PDA

View Full Version : Look at what I just ordered

James Hunt
06-10-2013, 10:21 PM
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/20941-10-efi-nitrous-plate-system-for-14l-dodge-dart.html

LittleEvil
06-10-2013, 10:57 PM
nopitynopitynopitynopity

James Hunt
06-10-2013, 11:30 PM
Have never lost a motor to nitrous in 30 years of spraying.

Abarth Five O
06-10-2013, 11:35 PM
That's wicked stuff, but don't blow your engine in the process.

James Hunt
06-11-2013, 12:19 AM
Only going to run a 35hp jet

Abarth Five O
06-11-2013, 12:43 AM
Thanks for sharing and look forward to seeing your results i.e. tests, videos, etc. I admire you for leading the way into uncharted territory with NX and the Abarth motor and living by the motto for tuners "pay to play".

James Hunt
06-11-2013, 12:48 AM
The kit has been tested on a multi air dart.

shagghie
06-11-2013, 01:31 AM
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/20941-10-efi-nitrous-plate-system-for-14l-dodge-dart.html
that is dope. Are you going to take her to the dragstrip?
At +100hp setting, ontop of say a piggyback solution, it doesn't mean we'd be at almost 300hp does it?
DOES IT?
How could our little turbos or trannys keep up with that?

+35 with a piggyback might be just about right... but the ecu is going to be really wigged out with the timing, no?

I can't wait to see what happens!!

Congrats!

Seafarer61
06-11-2013, 05:07 AM
Nitrous, when done right, is like "wobble" bolts...another term that frightens car owners.

Enjoy!

James Hunt
06-11-2013, 08:47 AM
that is dope. Are you going to take her to the dragstrip?
At +100hp setting, ontop of say a piggyback solution, it doesn't mean we'd be at almost 300hp does it?
DOES IT?
How could our little turbos or trannys keep up with that?

+35 with a piggyback might be just about right... but the ecu is going to be really wigged out with the timing, no?

I can't wait to see what happens!!

Congrats!

No drag runs will only use at trackdays.Gotta have something to keep the boxsters and sti's in check.

Ecu pulls timing in our cars so should not be a issue.

Chico Valdez
06-12-2013, 12:56 AM
Might be a way of dealing with that 9:1 AF ratio on the top-end...

2Cool
06-12-2013, 07:32 AM
I think the 35 or 50 would work fine, especially on a wet kit like this one. Problem with nitrous is the greed for that torque hit, it is like crack. You get a little taste then crave it, and start looking at those other jets in the kit...

dart1.4t
06-12-2013, 08:23 AM
don't use too much, especially with a piggyback. the turbo housing is small for response and it's possible to over spool it which can destroy everything. the turbo is pretty small and the boost falls before redline. a piggyback will try to push the limits but the fact the turbo is so small helps save it. the inlet chokes the engine so there is only so much air available to burn and create heat to spool the turbo higher. with nitrous the exhaust btu output will raise dramatically so the turbo wont be able to regulate itself by choking everything, it may need the waste gate to open a bit to regulate things when the nitrous is used. without a piggyback the computer will try to keep the boost below a certain level, the factory probably leaves some headroom to account for hot weather and high altitude. the combination of the two may be dangerous if you choose too much nitrous.

trevc
06-12-2013, 09:45 AM
I hope you are getting it installed by a different person than you used to install your other mods!
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?9968-Loss-of-power-after-mods

BigDaddySRT
06-12-2013, 09:50 AM
No drag runs will only use at trackdays.Gotta have something to keep the boxsters and sti's in check.

Ecu pulls timing in our cars so should not be a issue.

You are still going to get walked all over.

SuperTony
06-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Okay James Hunt - you are now on the hook for some pics of the install, videos from the track (dusting a Boxster gets extra points) and a long term report in 6+ months... :-) Looks cool! Mount that in the back in the center after a rear seat delete - pow! Instant conversation piece.

shagghie
06-12-2013, 12:28 PM
You are still going to get walked all over.

Not if you get the jump. :-p

808Abarth
06-12-2013, 05:27 PM
i really think this car can take sti and evo. im getting used to running this thing on our mountain and im practicing with the late brake in.
its really quite a treat if you do it really aggresive.
just hit 1100 miles so im starting to pound it.
selfproclaimed best of mountain! lol

MADNESSLuckyJay
06-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Just curious as to how you're going to activate the system, button or micro-switch? Doesn't the throttle body on these stay at WOT from time to time even if you don't have your foot in it? At least I remember reading that. I don't think you'll damage your engine, people do get over-worried with nitrous, it doesn't do what it shows in the movies!!! I promise, even at max spray your floor pan won't fall off, ahem, cough-cough, Brian O'Conners Eclipse.

When I've bottle-fed other motors, it's pretty much rule of thumb that you can squeeze half the horsepower you make stock, as for the MultiAir engine... I'm excited to see!

GoFiatGo!
06-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Just curious as to how you're going to activate the system, button or micro-switch? Doesn't the throttle body on these stay at WOT from time to time even if you don't have your foot in it?

The Nitrous Express EFI Nitrous Plate Systems for Dodge Dart applications transforms a cool little car into a tire smoking hot rod in the matter of a couple hours. The system includes a lightweight nitrous plate that bolts between the throttle body and intake making installation quick and easy. A direct-plug-in Fuel Line Adapter is provided to simplify installation (no need to cut your factory fuel lines). This system includes a TPS Wide Open Throttle Switch so the nitrous only activates at wide open throttle and automatically turns off when you decelerate.

