turn it. I too settled for the spot that put the least amount of pressure against the hose. Mind you, it's barely touching.
My real issue is the hose also rests against the webbing of the fan shroud. I'm going to take it out in the morning and trim the webbing with my dremel to get enough clearance.
I don't have any issues with the intercooler itself contacting any part of the shroud though. It is a very tight fit non the less!
So even though I had to postpone completing my install until the morning, I'm not in the least disappointed. I always expect to do a little fine tuning when adding mods. No two cars are ever the same it seems. The little touches here and there to truly "custom" fit everything makes it more than just a bolt on mod and adds a bit of personalization for me.
I'm really excited and really happy with the effort that ATM put into this. It's stunning to look at just sitting on the table! Can't wait to wrap up the install tomorrow and go hit some back roads!

NORCAL SS
11-10-2013, 11:03 PM
had time today and man what a easy install. Thanks guys

https://scontent-a-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1385944_737162989630544_1834437610_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1450234_737163036297206_1666858756_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/994051_737163016297208_910115462_n.jpg

11-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Looking Good. I'd like to hear more about driving results please.

racer
11-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Do you guys still have these in stock at the group buy price? I am ready to buy one now.

11-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Do you guys still have these in stock at the group buy price? I am ready to buy one now.

Yes we have 6 kits in stock ready to go...price shipped to Mass is $844. Please PayPal us the total at:

Thanks,
Mark

racer
11-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Money sent. Paid in full.
Thanks

11-14-2013, 11:53 AM
Money sent. Paid in full.
Thanks
Getting your FMIC ready it will ship out tommorrow via UPS you will recieve tracking info when it ships:wink:

Thanks for the order

jflexe99
11-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Ugh, I want! So badly...

11-19-2013, 05:37 AM
Ugh, I want! So badly...

We have 5 kits in stock ready to ship bigclap

11-19-2013, 05:39 AM

East USA-$45
Western USA-$60

Eastern Canada-$60
Central Canada-$64
Western Canada-$68

-MSRP $899 + shipping
-10-14 $849 + shipping
-15+ $799 + shipping

3. RM-paid/delivered
4. NS-paid/delivered
5. NG-paid/delivered
6. MK-paid/delivered
7. AL-paid/delivered
8. JP-paid/delivered
9. MG-paid/delivered
Price cut to $849
10. DA-paid/delivered
11. TC-paid/delivered
12. DA-paid/delivered
13. JR-paid/shipped
Price cut to $799
14. JS-paid/delivered
15. SD-paid/delivered
16. DF-paid/shipped

Now about the core:

Endtank Design:

System Volumes:

Datalogs:

-Jjm4Life

Install:

Design:

12-01-2013, 02:32 PM
We have 4 kits in stock with 10 more kits coming soon at Group Buy price of $799 + shippinggun2

12-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Only a few kits left in stock and ready for immediate shipping at $799 + shipping!

lenswerks
01-17-2014, 05:41 PM
Swain Tech Coated--- Emissivity.

01-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Swain Tech Coated--- Emissivity.

Wow it looks awesome in black! What was the cost for the coating?

lenswerks
01-17-2014, 06:18 PM
Wow it looks awesome in black! What was the cost for the coating?

Including the shipping back to FL total was $265.12.

Yorkman1
01-17-2014, 06:47 PM
thats awesome!

lenswerks
01-17-2014, 07:44 PM
Just looked at the invoice - it was $225 to coat, 40.12 to ship back to FL.

01-18-2014, 09:24 AM
Hey guys we only have 1 FMIC kit left in stock and it will be at least 3 weeks before we have more in stock, $799+shipping! If interested please email AmbientThermalManagement@yahoo.com for a shipping quote.

boostaddict
01-26-2014, 04:17 PM
I'll take it, email sent.

Payment sent. :)

ophidia31
01-26-2014, 04:58 PM
If I drive down there, how about $799 installed? :clap: (just a little wishful thinking lol)