PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust opinion

Oliver500
06-13-2013, 11:50 PM
Hey guys, im at a cross road here. im coming to the end of my warranty and i think once its up im going to do an exhaust upgrade. my dilema isnt IF im going to do it but HOW?

so here is the problem. i like the sound of the stock exhaust.

i know, im weird. the thing is i like the mellow drone of the stock exhaust with the intake i have (NIVEOUS). id like to free up that extra 4-5 horses and have a more responsive throttle feel, but i really dont want to add more noise.

my thinking is to just do a muffler swap, a simple borla or magnaflow. i know ill get a bit more noise but those two can b the quietest on the market that im currently aware of. and in doing this i would leave the stock resonator.

i want to have my cake and not hear my self eating it too. so who knows exhaust and can point me in the right direction? i appreciate the help.

500ways
06-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Which version of the 500 do you own?

DJ Sueno
06-14-2013, 10:16 PM
End of warranty? How much mileage do you have???

Tweak
06-14-2013, 10:48 PM
As on the other forum, I'm all for the Borla. :)

Oliver500
06-14-2013, 11:07 PM
i have the Pop

my mileage is just over 30K so about 3-4 months left on the warranty.

and i looked at the borla muffler and its in the top three so far

500ways
06-15-2013, 09:46 AM
I think the Borla is the best sounding. If I am not mistaken, the install requires cutting. No biggie, but it is not just a direct bolt on. Keep in mind that naturally aspirated engines don't experience a performance gain from an exhaust upgrade as do turbo engines. With the naturally aspirated engije on the Pop you MAY only see a performance gain of 1 hp. The sound is def top notch however. The best bang for you buck for your car is the CAI, which I noticed you have. You will see and feel an increase in hp and rhe car definitely breathes better-hands down. Good luck and let us know how you make out!