PDA

View Full Version : Ready for the Trekking

MadSetter
06-16-2013, 11:50 PM
The Fiat dealership (Phoenix area) I've been pinging for info, etc. on the L got their shipment this past Tuesday. I went down and took a look but the models were in the back and had yet to cleaned/inspected. In fact, the wrapping was still on the vehicles. I did get to sit in but I couldn't get a good feel since there was plastic wrapping everywhere.

I stopped by again yesterday morning and got to play around with the UConnect (sat/nav was not hooked up) but threw in a USB stick to see how the panel interacted with the music and folder structure I had. Very impressed. I was more than pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness of the interior. My Dodge Durango feels less spacious than the L. The pickup was pretty good but I'm a very laid back driver so I have no credibility when it comes to that kind of stuff. The stock stereo speakers sound bad (no surprise - that will be a first weekend aftermarket upgrade). And I had no problem with the A pillars.

I've been politely bugging the dealer to get me a price sheet I can take to my credit union. Man, I can't wait.

Details on my future Trekking...

- White top
- Forest Green (Yellow is alternative)
- Dual-clutch automatic
- Power Convenience Group

The countdown begins.

-Alex-

sbulla
06-17-2013, 05:53 AM
Mine is going to be yellow with a white top.

Tweak
06-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Welcome to the forum Alex. I'm sure you'll have pics once you have your new ride, sounds like you won't have too much longer to wait.

Fiat500USA
06-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Welcome to the forum Alex!

I asked about availability on the Trekking and was told they will be on the next boat, approx 45 days. First shipment was to stock up on Easy and Lounge models.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-arI2LyaXjCU/Ub080hCo5lI/AAAAAAAARcA/21X3sS0oxfQ/s640/Fiat500USA.com-500L%2520Drive%2520216.JPG

Andree
06-17-2013, 05:47 PM
Welcome to the forum Alex!

I asked about availability on the Trekking and was told they will be on the next boat, approx 45 days. First shipment was to stock up on Easy and Lounge models.

I've been looking around, mostly California dealerships, and most dealerships here only got ONE Easy. Just one. And one Lounge. Will the Trekking be coming in bigger numbers? I have the feeling that the dealerships will sell out of the Pop Ls, because the price is soooooo good. If they're sending the Trekking in as scarcely, it will be hard to find them.

MadSetter
06-17-2013, 11:01 PM
Thanks, all. Been lurking for a bit and have been talking with my local dealer since the turn of the year. Oddly enough, I almost bought a 500 two Decembers ago when I had to decide if I should replace a transmission and do some other needed repairs on a '99 Durango. Decided to do the repair with the intent on buying a smaller car in a year or two. At least I'd have a paid off SUV in case I needed it (which happens enough to justify). I then learned about the Dart and almost pulled the trigger but decided to wait for a year two Dart. Then I learned about the L and it was over. I've been praying that the Durango would last at least long enough until the L was released. Almost there. :highly_amused:

cmj912
06-18-2013, 10:07 AM
This is why I love FIAT people.