PDA

View Full Version : Piece of Styrofoam of hid bulb fall into the engine!

rallyesports
06-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Hello everyone

I have 2013 Rosso Abarth, and today when I was installing the HID for it's headlights, One of the styrofoam for the HID bulb had fall into my engine bay where about the battery is, I saw it falling all the way down and I can not see it at all from any view of the car, nor fall to the ground , I'm now worried it may do damage to my shifter or melt during operation, can anyone make suggestions that can help to get it out?

Thank you so much

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
06-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Do you have a leaf blower that might get it out or move to where you can grab?

rallyesports
06-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Do you have a leaf blower that might get it out or move to where you can grab?

Yeah I dont have a leaf blower nor any compact powerful fan, what do you mean by "move where I can grab"?

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
06-21-2013, 08:05 PM
When I dropped a tool I used a magnet but I guess that will not help because of styrofoam, how about the air pump under the seat. That might blow it over to a spot where you can get at it. Maybe a piece of tape on a stick, once you see it.

rallyesports
06-21-2013, 08:06 PM
When I dropped a tool I used a magnet but I guess that will not help because of styrofoam, how about the air pump under the seat. That might blow it over to a spot where you can get at it.

Oh yeah, Im gonna try that right now, see if it is powerful enough to blow it!!

Fiat500USA
06-21-2013, 08:14 PM
You may get to it by removing the undertray beneath the engine compartment or removing the battery. If that is too much of a hassle to do, you could probably just forget about it and it will eventually fall out. Sounds like is a small piece and the odds of it doing something are pretty slim.

rallyesports
06-21-2013, 08:27 PM
Yeah still no luck with it, and dont really want to remove parts since it is only 6 days old, I guess ill have to live with it and hope no thing will be effected by it, sigh:(

Seafarer61
06-21-2013, 11:10 PM
You might try a can of compressed air (normally used to clean keyboards) if you locate the piece but can't quite reach it. Attach the nozzle, point it towards the piece and fire away.

rallyesports
06-21-2013, 11:29 PM
You might try a can of compressed air (normally used to clean keyboards) if you locate the piece but can't quite reach it. Attach the nozzle, point it towards the piece and fire away.

That sounds like a great idea, will totally try that tomorrow, thanks for the help!

streetsurfer
06-22-2013, 05:57 AM
If it hit the tray below you might be able to fetch it out with a yardstick or similar.

Do you have a neighbor with an air compressor?

You can also tap the bottom of the under engine tray and see if you hear it bounce upon it.
Then you should be able to tell if it fell all the way or is hung up.

keefer-c
06-24-2013, 07:52 AM
You need one of these: http://www.amazon.com/MAXCRAFT-60184-Lighted-Magnetic-Pick-Up/dp/B0042D6H44/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1372074672&sr=8-2&keywords=screw+grabber

They're good to have around anyhow.