PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Booster

Felnus
06-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Why oh why wasn't the 500's throttle calibrated like this from the factory?

That is all.

Dwaynek
06-20-2013, 08:24 PM
i have one on my Abarth and love it!

500ways
06-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Why oh why wasn't the 500's throttle calibrated like this from the factory?

That is all.

Which one did you get?

Felnus
06-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Which one did you get?

Ah...the Sprint Booster. Has a switch with three positions. I've had some much fun with the 'green' setting, I haven't even bothered with trying out the 'red'.

500ways
06-20-2013, 10:13 PM
Ah...the Sprint Booster. Has a switch with three positions. I've had some much fun with the 'green' setting, I haven't even bothered with trying out the 'red'.

Cool! Which vendor did you buy it from? I want to look into it myself. Does it work in concert with the "Sport" button or is it independent of that? TIA!

Gigante
06-20-2013, 10:15 PM

Go RED buddy... Do you have the RRMS TC?

Felnus
06-20-2013, 10:33 PM
Cool! Which vendor did you buy it from? I want to look into it myself. Does it work in concert with the "Sport" button or is it independent of that? TIA!

I got it from Way Motor Works. It is independent of the Sport button, working on the throttle calibration only. If you hit the Sport button it still makes the same changes as before.

This is the best way I can describe it: Without the Sprint Booster, it almost felt like the car had turbo lag without the turbo. You know that feeling when you step on the gas and it takes the car a second or two to decide you are serious about moving? With the Sprint Booster that is gone. Completely. It makes it much more fun to drive and easier to match revs on downshifts too. I thought it was a touch on the pricey side when I ordered it, but it is worth every penny.

Felnus
06-20-2013, 10:35 PM
Go RED buddy... Do you have the RRMS TC?

I may play around with it tomorrow. Nope, no RRMS TC yet. The next item on the agenda is breaking out the jacks and wrenches and installing this complete Abarth suspension I managed to get my hands on.

Gigante
06-20-2013, 10:40 PM
I may play around with it tomorrow. Nope, no RRMS TC yet. The next item on the agenda is breaking out the jacks and wrenches and installing this complete Abarth suspension I managed to get my hands on.

Awesome! If you ever want a bit more torque and HP I highly recommend the TC from RRMS. We have it on the 500c with the sprint booster and exhaust, it really woke up the car and improved the MPG. Really worth it IMO.

The Abarth suspension will be lots of fun, nothing like an OE upgrade.

Take care and have fun.