PDA

View Full Version : RaceChip TB Ultimate from Germany for the 160HP Abarth

rallyesports
06-23-2013, 08:04 AM
Anyone know if this RaceChip TB Ultimate really increase the Abarth's HP to 200HP?
Will it blow the motor?

http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/abarth/500/500./esseesse-1-4-t-jet-118kw/index.php

Kurumi
06-23-2013, 09:18 AM
It won't work for the NA Abarth since this is for the T-Jet motor and not the MultiAir. I don't see anything from RaceChip that offers anything

shagghie
06-23-2013, 11:35 AM
It won't work for the NA Abarth since this is for the T-Jet motor and not the MultiAir. I don't see anything from RaceChip that offers anything

they have the $1000 chip for the punto evo / Mito that should work wonders.
The processor is super fast in it too; allowing it to react quicker.

rallyesports
06-23-2013, 04:17 PM

how about the Magneti Marelli, and TMC ones?

FTY
06-23-2013, 04:49 PM
how about the Magneti Marelli, and TMC ones?

MM/TMC/RRM ECU UNITS work with our US cars. Do a quick search there are lots of reviews and info on all these units here.

Aussie
06-24-2013, 03:40 AM
My Abarth dealer here actually stocks and fits these for customers. A friend of mine has one fitted and there is a big difference in our cars acceleration.

rallyesports
06-24-2013, 05:36 AM
My Abarth dealer here actually stocks and fits these for customers. A friend of mine has one fitted and there is a big difference in our cars acceleration.
which ones? wheres ur Abarth dealer?

shagghie
06-24-2013, 11:17 AM
which ones? wheres ur Abarth dealer?

you can just go directly through their site to order one for the MITO/ Punto Evo (1.4L multiair). There are three flavors of each, and I would recommend the one with the fastest processor on the far right.

rallyesports
06-24-2013, 09:59 PM
you can just go directly through their site to order one for the MITO/ Punto Evo (1.4L multiair). There are three flavors of each, and I would recommend the one with the fastest processor on the far right.

So you are sure the one for the Punto Muti air will for sure work with the Abarth Muti Air 500 US?

I dont see any Punto listed with Muti Air, only T-Jet on thier site, any links?

ScorpionSkins.com
06-24-2013, 10:58 PM
I've done extensive research on these chips within the Mini community when I considered one myself. They seem mostly unreliable and generally bad news. I apologize if I may be misleading you, but I was thoroughly convinced to steer clear, and thus it is my opinion that you should research them thoroughly before considering a purchase.

rallyesports
06-25-2013, 12:09 AM
I've done extensive research on these chips within the Mini community when I considered one myself. They seem mostly unreliable and generally bad news. I apologize if I may be misleading you, but I was thoroughly convinced to steer clear, and thus it is my opinion that you should research them thoroughly before considering a purchase.
Yeah thats the things im worry about, engine damage, cel, ect, theres no thing as cheap HPs, but i think the TMC chip maybe the one that really work with out problems?

Tweak
06-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Yeah thats the things im worry about, engine damage, cel, ect, theres no thing as cheap HPs, but i think the TMC chip maybe the one that really work with out problems?

TMC on level 9 (highest) and never had any problems, been on for several months (almost 6) now.

rallyesports
06-25-2013, 03:35 PM
TMC on level 9 (highest) and never had any problems, been on for several months (almost 6) now.

can you tell me if this is the excal one you got?

http://www.tmcmotorsport.com/TuningBoxDetails.aspx?s=1284694955

and does it really live up to the high of 200BHP + 20% fuel saving aside from problem free?

Im really interested in this kit now, please let me know, thanks :)

Tweak
06-25-2013, 06:02 PM
can you tell me if this is the excal one you got?

http://www.tmcmotorsport.com/TuningBoxDetails.aspx?s=1284694955

and does it really live up to the high of 200BHP + 20% fuel saving aside from problem free?

Im really interested in this kit now, please let me know, thanks :)

That looks like the unit I have, and mine is red in color too, most now are black. I got mine from Chris @ Eurocompulsion. Although I did not put it on the dyno it is a MAJOR difference, I drove an Abarth without an ECU tuner on it a few months back and it felt so slow and weak on power that it made me feel like I wouldn't even enjoy the car the same without it. When it comes to fuel savings, I really don't think anything changed for me with adding the unit, if any change it'd be a slight decrease caused by my increased enthusiastic driving...hehe. It's a LOT of fun, I wouldn't ever want to be without it and Eurocompulsion is great to deal with if you are thinking of buying a TMC unit. RRM also has a TMC based unit and the other forum vendors have their own offerings as well so you have a few choices out there to consider. :cool:

rallyesports
06-25-2013, 10:13 PM
That looks like the unit I have, and mine is red in color too, most now are black. I got mine from Chris @ Eurocompulsion. Although I did not put it on the dyno it is a MAJOR difference, I drove an Abarth without an ECU tuner on it a few months back and it felt so slow and weak on power that it made me feel like I wouldn't even enjoy the car the same without it. When it comes to fuel savings, I really don't think anything changed for me with adding the unit, if any change it'd be a slight decrease caused by my increased enthusiastic driving...hehe. It's a LOT of fun, I wouldn't ever want to be without it and Eurocompulsion is great to deal with if you are thinking of buying a TMC unit. RRM also has a TMC based unit and the other forum vendors have their own offerings as well so you have a few choices out there to consider. :cool:

Nice, thats good to hear, I think this is the one ill go for, may just get it from thier offical site.

Tweak
06-25-2013, 11:29 PM
Nice, thats good to hear, I think this is the one ill go for, may just get it from thier offical site.

Either way, I like supporting the smaller US based guys (and larger as well) whenever possible. It's a lot of fun, some like the modified RRM version and some have the MM unit and Madness unit, as stated several choices out there.