PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running the MM Record Monza Exhaust here?

shagghie
06-13-2013, 04:28 PM
To my ears, this is the best sounding exhaust I've heard on the Internet, but not yet in person. It truly sounds much more akin to the classic Abarth exhausts I've grown up with. Is anyone here running one? Where did you source it from, and what did you need to modify for our NA cars?

redred
06-13-2013, 05:32 PM
That would be good to know. I LOVE that exhaust!

shagghie
06-13-2013, 05:50 PM
That would be good to know. I LOVE that exhaust!

Such a nice burble and hollow sound at idle, but the she screams up top!

shagghie
06-13-2013, 06:40 PM
nom nom nom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfndclRO8rk

shagghie
06-13-2013, 07:15 PM
After calling around all day, looks like only way to get a Record Monza is if you are a European dealer. Our studios here are not authorized to even order them as they are for euro fitment/service only. And the Record Monza is also only available via Dealers apparently (unlike the track day, etc.) By the time someone paid shipping and EU prices, it's probably not worth it for a mild steel exhaust even in so cal, even sounding as amazing as it does.

MM has a dealer quote of around $940 USD for the part itself, if only the USA dealers were authorized to order them.... pure torture!

MADNESSLuckyJay
06-13-2013, 07:24 PM
oh man, this is my fav vid of these pipes

http://youtu.be/Zdt_yCTG5gc

shagghie
06-13-2013, 08:38 PM
oh man, this is my fav vid of these pipes

http://youtu.be/Zdt_yCTG5gc

Why doesn't Madness broker a deal with an EU dealer and get sum 4 us?

Jjm4life
06-14-2013, 03:09 AM
Maybe im missing something. Dont get me wrong, it sounds good, but its a t jet car. Would sound very different onour cars

deathshead
06-14-2013, 09:06 AM
Hey Shaggie, I saw the video you posted the other day.

Idk how i feel about it, imho

The dual tips just dont seem to go with the rear diffuser.
Something about the tone just doesn't trigger that thing in my brain.

Arent these the setups with the built in valve? If so I have heard countless
stories of the exhaust rusting out and the valves seizing.

We have and will have MUCH better options coming soon!.

It all depends on what U like though! how much you want to spend. etc.

Remember all these back sections of exhaust arent going to do much for performance until the bottlenecks are taken out of the rest.

its essentially just tuning the end of a horn, your still going to be blowing just as hard to sound a little different.

BigDaddySRT
06-14-2013, 09:49 AM
Remember all these back sections of exhaust arent going to do much for performance until the bottlenecks are taken out of the rest.

These rear Muffler Sections are not designed/ tuned for the North American Version of the ABARTH.

Adding these Rear Muffler Sections will do nothing but add another bottleneck.

shagghie
06-14-2013, 11:19 AM
These rear Muffler Sections are not designed/ tuned for the North American Version of the ABARTH.

Adding these Rear Muffler Sections will do nothing but add another bottleneck.

Yeah the Record Monza is all about one thing: sound Exhausts are the one part of the car for me where performance isn't the primary objective. I live in so cal so I'm not worried about the mild steel, either...it's part of why I like the sound, reminds me exactly of the sound of Abarth exhausts we've had on the 124 SC, etc. The valve does help performance slightly with the variable back pressure...indeed that is this exhaust's entire 'reason to exist'. I understand it's not tuned for the multiair, but 2 years on, I don't see MM with any exhausts made for our cars by MM or Mopar for that matter, so I've given up hope for one that is tuned. I don't mind the restriction of the muffler anyways; it doesn't come close to the restriction already in the DP and Midpipe, which when sorted, will put the whole experience alot closer to the car in the parking garage video anyways. Alllll that said, deathshead, I also have my eye on the Pogea and Megan, at half the cost, and a sound which I've already heard in person that was like candy crack to the ears...