PDA

View Full Version : 500L Trekking, Italian style

Andree
06-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Here's a link to check out the Italian version of the 500L Trekking (all in Italian):
http://www.fiat.it/it/500L-trekking

Configure away!

Andree
06-12-2013, 12:06 AM
I picked out the all-white exterior with the black/white interior here:

fiat30327
06-12-2013, 03:43 PM
The Trekking definitely gives the 500L a more masculine flavor

msjulie33
06-12-2013, 11:15 PM
Capital Fiat of San Jose has a bunch of brand new 500L's in stock, saw a white on white one return from inventory test drive and a red with white top in the shop being prepped for showing.. Slightly off topic but I know some are waiting :)

http://melbin.net/500l.jpg

Andree
06-13-2013, 12:44 AM
Capital Fiat of San Jose has a bunch of brand new 500L's in stock, saw a white on white one return from inventory test drive and a red with white top in the shop being prepped for showing.. Slightly off topic but I know some are waiting :)

http://melbin.net/500l.jpg

Very tempting!

It's going to get hectic in this area pretty soon. Test drives, first impressions, new owners.

I think we'll need a sticky for photos from the new owners.

Berliner
06-13-2013, 03:57 AM
Checked out the 500 L yesterday. Avondale Fiat had a solid black one with red and cream interior. Loved the Color Combo very nice. Sticker was $ 22.995 with no add on from the Dealer. Fiat was kind to give away the Convenience Package with the Car at no extra Cost at $ 22k. Seen the 500 L next to a 500 Sport IMHO the 500 L has nothing to do with our beloved 500 except the Twin Air and the Badge. And my Post here is based only on my Emotions. When I walked into the Studio for the 1st Time seen the 500 and the Abarth. It was love all over again after my Mid Life Crisis and I bet I feel the same again when the Alfas hit the Floor.

I am not bashing the 500L here I just do not feel it. Fiat should have called it the 600 L. With all the Windows 4 Doors and the Hatch 600L would have been a better fit for the Car.

My 17 Year old Teen Daughter summed it up just fine.......

the Hatch is big enough to hold a big A.. Sticker of the Sex Pistols ..... the Bumper will hold plenty of Hello Kitty Stickers......... but if I have to drive this Euro Suv to School....

my Hipness is gone and than she ask me .. I hope you are planning on buying the 500L for 4 me.....

Nope I said you get a 500 Pop 2 Doors less Windows abd a Business Card from Madness in the Glove Box...

Andree
06-13-2013, 05:20 AM
Berliner, I agree with the naming, I would have put a different name or number on it. It's confusing as it is, with Cabrios except Abarth together, and where are they putting the Gucci cabrio? In it's own category I guess with other Guccis. But that isn't done with the Pop, Lounge. It's a mess.

In fact, if I wished for a 500, and it came true, there's a chance that it would be completely the wrong car. If I'd wished for a small runabout and a big car showed up, I'd be mad. If I needed the big car and a tiny car showed up, I'd be mad.

I have to say "regular 500" to differentiate from the 500L. "Regular 500" is covering the entire body style from Pop to Abarth and everything in between, including convertibles. Same body style.

Pop, Lounge, Gucci, all have the bumperettes, they're all in the same immediate family. Other country specialty versions like Barbie and Diesel were also w/bumperettes.
Sport has it's own distinctive look. While Turbo and Abarth are similar.

Bumperette cars over on one side, and sport-type cars on the other. Their derivatives with convertibles go in the parent category. I saw that there is a convertible S (sport) in another country, and that would go with the sport-type cars.

There is the difference in windshield for the convertibles, but if you're putting some convertibles in a different category, put them ALL in the different category if the windshield makes it a different model.

Berliner
06-13-2013, 05:40 AM
Andree, Pardon me for saying so..... my Teen Girls got it right...... at the Age of 50 I am not falling for the Hype.... anymore been Hip anymore or a Looser.... because what I have in my Garage......

I enjoy Life a bit in my Garage... with my stock Abarth the funny Jokes from the Neighbors does it bother me Hell no..... honestly I enjoy it... I got everything I worked for....

Do I Care about a Nitro Tank in a 500... LOL.... I don't I enjoy quality Times with my old School Friends.....talking about.......

Tomato Plants the new 500L my stock Abarth.......

Honestly I am not buying into this Hype here on this Forum that my Stock Abarth will run better with a $ 199.00 Turbo Boost......

from the Vendors on this Side.....

My Days have been old School.......

and honestly I like it that Way........

I guess that makes me a Dick on this Forum.......

Andree
06-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Andree, Pardon me for saying so..... my Teen Girls got it right...... at the Age of 50 I am not falling for the Hype.... anymore been Hip anymore or a Looser.... because what I have in my Garage......

I enjoy Life a bit in my Garage... with my stock Abarth the funny Jokes from the Neighbors does it bother me Hell no..... honestly I enjoy it... I got everything I worked for....

Do I Care about a Nitro Tank in a 500... LOL.... I don't I enjoy quality Times with my old School Friends.....talking about.......

Tomato Plants the new 500L my stock Abarth.......

Honestly I am not buying into this Hype here on this Forum that my Stock Abarth will run better with a $ 199.00 Turbo Boost......

from the Vendors on this Side.....

My Days have been old School.......

and honestly I like it that Way........

I guess that makes me a Dick on this Forum.......

Nah, you're feeling peer pressure to add stuff to your car that you don't want to add.

Look, this happens everywhere, about everything.

I'm secure in who I am. In that I seem to know what I like finally, and don't feel left out if others do something else.

There is definite need for Fiat owners who keep their car stock on this forum. Simply because most people looking to buy a new Fiat will be buying a stock Fiat from the dealership. Right? So when a potential Fiat Abarth buyer asks about the car, and what to expect, you Berliner get to respond. That's what I do too, chat with people who are buying stock vehicles.

Then people can chat with others who have done things like engine or suspension modifications. People who do racing. People who do vinyl wraps or paint things. I don't do any of that, and there are plenty of others here who do, and who can help out a new person.

I think lots of people READ the forum, perhaps ones looking to buy, or ones who aren't going to modify their vehicle. The car is a purchase to enjoy, and doesn't need anything extra. Because it's not an ongoing project, sometimes it may seem like there is nothing to talk about. But there is, people want to know about MPG and reliability and comfort and it has to do with the vehicle as it came from the dealership. After the vehicle is altered, it no longer represents the car as it came. There have to be people here who can talk about the various models as they came from the dealership.