PDA

View Full Version : Delta SCCA AutoX 6/15/13

Racerflash
06-20-2013, 08:51 AM
My son and I ran my 2013 Abarth last weekend for the second time. We had new Dunlop ZIIs and the Neu-F rear bar this time. The bar and tires made a BIG difference and finally we had some rear rotation that helped with turn in and sharp corners. But, on large fast sweepers, like in the video below, we were still having more understeer then we want! We still need to find the right combo of tire pressures and could use more negative camber up front.

We placed 2nd & 3rd in GS out of 6 drivers. A good driver in a Focus ST won the class.

https://www.vidgive.com/index.php?option=com_contushdvideoshare&view=player&catid=19&id=3195&device=desktop

Robert Nixon
06-20-2013, 10:31 AM
2nd and 3rd is great, congrats! I'm guessing the Focus ST might weigh a bit less and have more HP too.

I ran standard tire pressure last time, but am planning to go maybe 5 pounds higher on front and back next time and see how that does.

trevc
06-20-2013, 10:50 AM
We had a guy run a stock Focust ST and I was surprised how well it ran.
I still have the stock Pirelli's on my 17" and find dropping a couple of pounds from the stock 38PSI cold for autocross has helped a lot. The rear I leave at 32PSI cold.
Going up on the fronts made the understeer worse for my setup.

Racerflash
06-20-2013, 11:00 AM
2nd and 3rd is great, congrats! I'm guessing the Focus ST might weigh a bit less and have more HP too.

I ran standard tire pressure last time, but am planning to go maybe 5 pounds higher on front and back next time and see how that does.

Actually, the Focus is over 3000 lbs so much heavier than us, but also has 247 HP and 250 ft lbs of torque! I think the longer wheelbase helps it with the understeer problems we seem to be having. We also beat another Focus ST who finished in 4th, so driver has a lot to do with the win for sure. 5th and 6th place were two Honda Civic SIs