PDA

View Full Version : Abarth mods?

Ferchonava
06-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Hey guys I'm about to get a Abarth 500 160hp stock.
I'm wondering what kind of mods can I make to have more power in this little car.
And how many horse power can I get ?
Thank you.

Ryephile
06-20-2013, 04:52 PM
The old saying applies: "how fast you want to go depends on how much money you have."

In order to answer your question intelligently, we need more information from you:
*Noise?
*Money?
*Drivability?
*Level of customization or fabrication preferred [kinda goes with money]?
*Fuel usage [e.g. 91, 93 unleaded, C16 race gas]?
*Regard for fuel economy?
*Longevity/reliability?

Currently with bolt-on's [boost-control piggy-back, downpipe/exhaust, intake, BOV and wastegate tweaks] it's plausible to max out the stock turbo, which is somewhere north of 200HP. Spend some time and read through the various Owners and Build Threads to see what others have already done.

sfhpawel
06-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Hey guys I'm about to get a Abarth 500 160hp stock.
I'm wondering what kind of mods can I make to have more power in this little car.
And how many horse power can I get ?
Thank you.

Realistically you are looking at around 192hp and 207 wtq.

Check out some of the vendors...But do your research!

Validated mods are :
-Intake
-ECM(piggyback module)
-Spring pedal / goPedal
-springs/suspension with other accessories (swaybars, torsion bars, etc)
-Brake upgrade kit
-Front Mount Intercooler
-Exhaust
-r3T clutch (check our eurocompulsion.net)
-HPS Water/Meth Injection Kit - no not drugs :)

Not so confirmed by the masses... but yet popular by many!

Catless Down Pipe
Bored out throttle body
wastegate actuator
Probly missing a few....

You have interior mods... lighting ... carbon fiber pieces...

exterior mods - wheels, etc.

So much to do and mod ...

sfhpawel
06-20-2013, 05:12 PM
The old saying applies: "how fast you want to go depends on how much money you have."

In order to answer your question intelligently, we need more information from you:
*Noise?
*Money?
*Drivability?
*Level of customization or fabrication preferred [kinda goes with money]?
*Fuel usage [e.g. 91, 93 unleaded, C16 race gas]?
*Regard for fuel economy?
*Longevity/reliability?

Currently with bolt-on's [boost-control piggy-back, downpipe/exhaust, intake, BOV and wastegate tweaks] it's plausible to max out the stock turbo, which is somewhere north of 200HP. Spend some time and read through the various Owners and Build Threads to see what others have already done.

isnt it .. "speed costs money. how fast do you want to go?" hehe ;p
you beat me to the post.

But Ryephile is correct. Need more info and you need to set/plan a strategy like the other enthusiests in terms of goals :)
Good luck with your scorpion!

djhace
06-20-2013, 06:03 PM
how about you learn how to handle 160 hp before you add 40 more.

MADNESSLuckyJay
06-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Also like to add to get rid of the free boost leak that comes with the ABARTH/500T

sfhpawel
06-20-2013, 06:20 PM
how about you learn how to handle 160 hp before you add 40 more.

That's so rude especially to a potential new member. His question did not include what he or the car could handle. If YOU have to learn how to handle 160 then I think you should probably watch from the sidelines. A minivan packs more power.... Jeez

To the original author:
Something to look forward to is an ecu flash or remap. There is NO release date, but apparently the ECU has been cracked but no tool to upload to the car..., but at the rate people are modding these 1.4multiair turbos, it's bound to happen very soon. With a proper tune, you'll be able to get the most out of pretty much EVERY mod you'll see on the forums. Tingling sensation on the back of my neck tells me near 300hp!

FTY
06-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Lots of ways you can attack this car:

Many (as I did) start with power as the braking and suspension can handle the power mods avail so far for the car. I started with a piggyback ECU and then an intake and recently exhaust. I then sorted out the suspension with coilovers and sway bars (when pushed the stock rear suspension can get a little unstable over rough pavement and in the corners). After suspension and power I went with wheels and nice aggressive tires. Lots of stuff available for this car. On a budget of about 2-3k you can have a nicely sorted out Abarth.

Ferchonava
06-20-2013, 07:07 PM
That's so rude especially to a potential new member. His question did not include what he or the car could handle. If YOU have to learn how to handle 160 then I think you should probably watch from the sidelines. A minivan packs more power.... Jeez

To the original author:
Something to look forward to is an ecu flash or remap. There is NO release date, but apparently the ECU has been cracked but no tool to upload to the car..., but at the rate people are modding these 1.4multiair turbos, it's bound to happen very soon. With a proper tune, you'll be able to get the most out of pretty much EVERY mod you'll see on the forums. Tingling sensation on the back of my neck tells me near 300hp!

Thank you guys I think I will have my Abarth in 2 more weeks I will be posting pics :)

trevc
06-20-2013, 07:16 PM
Enjoy! These are fun cars to drive and mod and we have some great vendors that support this forum!

Dwaynek
06-20-2013, 08:27 PM
I have done the sprint booster and TMC tuner for 800 bucks a hugh difference!

ScorpionSkins.com
06-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Rear seat delete is an easily forgotten one :) (if you can tolerate only having two seats available). It's a 50lb loss which arguably equates to an easy 5hp.

SuperTony
06-20-2013, 08:56 PM
Ferchonava, you have already made your ABARTH faster by joining this community! Seriously, this is the place to be for ANY model Fiat.

Having said that, most of the previous comments ring with truth. Some tips from me...
- first consider your warranty. are you prepared to say goodbye to it? not all mods will void your warranty but you are venturing into that territory so I brought it up
- consider your budget (no really, consider it because it will get busted if you are not careful)
- consider not only how you drive now, but also consider how it will change with mods.
- consider your comfort zone with noise, what about the local fuzz? are you going to get busted with a loud exhaust?
- consider your skills as a mechanic - are you comfortable with cutting vacuum hoses and re-routing factory boost lines?

Anyway, a hearty welcome to the family from SuperTony. Read my build thread to fill your head with ideas. When you are ready to get started I have two complete suspensions lying around I would sell cr4zy-cheap to get you started. gr_grin

Tweak
06-20-2013, 09:11 PM
So much good info already so I will simply say welcome to the forum and I look forward to watching your progress once you get your Abarth!