Related to the TPS are accelerator pedal sensors, which often include a wide open throttle (WOT) sensor. The accelerator pedal sensors are used in "drive by wire" systems.

MADNESSLuckyJay
06-12-2013, 07:02 PM
The Nitrous Express EFI Nitrous Plate Systems for Dodge Dart applications transforms a cool little car into a tire smoking hot rod in the matter of a couple hours. The system includes a lightweight nitrous plate that bolts between the throttle body and intake making installation quick and easy. A direct-plug-in Fuel Line Adapter is provided to simplify installation (no need to cut your factory fuel lines). This system includes a TPS Wide Open Throttle Switch so the nitrous only activates at wide open throttle and automatically turns off when you decelerate.

Related to the TPS are accelerator pedal sensors, which often include a wide open throttle (WOT) sensor. The accelerator pedal sensors are used in "drive by wire" systems.

ahhhhhh, pedal sensor

James Hunt
06-12-2013, 07:12 PM
I hope you are getting it installed by a different person than you used to install your other mods!
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?9968-Loss-of-power-after-mods

Larry Macedo of No Limits Hi Performance , He worked for Justin Bell and Hennessey Performance before starting he own shop.

Larry's work has been featured in many publications and is home to the 1200+whp viper and ford gt.

BigDaddySRT
06-13-2013, 07:07 AM
i really think this car can take sti and evo. im getting used to running this thing on our mountain and im practicing with the late brake in.
its really quite a treat if you do it really aggresive.
just hit 1100 miles so im starting to pound it.
selfproclaimed best of mountain! lol

LOL.... So you honestly believe that you "can take" a higher horsepower AWD Car in the braking zones???

deathshead
06-13-2013, 09:27 AM
LOL.... So you honestly believe that you "can take" a higher horsepower AWD Car in the braking zones???

The Abarth has cut down and dive bombed many big cars way out of its league,
R8- Porsches, etc. its absolutely possible.

BigDaddySRT
06-13-2013, 09:30 AM
The Abarth has cut down and dive bombed many big cars way out of its league,
R8- Porsches, etc. its absolutely possible.

A Bone Stock OEM 2013 NA ABARTH isn't going to stand a chance against an Audi V10 R8!!!!!

Even with a 35 Horsepower shot of nitrous on that said ABARTH... you are still going to get wasted by an Audi V10 R8!!!!

You guys really need to stop with the paper racing.

It makes you look very foolish.

shagghie
06-13-2013, 12:46 PM

I think it all depends on the circumstances. On a tight/twisty mountain road, the Abarth holds its own just fine. Just ask DeeFourTay or any of the other former owners of Evos, STi's, etc. that are driving Abarths now. Of course on a big track, it is going to be a different story, or any other all-out straight line situation too. But in Auto-Cross and mountain roads, the Abarth is more than capable of keeping up in the hands of the right driver. And with a little work and some better rubber, it's pretty hard to beat around a tight constant-radius corner. This is a small, light car to begin with, and on paper it doesn't have the best suspension set up, lol....but the Italians have done an excellent job of maximizing the set-up and have been doing so for decades. For a $25k mini-car, it surprises a lot of other drivers on the road, day in and day out. I don't even have a piggyback, and kept up with an S2000 in an all-out freeway romp thru the top of 3rd, at which point he started very very slowly to gain on me. He had a passenger on board, but still... that told me right there the car has potential to be very quick, even straight line. Talk about a surprised driver...we got to the end of the 8fwy where it comes to a full stop (the freeway literally ends), rolled down the window and first words out of his mouth were 'what do you got under there!?'. I told him CAI and a ported TB with no tune and stock exhaust, and all he did was look at his buddy next to him as if I was lying to him. S2000's are light, but not nearly as light as our cars (i think like 300lbs heavier, IIRC). But they have gobs more HP stock. Anyway, I ramble... the point is that 'small but wicked' is the moniker for a reason...one based on physics primarily, but also the racing heritage and philosophy of carl abarth. I think the guy sold like 200,000+ of his abarth exhaust in a short amount of time. Our equivalent of that exhaust would be the Record Monza, with variable back pressure design. I need coffee, I'm rambling...but seriously...with a tune and $5k, the Abarth holds its own just fine, especially in the twisties.

I mean really, the other day I was driving in the snow/sleet, and was staying ahead of a subi ... he finally got around me, but when he craned his neck to see what kind of car I had, he lost control of the vehicle! Still got around me, though. Here, let me see, I think I have a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccZieLD6qGE

trevc
06-13-2013, 01:13 PM
I mean really, the other day I was driving in the snow/sleet, and was staying ahead of a subi ... he finally got around me, but when he craned his neck to see what kind of car I had, he lost control of the vehicle! Still got around me, though. Here, let me see, I think I have a video of it.

That was my Grandma driving the subi :onthego:

Chico Valdez
06-13-2013, 03:44 PM
I promise, even at max spray your floor pan won't fall off, ahem, cough-cough, Brian O'Conners Eclipse.

That's because they were using 'NAWWSS'... beerchug
The way the O2 charts I've seen thus far look like one could use a 'switch' activated by the O2 levels. Use it as a 'dry-shot'.