PDA

View Full Version : Remove front bumper help?

DS Ocampo
06-18-2013, 08:03 AM
How do I get this thing off?? I looked at it before but I'm lost... Anyone have a DYI on this or know of where I can look this up?? Thanks

trevc
06-18-2013, 09:07 AM
These instructions are for the Euro model but very close to ours (thank you Forge!) and work for most people
http://www.forgemotorsport.com/media/fiat%20500%20abarth%20intercooler.pdf

SuperTony
06-18-2013, 09:36 AM
Ocampo - I struggled with this myself a few months ago. It is actually very easy.

Basically you just take the obvious screws off the top and bottom - the there are two hidden screws at the very top of the wheel arches - they are very hard to see without lying ont he ground under the front looking straight up. Once these are out you pull straight forward and the clips at the left upper corners will let go.

If you haven't figured it out yet PM me and I can help.

Oliver500
06-18-2013, 10:06 AM
fyi, the screw that is in the wheel well at the very top is at a weird angle, so be patient. once it is out, you pull firmly on the bumper (dont worry there are no more bolts/screws around the headlight) but the bumper is held with clips and they may break once you start pulling. i broke one on each side but the bumper cover still goes on and looks like nothing has ever been done to it.

DS Ocampo
06-18-2013, 07:07 PM
Sweet thanks guys .. Ill have a beer or two ready. I think that's on every " tools needed" list

DS Ocampo
06-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Ill make a DYI. On all the parts I install and post on YOUTUBE for everyone .. We should be doing this for each other anyways if not already done.. More people are visual learners and plus pics or video help so much more.

DS Ocampo
06-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Today's the day gonna try to do this .. Maybe ill take pics and post it up on this page later tonight :)..