PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Problem-Right side

newcastle
06-17-2013, 09:11 PM
First problem was brake light warning came on. Replaced both brake lights. Warning light remains on. Right side brake light illuminates but is dimmer than the left side. At night I turned on the running lights/headlights. The right rear light (part of the brake light) and the front right parking light (bulb above the daytime running light) was also out. Both lights were changed and still not working. Anyone have or heard of the same problem? 2012 Sport, 52K miles.

Felnus
06-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Sounds like a short or a loose ground wire. All fuses are ok, yes?

cmj912
06-18-2013, 10:19 AM
I agree. Check the fuses. If okay, check the wiring. Because it seems to be affecting one whole side of the car it leads me to believe it is a loose or dirty or disconnected ground.

newcastle
06-22-2013, 01:19 AM
I brought it to the dealer since I don't usually have the patience for crap like that. Explained the problem to them and they came back an hour later saying it was just some bulbs burnt out. I told them I had already replaced but they are the experts. Some time later they said it was more than light bulbs which I told them it was. Four hours later the car was ready for pickup. I ran inside to pay for the repair (because they were not going to budge on the warranty. I was 1300 miles over) I paid $93 for a loose wire. I didn't look at the receipt at the time and went out to pick up the car. There was a torrential rain storm and the dopey mechanic didn't close my driver's side window. They car was extremely wet and I drove it up to the enclosed drop off area and complained to the service tech. If I didn't have my 13 year old with me I would have went medieval on these guys. They came out with paper towels and dried it up. I called FIAT the next day and the case is still open because I assume the dealership hasn't responded back to FIAT.
They also charged me $26 dollars for light bulbs that were not burnt out and I didn't need. FIAT of Providence (Metro Motor Group) should be avoided if possible.

phattbam
08-10-2013, 11:51 PM
sorry to revive this.. so was it a loose wire? I have this same exact symptoms on my 2012 sport with about 55k miles too. driver side brake light, replaced... passenger brake light... replaced... now the front running light and rear light is out.

cmj912
08-12-2013, 07:18 PM
I brought it to the dealer since I don't usually have the patience for crap like that. Explained the problem to them and they came back an hour later saying it was just some bulbs burnt out. I told them I had already replaced but they are the experts. Some time later they said it was more than light bulbs which I told them it was. Four hours later the car was ready for pickup. I ran inside to pay for the repair (because they were not going to budge on the warranty. I was 1300 miles over) I paid $93 for a loose wire. I didn't look at the receipt at the time and went out to pick up the car. There was a torrential rain storm and the dopey mechanic didn't close my driver's side window. They car was extremely wet and I drove it up to the enclosed drop off area and complained to the service tech. If I didn't have my 13 year old with me I would have went medieval on these guys. They came out with paper towels and dried it up. I called FIAT the next day and the case is still open because I assume the dealership hasn't responded back to FIAT.
They also charged me $26 dollars for light bulbs that were not burnt out and I didn't need. FIAT of Providence (Metro Motor Group) should be avoided if possible.

I will second that. They have absolutely no interest in anything. The best thing about this place is the shuttle bus. They had a service inquiry from me that has been open for 3 months and never responded. They don't even answer the telephone when you call to make an appointment. When you get someone, they tell you they can't schedule FIAT oil changes and you have to speak to the FIAT service manager. Who doesn't call you back.
Turns out, the sunroof is SUPPOSED to work in a certain way. The tech at Central showed me how it is supposed to close.

No one, it seems, has very many nice things to say about Metro. I had given them 3 chances to get it right, and unfortunately everything except their Honda operation is set to sell-and-ignore. One of these days I'm going to go visit the FIAT painting on the wall of the studio and erase my name.

I have been taking my car to Central FIAT of Norwood (where I bought second 500). You don't need appointments for regular service like oil changes and maintenance, they are friendly and have 6 service windows as well as a full-service restaurant, more comfortable waiting area and the tech actually brought me out to my car while he was working on it to show me what he was doing.

It is well worth the extra 20 minute drive north.

cmj912
08-12-2013, 07:22 PM
sorry to revive this.. so was it a loose wire? I have this same exact symptoms on my 2012 sport with about 55k miles too. driver side brake light, replaced... passenger brake light... replaced... now the front running light and rear light is out.

It is almost certain that it is a loose wire. There were early cars that did this right away. Some may have been tighter than others and are working their way loose over time.

Take it from me, I know what's going on when one whole side of the car is out. I owned both a Peugeot 505 Turbo and a Renault 18i. :D

phattbam
08-12-2013, 11:51 PM
It is almost certain that it is a loose wire. There were early cars that did this right away. Some may have been tighter than others and are working their way loose over time.

Take it from me, I know what's going on when one whole side of the car is out. I owned both a Peugeot 505 Turbo and a Renault 18i. :D

I"m out of warranty now. and my dealership's service isn't all that grand either. They never have a loaner nor do they offer shuttle service. I'm curious to know if this wire is attached to. :(